Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
ranDumb, you just got your Zap! :lol: I'm sure there must be extenuating circumstances, but you could keep it as an aromatherapy device. Besides, you never know when things may change.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

ranDUMB

omg I wish so bad!!!

I have a little one coming, and the lady has never been a fan

This is my way of stopping arguments before little randumb is here

:(

plus i spend WAYYYYYY toooo much (california medical patient is like a kid in a candystore)

ranDUMB,

ranDUMB

ON a side note, I touched my DBV like 2 times since I've had it. The MZ has a way of eliminating any need for a bigger vape. And all the ass kissing Rick gets is no hyperbole, I've never been so satisfied buying a product in my life

And when I did want that bigger hit, I would vape one MZ bowl to the head through an SG 17 straight! instant high!!!! Oh wow I'm gonna miss this

ranDUMB,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Wait a minute....you're a mmj patient and she's not a fan? That's really too bad. But, I totally respect your decision to keep peace with your wife and to be more thrifty now that runDumb, Jr. is coming. And congratulations on your upcoming fatherhood. :D

momofthegoons,

JosephS

Quick question, am I going to need one of those screen replacement things to use this comfortably? :S

Also, I feel your weather pain Rick. Last week I had a fun time. Day one was 76F outside with a 12 hour rainfall, day two 20F~ the water had frozen, cars coated with ice, day three 70F outside, and day four 35F. November is a hybrid season all on its own here.

JosephS,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Joseph, if you clean your stems regularly, you shouldn't need a screen replacement kit for a long time, if ever. I think it might depend greatly on what you wash them with. I was using ISO up until a month ago when I started using 151. The 151 works much better at cutting through the sticky stuff. I'm thinking if I had been using that all along, I wouldn't have had to replace any of them. However, if you are interested in one of the kits, you can always pick one up in the future.

momofthegoons,

JosephS

momofthegoons said:
Joseph, if you clean your stems regularly, you shouldn't need a screen replacement kit for a long time, if ever. I think it might depend greatly on what you wash them with. I was using ISO up until a month ago when I started using 151. The 151 works much better at cutting through the sticky stuff. I'm thinking if I had been using that all along, I wouldn't have had to replace any of them. However, if you are interested in one of the kits, you can always pick one up in the future.

Thanks for the quick response, again. :D
Well that is a relief, I wasn't really in the mood to burn more cash at the moment.

JosephS,

SleepyHead

Rick said:
Sleepy
Get with us via Email. We will send our address for you to send your Zap. I will either fix it with a new heatport or will replace the unit.
Thanks for trying.

Thanks Rick I'll shoot you an email right now. If only all men of business were of the same quality as you.
Sure guna miss my zap :/

SleepyHead,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
Haven't been by in awhile, so I thought I'd stop by and see what's new. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and ate like kings (and queens)...I know I did. After reading through some of the posts since I've been here last, I noticed the Winter Special. Might be time for another, or at least one for a friend or family member!

Joseph, noticed you're interested in the 'zap and seem to have some concerns, but fear not, you shouldn't need a screen replacement kit if you stay on top of your stem cleaning. I use mine daily and soak in Everclear overnight about once weekly (other high proof alcohol should work). No problems as yet. Don't hesitate to pull the trigger on a purchase, you won't be disappointed...

...since purchasing, I use it daily and frequently while conserving much more than when I was burning, rarely combust anymore, and am still excited to come home every day to my 'zap. Four of my friends even purchased after using mine. It's a great product.

All right, enough ass kissing for one post I guess, eh? Happy holiday vapin' to all!

Cheers,
J

mudstar,

Spacenstein

Modnote: No selling or soliciting items on the forum, please review the forum rules.

Quote removed

Spacenstein,

lost492

Hey guys, new zap owner here. I've owned a launchbox for close a year now and liked that other than dealing with those damn batteries so this left me purchasing a zap :D. I chose the zap for the efficiency, look, and also I liked how discrete it looked. Anyway, I received it Monday even though it was in last week just my mail was on hold so I couldn't get a hold of it until Monday. I used it Monday and I enjoyed it, I didn't vape a large amount just enough to get a little taste. Just a few questions...

Should I purchase a 13.5 transformer? Any negative's to doing that? Positives I am assuming is a thicker vapor?

Then also I was wondering should you plug the stem in between hits? Should you take it out in between hits? Is it better just to leave it in? etc.

I also had a question on how I should pack the stems... Should it be right down to the end of the tube, or should I leave a little space between the end of the stem and the herb?

Also, any tricks, tips, suggestions, things I should know?

Thanks in advance guys!

lost492,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi lost492 and welcome to FC!

You'll find most of your answers right here in this thread. But I know it can be daunting to read through, especially when you are really ready to get started with your new Zap! :lol:

The 13.5 really isn't necessary. The Zap runs hot enough without it. It was used mostly before Rick changed the style of the heat port. Jump in anyone who can contradict me, but I think that anyone who has gotten one for the new style no longer uses it. There might be one exception, but that was because of a very large knot in the wood. So no, I wouldn't bother with it. Practice for a while and see if you feel the same way in a week or so.

As for the stem pack, make sure your herb is dry and ground to a coarse pepper consistency. Then either scoop the stem in the herb, or use the straw method to suck it up. The stem full works best if full, IMO, but not packed too tightly. You should still be able to get a good draw. Having had the LB, you should have a pretty good idea of how to draw, as they are somewhat similar. You can leave the stem in if you want, but most take it out and clear the stem of vapor. If you have a carbed stem, you can just leave it in until you are done.

Other than that, I suggest reading this thread and practice, practice, practice. And feel free to ask questions. Enjoy! ;)

momofthegoons,

lost492

momofthegoons said:
Hi lost492 and welcome to FC!

You'll find most of your answers right here in this thread. But I know it can be daunting to read through, especially when you are really ready to get started with your new Zap! :lol:

The 13.5 really isn't necessary. The Zap runs hot enough without it. It was used mostly before Rick changed the style of the heat port. Jump in anyone who can contradict me, but I think that anyone who has gotten one for the new style no longer uses it. There might be one exception, but that was because of a very large knot in the wood. So no, I wouldn't bother with it. Practice for a while and see if you feel the same way in a week or so.

As for the stem pack, make sure your herb is dry and ground to a coarse pepper consistency. Then either scoop the stem in the herb, or use the straw method to suck it up. The stem full works best if full, IMO, but not packed too tightly. You should still be able to get a good draw. Having had the LB, you should have a pretty good idea of how to draw, as they are somewhat similar. You can leave the stem in if you want, but most take it out and clear the stem of vapor. If you have a carbed stem, you can just leave it in until you are done.

Other than that, I suggest reading this thread and practice, practice, practice. And feel free to ask questions. Enjoy! ;)

Thanks for the info.

The reason I asked about plugging the stem was that I actually used the launch box differently, I would plug up the holes, including the little space by the copper thing in the back and let the vapor build up then take a long smooth hit that was typically a little more dense. I was wondering if I would have a similar effect with the zap? I also was asking about leaving it in, wondering if I would be wasting any vapor during my exhale and getting to my next hit?

Thanks again!

lost492,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The only way vapor would be lost by leaving the stem in is if you didn't clear it. Some will waft up and out of the stem. Take it out and clear it at the end of your hit, then you can put the stem back into the Zap afterwards.

Now, as far as the hits compared to your method with the LB, it sounds to me as if you are coming very close to combustion with the LB. If this is the case, and that's how you like your vapor, you might want a 13.5. But you cannot leave it in the Zap for very long and using it this way will shorten the life of your Zap. They are meant to be run at 12v. As long as you would remember to replug the 12v in when not in use, maybe you would be happy with it. I still say fool around with the Zap for a bit and see if you can master the draw technique. When I compared it to the LB, it was because the Zap's draw is more like it than, say, a whip style vape where you get a lot of vapor very quickly. The Zap is more of a slow pull, or many short pulls.

momofthegoons,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
In regards to the 13.5v transformer...

I have one with one of the newer zaps and I don't find myself using the 13.5 too frequently unless I'm really craving the thicker vapor, usually late night if I want the couch lock/sedation effect. I'd recommend using the 12v for the first week or two you spend with your zap, and if you find yourself wanting thicker vapor on occasion, maybe spring for the 13.5v. My 'zap cranks out the hits even on the 12v no problem. Still great to have both options on occasion, though.

Enjoy the new zap.
Cheers,
J

mudstar,

caseball2051

It is meant to run on a 12v plug, so I dont think it would be particularly good for the unit.

I think the general advice in these situations is to plug in the 13.5 when you are going to use it, and when you are done, to plug the 12v back in.

Some other members with these types of vapes use wool socks, koozies, etc to gain higher temperatures. They apply these insulations shortly before the session, and then take them off following the session.

Ive never felt the need to get higher temps. The 12v has worked fine for me and many others. :2c:

caseball2051,

SmokingElectricity

I got my Zap in the mail today and it works great. i'm gone :ko:

myrtlezapday1.png

SmokingElectricity,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
just got some 5/8" OD 1/2" ID clear tubing to attach to the stock zap stems. it works wonderful for H2O filtering and I made a clear tubing plain jane out of a 12" piece and it makes the vapor so much cooler so you can pull way more so stronger hits imo and its an easier faster draw compared to a tooty

JDSupreme,
JD u got me tinkin, u can prolly put glass or nylon stems, tootys in fridge or freezer, i cant imagine it would hurt tuff tootys, & then have @ least a first cool vapor draw, then 2nd the stem or glass is prolly hot as normally b?????????????????????????????

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,
Top Bottom