Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I am starting to get a sad for my buddy who recently picked up a Zap from Rick.

At first, they were super excited but after a few days they started to grow a little concerned as they thought they might be doing something wrong. So, I went over and gave them some pointers and had none of the issues they spoke of.

I just spoke to them recently and now they seem to be of the impression that maybe the Zap isnt heating up adequately, or something is wrong. :(

I told them to contact you ASAP Rick and assured them that if there IS an issue, it wont be. :D

Honestly, Im really starting to wonder if the transition to vaping isnt proving to be more of a challenge than they had anticipated. They both still smoke ciggies, and honestly I dont think I have turned one one of my full time ciggy smoking buddies to vaping exclusively. (This too makes me sad) And this may very well be the case here. Hopefully its not... Otherwise I might have another Zap to add to the collection :p

AGBeer,

Nycdeisel

I feel your pain there, AGbeer! its tough trying to get friends to convert(especially if they also smoke the nasty tobaccy!)

damn that myrtle up ther looks really nice. I was thinking about a Walnut. whats looking better now Rick, the new shipment of Myrtle or the walnut you currently have? Im planning to use mine as a sidekick to my PD, with friends, and while traveling, I also want to get my hands on a glass tooty! Im getting a bit tired of the plastic stems!

Nycdeisel,

B.

War Criminal
interesting to see I'm not the only one...

it BLOWS MY MIND that my friends who are daily smokers and could easily afford to purchase a vape(or 3) choose to solely combust despite years of me singing the praises of vaping. I've turned a few, but have exposed MANY more that didn't switch(even a little bit). before i learned of vaping if someone had brought a zap to my house before i came across it here i woulda picked one up that day.

B.,

Nycdeisel

my best acheivements in that area was getting two of my friends(who dont know eachother) to purchase MFLBs of their own, but one lets his get nasty dirty and the other had hers confiscated. not a very good track record on my part.
I have had way more success in educating people online to buy vaporizers, but hey its the internet.

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Holy crap, I don't even know who to quote first! :lol: So I guess I'll start with NYCdeisel. I can vouch that walnut makes a real nice Zap. Mine was not as figured as the wood Rick has had lately, but hit like a champ. That is the one that I gave to a friend of mine in the hopes of turning her around with vaping. She was also combusting on occasion. She's still struggling with the Zap a bit when on her own; prefers a whip vape. To each their own. At least she's vaping now.

@Nebera - yes I do have a Tooty. I think I may be one of the lucky people (maybe the only one?) who has one of each of the versions of the Tooty as it progressed. I was one of Rick's beta testers and have purchased several as well. I don't know, did I miss any of the versions, Rick? Hmmmmmm....might be time for a Tooty family shot. :D

@VaporBoxed - What a beautiful Zap! It never ceases to amaze me how different they all can be. I don't recall seeing one with that vivid of stripes before. And that bocote tube contrasts really nicely.

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

thanks mom :p that was really nice of you to hand over such a sweet unit.

When I come into here and see all different pictures of different woods and grains it makes it really hard to decide! I agree that last Myrtle shot is really something special, again making it hard to choose a wood type. Im still thinking Walnut though, we shall see....

btw, Mom, do you know the order of all the tooties you have? you must have quite a few laying around!

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Let's see....we started with the PlaneJane. It was a glass tube that fit over the stock stem. From there, it moved to a colored Tootie that was close to twice as long as the current one. It had a rounded mouthpiece, like a marble. Then there were the colored Tooties with the flattened mouthpiece. Then the clear Tooties with the rounded stem insert end (w/carb). The last one would be the current clear model, with carb.

And that's just my Zapglass... :brow: I also have a couple of Cleardome's pieces. But that's for a different thread.

And just for the record, although I really like all my glass stems, my favorite is the current Tooty. It's sleek, the perfect length, and easy to clean. And, I like having a carb to clear my stem or get a little air during a hit rather than lifting the stem out.

momofthegoons,
I am very pleased with my zap. I accidently poked through the screen and lost that little circle ring that goes in there. Do you sell those? and how do you install them?

VaporBoxed,

Nycdeisel

thanks for describing your tooty evolution, Mom :cool: Im really interested in the CD glass, though. come over to the PD topic so we can talk about it :2c:
:peace:

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
VaporBoxed, Rick sells screen replacement kits on his site. The kit includes the tool you need. Here is a link:

http://www.aromazap.com/shop/accessories/screen-replacement-kit.html

NYC, not much really to tell about the CD glass. I have two of his stems. If you have questions, you can just pm me. ;) I do think you would love the new Tooty. For the price, you just can't beat it. It will be interesting to see if it goes through another transformation with this glass issue. If so, I'll have to pick up another to complete my "collection." :D

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

haha yea that did cross my mind, that there may be yet ANOTHER version of the glass tooty soon. it seems like its always changing. I wanted a CD piece but along with the shipping prices and the guilt of ever breaking a one of a kind piece like that, well, it might be too much for me :ko: but at least the tooty can also fit my ;pd;

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You know, the thing for me is that I like that Rick's stems are so streamlined. Not only do they hit well, it makes for an easy clean. CD's work is very nice. But for the price, you could get several of Rick's stems. And with my accessory addiction, it adds up. :lol: Next on my list of "must haves" is a small beaker of some sort. Nothing too frilly. I like to keep things on the down low.

momofthegoons,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Nice way to show that Zap love lifted. ;) Refresh me; that's one of the walnut Zaps, right? Very nice! How you liking that carb?

momofthegoons,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
momofthegoons said:
Nice way to show that Zap love lifted. ;) Refresh me; that's one of the walnut Zaps, right? Very nice! How you liking that carb?

ya its a walnut, i didn't realize until after i uploaded that the grain didnt really show so im going to take some pictures after i give it a nice polish to show it off better. its quite the beauty in person.

as far as the tooty goes, i like it much better then the regular stems because they cool the vapor more because they are longer. i liked the idea of the carb but to be honest i find the carb hole a bit too narrow, i find it hard to clear it well so i usually just pull the tooty out to clear anyways. thinking ill be ordering another without a carb. that way i don't have to keep my thumb over the hole since im just going to pull it out to clear.

gettin lifted,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Rick has said he prefers them without a carb. I've got some with and some without. I like them both, actually. I can understand not wanting to keep your thumb on there. To each their own. There is no best stem. :D

momofthegoons,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
momofthegoons said:
Rick has said he prefers them without a carb. I've got some with and some without. I like them both, actually. I can understand not wanting to keep your thumb on there. To each their own. There is no best stem. :D

do you find the carb on yours to be wide enough to clear the tooty well? mine leaves vapors behind and i dont want to waste it so i pull it out and inhale it in.

ill just have to pick up a non carbed version, no biggie, you live and learn.

gettin lifted,

Rick

Zapman
I do prefer the non carbed, mainly for the simplicity. No need to remember to put a finger or thumb here or there, especially when sucking up a new load in the tip. Just like a stock vapor stem except cooler, much better draw, smoother for sure..............and GLASS!
Speaking of, I had a nice chat with Tim The Glass God yesterday. It seems the quality control of tubing used for our Tooties is done on a batch basis. That means one batch will be the same but could be a few thousandths off the last batch, either internal or external dimensions. The tubing worked great until the manufacturer made the next batch which was slightly too tight for our insert to be properly installed. He has now ordered a different spec, even thicker glass I believe and it is due in by the weekend. We will be getting our first Tootys from that new glass early next week. A step up Tim says.
Tim has been very good to us. He has experienced the popularity of glass stems with vaporizers before we came along. They sure are durable little things. I have dropped mine more than once to the concrete floor and it is still going.
New Myrtlewood should be here early next week. Some burl with the little red dots I hear. Because of past experience, I will probably offer it as a stand alone Zap, meaning it will be a separate product, not a wood option offered.
More Zap orders out today for an expected Saturday arrival. You will be notified of tracking, etc later this afternoon.

Rick,

SlickSixx

Stout
Super stoked. Just ordered my myrtlezap last night after fumbling over hundreds of posts regarding home vaporizers. After hours upon hours of researching the many different options including the Budah, the silver surfer, the volcano, and many others I finally stumbled across the myrtlezap and was in instant awe. Long story short, last night after much deliberation I couldnt resist any longer so i grab my droid from the night stand and pull the trigger. I couldn't even wait for this morning to use a real computer. Sure i just dropped 100bucks on the MFLB two days ago but come on....look at this thing.

Im soo impatient, I can already taste the sweet vapor. Oh well, i guess its back to the launch box for the time being. Sure hope Rick doesnt suddenly decide to take off for a vacation or this crazy redneck Tennessean will be waiting at his doorstep ready to claim a zap. Just kidding Rick...I'm not a redneck and I only fly with my feet planted. :)

SlickSixx,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the forum SlickSixx. Rick lives in paradise, so he doesn't feel the need for vacations. Right Rick? :p IMO the wait will be worth it. And you wont have to wait long if Rick hold true to the norm.

I'm pretty stoked about this new wood. Hoping my new Zap might be in this batch. So I can understand your excitement. ;)

momofthegoons,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Rick Id be interested in seeing those new tooties, but Im more interested in that new Myrtle (Im a sucker for burl. :rolleyes: )

Mom, It was nice hearing the history of the tootie. :lol: I like mine, but I almost prefer Eds wooden stem sometimes, as it does not have the carb. Conversely, I like having the carb for time to time when my lungs aren't happy, as the carb helps the vape get into the lungs faster. My next tooty wont have a carb.

SlickSixx, Rick shouldnt keep you waiting too long, he seems very on top of his game.

Nebera,

SlickSixx

Stout
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I'm happy to see that Rick has a good turn around on orders as i wasn't blessed with a large amount of patience. :)

momofthegoons, Paradise would be a great place to live. I wonder if Rick knows of any nice lots for sell. :p

SlickSixx,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
i just emailed tim at glassgods. (rick's tooty blowers) hoping to find out if he does custom orders for tooties. i think it would be really nice to have a custom tooty for my zap. doesn't hurt to ask and it will be great if they accept.

will let you guys know if they accept and what i have in the works.

update on my zap: amazing vape and it is a great unit for any collection. thanks again rick.

gettin lifted,
Top Bottom