Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

lwien

collegerower said:
Also there is no satisfaction guarantee. The vape does what it does, and if you dont like it, tough titties.
TOTAL bullshit.

I have no doubt that Rick very much wants ALL of his customers to be satisfied with his product and will do whatever it takes to make that happen and that if in fact, a customer purchased the wrong vape for his/her needs, that Rick, after exhausting all other avenues, would gladly offer a refund rather than have a totally dissatisfied customer on his books.

"if you dont like it, tough titties" is not a stance that any manufacturer worth their salt would ever want to ascribe to.

I really do believe that a "satisfaction guarantee", although not stated in their warranties, truly is part of the mindset of both Rick and Tom for the AZ/MZ/PD vapes and the statement of "tough titties" is totally without merit.

lwien,

collegerower

lwien said:
collegerower said:
Also there is no satisfaction guarantee. The vape does what it does, and if you dont like it, tough titties.
TOTAL bullshit.

I have no doubt that Rick very much wants ALL of his customers to be satisfied with his product and will do whatever it takes to make that happen and that if in fact, a customer purchased the wrong vape for his/her needs, that Rick, after exhausting all other avenues, would gladly offer a refund rather than have a totally dissatisfied customer on his books.

"if you dont like it, tough titties" is not a stance that any manufacturer worth their salt would ever want to ascribe to.
I couldnt agree more lwien. I know rick wants every costumer to be satisfied, and will do everything he can to make them.

Direct from Ricks website: http://www.aromazap.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=56:

We DO NOT offer a "satisfaction guarantee" as the big retailers do. No refunds if you decide vapor is not what you want.
His words, not mine.

collegerower,

lwien

collegerower said:
lwien said:
collegerower said:
TOTAL bullshit.

I couldnt agree more lwien. I know rick wants every costumer to be satisfied, and will do everything he can to make them.

Direct from Ricks website: http://www.aromazap.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=56:

We DO NOT offer a "satisfaction guarantee" as the big retailers do. No refunds if you decide vapor is not what you want.
His words, not mine.
But this is not a situation of a user getting a vaporizer for the first time but then deciding that smoking was what he liked better. This is a vaporist who is satisfied with vapor, but who is not satisfied with how this particular vape is working.

I really shouldn't be speaking for Rick. Hopefully, he will weigh in soon on this.

lwien,

collegerower

Ah, now I would read between the lines a little bit there.

I would read Rick's stance to mean no return "if vapor is not what you want, and this vaporizer doesn't do it like you want."

Just because someone has a different vape, or used a vape before doesn't mean that if this one doesn't perform like you want, then you can return it used.

I can see how my interpretation might be off from your lwein

And I agree, neither of us should be/are speaking for Rick. Just our feelings.

collegerower,

jasonjohnson

COnstructive QUESTIONS ABOUT VAPOR TUBES

Does everyone else's VAPOR TUBES FIT tight, or are they loose like mine ?

Does the vapor tube fit into the heat exchanger up until the ridge ?
I feel like the tube doesn't go in far enough. I drew a picture on page 68 to illustate.

DO the WIDER tubes work any better ??

GLass tubes ? (is there any advantage ? )

TUbes with a hole drilled ? (tried it, it's easier to clear the hit with your thumb than removing tube itself)

jasonjohnson,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You know, I missed the "tough titties" comment. :/ I didn't mean that was well said. However, it looks like everyone is on a more friendly basis now, and I'm very happy about that.

jason, I'm glad you are encouraged by our experiences. I think with a little time, you will grow to love your Zap. It does take some patience and some practice. Do try dry hitting your stem after you load it and before you insert it into the vape. That will give you an indication of what your draw will be like. If it is hard to draw before you've put your stem into the vape, you've packed it too tightly.

Happy practicing. :D

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

lwien

The stems are designed to be loose. They are even looser on the PD.

Advantages of glass stems? Typically, they are longer so that they cool the vapor a bit better. You can also see the vapor entering the stem, which is kinda fun.

You are the first person that I have ever heard of that drilled a hole in their stem

lwien,

collegerower

lwien said:
You are the first person that I have ever heard of that drilled a hole in their stem
I thought the same thing, and kinda liked the idea. I always just lift it out to clear it, but I like the iddea of a carb.

collegerower,

jasonjohnson

COnstructive QUESTIONS ABOUT HEATING

If i do buy the 13.5 volt charger, it will run hotter.
But others have said that you can't leave it on all the time.
WHat are the negative effects of leaving it on all the time ?

If i buy the 13.5 volt charger, is it really ONLY useful for the first few months ?
while the machine is breaking in ?

it seems (through my extensive research) that peoples zaps get hotter over the first 6 weeks. After the 6 week breakin in period, the 13.5 volt charger works well still...
BUt the difference between the 13.5v heat and the 12v heat has decreased dramatically, so it's not as important.

Is that right ?

I like the idea of leaving it on all the time, and using it at a moments notice.
Will i lose this ability by using the 13.5 volt ?

If i go from dead cold to 13.5 volt charger, it takes maybe an 1 hour to heat up ?
If I leave it in 12 V all the time, and then SWITCH to 13.5 volt, how long will it take to warm up ?

My zap is so pretty; do i really want to cover it with a cozy ?
Is it really that useful,or not?
IF i use a beer cozy, and a 12v charger all the time,
will this have the same negative effect as using a 3.5 v charger all the time will?

Finally i ordered an AROMA zap because i read that they run a little hotter. Is this true? DO they run hotter than Myrtlezaps ? Or do they just feel hotter, because they're letting more heat OUT ? and therefore not heating the herb as WELL as MytleZaps ?

jasonjohnson,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't either Rick or Tom putting a hole in the stem at one time? What was the reason for stopping that?

Jason, you beat me to the post again!.. I just can't type fast enough.

I have heard some say that after a while, the 12v is enough and that the 13.5 is just for the break in period. I'm still there, so I'm still using the 13.5. What I do is keep my Zap on the 12v 24/7, then change over to the 13.5 when I want to use it. It takes about 5 min to completely come up to temp after changing over.

Some say the cozy is enough with the 12v. I didn't want to do that to cover up the wood. The danger in using the 13.5 all the time is, I believe, that it could dry out the wood to the point of cracking. Plus, I think I read it could be dangerous since it is made to run on 12v; fire hazard maybe?

Hope this helps.

momofthegoons,

jasonjohnson

I just wanted more airflow.
But more airflow AFTER vaping has occured doesn't help :/

ONE Advantage:
Clearing it by moving your thumb ever so slightly..

is kind of nice. Its one handed and feels natural to clear it rather than let vapor sit there

jasonjohnson,

jasonjohnson

momofthegoons said:
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't either Rick or Tom putting a hole in the stem at one time? What was the reason for stopping that?

Jason, you beat me to the post again!.. I just can't type fast enough.

I have heard some say that after a while, the 12v is enough and that the 13.5 is just for the break in period. I'm still there, so I'm still using the 13.5. What I do is keep my Zap on the 12v 24/7, then change over to the 13.5 when I want to use it. It takes about 5 min to completely come up to temp after changing over.
I like the sound of a 5 minute warm up, after idling all day. +)
I think i want a 13.5 volt charger. That has to help.

(or at least it can't hurt.)

jasonjohnson,

jasonjohnson

Hopefully my constructive questions about Heating and TUBES will generate some useful info! Thanks in advance !

Time for me to go on a Run. (So much easier without combustion! )

modnote: Please review our forum rules.

# Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts instead of making back-to-back posts in a thread.
# No bumping. Please do not bump your threads to try and get attention. Be patient.
Back to Back posts should be ok if one is a reply to someone having said something, and the other is a totally unrelated point.
I'm not post-whoring or anything.. I only have 25 posts, and most are NOVELS!

I'm not trying to get attention or speed things up. I'm patient ( i think)
Im about to run, shower, and eat. Im leaving the thread, and just wanted to say something nice and constructive before leaving. =)

jasonjohnson,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Ooh, all this current (and very welcome) talk about Myrtle/Aromzaps and PD's has got me really wanting one. Thanks to someone who emailed their impressions about some of the product(s) under question.

I find I'm kinda warming up to the idea of a zap/PD occupying a spot to the left of my laptop.

Thanks for the posts in here.

Tom

tdavie,

Rick

Zapman
jason and all
Sorry for being gone for awhile. Looks like I missed alot.
Here is your option Jason, from the guy who sold it to you.
No 13.5 is needed for a softwood Aromazap. If you cannot get decent vapor with the 12 volt, send it back for a full refund. Maybe we have a cold solder joint with intermittent heat but I doubt it. I think you are a person that just cannot live with a restricted airflow.
Our stems fit the heatport perfectly. They are not loose at all. They only have to go in the heatport enough to get a good clean pull of heated air. There is no conduction involved, it is a convection vape, hot air through the load.
Bottom line is I cannot please all the people all the time. You decided on a softwood AZ because it may run a bit hotter. It was also $20 less.
I can understand the Zap not being right for everybody. I will refund your money. No tough titties(but thanks for the support collegerower) and no regrets. Perhaps if you had let me know you were having problems we could have worked through this a bit differently. For now though, a 13.5 will not help you. If you want to try a bit longer to get it to work, that is cool.

Rick,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Hey JJ - One thing you might want to try is get some better lighting. I know this may sound 'hokey' but its the truth. When I first got my Zap, I can honestly say I wasnt overly impressed with the 'clouds' that I blew from it. (Enter a decent lighting solution) When you blow your vapor into the light, you can then truly appreciate how big (or small) of a hit that you took. (Along with the taste and heat of the hit)

For the longest time, I didnt understand those who were saying that they were getting 5-6 good hits from 1 stem - until I started blowing it into the light. I know that 'visibility' can play a huge part in the experience, and a good lighting source helps immensely.

While my MZ doesnt produce NEARLY the GNARLY clouds that my SV does, its WAYYYYYYY more efficient. My SV has been plowing through my weed at an alarming rate :p

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Jason, I'd like to add one more thing about the air flow. Try hitting your vape with no herb in your stem and see if you get air flow then. With the correct stem pack, the air flow will be restricted slightly more than when you hit it empty on the vape. :)

And I agree....lighting makes a world of difference. I often think my stem is cooked, then take one more for good measure and blow into the right kind of lighting....voila! More vapor.

momofthegoons,

collegerower

I agree with AGBeer. Sometimes I will see no vapor after the first hit, and the next stem I will see a huge one with proper light, and a non white wall background. Great point.

Thanks for clarifying Rick. Once again I am surprised by your costumer service department.

Again, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my choice words. I was not trying to speak on Ricks behalf, and simply using my own sailors mouth. Again, if I did offend anyone I am sorry.

collegerower,

lwien

collegerower said:
Once again I am surprised by your costumer service department.
Not I. Like I said above, I totally expected it. Rick has earned his reputation by providing service like this for years. It takes awhile to earn this reputation, and it's well deserved.

lwien,

collegerower

lwien said:
collegerower said:
Once again I am surprised by your costumer service department.
Not I. Like I said above, I totally expected it. Rick has earned his reputation by providing service like this for years. It takes awhile to earn this reputation, and it's well deserved.
Ah, but remember that not all of us have been here for years. :o

collegerower,

lwien

collegerower said:
Ah, but remember that not all of us have been here for years. :o
Yeah. I have a tendency to forget that at times and assume things I shouldn't. :uhoh:

lwien,
I guess I missed out on the days when Rick provided service for "costumes." Damn, I always wanted to dress like a pirate!
OK, just rattling the cage a little.

Seriously, I believe it is all about technique. I get quite large clouds (if I blow them out quickly, which I don't) and most of my hits come very close to choking me. It took me a good few weeks of experimentation, but I did finally get it and I am 100% satisfied.

What I use is what most of you would probably call "mids" (if you were generous) and I grind in a Chromium Crusher, then dump that in a flour sifter, dry out a little and what comes through is perfect.

I have the original 12V adapter plugged in 24X7 with aromatic essential oils and draw a stemload and hit it in seconds whenever I like. The "suck to load" method with dry and finely ground material is the combo. I rarely get herb all the way to the end when I load and I still get 3 SOLID hits and one less so. Never lusted after the 13.5V either!

So what it boils down to is follow all the advice and practice, practice, practice. ;)

Howie Feltersnatch,
Top Bottom