Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
IAmKrazy2 said:
I always twist and puff, seems to work a little better. Habit now.
+1 to this. I like to moisten my lips first to ensure that I can turn the stem as I am hitting it. It gives more of the blend a chance to be hit by the hot air. (Hence bigger hits)

AGBeer,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I just want to say that Rick is great. He is taking the time to make sure I receive exactly the piece I want. His communication and patience has been fantastic. I cannot wait to receive this wonderful piece. Pics to follow......

the ob,

combusche

i've said and i'll say it again, the zap is ridiculously efficient. since i started trying to vape exclusively, i realized that i use so much less, i don't actually count but i would venture to say i use at most half of what i used to - that means like 50% less bud used. it's hard to gauge if i'm as 'high' or 'stone' as before, but i'd say that it has been different. the effects are a lot less couchlocking, and a lot more sedating.

combusche,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Since I have gotten my SV and used it for a while, I too can attest to the efficiency of my Zap. I dont think Im getting any 'higher' with my SV, its just a convenience factor from time to time but its downside is its nowhere NEAR as efficient as my Zap. You think your Zap is awesome now? Wait til you have had it for a couple of months when it is 'broken in'. You will fall in love with it all over again :)

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
combusche, I totally agree that the Zap's efficiency is great. I've been out of town with a friend and we've been keeping track of how much herb we've gone through. We only notice a marked increase in the ABV jar when we've been using the whip style vape we brought. And as far as how stoned we're getting, we've been ridiculous. I've been laughing like a fool.

I had my friend take a little bonding session with my Zap and some Zapolish. She's become a big fan of the wood Rick. :nod: I think we have ourselves another big fan.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

B.

War Criminal
I would say all the ladies who've polished Rick's wood become fans.

:p

(sorry i had to)

B.,

caseball2051

If the 12v runs on 12v in the house, does it still run at 12v in the car?

does it run a little hotter in the car? a car battery is 14V i think?

JW cause it seemed to run hotter in the car last night. the car charger works great for ABV!

caseball2051,

Rick

Zapman
It's funny on the wood. After the lathe work which includes a thorough sanding, then the boring and drilling work, I give Myrtle a good 15 minute hand job. It's good tough wood for sure. Real pretty too since much of it sneaks out of the waste flow into Zapville. The person responsible for finding this stuff has been doing it all his life and he is close to our age('60s).
caseball
Yes, yes. Vehicles, when running, are putting out right at 13.5 volts. The charging system does that to keep the 12 volt battery charged fully. So Zaps will run hotter in a car while running. Car adapter is also a good way to check for a 12 volt wall transformer malfunction(wire broke next to output plug). If the unit heats in the car, the 12 volt wall transformer is the problem.
We spent some time with ob through the process. The first batch this week was all nice with even some softwood AZs in there but nothing jumped out at me. All more in the "just nice" category. So we will look a bit harder for obs Myrtle. There was one that will be going out for a birthday present on a special day that is pretty sweet alright.
So mom, I'm not sure if I can handle you turning your girl friends on to my wood. I understand you are in the older generation of folks here on FC.(maybe not as old as us but getting there). So that gives me extra concern since I have been hearing these rumors about older women. Then there is lovely Pat I have to keep happy too and she is even older than me! Gee whiz, life gets tougher all the time.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I don't know Rick....if you had seen her with that Zapolish..... :brow: Maybe if you weren't so busy and didn't have to do all those hand jobs....

Ah..so many demands on Rick! :lol: But we don't want to piss off Pat in any way, so we'll just have to "pine away" now wont we?

Looking forward to seeing the birthday present!!!!!!! I've said it before and I'm sure I'll continue to, but I agree that Rick's customer service is the best. It's very clear to me that for Rick, the customer's happiness is the most important part of the whole process.

And now that my Zap has heated up from the ride back home from up north, I'm going to go have a session in his honor!! :bowdown:

momofthegoons,

Gatsby T Pig

As I posted earlier in this thread, I am very interested in this vape. I like that there are new clear food-grade nylon straws being used as well as a new heat sink and custom washers set-up. Oh, let's not forget the prospect of glass.

The only problem/concern I see from many users is the supposed need for a 13.5 volt adapter. I have been wondering if the people that felt they needed this adapter have finally found, over a period of months of use, that they no longer need it. I thought I saw that one person found the 12v was very good after he got it back from a friend when he thought he was going to give up on it.

I don't mind buying this thing, plugging it in and not using it for a couple months so I can 'season' it, before starting to really use it. I noticed that momofthegoons got this product some time ago and wondered if she or anyone else still feels like the 13.5v is necessary.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Edit- I must've missed the last couple of pages because I just noticed collegegrower and momofthegoons responded to the ob about a similar concern. I guess I am just wondering if 13.5 is necessary after 3 months. I don't mind waiting for the break in period since I am not currently buying MMJ and will not be using again until my Bday in September.

Gatsby T Pig,

collegerower

Gatsby,

Straight out of the box I enjoyed the 13.5, and my girlfriend preferred the 12v. Now after 2ish months I agree that the 13.5 is a little harsh, and prefer the 12v on most occasions.

Also keep in mind that its by no means unusable when it is still "breaking in", but you wont get the super dark herbs when you are finished. I loved my zap from the second I received it both in aesthetics as well as performance. I hope I sorta answered your questions.... Not quite sure....

collegerower,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Gatsby, I am still using the 13.5, however, I have noticed that my Zap is running warmer than it did when I got it. I also notice that by the end of a session with the 13.5, or if I leave it plugged in for a while, the 13.5 makes the Zap run hotter than I want it. I think this means I am close to the end of my "break in." Personally, I think for the small dollar amount the 13.5 costs ($10 shipped w/unit, $15 shipped separately) is worth it. Even with the extra adaptor, it places this unit, cost wise, under the cost of the other log vapes.

momofthegoons,

Gatsby T Pig

Wow, collegegrower and momofthegoons, we must be working on the same schedule. The two of you answered my question almost immediately after I posted. I didn't expect that.

Thank you and happy cinco de mayo!

Gatsby T Pig,

the ob

all good in the hood.
^^^^
not to mention that you can usually get a unit within a week and the service is outstanding. The "lead" issue is now a non-issue.....

I chose to get the 13.5 as well, but believe I probably will not need/like it as well as the 12. I did it because even with the extra adapter, my cost came to 155.00 for a fully built unit.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
Gatsby
Some people like thicker vapor for one reason or another. Others prefer lighter vapor. There are different characteristics to each that appeal to different people for different reasons. Bottom line is if you or anyone think you will want thick vapor right away with the Zap, add a 13.5 volt for $10 with your order. Total $155 and now you have two choices for heat range in a unit ready to use when you get it with a one year guarantee. Even after a break in period, some like the 13.5 but not many. I have read on FC that this phenomenon is unique to non-kiln dried woods used in these type vapes but I have also read on several occasions from owners that the kiln dried brand runs warmer with time too.

Talked to the washer folks today. They will ship tomorrow and be here early to mid next week.
Also talked to our glass guy and he is waiting on some special order tubes for his first run. He says he expects them late this week and should have something for us to look at around the first of next week. Looks like much SHOULD be coming together next week. Been tossing around some ideas for a bonus here or there but I need to get my prices first.
Just had my annual check up. I added a blood lead test to the blood work. Lab gal asked why because the insurance companies do not normally pay for a lead test. I told her I worked with brass, etc. Anyway, I am officially no lead. No lead is zero to 20(out of 100) and I was a 4, whatever the fuck that means. She said that was very low. We live in the Silver Valley of North Idaho which is famous for mines and lead. So it is just anecdotal but I have been sucking on Zaps for ten years and have been grinding and drilling and cutting brass with never a mask and dust of all kinds everywhere always and forever for he same period. Wonder if I can get certified RoHS lead free now? Hell that should make for some sales. Better check it out. Rest of the physical came out great except I need to lose a few pounds.

Rick,

Gatsby T Pig

Rick-
Thanks for the added information, I appreciate it. Personally, I have never been concerned about lead and I live next to leadville and around many mines. It's good to hear you're healthy, despite the extra pounds. I dropped 30 in the last 6 months and now I'm ready for another physical. I think all doctors say you could lose more weight. Even veterinarians tell me my puppy could be a few pounds lighter. Bastards... I think she is beautiful the way she is.

I am going to send you an email about the myrtlezap, I finally made up my mind.

Gatsby T Pig,

the ob

all good in the hood.
sorry rick, I did not mean to imply that the lead was an issue. it is just an issue on this board with some people. :rolleyes:

the ob,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Rick said:
I have been sucking on Zaps for ten years... Wonder if I can get certified RoHS lead free now? Hell that should make for some sales.
So let me see if I understand this correctly - You have admittedly been waxing and puffing (some rather beautiful) wood for over 10 years? Now you want to get RoHS certified?

Im afraid to ask how they performed this 'test' :p

Sorry Rick, I couldnt resist... Call it jealousy, but seeing all of these women getting wet for your wood just makes me a little green with envy :p

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Great news on the physical Rick and even better news on the blood test. If that doesn't put this matter in it's final resting place, I can't imagine what would.

Glad to hear you're joining the family Gatsby. I think you will be pleased with your Zap experience.

And AG....what can I say? He's a charmer. ;)

momofthegoons,

collegerower

Rick,

I am so excited to hear about the things going on in zapville! For some reason its always fun to hear whats new.

Glad to hear that all the health questions were cleared up also. That should put everything to rest one would hope. I am sure there will be something else though. Just wait :lol:

I cant wait to see what next week brings!

collegerower,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I cant wait to see the new glass. Rick, glad your health is ok.

question. I know people leave these on 24/7. Is there really ZERO chance of a fire hazzard? It would make me nervous to leave a heating element on all the time. I have seen talk of this on the forum but nothing that made me super comfortable. thanks in advance.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
ob
We'll have yours on the test bench with a few others in an hour or two. It is a true classic.
24/7 on with the 12 volt is no problem that we know of. The heat cannot 'bounce up' in any way as there is just 12 volts going in. Remember, there is no combustion with these vapes and the temp is set. Your call though. Whatever makes you feel the safest.

Zero chance...............of anything??? I surely cannot say there is a ZERO chance of a fire hazzard. Very very close to zero though.

Rick,
Top Bottom