Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Read my mind NoSmoke... I thought no special woods were available at this time. Is there a super secret list we need to be on for special woods??

Lo,

DJDIZZY

For any that are on the fence about ordering the MyrtleZap. I highly recommend it! I have been a long time bong smoker. I have only smoked once out of a box vape before getting this. This thing rocks my world. I was worried when a lot of people say its a different high. I like the high and understand now how some say it is a cleaner high, as when it wears off your not as tired, groggy as smoking. 75% of the time when I smoke, I smoke for the "couch lock" effect. This unit can lay me on my ass! 1 stem and I'm pretty blazed and 2.... WOW!

Again my thanks to Rick for this awesome work of functional art!

Dizzy

DJDIZZY,

Rick

Zapman
Am I blind? I saw no reference to a Walnut PD

DJDIZZY, Thank you.:)

R

OK, now I see his post has been edited.
I am curious though, I thought Tom had a different avatar? Something about dark fins or sharks?

Rick,

NoSmoke

What the H someone came in this thread and did some cleaning? Is it really that big of deal that someone mentions that they ordered their custom PD and how they ordered it? So confused and kind of annoyed but whatever it is what it is right.

NoSmoke,

Purple-Days

Rick and others,

The edits here are because the MZ thread is about the MZ, and the PD thread should be about the PD. Mixing the two at this point just seems to bring up issues. I think everybody would want a little peace around this forum. :2c:

ps. Rick I have traditionally used the Astro-Dog avatar, since day one. Just didn't want to look at it for a while, private reasons.

Purple-Days,

NoSmoke

Rick said:
Nosmoke
You may have a point there. I stopped making my own a few years back. And I know where it comes from needs improvement. I will ponder the timing of the two events..............
Awesome! :D I know how it is to live in the midwest (Minnesota) and sometimes what we see isn't the best. I would be very happy to see you get back on the vapor wagon! ;)

NoSmoke,

max

Out to lunch
NoSmoke said:
What the H someone came in this thread and did some cleaning? Is it really that big of deal that someone mentions that they ordered their custom PD and how they ordered it? So confused and kind of annoyed but whatever it is what it is right.
There's no rule against editing your own post. That's what the edit button is for. :cool:

max,

Rick

Zapman
My goodness Tom, so sorry a customer of BOTH our products mentioned yours on the MZ thread! Then it appears some of your folks amped it up a bit. Whatever, my sincere apologies for my happy customer saying he ordered one of yours too.

We will surely try very hard, especially from now on, to not mention the P word. That is fine with me. I kinda thought he was giving you a plug on this MZ thread which was fine with me but hey, we all make mistakes.

R
Thanks again DJDIZZY. We all will learn from our mistakes. Or is that should learn??hmmmmm???

Rick,

Purple-Days

Rick :rolleyes:

I was trying to cool things a bit but you seem to want to continue. You gonna keep taking pokes?
See above. ^^^

Can't you just let go? Do you want it to continue or are you like Madcap/Deadsign? Is it not in your nature? You have posted so many times already about letting things go. The here and now. Take your own advice to others.

Let this forum become a peaceful place like it was. :2c:

NoSmoke, VVV , someone was just banned. Controversy between the two camps can continue or stop right here. There is no need to mention custom PDs in a MZ thread when there is tension.

Purple-Days,

NoSmoke

The only info that was deleted was info regarding where and how to get a custom, and the custom he ordered. How would that information create tension between owners of different vapes. Its just blows my mind how a post regarding a custom PD can be brought to this :/ super lame...

NoSmoke,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
Let this forum become a peaceful place like it was. :2c:
Or create a forum called "Vapor Wars" with a sub caption that reads, "Everything in here is total bullshit and is meant for entertainment purposes only", and then, only open it up to banned members. Banned members cannot post anywhere else except there. And then, once a month, open it up for the general public to view, kinda like a sideshow. Members in good standing cannot post in that thread during those times or any other time. They are only there as spectators. Kinda like going to the zoo, the WWE and the UFC all at the same time. Could be kinda fun, no? ;)

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. Ya gotta let Henny in there every once in awhile just for kicks. He'll kinda keep things movin'. Kinda like a fluffer. :lol:

lwien,

DJDIZZY

Just brought the MZ to see Inglorious Bastards and like others I also got incredible hits using the car adapter. I am really digging this thing. Reading up on the tips thread I got some of that medical grade tubing to attach to the stems. Its only adds about 2" but allows me to take deeper/longer hits without the heat. My first night with the MZ I almost burned my lips I was drawing so hard.

DJDIZZY,

reece

lwien said:
See where I'm coming from with this?
I hear you lwien. It is completely understandable where you are coming from. I just think you're painting with too broad of a brush and holding people to an impossibly high standard that every manufacturer that doesn't use their product lacks credibility and has no faith in their product. Like I said, red flags would be going off (mixed metaphor?) if Rick produced one vaporizer but used another (excluding vapes for different circumstances). Does a wheelchair manufacturer not believe in his product if he doesn't use wheelchairs? I am the cook in the family. I am also a very picky eater. I often cook food that I do not eat. In fact, and I know this is blasphemous, I don't even taste those foods while cooking. They love it and believe me, they tell me when they don't (usually I mess up something on food I do eat:D) Many products are available because someone recognized a need for them, not necessarily their need for the product.

So, I don't think you're in left field for this, however, raising two kids by yourself means you can't be sane. Bill Cosby said, "children are brain damaged and it's the parents' job to fix them." I believe this, but some of the crazy has to cross over. Not that I'm crazy, tick...tick, or anything. But I digress.

reece,

Prankster

A thought about Dry vs Not

Rick said:
Dry vs not, Reese. We do like dry. I think extra pulls from not dry are water vapor. I would think they have to be.
Aren't these experiments neat? Not very scientific but useful in my book.
R
As with other herbs the essential oils present in cannabis are wholly dependent on the overall moisture content of the material. Water at the molecular level acts as a barrier keeping the essentials in a more viable state. this is why "Casing" and "Curing" are commonly employed process's in the refining of herbs and tobaccos.

What this means is it is advantageous to take a couple extra draws and use well chopped normally cured not overly dried materials.

Also to note the water vapor will burn off before the essentials so the first draw may make the better "cloud" but the second will likely be more potent.

About fanboiism. Being a satisfied customer is a wonderful thing. But I see way more cases of "Others" getting involved in this whole AZ-PD thing then the only two guys to whom it should be an issue. Both Tom and Rick do not seem effected at all by any kind of rivalry why do other people feel like they should get involved in what amounts to nothing.

For the record I didn't start vaping for health reasons. If it is healthier then thats great but I wanted something smoother on my throat then combustion. Unfortunately its still pretty harsh for me but i find that it is quite economical and convenient my wife who is a non smoker is pleased to not having me stink up the house so I will continue to use it. Everyone has their own reasons and ideas and its not up to anyone else to question their actions even in the pursuit of knowledge.

Prankster,

max

Out to lunch
Prankster said:
About fanboiism. Being a satisfied customer is a wonderful thing. But I see way more cases of "Others" getting involved in this whole AZ-PD thing then the only two guys to whom it should be an issue. Both Tom and Rick do not seem effected at all by any kind of rivalry why do other people feel like they should get involved in what amounts to nothing.
We prefer not to see the term 'fanboy' used here at all. And even stating your opinion on the issue-that it shouldn't be raised-only serves to keep it in play. We have a unique situation here on this forum, with vape manufacturers allowed to post (and even dealers to some degree). It provides benefits to both members and vape makers, but there are also obviously drawbacks. There will always be differences of opinion on a forum, and sometimes you have to take the bad to get the good.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Rick...I hope you do ponder the timing. I would be very interested in your findings. I never thought about which way to consume different grades of bud based on the high produced...cool concept. I will try it out with my regs I still have.

Side note...my brother moved into town and he doesn't have a vape. So a couple of times I have been at his house and hit his pipe with him. I then brought one of my old pipes that is better than his and we hit it on occassion as well. I had forgotten what a smoke stone felt like, and it is definitely different! Last night I combusted at home by myself because I wanted to feel it quicker and I wanted to zone out and sleep sooner. When I vape I actually wake up instead of crash. I'm pretty sure now that I will be using both methods depending on what I want (although I'm sure I will vape more because I love the sativa-ish high and hate the coughing the next day from the smoke).

stickstones,

NoSmoke

Yeah I tend to dabble in the smoke zone quite often! Nothing like a tasty joint every once in awhile... but for the main part my headies stay in the vape!

NoSmoke,

Rick

Zapman
Good point Slickstones. In fact, the different effect from vaping, that being a cleaner high, more body effect, more suitable for the "public presence", if you know what I mean does appeal to me at times. Like going in for annual doc visit and hit a couple off the MZ for a nice blood pressure lowering, calming effect and still plenty alert. My "problem" is we work from home in all matters. Home is at the end of the road with very much space that is ours. I seem to function just fine here with the heavier effect from smoke. I also cough very little(except on a big pull), do not cough in the AM, etc. Tough lungs I guess. I am not advocating it, just saying it works for me.

On the quality issue. We are working on that one. Lots of connections these days maybe from the economy and maybe because we live next to two states that have legal med MJ(WA and OR).
Different strokes. Smoke does seem to knock me down more for sure. BTW, isn't it neat to have the little shops sprout up selling bud? Cards are fairly easy to get I hear. Gotta be a resident of the state though.

R
And on the other issue. I have no problem letting things go, in fact my last comment on the 'tension' subject was to be my last but then I am told to let it go after I posted. I actually thought everything was cool til I found out later someone let a cat out of a bag on the other product. I had nothing to do with that. I was being a bit sarcastic, yes, in my comments regarding how awful it is(was?) to mention other products on particular threads. NO MAS from me but it is my choice to do so, not a plea from another vape maker.

Rick,

lwien

Rick said:
Like going in for annual doc visit and hit a couple off the MZ for a nice blood pressure lowering, calming effect and still plenty alert.
Why would you want your doc to think that you have lower blood pressure than you actually do?

lwien,

masejl12

lwien said:
Rick said:
Like going in for annual doc visit and hit a couple off the MZ for a nice blood pressure lowering, calming effect and still plenty alert.
Why would you want your doc to think that you have lower blood pressure than you actually do?
Haha good point there :lol:

masejl12,

exdmd

Got my Myrtlezap yesterday. Very pleased, after letting it warm up for an hour two stems had me blazed. No learning curve at all, and this is my first vaporizer. Wood has extra nice grain. Fast shipping and packed real well.

I did notice more of a cerebral, head high when vaping. Before retiring, I did have to smoke a bowl of my favorite indica to get to sleep. The temperature the MZ works at seems to leave some of the cannabinoids that help sleep in the herb? I'm going to experiment with a can coozy and a 13.5 V power supply this weekend to see if I can get the temp up a bit. I'd really like to retire the bong.

exdmd,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
exdmd said:
Got my Myrtlezap yesterday. Very pleased, after letting it warm up for an hour two stems had me blazed. No learning curve at all, and this is my first vaporizer. Wood has extra nice grain. Fast shipping and packed real well.

I did notice more of a cerebral, head high when vaping. Before retiring, I did have to smoke a bowl of my favorite indica to get to sleep. The temperature the MZ works at seems to leave some of the cannabinoids that help sleep in the herb? I'm going to experiment with a can coozy and a 13.5 V power supply this weekend to see if I can get the temp up a bit. I'd really like to retire the bong.
Play with it and you will be pleasently surprized. :2c:

highendvapes,

lwien

exdmd said:
The temperature the MZ works at seems to leave some of the cannabinoids that help sleep in the herb? I'm going to experiment with a can coozy and a 13.5 V power supply this weekend to see if I can get the temp up a bit. I'd really like to retire the bong.
Before doing that, I'd leave it plugged in 24/7 for a few days and see if things heat up a tad. Also keep in mind that ambient temperature really affects the temps in these types of vapes, so keep it away from the AC airflow.

lwien,
Top Bottom