Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

reece

Hey Howie, do you hang out at Red's Tube Bar? You wouldn't happen to know Clint Torres and Connie Lingus?

reece,

VaporHand

Just ordered my Myrtlezap! :D So excited- I also ordered a Launchbox for when i'm screwin around in the mountains :brow: I think those two are going to look so awesome together.

Hey- how do you guys get the cool little myrtlezap picture under your name?

VaporHand,

VaporHand

awesome man- thanks a lot for the quick reply! I'd ask for any tips for when my new MZ comes- but I've read through this whole thread, so I feel pretty prepared.
Even so-
Any tips for a noob? :lol:

VaporHand,

mnmlh

Makes sure your herb is ground pretty finely. If you have a grinder, turn it upside down and grind away. If not, I'd recommend using some scissors to trim straight off the bud in fine layers. Getting a smaller grind than what my grinder produces when upright was the biggest thing for me. All the other tips and tricks became much less relevant (for me, 'cause I was doing it wrong.) Dry herbs work better to a point. If it's really old and dry, the hits will be a little intense and give you a massive rush - once again, my experience. Your mileage may vary.

mnmlh,

mnmlh

No prob VaporHand.
---
I'm not sure if I posted it in this thread, but I've been planning to build a box to hold all this new stuff that goes along with my budding enthusiasm for vaping. Prior to this, there was usually just a pipe or bong laying around with a jar of herb. Now, there are grinders, stems, a pollen press, an abv bag, a jar for the pressed keif, tubing, etc.

So, to begin with, I ordered a box on the net, due to there being nothing locally that fit the bill, and prior to it getting here, I mocked up a good solution for everything based on the supplied measurements given for the box. Here is the initial rendering:
20100115032712_30m59s.jpg

Then, once it got here, I went to Lowes and got some 1/8" thick poplar for hobby type stuff that is probably used more commonly for making shims. Now, this is my first time with a little wood craft project like this, and with the help of a ruler, some wood glue, a hack saw, sandpaper and a square for cutting, I was able to produce the design, (much to my surprise really) but with a few minor changes. I reinforced all the joints with wood glue at the seams and this sucker is sturdy! The glue application looks a little sloppy but here is the final result:
box.jpg

box3.jpg

I wanted there to be a few things that were designed specifically for the MZ stems, and beside having one section that is the perfect length for throwing a bunch of stems in there, I needed something to hold the stem while I am in the process of a session (if doing the direct draw, no tubing way of enjoying the MZ.) So, I made a slot that has a raised piece of wood down in it to keep the stem fairly upright while it's nesting. I wanted it to hang off the edge and not into the box, so that I could collect all the crap that tends to fall out when not setting it down carefully. Seems to work perfectly since the box will always be to my side.

box2.jpg

Overall, my small desk will be much less cluttered now and the whole setup, along with the EHLE case I posted earlier, can be transported easily at a moments notice into storage, or from room to room. I have three areas that I hang out and vape in, so I am happy now.

Total cost at headshop or gift store for carved box that is too shallow to put any jars or grinders in and has no compartments: $35+

Total cost for my project (not including wood glue and tools): $15 :)

It only took me like 2 and a half hours to do the whole thing too.

mnmlh,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Nice job on box there Mnm!!

See there's another reason I like vaping.... Rather than smoker's couch-lock I'm much more likely to be doing a project or something creative... Gotta love that clear head high!!

Lo,

mnmlh

lo said:
Nice job on box there Mnm!!

See there's another reason I like vaping.... Rather than smoker's couch-lock I'm much more likely to be doing a project or something creative... Gotta love that clear head high!!
No shit! I'm unleashed from that crap now and can do all the things I want to, and still get what I need medication-wise. If my enthusiasm with these little projects seems over the top, it's just because I'm so damn pleased with the switch, and I like giving back to the community. Also, I have over 1000 posts on just about every site I frequent, and have been doing this internet forum thing for over ten years. Enjoying this one quite a bit. You guys are great!

mnmlh,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Howard:
Welcome to the world of the MZ! Yes, the LB and the MZ are a GREAT team! In fact I will say that is really ALL one needs, though it's always tempting to try another... ;) The main tips to using the MZ are (imho):
1) take the flower out at least awhile before you vape unless you want a lighter vapor;
2) experiment on your own with various styles of stem-packing. Rick, the Creator (apologies to religious fanatics!) says pack it fairly tight so it's like sucking through a straw of a thick milkshake (I'm paraphrasing), others say pack a little looser, and others say use dry herb, others say use fresh herb, etc. It seems to really vary depending on what you find works for you, your quality of herb, how fine you grind, etc.

As to grinding, I have a titanium space case and yet I am finding that I get a much finer "grind" with sharp scissors. So if I'm in a hurry I'll grind but if I have time I'll use scissors. With condense, sticky bud, the scissors seem to work much better for me.

mnmlh:
Your organization surpasses mine by a long shot and I do like to keep things organized. Here's my box. The Altoids and baby food jars make great containers. I buy everything in grams so those are tiny gram size medicine bottles from the dispensaries. I always ask for extra bottles but I still need several more empties for when someone gives me something or I buy from a dispensary that gives plastic bags instead of med bottles. The baby food jars make great cheap air-tight bottles and can probably hold a 1/4z, not sure.

Got my MZ stems, my vape-pen liquid meds and dropper, my MZ tamper, a paper clip, a safety pin, hemp wick for my VG, LB stems and brush, and so on. I actually have even more stuff in a big "cookie" jar but this is my daily current-use box.
mmjcigarboxvga.jpg

mmjcigarbox2vga.jpg

MoeOnTheMoon,

mnmlh

That box is awesome! "The Early Years" haha. For me, I don't want to have a box without dividers, because I will just stack stuff in the box and, in my clumsiness, something will fly out with whatever I meant to actually retrieve. This also helps glass pieces from banging into each other.

As a side note (and proof of my coordination skills), my MZ took a 3 ft. fall onto a concrete floor today. Luckily there is no dent and it's working fine. Whew! And no little doggies got a MZ on the noggin' - but close!

mnmlh,

mflores213

Hey peeps My zap! came in today and i was wondering if i have to let it cool down before i put that rub/finish on it?

and like others im still trying to perfect the technique but i have no doubts ill be completely pleased by the time my zap gets broken into.

???

mflores213,

aero18

vaporist
mflores213 said:
Hey peeps My zap! came in today and i was wondering if i have to let it cool down before i put that rub/finish on it?

and like others im still trying to perfect the technique but i have no doubts ill be completely pleased by the time my zap gets broken into.

???
Rub the polish on it while it is warm. The warmer, the more absorbant the wood is I've found. I usually put the polish on before I go to bed and let it soak up while the device is plugged in. In the morning I buffer out the excess.

Worked well so far. :D

aero18,

mflores213

hey aero18!

Seen you on Grasscity i go by elmstreet213 there tho.

I will try your method. Being cautious as I am I waited for the device to cool down but will try on your method as well.

I take it we dont use the whole rubbing solution at once?

btw aero18 think i seen a post on GC about the parents trying vape?

mflores213,

mflores213

Hey so... yeah.

MZ is only good for a quick sesh. If you plan on smoking a lot you have to give the poor lil zap a breather in between for the temp to go back up... :(

Learned this by being overly excited and invited my friend and his wife to come try the zap! with me n the wifey

The first few rounds where good.... then we kept passing it around n after a while realized we werent getting anything... lol

but I did "buy" it so that me n the wife can enjoy not for sessions with friends... unless you sip on something in between to give zappy a break.

with that said... "Rick" my friend is planning on buying one he liked how "discreet" and "low key" it is which really is effin fantastic.

(haven't tried a cozzie yet tho)

mflores213,
reece said:
Hey Howie, do you hang out at Red's Tube Bar? You wouldn't happen to know Clint Torres and Connie Lingus?
Reece, No, but I think my old buddies Hugh Jarse and Phil Ashow go there.;)

mnmlh - nice box (he did NOT say that!)

Howie Feltersnatch,

aero18

vaporist
mflores213 said:
Hey so... yeah.

MZ is only good for a quick sesh. If you plan on smoking a lot you have to give the poor lil zap a breather in between for the temp to go back up... :(

Learned this by being overly excited and invited my friend and his wife to come try the zap! with me n the wifey

The first few rounds where good.... then we kept passing it around n after a while realized we werent getting anything... lol

but I did "buy" it so that me n the wife can enjoy not for sessions with friends... unless you sip on something in between to give zappy a break.

with that said... "Rick" my friend is planning on buying one he liked how "discreet" and "low key" it is which really is effin fantastic.

(haven't tried a cozzie yet tho)
That's why you should buy the 13.5 volt ac adapter! I bought* mine this week.

*In the process of paying for it...

aero18,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
VaporHand said:
Man- you guys got some awesome boxes!!!:o I've definitely got to look into that.
You can get awesome wooden cigar boxes, on ebay. Anywhere from $7-to way up there. But as I recall mine only cost around $12 or so... a couple years ago. It smelled like cigars at first, but after a week or so with some charcoal and some baking soda sitting in it to absorb the smell, it was good to go.

Anyone use the puffing technique? I've been puffing my Zap like a cigar to get it going good, then take a nice draw and I'm getting more vapor than I did the other way of just inhaling slowly. I puff a few times til I see vapor escaping my mouth, then a couple longer puffs, then a full inhale.

MoeOnTheMoon,

aero18

vaporist
I puff on mine like a cigar too. I just check for vapor in the stem though, not on the exhale. I'm not looking for a rather impressive cloud on the exhale. I'm more concerned about efficiency. ;)

Plus, by spreading out the draws I get to enjoy the herb more. I get to taste the herbs over a longer period of time.

A couple weeks back a friend of mine said that he couldn't understand why I care so much about the flavor and aroma of the herb. He just cared about the high.

That really separates the casual cannabis smoker/vapist from the connoisseur I suppose. Vaping probably has something to do with it too.

aero18,

mflores213

aero18 said:
That's why you should buy the 13.5 volt ac adapter! I bought* mine this week.

*In the process of paying for it...
Did you get it from Rick? or out at some shop?

Tried the puffing method also and seems to work way better than before actually coughed/choked for once. Also wrapped a long tube sock around the zap snug n tight that helps since my garage is hella freezing

mflores213,

aero18

vaporist
mflores213 said:
btw aero18 think i seen a post on GC about the parents trying vape?
I'm not sure whether I did post anything about that on GC, but I sure did on these boards. In the end it didn't work out, but I'm sure it will in the future.

They got cold feet I suppose. :lol:

They said that they would try it out if it becomes legalized. I think they will give it a go before that though. :cool:

mflores213 said:
I first tried looking around at some shops. None had a 13.5 volt charger so I ordered from Rick instead. I should note that the invoice that Rick sent me didn't work (with my credit card, debit card, and another friend's debit card), but Rick was nice enough to send the charger to me before I could fulfill my order (which we are still working on).

It's rare that you see people more interested in the well-being of their customers rather than earning a quick buck. I didn't want to let this go unknown. :)

aero18,

mnmlh

mflores213 said:

Tried the puffing method also and seems to work way better than before actually coughed/choked for once. Also wrapped a long tube sock around the zap snug n tight that helps since my garage is hella freezing
I think that ordering it from Rick is the easiest and best option for ensuring you get the results others have reported on. I ordered one a few days ago after trying to track something down here. There are some other online places you can get one from, but then again, these adapters all seem to vary.

It has been recommended on here many times to take a few little puffs like that to get the vapor flowing. Using the sock will probably be pretty beneficial in that environment. Sounds like you should try the 13.5, and maybe add a sock, or koozie on top of that for when more than two people are using it. Along those lines, it has been stated by Rick and others that this is not a "party vape" but if you are up for a little experimenting, I wonder how far you could get towards achieving that functionality? BTW - I've only coughed when the MZ was insulated in a koozie , and hoping that the 13.5 will get the same effects. It's a "good" cough. :)

edit: PS - were you in the cold garage when you had guests over?

mnmlh,
Top Bottom