Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have just heard (and feared myself) the very subtle movement that may happen in the downstem and bong connections. Normally its pretty 'snug' but it gives me the heebie-jeebies to have any sort of 'force' on any given angle of the downstem. I do recall reading once someone who complained of 'flea bites' or those tiny lil chips and cracks. I guess the tubing to bong is just an added safety element in my mind as the vinyl is soft and pliable.

AGBeer,

lwien

AGBeer said:
I have just heard (and feared myself) the very subtle movement that may happen in the downstem and bong connections. Normally its pretty 'snug' but it gives me the heebie-jeebies to have any sort of 'force' on any given angle of the downstem. I do recall reading once someone who complained of 'flea bites' or those tiny lil chips and cracks. I guess the tubing to bong is just an added safety element in my mind as the vinyl is soft and pliable.
Ah......yeah, I've seen pics of people putting a PD/MZ stem in a downstem and just putting the whole weight of the vape on top without holding it. That, to me, is just asking for trouble. I'm pretty careful in holding my vape on top of the stem without putting any weight or strain on the downstem. Pretty intuitively easy, actually.

For me, the downsides of using a tube between the stem in the bong and the vape is twofold. One, is the extra condensation that can build up in the tube, and two, that I think there is more of a chance of accidentally either tipping over the bong, or actually putting more strain on the downstem because you are not consciously holding the vape.

I guess, the bottom line is all about user preference though. For me, tubeless works.

lwien,

Rick

Zapman
Appointment with glass man Thursday. He checked out what is out there and said "no sweat, easy..". I will have an update late Thursday. We do have another idea or two that we have to run by him before the ball starts rolling.
Tubing on the way and will be added to every Zap order, along with a mouthpiece and short stem, once the new heatport with custom washers starts production, early next week

Rick,

jordon23

Hey Rick, I sent you two emails about a week apart. The last one had a pretty important question. Could you see if you got them, and shoot me back a reply. Thanks, I know you are super busy....

jordon23,

Rick

Zapman
jordan23
Gimme a clue. Or send me another Email. I thought I was keeping up on my replies but maybe not?

Rick,

jordon23

Hey, Thanks for the quick reply. One of the was titled MZ and the other Money order. Something makes me think they were filtered as junk since its a hotmail address.

jordon23,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Rick said:
Appointment with glass man Thursday. He checked out what is out there and said "no sweat, easy..". I will have an update late Thursday. We do have another idea or two that we have to run by him before the ball starts rolling.
Tubing on the way and will be added to every Zap order, along with a mouthpiece and short stem, once the new heatport with custom washers starts production, early next week
Yippee, more toys! :D

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Emory

Just got mine over the weekend. All I can say is wow. I'll do a more thorough write up when I can function again ;)

Emory,

jasonjohnson

got mine a few days ago.

LOve it. GREAT customer service and quick response time.
Perfect color, no led, even a blue bug !

WHERE DO I GET THE 13.5 V charger ?

I've seen a 1amp and a 2 amp version....

ALSO the thing ALWAYS FEELS CLOGGED! I drilled a hole in the base of the vaportube, like a carb. But its too big of a hole. I kind of "half cover it" with my thumb to mix in a LITTLE bit of air while i'm hitting it.

WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS ???

I saw the tube one someone made (beer cozy pic)
seems functional but not very aesthetically pleasing.

I like the idea of hooking it up to a bong, but i wouldn't want the weight of the thing on the stem.

WHICH stems do the vapor tubes fit in ?
14mm? is that glass on glass ?

DOes anyone have glass vapor tubes ?
or are they all plastic like mine ?

Do you leave the vapor tube in while you use teh MZ to light it like a lighter ?
DO you keep the vapor tube and the MZ as one UNIT you put up to the bong ?

Thnaks for the help.

jason

jasonjohnson,

jasonjohnson

WHere is the air that runs over the weed supposed to come from ?

Does it travel through the 6 holes in the top, through the heating element, and then out the main heating element ?

I feel like there isn't enough airflow and i don't know how to fix it .

THe carb tube is ok.
But that's just cold air after the vapings done...

HOW can i get more HOT AIR to go through the system faster ?

It always feels extremely clogged; How do i Unclog this thing ?

jasonjohnson,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Jason, I think what you are experiencing is a problem with loading the stem. If you compact the herb too much, the air flow is restricted and you feel like it's clogged. Try packing your stem with less and making it a looser pack. That should help the air flow. I find warming the stem tip in the Zap for a sec before loading helps the herb stay in the tube while packing. Then I draw through the stem to sort of "seat" the herb. That way I can also tell if the draw is going to be okay. The air goes into the Zap through the six holes in the top because of the suction you create by drawing on the stem. You keep the stem in the Zap while drawing. Then, you can either leave it in until your next hit, or take it out until you are ready.

Rick supplies the 13.5. It's $10 with the order, $15 separately. I've found it helps make the hits heavier. Some like it, some don't. You don't keep it on the Zap all the time; keep it on the 12 v when not in use or unplugged.

I can't speak to hooking it up to a bong because I haven't done this (yet). There are plenty of people here who have, however, and I'm sure one will chime in.

Rick is looking into getting glass tubes for the Zap. Right now, the only one making tubes is Clear Dome and he does this for the PD exclusively. Rick is also looking into tubing that is supposed to make the hits draw easier and thicker.

So, my only advice really is to keep practicing with your stem pack. I still have times that I pack too much in at a time and feel like my eyes are bugging out trying to draw. Especially when I top off the tip with kief. But, somehow I manage. Where there's a will, there's a way! :D

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
These log type vapes are cool in many ways. One is that you learn patience. You have to or you will not get it. You also learn the fact of life about if something is not working with your input, change your input. If you continue to do the same thing, nothing will change.
Part of your problem jason, is our lousy instructions. We have been making them for so long with lots of friends of friends using them that we take the learning curve for granted and do not try to make our instructions better. That is a part of me I do not like but also do not change(so far).
Mom is right, lighten up on the stem tip pack. The word is EASY. These type vapes have a restricted pull to insure the air through the stem tip contents stays hot enough to vape the contents. A proper stem tip pack WILL restrict the airflow. How much depends on how tight you pack and how fine you grind. Also if the material is not super dry, that will slow down the pull. The biggest point I would like to make to you is EASY. When the pull is restricted, SLOW your pull. Do NOT try to get more flow by sucking harder as that will just not work. A couple choo- choo puffs in the beginning, then long and slow and easy pulls. I would cover up the hole you drilled in the stem til you get the flow down. It is like riding a bicycle or driving a stick shift as it takes some practice to get the flow right. I almost gave up on my Eterra 10 years ago, then hit it again with a fresh start and everything changed. Then the game was refining the process as we could always get it to make vapor but very small changes would even make it better.
Also remember these are not like combustion is/was in that you will never get a non-restricted easy pull like a joint or pipe, etc.
I would also check my grind. We like real dry and maybe course ground pepper consistency. If you get the grind too fine, it will not pull right as the air cannot get through the load. The air has to go through the load, not around it.
Keep trying and keep us informed of your progress. We know it functions fine as we pull vapor from every unit before it leaves Zapville.
My apologies to you and others for our not so thorough instructions.

Rick,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Another thing about this vape is your hitting technique - I learned early on that if I packed a stem 'too tight' the best way to hit it is similar to how you would when you light a cigar. You take a couple of small puffs with your mouth (as opposed to your lungs/diaphram) this fills your MOUTH with vapor that you can then inhale. Do this until your lungs are full and *PRESTO* Ive found that I can get much greater suction on the tube when using this method (if its a tough draw)

Yes, and packing the stems a wee bit looser helps too. You will learn some cool tricks with this vape once you get it. :)
Good luck!

AGBeer,

jasonjohnson

I haven't gotten a good hit from this thing yet. NOT even once.

My chest hurts from sucking so hard...
and the sinuses in my face feel strained...
No hits.

Warmed up for days now. AROMazap. 12 volt.

:(

jasonjohnson,

lwien

jasonjohnson said:

No hits.

That's the problem. You are sucking too hard. This is NOT a bong.

Dry your bud. Grind to a fairly small grind. Put stem in MZ for about 10 seconds before hitting it, and then, take a VERY, VERY, VERY slow, but long draw.

btw, is your MZ warm to the touch?

lwien,

jasonjohnson

ALSo, the stems don't fit into the heat thing with ANY Resistance.

It's like throwing a hotdog down a hallway....

I thought this might be like a ONE HANDED operation, but it's far from it.
YOU have to hold it in one hand, and TILT and SPIN the VAPOR TUBE AT AN ANGLE to make contact with the METAL.

IF i use one hand to move the AROMAZAP from one side of the table to the other, the tube will fall out. This doesn't seem right. It shouldn't jiggle or fall out.

In addition to the tubes jiggling around and falling out (from not fitting properly)
They DON"T go deep enought imo.

------------------------------------__._____
__._____
------------------------------------
The heat exchanger only reaches here^
But the weed you put in is here ^

IF the thing is working by transfering heat from the heat exchanger to the vapor tube by conduction, then i think it IS IMPORTANT to have a GOOD METAL ON METAL CONTACT.

IS everyone else's like this ??
or is it mine in particular ??

I am considering replacing the charger to be hotter, adn i consider replacing the stems with ones that work better. But even then, that doesn't guarantee i'll ever get a good dense hit.

jasonjohnson,

jasonjohnson

lwien said:
jasonjohnson said:

No hits.

That's the problem. You are sucking too hard. This is NOT a bong.

Dry your bud. Grind to a fairly small grind. Put stem in MZ for about 10 seconds before hitting it, and then, take a VERY, VERY, VERY slow, but long draw.

btw, is your MZ warm to the touch?
Its hot to the touch.
I've tried drawing slowly too...

I cannot get this thing to produce dense, visible vapor clouds...
JUST barely visible clouds. with a lot of effort. NO airflow. IT feels like something is very wrong. I get better hits of the LAUNCH BOX !!!! even the iolite LOL !!!

jasonjohnson,

lwien

Dense, visable vapor clouds is not what these types of vapes are about. If that is what you are looking for, a VripTech type vape or a whip type vape is what you should be using. The MZ/AZ is all about efficiency and if it provided dense, thick vapor clouds, it wouldn't be as efficient.

So the question is, do you want efficiency, or do you want dense, thick vapor clouds? The closest that you are going to get in trying to get both is to hit your MZ/AZ through a bong. You will cash the bowl quicker, but this method does provide a bigger hit.

Sounds to me like you should have done a bit more research before purchasing and it just goes to further prove that there is no one best vape for everyone.

It also sounds to me like you purchased a Prius because you wanted a car that would give you good gas milage but you are now pissed off that it won't go 0-60 in 3 seconds flat.

lwien,

jasonjohnson

I would try that, but even then....

i think the airflow it too restricted.

I can't get air through the heat exchanger any faster with a bong, can I ?

jasonjohnson,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:| Wow. I really don't think all the yelling is necessary.

However, I can understand your frustration. Perhaps you had a different idea of what the log type vapes are about. They are sort of a personal vape. Your stem holds enough for a couple of hits before you change it. Sometimes, depending on the herb or if you use kief, you get more out of a stem. This isn't the type of vape that will consistently give you huge, lung bursting hits (although I've certainly had a couple). It's like the difference between well whiskey and aged whiskey. One you slam down, the other you sip.

I don't know how you are loading your stems; I find using the straw method tends to "clog" the stem more than loosely packing with my finger, or poking the stem down gently into some herb in my grinder. I dry hit it once before putting it in the Zap to check the draw and seat the herb.

As far as the fit of the stem, it shouldn't be really tight. You don't want there to be resistance. Yes, the metal heats the metal of the tip, but the herb is warmed more by the air you suck through it. If you hold the Zap like a pop can, with your pointer finger sort of bracing the stem, you can use it one handed with no problem. The only time the stem flies out is if you don't have your finger bracing it. Then it can stick to your lip and come out, which is a bummer. You don't really need to be doing all that spinning and tilting. And as lwein posted, slow and steady.

Give it a chance. Then, if it isn't the vape for you, at least you gave it a shot. I'm sure you will have no problem selling it. There's a thread here on the forum for just that purpose. There are all kinds of vapes out there that suit all kinds of needs. I have three now, all for different purposes. But I didn't buy any of them before I researched them at great length. An informed consumer is a happy consumer. So make sure you read up on several different kinds and ask lots of questions. Good luck. :)

momofthegoons,

jasonjohnson

lwien said:
Dense, visable vapor clouds is not what these types of vapes are about. If that is what you are looking for, a VripTech type vape or a whip type vape is what you should be using. The MZ/AZ is all about efficiency and if it provided dense, thick vapor clouds, it wouldn't be as efficient.

So the question is, do you want efficiency, or do you want dense, thick vapor clouds? The closest that you are going to get in trying to get both is to hit your MZ/AZ through a bong. You will cash the bowl quicker, but this method does provide a bigger hit.

Sounds to me like you should have done a bit more research before purchasing and it just goes to further prove that there is no one best vape for everyone.

It also sounds to me like you purchased a Prius because you wanted a car that would give you good gas milage but you are now pissed off that it won't go 0-60 in 3 seconds flat.
You're completely wrong. i researched this.
I ordered a PD like 4 months ago, got frustrated with the wait, and decided to get this instead.

I didn't think i would get BONG hits from this thing, and i never said it was a bong.
But i DID THINK that
i could get visible vapor clouds from this product.
vapor clouds that i could at least feel with my lungs and see with my eyes.

And so far i can't :(

jasonjohnson,

collegerower

jasonjohnson said:
You're wrong. i researched this.
I didn't think i would get BONG hits from this thing, and i never said it was a bong.
But i DID THINK that
i could get dense vapor clouds from this product.

But you see that you are complaining that because you cant get what you want, there must be something wrong with the vape. You shouldn't just attack the product. Rick tests every vape before it goes out to make sure it can produce vapor.

When I first received my zap a few months ago I had the same problem. The first time I tried I failed. Sure I felt the affects, but it wasn't satisfying. It takes some time and practice. I would say by the 3rd time with it, I was able to get some humble vapor clouds that I was proud of. It is something that you need to work with, rather than against.

Also there is no satisfaction guarantee. The vape does what it does, and if you dont like it, tough titties.

collegerower,

jasonjohnson

collegerower said:
jasonjohnson said:
You're wrong. i researched this.
But i DID THINK that
i could get dense vapor clouds from this product.

But you see that you are complaining that because you cant get what you want, there must be something wrong with the vape. You shouldn't just attack the product. Rick tests every vape before it goes out to make sure it can produce vapor.

When I first received my zap a few months ago I had the same problem. The first time I tried I failed. Sure I felt the affects, but it wasn't satisfying. It takes some time and practice. I would say by the 3rd time with it, I was able to get some humble vapor clouds that I was proud of. It is something that you need to work with, rather than against.

Also there is no satisfaction guarantee. The vape does what it does, and if you dont like it, tough titties.
"If you don't like it, tough titties ?"
You aren't the manufacturer, and
I didn't ask for satisfaction guarantee or my money back you jackass.

modnote: Please review our Be Nice rules.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm just expressing my disappointment with my experiences with the product (so far)
nothing wrong with that. Many others have had similar experiences.

You SUM IT UP WELL: "Sure I felt the affects, but it wasn't satisfying. "

I am encouraged that you and others have had similar, disappointing experiences.
But you have gotten better at using it
and the product has warmed up over months.
Those two things contributed to a better experience than your initial one,
And now you are happier with the product than you were before.

That is encouraging.

jasonjohnson,
Top Bottom