Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

vap999

Rick said:
Zaps are a bit hotter with age, like a good pepper.....or a woman?
What actually causes the Zap (and perhaps also the PD) to get hotter with time? Is the resistance of the heating element somehow changed, the power supply drifting upward in voltage, wood drying out and insulating better, or what?

vap999,

lwien

vap999 said:
Rick said:
Zaps are a bit hotter with age, like a good pepper.....or a woman?
What actually causes the Zap (and perhaps also the PD) to get hotter with time? Is the resistance of the heating element somehow changed, the power supply drifting upward in voltage, wood drying out and insulating better, or what?
I'd guess it's the oxidation of the wood.

lwien,

Rick

Zapman
HiPS is also FBTR. We do FBTR all the time. Kinda fun and mui importante for a happy life.

The gradual slight increase in heat over time has nothing to do with any change in the heater in Zaps. It's all about the wood baby. The wood gets better as a heater housing. I think it is a very thorough drying process from the inside out.

Rick,
Rick said:
HiPS is also FBTR. We do FBTR all the time. Kinda fun and mui importante for a happy life.

The gradual slight increase in heat over time has nothing to do with any change in the heater in Zaps. It's all about the wood baby. The wood gets better as a heater housing. I think it is a very thorough drying process from the inside out.
OK, I'll bite. FBTR?
All I can come up with is: Fits Between The Recliners.

On another note, Hi Rick - any shipping updates?
I guess you don't email out confirmations?

Howie Feltersnatch,

Rick

Zapman
The two that asked above are in the batch going out today. A bit late but should be there Monday/Tuesday. I am always surprised at how many Saturday shipments arrive on Monday. Some real beauties too. Thanks for your patience with us.

OK, no need to keep up the drama. Flying Below The Radar. Maybe it should be FBtR?

Rick,
Rick said:
OK, no need to keep up the drama. Flying Below The Radar. Maybe it should be FBtR?
Of course it is. (*facepalm)
Kinda like my definition too - cause that is probably where it will spend most TV-watching hours!

Rick, I have a question about the actual wood. Is that "myrtle" as in "crape myrtle?"
Only myrtle I know.

Weirdest thing just happened. The Steely Dan song "Josie" just jumped into my mind with the name "Myrtle" instead of Josie. Hilarious.

When Myrtle comes home
So good
She's the pride of the neighborhood
She's got no flame
The live wire
She vapes like a Roman
With her eyes on fire

Howie Feltersnatch,

lwien

Rick said:
So Rick, is it possible that with this continuing drying process that happens on a unit, be it the Zap or any similar vape that is on 24/7, that the unit could eventually run too warm?

lwien,

mnmlh

Just got the 13.5v from Rick, and it's great! Hits a little hotter than the koozie, I think. Just what I was looking for. I also got a shorty stem for the EHLE and a section of stem stock for the connector/adapter. I will take pics once I get that part all set up.

Rick - is the danger of leaving the 13.5 plugged in with regards to the wood or the internal components being damaged? I unplug mine at night, but generally leave it on for 12-18 hours at a time. It does seem to smell a bit like wood when using the koozie (or sock, as I've been doing for the last few days on and off) and the 13.5v seems to do it too. Kind of like the way a sauna smells.

mnmlh,

Rick

Zapman
mnmlh
My concern is the wood running hotter than it would at 12 volts. I have no evidence to support my concern. The internal parts will be fine.
As for on/off similar to a grow, I don't know for sure but we keep ours on all the time and think it is the best way to "run" them. Think about being that piece of wood for a minute or two. What would you like? If I was a Myrtle, I wood want to be always ready for my Master to use me at his/her whim. goodgod!
Oh, yes, maybe about a foot would be cool, to answer your Email. Thank you
lwien
I suppose anything is possible but we have never heard of a Myrtle running too warm but they have only been out there a couple years. We have had a few real old softwood Zaps run too hot. But softwood is in a different class than hardwood as far as handling the heat of a vape like ours.

Rick,

aero18

vaporist
I was trying to figure out a way to use my EHLE's bowl instead of just jamming the MZ stem into the downstem of the bong. The reason for this was because of the fact that pulling out a short stem from the downstem is hard. It is very hot and can get momentarily stuck in the downstem, sometimes bringing the entire downstem with it when I try to pull the short vapor stem from the downstem.

I found a perfect solution. Some of you guys were talking about using those whip tubes, and so I looked at my Launch Box's whip tube and decided to try it out. It fits PERFECTLY inside of the EHLE bowl and the MZ vapor stem!

Now I can finally take off the bowl with no worries about the downstem. Cool.

I won't be able to try it out for another week and a half because of midterms, but hell, the 3 week t-break will be nice. :ko:

aero18,

lwien

aero18 said:
I was trying to figure out a way to use my EHLE's bowl instead of just jamming the MZ stem into the downstem of the bong. The reason for this was because of the fact that pulling out a short stem from the downstem is hard. It is very hot and can get momentarily stuck in the downstem, sometimes bringing the entire downstem with it when I try to pull the short vapor stem from the downstem.

I found a perfect solution. Some of you guys were talking about using those whip tubes, and so I looked at my Launch Box's whip tube and decided to try it out. It fits PERFECTLY inside of the EHLE bowl and the MZ vapor stem!

I won't be able to try it out for another week and a half because of midterms, but hell, the 3 week t-break will be nice. :ko:
Did Mo put up a pic of this exact same thing? I thought he did. Don't remember where though.

I've been using the regular stems directly in my HVY Mini-Beaker's downstem and it's working great.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
lwien said:
aero18 said:

Did Mo put up a pic of this exact same thing? I thought he did. Don't remember where though.

I've been using the regular stems directly in my HVY Mini-Beaker's downstem and it's working great.
I think he bought larger ones that do not fit into the bowl or the inside of the vapor stem. His went over the vapor stem and I think he had to either buy a GONG adapter for it or he put the whip through the downstem.

aero18,

aero18

vaporist
lwien said:
It was post #1092, this thread that I was thinking about.
Oh I see. Well, using the elbow thing is unnecessary. The LB whip fits very well inside the vapor tube itself. Also, it fits perfectly inside of the EHLE's bowl since the bowl has a large hole.

aero18,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
aero18 said:
lwien said:
Oh I see. Well, using the elbow thing is unnecessary. The LB whip fits very well inside the vapor tube itself. Also, it fits perfectly inside of the EHLE's bowl since the bowl has a large hole.
Aero, it appears to vary.
The stems attached to my Launch Box whip do not fit into any of my MZ stems. That's why I used the elbow piece - because the tapered end of it would fit in the stem, whereas my other - four - LB stems do not fit into my MZ stems. That's why I recommended the tapered end of the LB elbow/bulb stem.

MoeOnTheMoon,

aero18

vaporist
MoeOnTheMoon said:
aero18 said:
lwien said:
Aero, it appears to vary.
The stems attached to my Launch Box whip do not fit into any of my MZ stems. That's why I used the elbow piece - because the tapered end of it would fit in the stem, whereas my other - four - LB stems do not fit into my MZ stems. That's why I recommended the tapered end of the LB elbow/bulb stem.
No, no, I didn't use the plastic stems! I used the whip itself!

aero18,

karazi

aero18 said:
I'm curious how your method looks. It would be nice to vapo-bong without the gong adapter. Could you possibly take a pic? Thx a lot.

karazi,

aero18

vaporist
karazi said:
aero18 said:
I'm curious how your method looks. It would be nice to vapo-bong without the gong adapter. Could you possibly take a pic? Thx a lot.
Sure. You can't quite see how nice the seal is for the whip tube, but it looks as if the whip and the bowl were made for each other. It is a perfect seal.
photoon20100131at1253.jpg

photoon20100131at12542.jpg

photoon20100131at12562.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality. They were taken off of the camera on my laptop.

aero18,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
aero18 said:
NICE! You finally found that whip very useful huh? Im so excited to hit your MZ now that the setup has been perfected.

HighSti,
Top Bottom