Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Spacenstein

SmokingElectricity said:
i hope somebody buys my stuff soon.

You know.. I bet you could save 150 bucks in two weeks just by cutting down on name-brand groceries or by not eating out as often as you already do. (what i did) Additionally, it sounds like the Myrtlezap will eventually pay for itself! (even more so than a lot of other vaporizers)
:2c:

-Spacenstein

Spacenstein,

SmokingElectricity

Spacenstein said:
SmokingElectricity said:
i hope somebody buys my stuff soon.

You know.. I bet you could save 150 bucks in two weeks just by cutting down on name-brand groceries or by not eating out as often as you already do. (what i did) Additionally, it sounds like the Myrtlezap will eventually pay for itself! (even more so than a lot of other vaporizers)
:2c:

-Spacenstein

already do that...

a vape head/videogamer with a GF...

really really bad combo on the wallet. :(

SmokingElectricity,

Mr.Fresh

really really bad combo on the wallet. sad

We have similar problems friend, but add on paying for school for me :/ I'm looking all over my place for crap I don't use to sell so I can get in on this sale while its still around.

Mr.Fresh,

SmokingElectricity

Mr.Fresh said:

really really bad combo on the wallet. sad

We have similar problems friend, but add on paying for school for me :/ I'm looking all over my place for crap I don't use to sell so I can get in on this sale while its still around.

me too bro. if christmas wasn't 4 weeks away i would drop the money right now.

quick question for current zap owners. glass tooty. should i get a carb, or no carb. i was racking my brain for a bit before and couldn't decide.

SmokingElectricity,

JosephS

Hello, I'm completely new to the whole vape concept and have decided, due to cost, supposed efficiency, and intended use (solo), to buy a Zap. However, I know very little about how these things really work, as with vapes in general. So here are my questions!

1. Will I have to refill/replace anything but my flavored tobacco?

2. If I leave one of these on 24/7, will it jack up my electric bill by a large amount?

3. What wood is the best? By best I mean which is the safest and will last the longest out of the ones available from the Winter Solstice thing. I'm not after visual appeal.

4. Do I need something to cause vapor? Or is it plug in and go?

5. How long does it take to warm up and what temp does it get to? Approximations are fine.

Thanks for your help in advance! I appreciate it.

JosephS,

OC513

Dabaholic
Based on how you plan to use it......you will be VERY happy with a Zap for sure. IMO it a log vape is the best option for solo sessions.

1. No, just tobacco

2. No, they use as much electricity as a nightlight. Mine (WDZ.....very similar log vape) has been on 24/7 since I got it in April

3. All the woods available for a Zap work very well.....the woods are chosen because they have the right densities to make the vape run correctly.....some will run a bit hotter than others due to wood density but all run within a few degrees of each other so its negligible. So choose whatever one you like.

4. You need meds or tobacco then it is plug & go.

5. They take about 45 minutes to warm up but once it is warmed up you leave it on 24/7 so it is not an issue for most. I am a little unsure of where these run and hopefully someone else can come in and help with that but I believe I read they run about 380F.

Order one, you will not be disappointed.

OC513,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
I have a Tootyfrooty without a carb and it gets the job done really well providing cool vapor much better than the standard nylon stem. I really can't see the big advantage of a carb on a Tooty stem. Maybe those that have a carbed version could comment on an advantage that I'm not aware of. I'm quite sure that whatever you choose that you'll be happy.:D

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
SmokingE, I have a Tooty with a carb, and one without. I prefer the carbed, but both are in rotation. Both will cool the vapor nicely. The only difference, for me, is that instead of taking the stem out of the Zap to clear it, I just uncover the carb and get a shot of cool air. I would recommend either.

Welcome to the forum JosephS. Glad to hear you are considering a Zap. I had tons of questions when I first transitioned to vaping so don't be shy about asking. OC513 summed it up well as far as your posted questions.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Zapheads out there! Gobble, gobble. :D

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

SmokingElectricity

Lycanthrope said:
I have a Tootyfrooty without a carb and it gets the job done really well providing cool vapor much better than the standard nylon stem. I really can't see the big advantage of a carb on a Tooty stem. Maybe those that have a carbed version could comment on an advantage that I'm not aware of. I'm quite sure that whatever you choose that you'll be happy.:D

hmmmm...

might try the carb, wonder if i add 10 bucks, will he throw in a tooty frooty instead of the clear tooty.

SmokingElectricity,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Smoking, I have found Rick to be very easy to work with. Shoot him an email. I bet you can work something out.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
We are out of stock on the colored Tootys. Out because the clear Tooties are about 95% of our glass sales. I have been thinking of taking the colored ones down as there really is very little demand for them. We will have clear glass carbed and non-carbed in stock always. I would recommend staying with the clear, Smoking.
Been out of commission here for the last three days about. Some real life hi drama very close to home but not at home. Totally whacked the first half of the week. All is well now and back to shipping tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Rick,

Rick

Zapman
Joseph
Thanks for taking the Zap leap. We will do our best to keep you happy. If today goes as planned, we should have most orders ready to ship for a Monday arrival. That could include yours Joseph if my day is not interrupted too much.
We have had 0 to 10 degrees here for a few days and over a foot of snow. It is still snowing and the weatherbug says we are in for a big one over the next two days with colder weather and lots more snow. We have a half mile of road to keep open with a few neighbors we hit on the way out. Being at the end of the road, it has become our requirement over the years to plow. The beauty about this year is our oldest son Mike(36) is here with his oldest son(10) living on the place. He is an operator if there ever was one. Makes Dad look like a kid. So he will be doing most of the plowing for the duration. Actually he is doing almost all the heavy lifting around here. So very nice. What a dream come true.....................
We plow with a 4 wheeler, a 4 wheel drive tractor with a big old homemade snow plow that Mike built and when it gets really bad, an old Alice Chalmers crawler(tracks). If our road gets plugged, we go nowhere, not even to the mailbox to ship.

Rick,

CuttyBuddy

Guys I wanted to post this video I just made. This is basically how I do my Vape/Zap thing. Just propped up the ol' iPhone Up and started recording. Hope you enjoy it. Couldn't really see exactly the shot I was getting at all times so not the best cropping of all time. Next time I have a perfect lighting set-up that will show even more THICK VAPE. 1st time doing a video of that nature.

I will be getting a Walnut in the near future I'm sure.

Is there a way to embed the video?

This is My Myrtle-wood Zap. I have my cherry being sent from NY so I can post one of that too Soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ7dtly7pP8&hd=1

CuttyBuddy,

SleepyHead

Hey guys. Ive posted here before but not often. I bought my vape around April and use it daily, love it. But the heater inside became shaky, so I bought one of the "tight kits". Well in the process of trying to put the ring inside, it chewed up the inside rim of my zap, didn't think it'd be so hard :(
Once in I proceeded with directions to hammer it in to tighten it up. Well for some reason I just couldn't get it to sit, both rings were moving freely. So it continues to be loose. I also noticed after attempting to set the ring in the middle "pipe", the one protruding from the zap with the screen, was cracked around the bottom rim of it. It was never there before, and figured the banging must have caused stress to it or something. Nonetheless, I continued with my daily habits. Well a few moments ago, just trying to vape, that little "pipe" just fell inside the heater. Not all the way, but halfway. It seems to be sitting on something, so its still sticking out. All I wanted to do was take away the rattle and it made things worse. :(
So am I screwed guys or can I fix this..
I can go take some pics of it if you wanna c.

SleepyHead,

Rick

Zapman
Sleepy
Get with us via Email. We will send our address for you to send your Zap. I will either fix it with a new heatport or will replace the unit.
Thanks for trying.

Rick,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
^^^ Always nice to see a manufacturer stand behind there product. I'm saving up to purchase a MZ. It seems that all log vapes have great reputations on FC but Rick has the best deal.

pinoy,

CuttyBuddy

momofthegoons said:
Really nice vid Cutty. I think you showed the hits very nicely. And you have a beautiful Zap.

Thanks I just love the thing. It was a little hard to fit everything in to the small frame while keeping my phone propped up ha....I actually have a shorter 'Hard Core' version :brow:

CuttyBuddy,

Mako

Just ordered an intense walnut zap, stoked that I got in on the Winter Solstice sale, and I can't wait to try this thing out! :peace:

Mako,

tc1

Just an update.

Received Rick's "tite kit" and it worked like a charm. Busted up a little bit of the wood getting the C clamps in (didn't have the proper pliers) but she's purring along.

Rick is the man!

BTW .... do the new stems work on original zaps? I originally bought spares but only have 2 left and one of those stem's screen is about done too.

tc1,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
tc1, glad you were able to fix your Zap. :) I don't know why the original stems wouldn't work, but Rick would be the one who would know best about that. I have one of the original style Myrtlezaps and the stems from that fit the newer versions I have just fine. I don't think any changes were made to the diameter of the part that holds the stem in the Zap. Only the heat exchanger was changed, if my memory serves me.

When you say your screens "are done," do you mean that they are clogged? I've also had some screens that needed replacing and bought one of Rick's screen replacement kits. It's super easy to replace them. And once you have the tool, all you really need to do is get a bunch more of the little clips and punch out some screens for future replacing. There is a post somewhere around here that Rick posted about his, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe Rick will chime in here. In any case, the replacement kit will get you on your way.

Also, I wanted to add that I've had much better results cleaning my stems and Tooties with 151 than I was having with ISO. It cuts right through the resin and will be used later for some candy making. Talk about a win/win situation! :brow:

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom