Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

reece

lwien said:
The only reason that I responded Reece is because there are others who come here looking for valid information and when I see something that has no validity whatsoever, I feel compelled to respond even though it may perpetuate this ongoing bullshit.
I understand completely. I almost responded a couple of times but successfully (this time) resisted. That isn't always the case, so I'm not trying to pretend to be above it all. "But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard..."

reece,

Rick

Zapman
The Aroma flower does act as a slight heatsink when inserted into the heat chamber. Glad somebody noticed. We never put the flower in units we use to vape as we have a flower or two going all the time in other units. For some reason there are plenty of them around to play with!

Getting the airflow and the stem tip pack right are the two essentials for good vapor production.

Madcap
It does seem your opinions on relative quality of units is a hot button issue with some. I am glad your OPINION is that the MZ is a good unit. I sure do see lots of praise for other devices on this forum. It also seems if others would allow, there would be no big deal to what you say. I do also know that if someone new searches this forum, on certain threads, they would never look at another unit because the praise is so glorious.

Rick,

lwien

Rick, please understand, my issue is NOT that anyone would praise the MZ. I concur, it is a great vape and I would never come down on anyone who praises your product. But what I will do is correct anyone who gives out false information and that is what I did a few posts ago.

lwien,

Rick

Zapman
Good for you Iwien. That is what it is all about. My only point was Madcaps quote was not what I would call "information". Any statement that starts..."I bet....." and ends with a smiley face is just another opinion in my book. Information is more fact related.

Your comment was more objective than Madcaps for sure. We welcome all comments here, whether they are subjective, objective, crazy, sarcastic, bullshit or whatever. The readers can figure it out.

Free speech is neat. I often read letters to the editor trying to convince us of whatever and it becomes very clear very soon that some of those letters will have the opposite effect than what was intended as the writer is so crazy. I love to read those when my opinion is the opposite of the letter writer. The writers are not just crazy but not very smart either as they do the opposite of what they intended.

I digress. That happens around here alot. Inbox always fuller tomorrow than today. Fun fun

And I was not making reference to anyone on this forum with my letter to the editor digression, just one of the things I love about free speech.

Rick,

reece

lwien said:
But what I will do is correct anyone who gives out false information and that is what I did a few posts ago.
It wasn't so much false as it is his opinion, which he is entitled to. Now I don't know if he owns or has used a PD, if not it is an uninformed opinion. And honestly, he should be able to say it (not a free speech thing, this has nothing to do with free speech) without some taking it as a personal attack. But, that train has -- well you know.

reece,

bluegrass58

Hey sam, that is a great video you have there. Our MZ's could be twin sisters, mine looks just like that one. Did I mention that I LOVE mine?

bluegrass58,

sam urai

Thanks for the kind words. Was the first vid I've posted online. My word selection and pronunciation were suspect. Little more pressure being in front of the camera then anticipated, but hopefully people enjoy seeing the mz in action.

sam urai,

DJDIZZY

The EHLE showed up!:D Works great with the MZ tubes! Getting really big hits using the EHLE and a can coozy!:o

EDIT: After further use, it's a good connection but not air tight.:( I am getting good hits but i bet they could even be bigger!

DJDIZZY,

sam urai

great news diZZY! post some pics or a video of it in action

the moon is out

EDIT: How do the stem connections to the ehle compare between mz and pd? Curious to hear your thoughts AB testing both units ie performance / temperature difference etc.

sam urai,

karazi

Hello again, I have inherited a sweet bubbler I once gifted, due to the party having a baby with my sister, and subsequently putting the habit on the backburner. This turn of events has allowed me to try my Aromazap (a barely used zap, gifted by me two years ago, that I just inherited as well - solution to my daily driver that's been puttering along) with the bubbler, and I am just confirming what Dizzy said, that there is suction, but not 100%. There are tiny gaps on either side, now I need to figure out how to combat them, to achieve a full seal for bubbler vaping goodness. Oh Please tokeguyvers out there, provide me with guidance. The hardware store didn't have any rubber washers, but maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough (or just vaped).

karazi,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
yeah ues a gromet or use a piece of silicone tubing that would seal better with the bowl.

You're talking about a bubbler with a normal bowl no slide or anything right?

Come ups on all the free shit though

bluntfaced,

karazi

I took matters into my own hands, went to the local hardware store, pet shop, and Ricky's NYC, couldn't find anything of use. Thankfully all stores were within 150 ft. of each other or it would've been a huge waste. Got Subway in the middle of all this, brought it home and looked for a rubberband. Found a thick one that came from stalks of broccoli held together by it, cut it, stretched it one and a half times around the top of the stem, let it hang 1/8" over to have some molding ability to the bowl, superglued a little patch on the end flap. Works great :)~. Helped relieve the pain from the dentist I went to before all this, had my first appointment to get a crown put in, fucking dull pain gone.

karazi,

dadesign

so after a long time out, I am back and I promise I will try hard to not stir the pot. in my defense I was under a bit of stress where I was. i have since moved from Ohio to sunny Florida and I am doing a good deal better. very very low stress. I do take things to personal at times.

anyhow, being back and having time to use the MZ very much in that time. using three different strains too through it, I have toi say while I get a good buzz. I am just not getting that very high feeling anymore(which seems to be when gettng new strains) i have tried to to do only one stem a day but it seems I have to do two to get where I want. many tiems I wonder if this is just not hot enough. i remember it would get really hot on the outside but not anymore. i have been thinking of using the can cozy trick to maybe get more out of it. also it seems I am not seeing the vapor anymore, when I did before when I hit it the first time on a new stem and then none after.

I am sure it is all technique too. I am just unsure.

two stems about 3/4 full is the norm. i still have yet to get a vaporgenie to use the ABV

I did intro my brother to it which he commented it was definatly a new way but he is an old smokers (when he did it) from the seventies but I think he still wants to rip a bong and I am starting to think along the same lines. he has the smoke feel mentality

so any advice on it. or is it just going to be what I can expect. it would seem it is constant . one stems gets a taste or light toasting. two stems gets me crispy and three gets me very burnt. there are times I get chocked too when I just keep sucking and hold it to long

i certainly love the MZ but maybe I should branch out to a Silver surfer to get a big rip

dadesign,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
dadesign...I'm going on using PD's for about a year now. I ALWAYS need two to three stems to get me there, and it is a result of the tolerance I have built up.

stickstones,

Rick

Zapman
Oh yes. It's the way our bodies (and minds?) work. A certain amount of x, y or z will make me happy today, tomorrow and maybe the next day but then just a bit more is better and on and on.

Couple of issues here. One is the quality of the product. If you do not directly control the supply, you do not know if it will be consistent. We found another source that was very good consistently. Then a bit of a dry spell and the new supply sucked. So many things affect the quality. Genes, how grown, when harvested, how it is dryed and stored. And then there is the nature of the stuff itself. It is a light duty item, not like all the other stuff out there we can get involved with. Even when one has what we could call "as good as it gets", it will take more tokes, pulls, etc to get the same effect after some time. Iit is just the way it is.
Also vapor(IMO) has limits on how far it will take you. That is why some will "go back" to smoke. Hell, maybe it is all the extra crud in smoke that just makes one THINK they(we) are getting more effect.
Bottom line is to settle down to a good comfort level and be happy with it. Don't keep looking for "a little more today". Be happy you are alive and have found something nice to help keep a smile in your being.

Pot is not a knock you down item. And it has so very many variations caused by so many different inputs. Maybe this belongs on another thread.

Rick,

dadesign

well tonight I happened upon a coffee grinder and I used it on some older stuff I have. put it in a stem and it only took half a stem to get me very crispy, so there is another factor in it fixed. i dont mind doing two since it still uses very little to get me there but a half of a stem (Shared the stem with Brother) is even better so maybe it was the grind I had too... but I am finding there are many many factors to it, as my brother said it has got so detailed since he did it

dadesign,

a bag of it

hey guys, I've been lurking on these forums for a while now and just decided to make an account tonight. I just ordered my myrtlezap this morning and can't wait to get it. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my SSV which i've had for almost a year now. Maybe I'll do a comparative review after I spend some time with the MZ.

a bag of it,

max

Out to lunch
If you'll check out the 1st part of the PD thread, you'll find it and the SSV discussed quite a bit. They complement each other very well in an apple and oranges way. The Zap hits very much the same as the PD, so a comparative review would be less useful than just your impressions on how you like to use the duo.

max,

rotax

Zaporist
Cleaning Stems

So, finally, after about 2? 3? months of usage, I got around to cleaning the 2 stems.
I had crap stickin' to the screens, and after further investigation, I saw some particle matter in the tube itself. Much like you see in a pipe.

What I found worked great for cleaning the inside of the tube was Q-tips.
I splashed some ISO alcy through the inside of the tube, and then used a q-tip and scrubbed it, worked great.

And to clean the screen, I just let the tip sit in the alcy for a bit.. a few hours.

Didn't know if this info had been mentioned or suggested, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

rotax,

Qbit

cannabanana
Hey Purple Days vapes are no longer going to be available outside North America - too much demand.

I understood that Aroma/Myrtlezaps weren't available outside that region (I couldn't work it out on the website though), so I'm wondering if this situation might change. I'm not thinking of my self, as I already have a PD, but I have many friends.

Qbit,

Rick

Zapman
Qbit
Yes, we sold outside the US several years ago. It got too big for people that did not want to go big. Also different countries have different postal systems and some suck. Then there is the Customs thing.
I do recall I had some 'favorite' countries though and OZ was one of them. Also NZ. We had many headaches with most of Europe and Canada.

I might consider some to OZ if there was any interest. You do know we are not the 'pure' vape of the two of us that are alike? Maybe there wont be any interest.

PD is not available special order anymore either I read on the PD thread.

Rotax
Thanks for the stem cleaning tips. We don't clean them often either. If you vape out all the goodies every fill-up, they stay pretty clean for a long time. Besides, we always seem to have extra new stems around for some reason.

Rick,

Qbit

cannabanana
Rick said:
Qbit
Yes, we sold outside the US several years ago. It got too big for people that did not want to go big. Also different countries have different postal systems and some suck. Then there is the Customs thing.
I do recall I had some 'favorite' countries though and OZ was one of them. Also NZ. We had many headaches with most of Europe and Canada.

I might consider some to OZ if there was any interest. You do know we are not the 'pure' vape of the two of us that are alike? Maybe there wont be any interest.

PD is not available special order anymore either I read on the PD thread.
I understand that it could be tricky delivering to some regions, and that it would be a lot of hassle trying to figure out how it goes for each one of them. But yeah things seem to run very smoothly between the US, Oz, and NZ.

I think it's very likely indeed that you would have interest. There's been a fair number of Aussies and Kiwis who have bought PD's, and there have been recent posts by some making enquiries abut the unit.

I'd say that a fair proportion of those who will now miss out on the PD would be happy go with your device. Not everyone is anal about the whole 'pure' thing - weed isn't officially medicalized here yet. Plenty of us have smoked out of brass pipes many a time (I know I have), and that's going to be far worse than your unit could possibly be. And I've seen no evidence that any of the lead in the brass could possibly take gaseous form at cannabinoid vaporization temperatres. But each person has to make that decision themselves.

So I'd be surprised if you didn't get any enquiries. This class of vapourizers clearly is gaining a lot of fans, and if we can't get a PD then ...

..."Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope." ;)

Qbit,

Rick

Zapman
Qbit
It does appear that a product similar to ours will no longer be available outside of North America. Time will tell as things do change fairly rapidly concerning some products.

If anyone from OZ or NZ is interested in MZ only, Email me. I also have a standing offer to turn non Americans on to how these things are made. Drilling wood, making all the parts, fabrication tricks etc. I really have been surprised for a long time that you guys keep relying on Americanos for this style vape. They are simple and relatively easy to make. You will need more than woodworking skills though.

Rick,
Top Bottom