Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
Brother B, thanks for the nice review of the CRZ. I would have to agree with collegerower on temp settings. High 13's usually does the trick for me. Much over 14 makes for vapor not quite as tasty for us anyway.
I did appreciate your comment about "blowing away the last generation of log vapes.......". Some might ask....."what do you mean by that statement, last generation of log vapes?" Many of us understood right away what you were saying, Brother, but some may be going..."whaaaat????"

So here is my take. Same heater, wood around it, maybe insulated, maybe not. Maybe pretty, maybe not. But the LAST generation, as mentioned by Brother Brigham is the generation of log vapes with a more restricted airflow as we currently have with the CRZ. We have increased the designed airflow but only marginally from the original design. Yes, this baby works and is solid and looks great(even if too shiny for the Brother!)...etc, etc BUT IT STILL IS A DESIGN WITH DECENT AIRFLOW RESTRICTION. The comments, sales and waiting lines of our competitors has caught our notice. I saw the top of a new UD from Dave and could not believe all the air intake holes. Same of course with the HI as Alan has always been the airflow guy.

I have to end this as another farm thing just came up so I will do it quickly.

We anticipate some serious changes for Aromazap in the last half of 2012. Also some serious changes for Rick and Pat during the same time. Some of you may have figured out Aromazap does not have the same fire we once had. The only other clue right now is we will be doing our best to insure Aromazap continues to be a top quality product with top quality service, embracing change when necessary.

No changes anticipated in the immediate future but the winds are blowing. Never strong enough to blow the feet off a Spartan though! That was funny. Yup, Jeppy called it.

SD_haze

Max just posted in another thread
"And the cord, where it meets the strain relief/jack, is really the part where 'handle with care' pays off. Adding some shrink wrap or electrical tape there is a good idea."

Now, definitely not the first I've heard about stress/strain on the jack port being a weak point & something to be careful with, but I've never seen anyone mention in any log thread about adding electrical tape to increase the durability.

Granted, I definitely haven't seen every post in all the log threads.

So does anyone do this?
I'd really like to see maybe a picture or a better explanation on where to attach the electrical tape because it sounds like a simple way to prolong the life of the cord (especially my VVPS cord now getting used all over the place)

SD_haze,
Reactions: Rick

max

Out to lunch
The idea, with tape or shrinkwrap, is to stiffen the power cord where it meets the strain relief and eliminate the stress on the cord at that point. Turn the CRZ (or pretty much any device using the typical wall wart adapter) back and forth and watch that one spot on the cord get stressed, vs. doing the same thing to a much thicker power cord like on a surge protector. The stiffness of the thick cord spreads the stress out to a much larger area and eliminates the drastic bend at one small area of the cord. You want to start the tape wrap on the thick strain relief, wrapping it several times for a secure grip, and then taper the wrap off a couple of inches down the cord, so there's no place where thick meets thin.

Rick

Zapman
Thanks for that info Max. SD_hazes question and your answer relates to why we started offering the "Transformer Repair Kit". Folks were buying new transformers when the only problem was a broken wire right next to the Zap plug. Then we found a plug that did not have to be soldered for installation. Judging by our sales of that product, I am guessing the manufacturers are doing a better job at the strain relief on those plugs. The tape "extra strain relief" you describe will always help.
Been real quiet around here lately. Much of it is my doing in that I have been staying away from all things Aromazap the last few weeks. These threads need active, positive participation from the person in charge to stay active and lively. That is valuable time for all of us manufacturers because we cannot just go post whatever. We have to be careful what we say and how we say it as lots of folks are reading. Always up and positive about whatever we say. Keep the bullshit down. So one has to be in the correct mood to do the forum thing besides having the time to do it.
Here are a few things that have gone on here just the last week.
Heat like never before with a small truck farm to keep watered. Over an acre but under two acres. All terraces on a hillside, each 12+ feet wide and between 200 and 300 feet long. Seven of them. Lettuce, lettuce, lettuce. Summer squash, Chioggia beets, lots of edible flower pedal mix for garnish on everything they make from Salads to Deserts.(http://www.cdaresort.com/) I get out of much of the hard work but it is taking us all to keep it going now. Our signature crop of muti-colored cherry tomatoes is about to begin the barrage. We have a fucking lot of those babies ready to start, around 200 plants I hear. I am going up after this to prune the 5 foot high caged rows. Way too many blossoms and extra foliage at this time. Yesterday Pat and I delivered the biggest order yet which took most of the day by the time we got all the other run around stuff done. 95 plus out there. Our Chevy van had quite a load and I think we had the biggest week in sales ever in the history of Howling Hills Farm, and we are only mid July, early in our season. So that is one big reason for my absence from Zapville.
Then two Blank Angus critters out with much room to wander. Wilma and Barney took almost all day to get home Thursday with Mike barely able to walk at the end and me shot for the day. Try watching two full grown Black Angus beef jump out of a horse trailer! WHAAAAT!!!
There are other things happening at the same time. I have mentioned several times on this forum a situation with an ex family member who has tried several times to make trouble for us over Aromazap. That situation will always be there. I have learned in my 66 years people rarely change from their established lifestyle patterns, good or bad. Pat is looking at one more Birthday before the big seven O and I am not far behind.

I am not going to sit here and say....."so we have a little lul going but will pick up as time allows" or "The old Zap train is slowing as we are slowing since we be getting old and feeble".

Suffice it to say, I have the same Zap Spirit as I have had for over ten years. That wonderful hook up to The Master Flow and all goodness for us and our customers is still there loud and clear. That excitement has been re-directed by the Master Flow over the last few weeks but only in a way that will make Aromazap an even better product in many ways. I also want to say I view Aromazap very similar to our close to 50 year marriage. Once you build the legacy of time and a quality relationship over several years, you want to see that grow and be better as the years roll on.
Good things should keep on keeping on.

So, is it time for a Tanqueray contest or game? What's the gig? Any suggestions? Only thing is, the last bottle of Tanqueray was for Fathers Day, actually two of them. And they are long gone.

Rick

Zapman
Dude, I am going to guess over 12 Mbps download? We are in the 5Mbps "zone" but we are constantly over that. I was running about 8 Mbps yesterday when I checked. Good for you moving up to faster(I assume that is what the question was about?)

Looks like Mother is giving me a chance to get some more beauties turned out and up on the site today. Very thorough thunderstorms all night and right now happening so we may stay off the hill and settle in the shop buried a pile of chips today. I have some more beautiful walnut, cherry and Myrtle waiting to get Zapolized. Those blocks were getting lonely and feeling bad about being ignored.

Looking for a nice calm day as my first glimpse outside included Wilma and Barney munching away in their pasture, a good thing. Wilma is bred now so is generally calm and settled but on occasion she will get a hair up her arss to push those fences even though she has the best eats in the Valley.

Dude, I am going to guess over 12 Mbps download? We are in the 5Mbps "zone" but we are constantly over that. I was running about 8 Mbps yesterday when I checked. Good for you moving up to faster(I assume that is what the question was about?)

Yes, sorry for being cryptic. We FINALLY got Exede12 service here yesterday, so I am getting 12+ mb/sec download. That's an increase of 11 mb/sec from what I had before. So in essence I am smokin' AND vapin' over here! :cool:

Rick

Zapman
Dude, cryptic? Whatever it was, you bumped this very slow thread. Thanks for that. Another world, faster internet, over 12 Mbps is fast for anybody. All from a satellite too. Pretty neat for us country bumpkins.
A few more CRZs going up in an hour or so. A couple maples an a couple nice claro walnuts.
Get 'em while you can!!

Edit: You will see different VV power supply options offered with different Zaps. That is because we are running low on VVs and will not be restocking them. I still strongly believe in the VV product as the final addition to any log vape experience. As a purchased product to re-sell, even with decent discounts, VV sales for us do not pencil out and will not be continued. We will continue offering the power cords that will work with any type of VV purchased for a log vape. We will also offer our recommendations on a quality VV Power Supply. It's all about margins and time.

Rick

Zapman
Too late to edit the above post so here is another.
Something seemed not right on my last VV power cord order as it did not arrive as I expected, late last week. I buy the cord with Zap plug and install the VV plug. I checked first thing this AM and discovered my supplier had an inventory mix up with only the three foot length cord in stock. "When are the 6 footers due back in stock?" "First of August at the earliest" YUK, that will not work!

Long story short, I do have some VV cords coming but they have the right angle Zap plug installed. Any VV cord orders are held up til at least Friday for shipping and will have a right angle plug. Regular straight plugs will not be in stock til early August. We apparently created new demand for a product that had been sitting on the shelf awhile.

tuscan tins

Posting here because Rick recommended this vvps...
I got mine today :)

http://imgur.com/a/INdLd

As you can see, it was missing a foot when I got it. I used a knife and cut a piece of cork down to size, and shoved it in the hole where one of the feet was missing. It fits and sits perfectly :)

Thanks for the recommendation Rick! I await the arrival of your indestructible power cords :)

edit: I just noticed your second post above. Does that mean I'll be getting a right angle plug?

SD_haze

Posting here because Rick recommended this vvps...
I got mine today :)

http://imgur.com/a/INdLd

As you can see, it was missing a foot when I got it. I used a knife and cut a piece of cork down to size, and shoved it in the hole where one of the feet was missing. It fits and sits perfectly :)

Thanks for the recommendation Rick! I await the arrival of your indestructible power cords :)

edit: I just noticed your second post above. Does that mean I'll be getting a right angle plug?
If you still have the packaging, did you triple check to see if the foot slipped off during shipping? I had a weird situation where two feet came off at a party somehow, so I'm thinking it can't be that hard to knock em off.

SD_haze,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I do have some VV cords coming but they have the right angle Zap plug installed. Any VV cord orders are held up til at least Friday for shipping and will have a right angle plug. Regular straight plugs will not be in stock til early August.
I've been using a right angle plug for years and I find it better than the straight plug. It doesn't wear out like the straight plug because there isn't any strain on it and the cord never gets in the way so it's nicer to use as well :2c:

hazy,

sharkvszombie299

Just wanted to check in and say my OG zap is still kickin and hittin like a beast as well!. I wish i had used the electrical tape trick cause my wire wore out but i had the transformer repair kit so it was no prob. Next step is i need to get the rattle kit cause my shit rattle alot haha (shes take some harsh spills but keeps kickin). Thanks rick for a great product!

sharkvszombie299,

Rick

Zapman
Hey all! Just dropped in to say "hi" and tell you we are taking off for a couple days!
Thought you would like that one. :lol:
We may have some clues about the light at the end of the tunnel, maybe not. The Zap train hit a fork that somebody switched without telling us a while back. We have been on the new line but not sure where it is heading. And then a tunnel, a long tunnel. But ......what is that glimmer ahead??????
Thank you sharksvs for the kind words. There are alot of those little blocks out there still makiin' hot air, that's for sure.
Q_, thanks for the order. You should have it by now?

placetime

Hey all! Just dropped in to say "hi" and tell you we are taking off for a couple days!
Thought you would like that one. :lol:
We may have some clues about the light at the end of the tunnel, maybe not. The Zap train hit a fork that somebody switched without telling us a while back. We have been on the new line but not sure where it is heading. And then a tunnel, a long tunnel. But ......what is that glimmer ahead??????
:rockon:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hope you and Zaplady have an enjoyable and safe trip. The two of you are long overdue for a little R & R. :D

Hope the light turns out to be a bright one. ;)

momofthegoons,
i've had my CRZ and VVPS for a little while now, and i think i've gotten to the point where i could say i'm proficient with both. i have learned to adjust my zap in different ambient temperatures to stay at the same vaping temp. i can choose if i want to vape at a lower temp, or higher. some times i'll crank it up a small amount and just get huge thick lung busting milky hits, or sometimes i'll turn it down a little and just chill and hit the same stem for 10-15 minutes. when i vape at a lower temp i can crank it up and get one last good hit out of it if i want.
i'm seriously loving the combination.
then there's the bubbler. i still think it is just as great as when i first got it. REALLY FUCKING GREAT! it just makes the hits so nice. they aren't hot or dry at all, you can't even tell you are getting a hit on your throat, but your lungs definitely still feel it :lol:.
my ac power cord, from the wall to the VVPS, broke somehow. so i picked up a new 6 foot one today and i like the extra length. outlets aren't always conveniently placed, and so having a few extra feet comes in handy.

Top Bottom