Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

combusche

does anybody know how to clean the zap? i occasionally knock mine around a bit to shake out the abv dust, but i think it's extremely clogged with old abv dust deep down and i was wondering if it's possible to clean it out

combusche,

guardian

i believe a few quick blasts of air from an air compresser in the main heatport where the stem goes blows any smaller particles out the 6 larger outer air intakes i think its been covered way back in the thread lol :2c:

guardian,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh NYC, what a bummer. Have you used Zapolish or essential oil that might have gotten down into the heatport? I can't imagine the smell being that strong unless something got into the heat port inadvertently. If you are truly displeased, shoot Rick an email. I know he would want you to be happy.

combushe, I can't imagine it being clogged too much. I have used mine every day for over a year and don't feel it's clogged at all. That said, although I've never done it myself, I've heard of using compressed air to clean it. I would unplug it and let it cool down first though. That canned air can be real cold and you don't want to take the risk of cracking anything. And again, when in doubt, email Rick.

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

Nope. only put some Buzz Butter on the wood body, like I usually do with my PD and I have never had a problem with that.

maybe I will do that :peace:

Nycdeisel,

Rick

Zapman
The only smell coming from that piece of walnut is the smell of walnut wood when heat is applied. We apparently do not even notice the different wood smells at first because we do test them before they leave and found all A-OK.
Having said that Nyc, if you are unhappy with your Zap, let us know please. Your particular piece was picked because of the grain pattern AND it was the lowest density walnut of the units I turned in that batch meaning it would run on the warm side.
There is no smell from brass.
If you are turned off to your Zap, we will gladly refund your money.
Edit for:
Any order received through 4/20 has shipped as of today and should be there Monday. Shipping notices are sent. Orders after 4/20 will go out mid-next week.

Rick,

kewpcer

Yeah, mine smells like wood a bit. Smells nice to me, though. I can't really smell it when I hit it.

I expect that it's the moisture and oils cooking out of the wood as it breaks in.

Update for better picture. I figured out how to get the quilt figures in there this time. Rick is the sommelier of wood!

kewpcer,

SlickSixx

Stout
Great looking zap there Kewpcer. Yeah, mine also had a strong wood odor but after 48 hours of continuous cooking everything settled down. I'm actually sitting beside my warmed zap now and the only odor emanating is that of some killer Sour Kusch. Have i mentioned how much i love this thing....cause it do! :brow:

SlickSixx,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It really is a nice one. The grain really pops in this picture kewpcer.

Rick is the sommelier of wood!
:lol: Word!

I've also noticed a faint "warm wood" smell, but really like it. And there is a slight difference in smell depending on which Zap I use (myrtle or walnut) but nothing that I ever felt smelled offensive. I've been temped to get a cherry Zap for that same reason. Of course, I also love the smell of a lumber yard, especially by the saws. To each their own.

momofthegoons,
I wanna cherry zap too, I got the myrtle and walnut but I want the cherry to make the collection complete. I been holding off but I am getting one soon. My walnut zap does smell diff then my myrtle but neither one is a bad smell. I like em both, it did take a lil longer for my myrtle zap too burn in but it rips like a champ now. The walnut zap has been throwing thick clouds since day 1 though. Can't wait till I getta cherry to see how it hits.

PanicFreak,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I had a thought today about the smell. NYC, do you like the smell of lavender? When the Zaps are in the last stage of being built, a few coats of Zapolish are applied. There are two different scents; lavender and lemon. My son hated the smell of the lavender. Had almost a visceral reaction to it. Threw out his box and essential oil before I could speak up. His Zapolish, however, was lemon and not a problem.

So...maybe it's the lavender? :shrug:

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

It could possibly be that lavender smell, which I find annoying after a long while. but there is pretty much no Zapolish on the wood anymore. this smell is def coming from inside and Im going to send it back in hopes of this mystery being solved :ninja:

Nycdeisel,

Rick

Zapman
Yes, we told Nyc a few days ago to send her Zap back because she told us in an Email it has "a strong overpowering smell" coming from it. We do want to get to the bottom of this complaint as soon as we can. We are anxious to find out what is going on.
A few of you may be in for a surprise as some orders are shipping earlier than we had promised and should arrive Friday. We will send shipping notices out today.

Rick,

reece

FINALLY!

A friend down in Louisiana asked me about vaporizers the other day. I told him about FC and I told him about my Zap and why it is so perfect for me. Long story short, he is buying one today (or bought it yesterday evening). Rather than me trying to convince someone of the benefits of vapor, he came to the conclusion of needing to switch on his own. I guess he remembered the email I sent when I first got my Zap (including pictures and praises that made my friends wonder if I was alright), so he asked me for advice.

He, unlike me, has pot smoking visitors often so many will be trying his Zap. He may lead to a few more converts.

Like we say where I'm from, "YEAH YOU RIGHT!"

reece,

UncleJoseph

Hey Rick,

I have been operating my 'zap with no problems for a little over a year now, if memory serves correctly. However I've recently noticed a serious drop-off in heating ability; it seems in general cooler to the touch and also doesn't deliver more than a single voluminous hit of vapor before it seems to have no effect on the material in the stem. I've tried on different occasions to just soldier through and see if I can feel effects if not see any vapor exhaled, but i just don't get much out of it now. I'm on a replacement 12v that I picked up myself but it worked with incident for quite some time.

Is there something I can do to improve it, or would I be looking at needing a replacement? I know most people have their zaps work problem-free for years, just wondering what the cause might be. I keep it plugged in 24/7 and it pretty much stays in one place.

UncleJoseph,

kewpcer

I'm no expert, but 9 times in 10 that this issue comes up, it's the wall-adapter. The wires get weak where they join the plug that goes in the Zap and eventually can't carry the power to heat the Zap all the way up.

Rick sells a kit that replaces the plug with a more sturdy one.

kewpcer,

Rick

Zapman
Uncle
Sounds to me like you could be in the 'semi-plugged' category which can happen after time. Not sure how clean you keep your stem screens but unless cleaned often, they will slowly plug up and take Zapping into a "not so efficient" range. Our log vape also has a screen in the heatport to keep junk from falling down into the lower part of the heatport and that screen can get slightly plugged over time.
Start by blowing out the Zap with comressed air. The more PSI out the air squirter, the better. Do this OUTSIDE or in the garage, etc as lots of small particles can accumulate in the heatport area over time. Blow in and around the heatport, through the center hole and the 6 small holes. Now take a look at the screen in the heatport to see if it is plugged in any way. If it is, use a long pin or something similar to open all the screen 'pores' to original, then blow out again. Put a new screen in your stem. Try that and report back.
The transformer wire right next to the plug could also have an effect as it is a stranded wire and will break slowly. As the connecting strands break, the wire loses it's ability to carry the small amperage needed to properly heat the Zap. Thanks for that help kewpcer. Our plug kit, aka transformer repair kit, will fix that problem.

We call the center hot area the heatport and always have. It is the port where the heat is so we call it the heatport. I can understand others, not me of course, feeling good about calling the center hot area 'the female part' for one reason or another.
Edit for:
Saturday, 4/30. This is why I like to keep caught up.
Several orders received Tuesday the 26th are shipping today for an expected Monday arrival. That will even beat one week from order to delivery. Orders made on the 27th/28th should ship Monday or Tuesday for a mid-week arrival.

Rick,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
Yay! Just ordered!

I've tried a ton of crappy vaporizers over the past decade, but I still just wind up rolling joints. I tried a friend's aromazap a couple months ago and was blown away! Totally blown, as it happens.

Anyway, I'm quite excited! I'll post pics and everything; maybe even a video review. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to wait an entire week... Ack!

Orestes,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the Zapville family Orestes! I'm looking forward to seeing those pics. :brow:

reece, loved your story. So good that people are starting to switch. I've been pretty successful in converting my friends. It's the younger crowd I'm going after now. My son and his friends still predominantly combust (even though he's the one that turned me on to vaping). I'd love to see them make the switch over while still young. The benefits to their health would be awesome down the line if they could stop combusting.

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

Agreed, mom, Im probably younger then a lot of the heads on here, and I realize how much better it is to start early. kids and even young adults these days dont think that much down the line, they all want to 'live in the moment' but just as an excuse to do whatever the hell they want, dangerous or not, at least IMO.

I have introduced as many friends of mine as possible to vaporizing, not too many of them stick, but I know when they get older, they just may see the light ;)

Nycdeisel,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
I quit cigarettes a couple months ago too; Switched to e-cigs and haven't looked back.

Vapor is better suited to the 21st century

And I've been lurking here for like two years. May have to buy an MFLB as well; i'm on the fence.

Orestes,

Nycdeisel

mflb is also a great unit, best for portability really, its just so stealth. plus its pretty damn efficient(not as the PD/Zaps are, but still in the 'more efficient' league imo)

off topic; Orestes, how was your transition from log cigs to the ecigs?

Nycdeisel,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
I was a bit edgy for the first few days, but i stuck with it and haven't looked back.

I got started with an ego-t, which sucked, but I've tried a few mods and now i'm quite happy with my madvapes variable voltage box. $35, and it's just awesome. Excellent battery life, tiny-- What more could you want?

Variable voltage is a MUST! So are ultrasonic cleaners.

Orestes,

Tmart234

Alright. So in like February i decided to purchase a myrtlezap after doing my research. It was the best decision i ever made! Hands down!! I loved that thing. I have little money so i like conserving my weed as much as i can because i smoke around 4 times a day. But i somehow over the winter I fucked up my tonsils really bad when i got sick (according to my doctor). Now the vape makes my tonsils slightly irritated. I wanted to know 2 things. 1) is there a way to sell the zap online because its not a bong? and 2) what vape would be an ideal alternative if this one irritates my throat? (Please don't say PD lol)

Tmart234,

lwien

This post really belongs in the MyrtleZap thread, but anyways, before ditching the Zap, have you tried to hit it through a bong? It should raise the air to vapor ratio as well as cool it down a tad and should therefore make it less irritating on your tonsils.

lwien,
Top Bottom