Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

mnmlh

I also agree that there should be little, if any wait time between hits. How cold is this garage anyways?

mnmlh,

mflores213

mnmlh said:
I also agree that there should be little, if any wait time between hits. How cold is this garage anyways?
Garage hits 45 some nights. Specially when its breezy/windy outside. The garage isn't turned into a bedroom or anything so there is no insulation all walls are bare and there is plenty of places for cold air to come in. There are vents low to the floor where the Dryer exhaust that lets huge amount of coldness in.

I use a heater but don't really do much since the heat can't be contained in the garage.

** and yes I figured there are 3 stems why not pack em all. So thats when i notice the vapor diff. I should be more chill about it and take my time between bowls

DONT GET ME WRONG im LOVIN my ZAP-o :D

mflores213,

mnmlh

That's awfully cold, and at that temp I can't imagine your zap being unaffected.

mnmlh,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i agree with mnmlh, at those temps your going to see performance issues.
The temp in your garage is going to work its best to rob your zap of heat.

what I do to avoid heat loss is take the strechy part of a tube sock and put it on the MZ. You want to keep it on the top half and pull up enough sock so you can kinda pinch it closed over the top of the MZ. Just closed enough to create a little air pocket that can breathe. Don't let the sock get down into the metal area.
This will help you keep some heat as it sits in the cold. I notice putting it just in a koozie still allows cold air access to the heat exchange. Have something pulled up and slightly closing of the top keeps a little pocket of warm air over the heat exchange when it is sitting in a cold room.
The fact that it is a sock allows air to move about, however I notice doing this keeps it nice and toasty.
When ready to use just slide the sock down the MZ exposing the heat exchange.
when I am using in a really cold environment I wont slide the sock down. Then I just open the sock insert the stem, so the sock will actually cover a portion of the stem as well.

That 13.5 might do you some good. Also, you might find, as the weather improves, using the 13.5 may become too harsh.

DevoTheStrange,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
brohan said:
hey quick question. is it odd that when I shake my MZ i hear the wires kinda hitting eacho other on the inside? also, can someone redirect me to the screen replacement page?

<3
Just fyi, I don't think the Zap was designed as a maraca... ;)

MoeOnTheMoon,

reece

I saw a couple of things in the PD thread I have to comment on. I am not posting there because it seems my posts are frequently misunderstood and I am a bit tired of having to prove I am not up to shenanigans.

Aero, you can most certainly get your abv dark brown with the 12v adapter. You only recently received yours. The temperature kicks up a notch after a while.

Lwien, I got the idea to use a koozie from the PD tips and tricks thread. Guess the fins aren't doing their job. But more likely, some people prefer the hotter temperature vapor. Also, some are new to vaporizing and the higher temps are closer to the smoke they are used to. One person is using his in a cold garage.

I'm sure you are well aware of PD owners using can koozies to kick up the temperature . It was disingenuous to imply the Zap isn't doing its job because some want a higher temperature. If we follow your logic, the PD isn't doing its job either. Once again, if someone else did exactly what you did, but directed at the PD, you would be one of the first to call foul. Please stop the nonsense.

reece,
mnmlh said:
Howie Feltersnatch said:
Here is the new ZapWrap just taking it easy with a tasty imitation orange-flavored beverage, waiting for Myrtle to come home.
Is that a Photoshop? It looks like there are some companies out there like cafepress that offer custom koozies with no minimum order. Just upload your design: http://www.embroideryplusdesigns.co...onalized-Koozie-fdsh-Can-Holders--dsh-/Detail
Paint Shop Pro actually;)
Wishful thinking. Looking forward to the mailman's visit sometime next week I guess.

I used to sell imprinted promotional items like that. Cheap and easy really.

Howie Feltersnatch,

aero18

vaporist
reece said:
Aero, you can most certainly get your abv dark brown with the 12v adapter. You only recently received yours. The temperature kicks up a notch after a while.
That's good to know reece, thanks. I do want to point out, however, that I live on a university's campus and so the electricity isn't as consistent as some may find in homes. Even with the 13.5 volt adapter, the MZ is a little too cool for my liking during certain times of the day.

Because of this, it is hard to get the herbs browned. The 13.5v adapter is more consistent in drawing the needed power than the 12v adapter during those hours of the day where the electrical outlets are being heavily used.

aero18,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
reece said:
I saw a couple of things in the PD thread I have to comment on. I am not posting there because it seems my posts are frequently misunderstood and I am a bit tired of having to prove I am not up to shenanigans.

Lwien, I got the idea to use a koozie from the PD tips and tricks thread. Guess the fins aren't doing their job. But more likely, some people prefer the hotter temperature vapor. Also, some are new to vaporizing and the higher temps are closer to the smoke they are used to. One person is using his in a cold garage.

I'm sure you are well aware of PD owners using can koozies to kick up the temperature . It was disingenuous to imply the Zap isn't doing its job because some want a higher temperature. If we follow your logic, the PD isn't doing its job either. Once again, if someone else did exactly what you did, but directed at the PD, you would be one of the first to call foul. Please stop the nonsense.
actually I only use a Koozie/Sock if I am going to be using my vape in temps below 65 degrees. if the ambient temp is higher than that I see no need for the koozie. For me my use of the koozie it is like putting on a jacket to go outside. Not to make it run warmer, but maintain its operating temp in an environment that would make the operating temp drop, doesnt matter if it is a MZ or a PD, cold ambient temps are not friendly.
I've messed around with higher voltage and using the koozie at room temp, too hot for my tastes.

DevoTheStrange,

reece

aero18 said:
reece said:
That's good to know reece, thanks. I do want to point out, however, that I live on a university's campus and so the electricity isn't as consistent as some may find in homes. Even with the 13.5 volt adapter, the MZ is a little too cool for my liking during certain times of the day.

Because of this, it is hard to get the herbs browned. The 13.5v adapter is more consistent in drawing the needed power than the 12v adapter during those hours of the day where the electrical outlets are being heavily used.
Sorry, I wasn't aware of your extenuating circumstances. Everyone who wishes to kick up the temperature has their reasons. None are because the vaporizer isn't doing what it is supposed to.

reece,

Ash

vaporist
It was mentioned briefly, but I think it bears repeating in a tempature discussion, that these vapes do run warmer after a break-in period. I've had my PD for about two months and it is definitely running warmer now than when I got it (kept on 24 hrs). It has gotten a lot darker too.

What do folks think is the break-in time for the zap and how does the myrtlewood change with age?

Ash,

reece

DevoTheStrange said:
actually I only use a Koozie/Sock if I am going to be using my vape in temps below 65 degrees. if the ambient temp is higher than that I see no need for the koozie. For me my use of the koozie it is like putting on a jacket to go outside. Not to make it run warmer, but maintain its operating temp in an environment that would make the operating temp drop, doesnt matter if it is a MZ or a PD, cold ambient temps are not friendly.
I've messed around with higher voltage and using the koozie at room temp, too hot for my tastes.
Yep, too hot for me also. Other than cold ambient temperatures, I also use a koozie when I want more of a stoney feeling.

reece,

lwien

Ash said:
It was mentioned briefly, but I think it bears repeating in a tempature discussion, that these vapes do run warmer after a break-in period. I've had my PD for about two months and it is definitely running warmer now than when I got it (kept on 24 hrs). It has gotten a lot darker too.

What do folks think is the break-in time for the zap and how does the myrtlewood change with age?
Maybe that's why mine runs so warm. I've kept them on 24/7 for about a year now.

lwien,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Ash said:

I got mine on Christmas and it was very good at first, but now it's perfect!
So that's one month.
I can't imagine it getting any better than this...
and yes, the wood has gotten darker as well. At first it seemed almost too light, but now it's substantially darker. She's both beautiful and practical! What more can you ask for in a ... vape?!

I think it is very nice to have a vaporizer that gets better with a little age! It's antithetical to this digital "instant" world!

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
lwien said:
Ash said:

Maybe that's why mine runs so warm. I've kept them on 24/7 for about a year now.
lwien, do you have a myrtlezap?
If so, why is it not in your sig? Just curious. I thought you didn't have one.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Rick

Zapman
Hey out there. Missed an FC day or two here. The last two days have been crazy with lots of things going on here in Zapville. A construction project finished in a big hurry to beat the winter weather soon to return. A bit of family drama and Myrtles in progress every day. I did promise some that we would ship "early to mid week" and we missed that, mainly because I also got FAPed by my satellite internet provider yesterday and could not ship orders I had ready to go. Downloaded too big a file at the wrong time of the day. What a drag as we were slower than dial up for a day. Web pages would not even open at all. I have learned that lesson. So there will be some Zaps out today and some more out tomorrow which will make for a Monday/Tuesday arrival rather than the expected late this week arrival. My apologies for that. I have been cutting my promised expected ship dates a bit too close to the wire with everything else happening around here so will try to be more realistic in the future.
Thanks for all your patience.
And now Zaplady will begin starting lots and lots of vege seeds for the farm. Where did the winter go???

Zaps are a bit hotter with age, like a good pepper.....or a woman?

Rick,

VaporHand

Rick said:
Hey out there. Missed an FC day or two here. The last two days have been crazy with lots of things going on here in Zapville. A construction project finished in a big hurry to beat the winter weather soon to return. A bit of family drama and Myrtles in progress every day. I did promise some that we would ship "early to mid week" and we missed that, mainly because I also got FAPed by my satellite internet provider yesterday and could not ship orders I had ready to go. Downloaded too big a file at the wrong time of the day. What a drag as we were slower than dial up for a day. Web pages would not even open at all. I have learned that lesson. So there will be some Zaps out today and some more out tomorrow which will make for a Monday/Tuesday arrival rather than the expected late this week arrival. My apologies for that. I have been cutting my promised expected ship dates a bit too close to the wire with everything else happening around here so will try to be more realistic in the future.
Thanks for all your patience.
And now Zaplady will begin starting lots and lots of vege seeds for the farm. Where did the winter go???

Zaps are a bit hotter with age, like a good pepper.....or a woman?
Sounds good Rick- thanks a lot. Take your time and don't forget to de-stress as much as possible! hahaha Really looking forward to my very own Myrtle. Everybody's on this thread looks great!

VaporHand,
Top Bottom