Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

kewpcer

I just pulled the trigger on an Intense Walnut Zap after chatting with Rick by email yesterday. I'm really hoping to get a nice marbled walnut piece :) And now the waiting begins!

kewpcer,

SlickSixx

Stout
I applaud those of you that have the patience to withstand longer delays in exchange for personalized wood patterns. I've only been waiting a little under a week for my mrytlezap to arrive but the sleepless nights and shakes are about to win out. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to fast in anticipation. Must pack MFLB.....no...must remain strong.....ugghh. :brow:

Marbled walnut does sound beautiful though.

SlickSixx,

Rick

Zapman
kewpcer
Thanks for the order. You will recall I did say I cannot guarantee specific grain patterns. We will try our best but no guarantees on that issue. You were good enough to belly up to the bar and order when I told you I cannot 'let you know' when something nice comes up and I appreciate that. Many people ask about 'notification when something special is available but we cannot do that on a regular basis. We do have a special person or two or three out there we ARE looking out for, wood-wise, but that has been going on forever and they have been around a long time.
We do our best to treat people fairly by getting their orders out within a week in the the order they ordered. I will also do my best to get some more of that marbled look walnut.
Held the new Tooty next to the last version(tubing size) yesterday. Very noticeable difference in size and weight.

As far as notifying us you are an FC member and/OR lurker for the free plug kit when ordering a Zap, there is a section in the Payal process when ordering called "notes to seller". This will appear right before the final click I believe. Or you can always just send us an Email.

Rick,

kewpcer

Rick said:
kewpcer
Thanks for the order. You will recall I did say I cannot guarantee specific grain patterns. We will try our best but no guarantees on that issue. You were good enough to belly up to the bar and order when I told you I cannot 'let you know' when something nice comes up and I appreciate that.

That's what hope's all about ;) You'd said you'd give it a try, and that's enough for me.

kewpcer,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
So Rick, on the Aromazap site "intense walnut" and "claro walnut" are both offered. Is there a difference or is your walnut just your walnut? Gonna order 1 as a wedding gift for some friends, what do you guys think, best wedding gift ever or what?

Albert Hofmann,

TerrorTurkey

Albert, i asked Rick the same question before i ordered.

"We have the walnut option for the Best deal going. It is all the same walnut. Claro walnut=intense walnut."

TerrorTurkey,

kewpcer

TerrorTurkey said:
Albert, i asked Rick the same question before i ordered.

"We have the walnut option for the Best deal going. It is all the same walnut. Claro walnut=intense walnut."

Same here.

Claro is the common name for a species of walnut tree. "Intense" is Rick's description of the look of the claro walnut material he has, and judging by the walnut zaps... (Walzaps? Clarozaps? w/e) that I've seen, he's hit it spot on.

kewpcer,

beach bum

kewpcer - Rick didn't guarantee any special unit when I placed my order. I just mentioned a preference in the comment section, and Zapman more or less took it from there. :) I ended up with a grain that just blows me away! Beautiful and functional!

beach bum,

Nycdeisel

Hey Rick, I just placed my order but there was no place for any comments, where can I email you?

edit: nevermind, used the email link on here, just sent you a message.

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
kewpcer, I had that conversation with Rick about a year ago. The spalting makes the wood unstable to turn and he wasn't too interested. Too much room for error. We ended up with walnut. I think it would really depend on the piece of wood. But we can always dream. :lol:

Welcome to the family NYC! Hope you will post a pic of your new Zap. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like it. Did you end up getting a Tooty?

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

Yes, yes, and yes! wait.... :lol:

Cant wait! love that the tooty can fit my PD as well. Im gonna be sharing my zap with a friend A lot of the time, but that wont stop me and walnut from spending some quality time together :p

Nycdeisel,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think one of the most contradictorily(sp) fucked up things that could happen to a Zap happened here recently.

A while back, I ended up acquiring a Zap from a fellow member here and it ultimately made its way to one of my good buddies (who of course LOVED it and finally kicked combustion)

Of course his other half didnt approve of it (once she Googled it and found its REAL purpose) but she let it slide nonetheless. Well, long story short, (too late) she is 8.99 months pregnant and ready to deliver any day now. With this comes her 'nesting' phase where she goes on a huge cleaning rampage and starts gathering stuff to donate to their local charity. (You can see where I am going with this correct?)

Yup, the Zap was one of those 'donations' along with the bookshelf of previously read books. Of course her response was 'Well, you never use it'. OF COURSE NOT IN FRONT OF YOU!!! (Yeah, he was less than pleased)

Heres the kicker - The charity of choice that is recieving this beautiful aromatherapy device. CHKD.

Id like to be a fly on the wall for that one. (And a strong enough fly to be able to get his darned unit back!)
FHL... Seriously... LOL

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh AG, this story is both sad and hysterically funny! Can you imagine them trying to figure out what this thing is? I think you need to go to their next rummage sale! :lol:

momofthegoons,

kewpcer

He's still sneaking around smoking pot, and she's throwing passive/aggressive parties.

I'm at 31 so far and I'm convinced all maturation of behavior stops at 16. Tops.

Now, I'm gonna watch Family Guy and get high :brow:

kewpcer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Fortunately for him, he is in good with a seasoned vaporist that can afford to help keep him on the path of non-combustion. I took my Lotus over to him this AM and he seems pleased with it.
Hopefully he wont lose this :ko:

I swear, this guy would lose his butthole if it wasnt on his backside. The good thing about the Zap is it was meant to not be moved.

AGBeer,

kewpcer

Launch Box time. I would say hide it in the bathroom, but hiding anything from a woman in her own bathroom is a fool's errand.

kewpcer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ironically my LB was the FIRST vape I sold to this cat. He managed to misplace the batteries/charger, and honestly I dont think the LB was quite his style. I know he loved his Zap and she got quite the earful after he found out she donated it.

AGBeer,

kewpcer

AGBeer said:
Ironically my LB was the FIRST vape I sold to this cat. He managed to misplace the batteries/charger, and honestly I dont think the LB was quite his style. I know he loved his Zap and she got quite the earful after he found out she donated it.

Yeah, as easy as the LB is when you're used to it... there's a ritual that goes along with it.

Side note... Rick said my Zap should be shipping this week! :D

kewpcer,

SmokingElectricity

i honestly think MZ has much less of a learning curb than the LB. only thing you have to perfect is your draw and packing techniques, which are really simple. if i'm gonna vape with one of my friends that is new to vaporizers. MZ is the first one i introduce to them. basically fool proof.

...but then i have the problem of my friends wanting to come over and use my vapes all the time :rolleyes: :D

SmokingElectricity,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
yeah, actually ease of use, especially for noobs, is something that doesn't come up too often about log vapes. But they are pretty hard to screw up, except as you say by overpacking.

I've definitely had the Buddha lit on fire enough times.

rabblerouser,
Top Bottom