Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
RumbleShorts, Medical tests can be so stressful, but put your mind in your happy place, if you can, and just know that this is just a moment in time. It will be over today and then you can go about your day, doing the things you enjoy. I hope all is well with the outcome and am sending good vibes your way.

edit to add: ob's light suggestion is a real good one. Often I think my stem is cashed, but if blown into the correct light (indirect) I find I have several more hits left.

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

I know Rick, I love my Zap all the same :love: I guess it was just bad timing that ones with trippier grain patterns were posted right after!

Nycdeisel,

kewpcer

I gots me a bloody Zap in each hand right now! Toot Toot!

I've got to say this too...

The Zap may not be for you if you don't partake in premium herbs. The lower graded stuff just doesn't have the potency to perform well in logs or many other vapes in my experience. I can pull good vapor from some nice sacrament even if it's a bit on the moist side, but lower quality herbals just can't swing it. My iolite runs short on them too. Even the DBV runs out fast and gets whispy faster.

Such is the vapor.

kewpcer,

aero18

vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
I know Rick, I love my Zap all the same :love: I guess it was just bad timing that ones with trippier grain patterns were posted right after!

Yep, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm sure it will look better over time. I wasn't too fond of my first MZ, but after a couple of weeks I loved the subtle grain of the wood as the oils darkened it and gave it a golden-amber hue.

When I ordered the second time, Rick didn't have any fancy woods, and so I got another one that was so-so. But like fine wine, MZ's tend to get better with age. ;)

aero18,

Nycdeisel

I couldnt agree more. At the moment the change is more visible on my PD only because I have had it quite a bit longer. cant wait for my first cherry wood log!

Nycdeisel,

SirElton

kewpcer said:
I gots me a bloody Zap in each hand right now! Toot Toot!

I've got to say this too...

The Zap may not be for you if you don't partake in premium herbs. The lower graded stuff just doesn't have the potency to perform well in logs or many other vapes in my experience. I can pull good vapor from some nice sacrament even if it's a bit on the moist side, but lower quality herbals just can't swing it. My iolite runs short on them too. Even the DBV runs out fast and gets whispy faster.

Such is the vapor.

I'm intrigued to see how well the good herbs I recently got perform in Moaning Myrtle. I've been using pretty low grade stuff since I got her and they've done the job splendidly. Of course, having no frame of reference, I can't say how much better premium herbs perform by comparison, but its definitely a better experience than combustion though. :) Come Friday, I'll be able to see how high(er) grade herbs do.

SirElton,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
SirElton said:
I'm intrigued to see how well the good herbs I recently got perform in Moaning Myrtle.
SirElton that is a fantastic name for your Zap, wish I would have thought of it. I'm a big HP fan.

AgentofChaos,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I have to say that mids work okay in the Zap if that's all you are used to, although I found whip style vapes to work better for it. It's when you dip into better grade that you've got trouble. It's one of those, "once you've tried it you can't go back" deals. :lol:

Also, what has become almost a running joke between the Zapman and me is my desire to have the "prettiest" Zap in town. I've come to the conclusion that there is no such thing. Every time I see one that I think is the best yet, another comes down the pike. :lol: I've got my two originals that are beautiful because they have meaning to me. Sometimes, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

momofthegoons,

SirElton

AgentofChaos said:
SirElton said:
I'm intrigued to see how well the good herbs I recently got perform in Moaning Myrtle.
SirElton that is a fantastic name for your Zap, wish I would have thought of it. I'm a big HP fan.

Thanks, AgentofChaos. It was only fitting as I'm a big Harry fan, myself. I hope to expand upon the idea if Rick is kind enough to work with me, something he has proven time and again more than willing to do. It won't be for a long while yet though. Once the RockZaps are "officially" released and the craziness has settled down in Zapville, I'll bring it up again. Until then, I'll be making frequent trips to the first floor girls bathroom. ;)

SirElton,

turtles

Anyone else totally baffled by the discussions of what "grade" works best?
The terms lows/mids/top shelf are so arbitrary that it isn't possible to get a good idea of what people mean. Mids for me are top shelf for a lot of people given my access to mmj, as well as a million other variables...

Pictures would do a lot of good

turtles,

Rick

Zapman
I think we all should know, no pictures of anything illegal. At least that is my preference here.
Vaporizers are all legal and fine to show.
SirElton and all.
We will be open to suggestions for different 'lines' of Zaps once we blast off and get into orbit. That will be part of the fun. Thanks for considering that on your own.
Off the subject a bit, I heard a conversation on our local radio station(conservative) about fair activities. They discussed a MMJ presentation to be given at the county fair. Pro and con. They discussed how a MMJ bill made it to committee this year but not out of committee. (Idaho, almost 90% conservative GOP)
They also discussed the main point on the "no" side. This medicine HAS to be smoked. No medicine is smoked. Smoking anything is bad. Yes.
This was all as I was going to get another lesson to make the best log vaporizer in the world, somewhere in Idaho. Man, was my head spinning....................

Rick,

turtles

Admittedly I didn't take legality into account. Simply throwing around arbitrary words to imply quality was bothering me. It offers nothing but misleading information for people considering purchasing a unit.
That and confused the hell out of me at work :lol:

turtles,

the ob

all good in the hood.
turtles said:
Admittedly I didn't take legality into account. Simply throwing around arbitrary words to imply quality was bothering me. It offers nothing but misleading information for people considering purchasing a unit.

these are aromatherapy devices.

the ob,

SirElton

Rick, basically I think having different options on the LED would be a good idea, consumer-wise. I haven't the slightest clue if it is a viable option, but that would be a nice little extra. Yall offering an LED option was a big factor in my choosing of AromaZap over other log vapes. If you offered different colors, specifically yellow, red, and green, along with the blue, it'd be another big plus. Of course, this is just an idea I've had (and I'm sure I'm not the only one). We all await patiently for Rocky to come out swinging, then we can worry about other stuff. :)

SirElton,

kewpcer

turtles said:

I used "premium" deliberately to avoid using arbitrary slang. It is not confusing and definitely not misleading to say the quality of the material used affects the quality of the vapor produced... :rolleyes:

kewpcer,

guardian

its here its here!!! too bad i have to work in a few hours but hope to try it soon! initial impression upon unboxing now this is the exact thing i said when i got my first launchbox is "wow its small !" lol. but in this case just the heater looked tiny those must be some really high def pics you guys been posting, things i liked zap and glass stem came in bubble wrap, things i didnt like regular stems and transformer were just in the packing beans or whatever you call them. washed all stems with hot sink water no soap and dried with towel and qtip blew air through them to clear water from screens also washed my tooty tips which came nicely seperated in a baggie. the walnut is beautiful it matches the color and grain of my vaporstar previously owned which was black walnut as well. just plugged it in about 10 min ago uppon plugging in a searched with my finger around the port for some heat none to be found going to check in a few and see if its acually heating i know those power resistors are a bit slow at 5-7 watts, also a side note my 2 oz of wax came with the 1/2 oz sticker on it "weird" also did not recieve 1/2 oz sample "who cares i have a giant tin of the stuff !" oh yea and i did recieve my zap flower courtosy of zapladys word "thank you very much zaplady ! its awsome !" also came with the plain copper cup functional and nice as well. sorry for so many words but best review i can do for now for just unboxing about 20 min ago wow the mail got here fast i hopped up thinking i had to sign for it but she just left it at the door, some delivery conformation hehe as there were no cars in the yard at the moment. ok just walked out and checked it theres heat! -its aliive!!!! - -well it used to be , poor tree.- thanks rick i really hope you test drived it before it arrived as i want it to be the safest expiriance possible thanks so much for making this happen and also you beat the mails delivery time they told me thursday lmao but its here alright! edit: there is a bit of a strange smell coming from the heatport area still and a bit of condensate on the inside of the port above the screen that wasnt there before a slightlypurplish color, will let it run while im at work for 4 hours and wipe the inside port with a qtip and see if it comes off, i cant tell what the smell is could be the ceramic resistor the new metal or im not used to zap polish yet, will discern whether to try it out or not later but untill then nothing wrong with running it for a while ive seen no offgassing to speak of i.e. trail of smoke or vapor coming from port seems to be clean. anyone else expiriance a slight smell with new zap? peace

guardian,

kewpcer

Guardian if you have myrtle it will smell a bit of bay leaves. It diminished in a day or so on mine. Could you describe the smell? Natural or synthetic?

And I agree on the LEDs. It just makes a zap a zap. I would like to see a smaller diameter and dimmer diode though.

kewpcer,

Rick

Zapman
Another planning meeting yesterday that went very well. SS stem tips coming soon. Ceramic insulator material and design settled. More examples of neat turning ideas, like a small log, with bark at both ends and bored out for an insulated SSS heatport.
First batch of 20 'sealed at the bottom' heatports picked up and several installed in Zaps to go out today. That design change turned out very sweet as we now have a different assembly process related to the heater.
We can now install the heater as the very last step in assembly because the entire heater and wires install through one hole at the bottom rather than the traditional two holes that has been used forever by us and another popular log vape maker.
The new heater install means a couple things.
1) the heater is removable/replaceable if ever needed very quickly and easily with no heatport removal.
2) the wires now need insulation as they come through one hole. I followed Alan at TT and used glass tubular beads for the wire insulation in the vapor air chamber. We also use ZERO solder of any kind in the vapor air pathway/chamber. Only crimped copper tubing for connectors in the air chamber and glass beads for insulating the wires. At the point where the heater wires exit the wood in the lower chamber, we stuff a small ball of sterile cotton in the hole in the wood to totally seal the SS heatport vapor air chamber from the lower wood chamber. We do use lead free solder in the lower chamber and a 1/2" piece of shrink tubing to insulate one wire. I will show a pic later of closed bottom heatports for a better understanding of what I am trying to explain. Everything installs through one hole. The old design used two holes in the wood to insulate each heater wire as wood is also an electrical insulator. The heater had to be installed from the top BEFORE the heatport was installed.
I am expecting some real announcements shortly after Labor Day as the plans for change are moving along very nicely.
RumbleShorts is returning his Beta RockZap BTW. He tried everything and still not good results. We will put her on the table for a good exam and keep us posted on the diagnosis. And Rumble will be much happier soon.

Rick,
Rick is there any way those glass beads can hit of each other and chip. Then inhaled? I don't really care, the Top is still my favorite piece but I have always thought about that.

biojuggernaut,

Rick

Zapman
bio, I suppose anything is possible but with our addition of the cotton 'plug' in the wood, the heater is stabilized even more. It cannot move nor can the wires(and glass) in the heatport. We also only insulate one wire coming from the heatport. The second wire touches the inner SS core and the heatport screen(and always has) so insulating it does no good.
Besides, as with traditional install log vapes and charring, any particle of anything that may exist at the bottom of our heatport must first be sucked through the SS screen(no screen on some log vapes) and then it would hit the stem tip contents, not your body.
We have examined several glass insulated heaters(since they come out so easily) an everything is good so far.

Rick,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thx ob.. yep that's what was up. My plans all week were to wake and use my SSSZap to start the year off the AZ/AZSSS Med way.... but then Kushin'... my first Zap looked at me with those "eyes". I saw such affection and sincerity in them.
My 40 year old Myrtle SSS Zap will start its duties today. My family is one at a time hitting that special saturation point.. where they beam and shine.
Don't forget your ZaPolish, all.... Diligence!
Zap family... you are in trouble now. I have a camera (Sony H70) arriving today. I am going to learn to use it, and then....... :uhoh:

Vitolo,
Top Bottom