Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
Good Lord, TheDude, TWICE!? And you tell us all!
You must be getting some decent vapor.
I have those things around everywhere and have not knocked one off anything yet. Plus I am old and getting eye/hand discoordinated(clumsy).
You are lucky it is still working in my book.
Vito, we've got some good 'mute pics..........somewhere. Give me some time, as always.

:lol:

I know, but I'm having to get used to a whole new thing now! The first one was all me as I got the cords tangled in the dark and pulled the wrong one and pulled the unit right off the table. The second one was my kids as they never look where they are going and got hooked onto the extension cord and pulled it off the shelf. That last one was a fairly significant drop, too. My fault, though, because I had the cord in an area I knew they would be. Time to set up something permanent.

Good news is that it still is cooking right along.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Jasper is in SL now Rick, and will get well wishes daily.
This is the memorial (2-3000 visitors a day from Real life come to see this!)
Snapshot_001-1.png

Touch the picture, a notecard pops up for you
Snapshot_002-1.png

This one says what you wrote, Rick-
Rick Harlow's Jasper
Also known as Jasmo
We also have the Papa, Glacier, a full blood Alaskan Malamute and Ruby who could dig through concrete til she wore her paws off and Misty, the Mama to them all. We have pics. They are gone to doggie heaven too.
You now know why our farm is called Howling Hills. They used to all howl in unison, me included.

Alright, I feel that I have used this vv ps sufficiently to provide a mini review.

First, it seems to be a pretty stout little unit as I, with some helps from my kids, have knocked it to the floor twice, the last one a good 3' fall, and it is still functioning normally. I have volt tested this thing several times now, and it is consistently running .5 volts higher than the digital readout (exact opposite of what Rick has found with the ones he has been testing, so YMMV). But every time, that's what I get, so I just add .5 volts to my digital readout for an accurate read.

I have not tested at various voltage yet to find my "sweet spot," but I can attest that it does make a difference. So far, I set my unit at 14 volts (14.5), and I notice denser hits, especially the first one, and more hits per stem. On average, I am getting 2-3 strong clouds, a couple weaker clouds, and then one or two whispy clouds per stem. Last night, using my bubbler, the first hit off each stem almost wrecked me. The cloud just kept going and going...I almost felt like I had Vito lungs.

Another thing I have noticed is that my abv is darker, a darker brown rather than the more blondish brown I was getting before, with the stock 12 volt transformer. The color is still very uniform, though. I have also found that my abv dislodges from the stem MUCH more smoothly. Whereas before I was having to blow fairly rigorously, I barely have to tap a spent stem for the abv to come out. If it requires more than that, a very light puff does it, and the screen is pristine rather than the formally spotted.

That's all for now. I will be looking for the "sweet spot" soon but wanted to report my initial reactions at least.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
For now, my sweet spot is 13.50. Perfect flavor, and max effects. This may vary some from unit to unit. But OMG what a difference a day makes. :o Everybody needs to have one of these. It's a must. :nod:

Quinlin

I got my new CRZ in the mail and have had it plugged in for 40 minutes getting ready to take my first vape hit. I'm so excited I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning! Should I let it warm up for a longer period of time the first time to allow any residues to burn off?

The order to mailing time period was amazing. I placed the order, received the email saying the order was being processed and next I knew I got the email saying it was being shipped... all within 3 days (2 of them being weekend days). Great job, Rick! I got the vv power supply so I'll give you guys an update after I use it for a little awhile.
My Maple zap is ready to go. I can hear it calling me. :love: I just wanted to post a big Thank you to Rick for making such a beautiful piece of functional art and having such an efficient ordering/delivery process. Time to get seriously vaped. Be well guys.

Quinlin

UNBELIVEABLE. My first ever vape hit and I will never combust again. With the ability to variate my highs or find that sweet spot in a healthier manner. Isn't that the next step?

My sweet spot, btw,...13.43. :chill:

Mod note: posts merged. Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
UNBELIVEABLE. My first ever vape hit and I will never combust again. With the ability to variate my highs or find that sweet spot in a healthier manner. Isn't that the next step?
Indeed it is. ;) So glad to hear your experience was so good.

Isn't the taste amazing? Wait till you've only had vapor for a week or two. If you combust, you'll wonder how you ever liked something that tasted so nasty. :lol:

Quinlin

This FC forum is a family, isn't it? Family meaning "what you're looking for right now... in your journey" ... not in the "idealized" sense of family. Anyways...

My friend turned me onto vaping, and I have never looked back. I cannot imagine why anyone would want to smoke when they can vape. It's an absolute no-brainer to me. It's cleaner, healthier, more pleasant, and the high is better. Although, as I have recently, when you travel, the arsenal is a hell of a lot bigger. lol I now have four vapes, certain ones for different situations and uses, and I'm always on the hunt for more (as the wallet allows).

You started with an excellent one with the zap.

Rick

Zapman
Quinlin, that Maple CRZ you have is very special in that it was from one chunk of Maple, or, to put another way, we only got one Zap from that piece of wood. This forum is family and each thread has a 'main' family. Tribes and sub tribes. The mods do need to spank a little over a double post(they want you to edit your original if no posts follow), especially here in Zapville as we stay on course most of the time with no mod notes. Thanks for picking the CRZ. You will be happy, especially with the VV.
The VV is getting a good reception as I figured it would. Are you all finding the top end is self limiting? No need to turn it up "all the way"? Just be sure to keep out of kids reach!

I am turning the CRZs with just a little more meat these days. It started with a refurbished Blue Pine then the rest just seemed to follow suit. A bit more wood(more diameter) will help make them funner to hold while still being plenty warm for hand/muscle therapy. I got carried away making them real small, now time for some balance. We are talking 1/8" to 1/4" more diameter with the center still right at two inches. Height is between 4 and 4 1/4".

Little late on new CRZs but they WILL be up in about 3 hours. I have a couple more to do, then shoot/edit/publish, etc. Nice little batch. Bubblers will be back in stock by Friday.

has anyone else had a vv ps to drop in volts on the lcd screen while having your zap plugged in... ie I plug in my zap crank it up to 14.2 and as I sit there the voltage drops slowly til it is down to around 5 volts but if I unplug the zap it jumps back up to 14.2... anyone else experienced this, I.didn't order the ps from Rick but it looks like the same unit.... could just be a faulty unit but I wanted to see if I could maybe get some input before I blame the unit....

PanicFreak,
Reactions: Vitolo

Rick

Zapman
Panic, sorry to hear that but very happy it did not come from us. We do run them for a decent period to insure they hold the voltage before shipping. So far I have found 2 out of the first batch of 25 that did exactly what you describe. That seems to be the SOP of a bad unit and they do it fairly quickly. The good ones stay right on.
I'll contact the boss at the Tattoo supply where we get ours to give him a heads up on what we are finding. I'm sure they will stand behind them. I also want to say the two direct from China models do not cut the mustard. They are all from China but if a US company sells them here, they should be more reliable.

Edit: Just made a call. Bubblers back in stock.
Edit2: Camera malfunction. Lost every shot I took today. I'll try again in the morning.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Panic, mine drops....But very little. Though I've only had it 2 days,,I've noticed it drops from 13.50ish to 13.43 by the end of the day. It's probably where it finally stabilizes? You probably have a bad unit. What a bitch. :|

Panic, mine drops....But very little. Though I've only had it 2 days,,I've noticed it drops from 13.50ish to 13.43 by the end of the day. It's probably where it finally stabilizes? You probably have a bad unit. What a bitch. :|

:lol: its all good, at first I was a little annoyed but I gotta hold of my zap this evening and it eased the pain some.. no doubt, I will make it through this horrible situation unharmed...got another on the way and the old defective one was resolved this evening also, I should send it off next week and also be up and running with a good unit next week...till then I will just have to go regulated :(

PanicFreak,
Reactions: Vitolo

HerbieVonVapster

Hello all,
Just got my VV ps yesterday..I bought the abysmal special that included the VV ps and one of the beta cement Rockzaps.

Anyways I bought this unit cause was for a good cause, plus I had some stems left over from a older zap that died (makes a great bubbler holder now).

Being a medical user I sometimes felt the logs just where not hot enough for when I needed the most relief so yet another reason to try out the VV ps.

I already own 2 zaps a crz and a not sure what other one is think maybe a one of a kind zap was a replacement unit has the crz innners but no ceramic shell...anyways lets just say I do have some experience using a zap.

First off set it at 14.20 and applied some zapolish and took a good look at unit and wire. Couple of small suggestion here Rick.

First mine didn't come with instructions and having never used unit like this I somehow missed the little rod that has to go into unit for it to work was stuck in bottom of box was only after rechecking box did I find it. No biggie just was a few mins of confusion.

Second was the wire I really like the heavy duty wire used but found it does add a little strain on the connection. I pulled the wire out already, again no biggie since easy fix since I had small screwdriver but could been frustrating had I not had one. Maybe including one might not be a bad thought . Also was thinking what would really add a really nice finish look would be to add a braided wire cover over the white wire. It would hide the writing and really spruce the look up :) Thinking of ordering some for mine any ideal of wire diameter used ?

Ok on to unit after allowing to warm up, and over the course of last night I had a bit of time to test it out.

Got to say I am impressed with the difference of pain relief I suffer from neuropathy along other health issue and last night was able to break thru the pain enough due to the higher temperature to enjoy life a bit fuller. Living with chronic pain that really means a lot. So a hearty thanks is in order for that, its one of the reason wanted unit and it is really helping.

I was also a little afraid that the taste would be lost be even at higher temperatures and enjoying really thicker clouds still was tasty and smooth thru the bubbler.

So thanks again Rick for making these unit available ...for someone in my boat there a true blessing.

Rick

Zapman
Herbie, thanks for all the comments on your Abysmal special order.
Our apologies for the lack of instructions with the VV. We just plain missed on that one as instructions included are automatic for the VV. I will Email a copy of them to you.
Our wire for the power plug is a little heavy for 18 gauge wire because of the white sheath around the wire. The printing on the outside is automatic on sheathed wire and we have no plans to cover it in any way. We may change wire type in the future but stay with 18 gauge.
I will also be more thorough in tightening the green/black plug connections. I do give them a good tug when finished. Maybe I need to tug harder.
We are glad it is working well for you. You also have a classic, one of about a dozen total made.
Jeppy and all, a drop from 13.50 to 13.43 over a long period is no big deal. The bad ones will consistently keep dropping til they reach 5 volts or so.

Rick,
Top Bottom