Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So I'm told. Too bad I don't get more of 'em (I get that too.....).

Most don't notice them, mixed in with all those lame ones and all. I wonder how long until the next good one comes along? I'd hate to miss it......

OF
I think your really smart!

I to have ideal's as well but I don't act on them!
Ray Croc was 55 years old when he made McDonald's a franchise.

We all do a few things that don't pan out?

It's the ones were we succeed with we should act on.

420 I did respect!
However I had to set the SOLO level to 5? (5 for stock and 4 for PHVES)

OK it's cheap!
It's not a Big Shiny Belt Buckle?

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I've had my Solo for almost two weeks but just got to use it for the first time last night.

My Flowermate was not charged when I picked it up so it was the perfect time to grab the Solo. I made a domed screen and put it inside the straight stem bowl, then a loaded up the stem to what was literally a pinch of weed to try it out.

Set it up to 4 and let me tell you, I haven't been that stoned in ages! I was locked into my seat and on my way to lala land, had to get up, splash some cold water in my face and grab something to eat. Wow...this think hits like a horse compared to my FM.

I still love the FM for it's ease of use and convenience, and there's a couple of things that I need to address on the Solo:

1) The stem is a little snug when being inserted but then it feels so lose that it wobbles around, doesn't feel secured at all. I still have to try out the bent stem and the PVHE short turbo stem so we'll see if they fit better. In the mean time, I've ordered some O-rings from PIU just in case.

2) I still have a few hits worth of weed in the steam and I need to figure out how to better save it for the next evening when I put the Solo away, so I ordered some caps.....I think that will be my best bet to put away the loaded stem for later use.

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread and especially to @Vape Dr. for the great deal on my Solo.

I can't wait to see what tonight is going to bring as I get to truly experiment with solo......will keep you all posted!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If you have leftover cannabis in your mouthpiece save it for your next session. The caps are a good idea. They are easily lost, so buy quite a few. Just leave your cannabis in the stem. Lay the hot stem on a plate when done. Put a cap on when cooled.

The stems wobble and they will fall out and break. Just ask @ataxian Some folks use an o-ring under the cap that does make the stem tighter but it will still be a little loose.

The wobble helps to give the vapor clouds the Solo is known for. It's not necessarily a flaw. I love the flavor and the ease of use.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've had my Solo for almost two weeks but just got to use it for the first time last night.

My Flowermate was not charged when I picked it up so it was the perfect time to grab the Solo. I made a domed screen and put it inside the straight stem bowl, then a loaded up the stem to what was literally a pinch of weed to try it out.

Set it up to 4 and let me tell you, I haven't been that stoned in ages! I was locked into my seat and on my way to lala land, had to get up, splash some cold water in my face and grab something to eat. Wow...this think hits like a horse compared to my FM.

I still love the FM for it's ease of use and convenience, and there's a couple of things that I need to address on the Solo:

1) The stem is a little snug when being inserted but then it feels so lose that it wobbles around, doesn't feel secured at all. I still have to try out the bent stem and the PVHE short turbo stem so we'll see if they fit better. In the mean time, I've ordered some O-rings from PIU just in case.

2) I still have a few hits worth of weed in the steam and I need to figure out how to better save it for the next evening when I put the Solo away, so I ordered some caps.....I think that will be my best bet to put away the loaded stem for later use.

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread and especially to @Vape Dr. for the great deal on my Solo.

I can't wait to see what tonight is going to bring as I get to truly experiment with solo......will keep you all posted!
I used a SOLO since they first came out.
Still to this day I use one.
In CALIFORNIA we have some of the best herb from the SEA.
OG means OCEAN GROWN to the beach people.

1/4 pound sack of COLAS is standard!

On the WEST COAST we do not skimp on Flowers!

CIVILIZED is a better way to live!

SOLO stem full at 4 (level).

RIPPED, MEDICATED, DEDICATED. ALIENATED = SOLO ACTION
420 should be respected!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks @CarolKing! I'm going to try the o-rings, I'm afraid the stems are going to fall out without it. Maybe a wooden stem would fit better?

@ataxian, you sound like a riot! Love your attitude!
I like HUMOR when I wake!
My Wife tells jokes to make your ribs split!
Then my 19year old daughter cracks me up!

And I tell jokes all day long?

O-Rings 113 from CARR McMASTER'S saved many broken stems and GonG's!

I still break everything just not as often.

I had 23 glass rigs however I broke 6 I think?

But hey! Get some seals to put under your cap!

@OF knows!

Thcgos

Vape Addict
The stem is a little snug when being inserted but then it feels so lose that it wobbles around, doesn't feel secured at all.

I find that when the solo is heated up, it's much easier to insert stems.

The trick I use is, I turn on my solo first, then I pack a stem, then insert it.

By the time I've located my stem and herbs and packed it. It's almost up to temp and much easier to insert.

As for keeping it snug, nothing beats the old O ring. If you are careful you can keep them in good condition. I think I've gone through only 2 in 3 years.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
As for keeping it snug, nothing beats the old O ring.

Both my Solos have "O" rings. They never come out except when I occasionally clean the "oven" area. I would advise that you add tiny washers to the four countersunk screws on the bottom of the unit. Some Solos' base plate plastic seem to start cracking around the screws. On one I replaced the screws before adding the "O" ring and there has been no cracking. One the other one, the screws were replaced after a crack had developed, but has advanced no farther since adding the screws.

I like to use an extension on the bent stem, so the "spin factor" is even of more concern.

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I like HUMOR when I wake!
My Wife tells jokes to make your ribs split!
Then my 19year old daughter cracks me up!

And I tell jokes all day long?

O-Rings 113 from CARR McMASTER'S saved many broken stems and GonG's!

I still break everything just not as often.

I had 23 glass rigs however I broke 6 I think?

But hey! Get some seals to put under your cap!

@OF knows!

Laughter is what keeps me going!

Can't afford to break my stems......well....can't afford to replace them but I can see how sooner or later.....

Would be great to have a glass rig......someday I guess.

Enjoy my friend!

Earthtuner

I Tried a domed screen[made it with scissors out of a larger one] for the first time on my "Solo."It makes a huge difference on the draw.It's very easy to inhale with the screen installed.I also discovered not to pack too tight and make sure it's dry.I use my little Solo a lot more than my "MFLB" and Vapir Rise 2.
"It's so efficient with the herb.I use heat setting 3 and get 2 full sessions out of a stem.I haven't tried the ABV yet, it's a medium brown.

Magicflite

I Tried a domed screen[made it with scissors out of a larger one] for the first time on my "Solo."It makes a huge difference on the draw.It's very easy to inhale with the screen installed.I also discovered not to pack too tight and make sure it's dry.I use my little Solo a lot more than my "MFLB" and Vapir Rise 2.
"It's so efficient with the herb.I use heat setting 3 and get 2 full sessions out of a stem.I haven't tried the ABV yet, it's a medium brown.
Hi. New member here. Love my solo its my main everyday vaporizer. I just picked up a MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX. Still learning. I combusted my first load, so any tips. Would be greatly appreciated. Do you keep the battery engaged and let the material continously heat or do you engage the battery with each draw?either way i moticed you can't take huge rips or draws.thank you

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You have a session as long as you want. If you only want to use the Solo for a few minutes you can turn the Solo off before the 12 minutes. You can take your mouthpiece out and lay it on a plate and save until next time. I wouldnt turn off after every draw. Something like a one hitter would be better for that like a Magic Flight Launch Box. I usually use my Solo the whole time it's on.

I personally didn't like the MFLB because I prefer a session vaporizer. Some folks prefer a one hitter. A vaporizer that just heats up for one or two draws.
I thought the Solo was easier than the launch box to operate. I thought the MFLB had a learning curve.

I've never combusted with my Solo and I've had mine for 3 years. Do you mean a little charring on the end? You could stir your cannabis half way through your session that could help with the charring. Did the Solo start smoldering with smoke? In order for it to combust it would have to reach a high enough heat.

I normally start at heat level three or four and work up to heat level 5 towards the end of my session. I use a medium grind and usually heat soak my stem for a minute or so after the unit reaches my desired temp setting.

The Solos highest heat level isn't hot enough for combustion unless you have a faulty unit that reaches too high of heat.

The Solo has good flavor and uses a small amount of cannabis to get you medicated. Plus there's nothing better than an all glass air path.

Edit
@Magicflite did you mean you combusted with the MFLB? I just read something you posted elsewhere. Maybe I misinterpreted the above. I would address the MFLB thread and start asking questions there.

Welcome to FC and to the world of vaporizing.

Last edited:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi. New member here. Love my solo its my main everyday vaporizer. I just picked up a MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX. Still learning. I combusted my first load, so any tips. Would be greatly appreciated. Do you keep the battery engaged and let the material continously heat or do you engage the battery with each draw?either way i moticed you can't take huge rips or draws.thank you
This is a question better posed in the Magic Flight thread so as not to derail the Solo thread.

Magicflite

You have a session as long as you want. If you only want to use the Solo for a few minutes you can turn the Solo off before the 12 minutes. You can take your mouthpiece out and lay it on a plate and save until next time. I wouldnt turn off after every draw. Something like a one hitter would be better for that like a Magic Flight Launch Box. I usually use my Solo the whole time it's on.

I personally didn't like the MFLB because I prefer a session vaporizer. Some folks prefer a one hitter. A vaporizer that just heats up for one or two draws.
I thought the Solo was easier than the launch box to operate. I thought the MFLB had a learning curve.

I've never combusted with my Solo and I've had mine for 3 years. Do you mean a little charring on the end? You could stir your cannabis half way through your session that could help with the charring. Did the Solo start smoldering with smoke? In order for it to combust it would have to reach a high enough heat.

I normally start at heat level three or four and work up to heat level 5 towards the end of my session. I use a medium grind and usually heat soak my stem for a minute or so after the unit reaches my desired temp setting.

The Solos highest heat level isn't hot enough for combustion unless you have a faulty unit that reaches too high of heat.

The Solo has good flavor and uses a small amount of cannabis to get you medicated. Plus there's nothing better than an all glass air path.

Edit
@Magicflite
you mean you combusted with the MFLB? I just read something you posted elsewhere. Maybe I misinterpreted the above. I would address the MFLB thread and start asking questions there.

Welcome to FC and to the world of vaporizing.
Thanks for the welcome. Lots of good useful info. I ment to say my herb combusted in the MFLB on my first use. I guess i have to learn better draw /temp control.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks for the welcome. Lots of good useful info. I ment to say my herb combusted in the MFLB on my first use. I guess i have to learn better draw /temp control.
nhmvYQd.jpg

The SOLO is the best!

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I have a large collection of W9 TECH STUFF it is one of the tips to a cartridge for wax.

3 solo stem's is so CIVILIZED!

I'm going to have to find one of those, I think the solo stems are way to plain at the mouth end? Feels weird compared to the Flowermate's mouth piece.

@ataxian Is this it?

Mini_Kiss_Black__04345.1423257682.1280.1280.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm going to have to find one of those, I think the solo stems are way to plain at the mouth end? Feels weird compared to the Flowermate's mouth piece.

@ataxian Is this it?

Mini_Kiss_Black__04345.1423257682.1280.1280.JPG
I use CHILLUM the most.
Broken is a understatement!
Shattered everywhere is the condition of my CHILLUM'S!

Tomorrow I'll get more and fit them to my stems.

For now I'm using the TIP'S to my WAX pens.

I smoked joints for years however VAPORIZING taste better!

HIPPIE=YUPPIE

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
"3 Solo stems are so CIVILIZED" or "A 3 stem Solo session is....."......Grammar, Brother A, where's your grammar?

And don't you dare tell me yer Grammar is in the kitchen making cookies.......

OF
4 SOLO STEM'S=CIVILIZED

Taste very amazing!

DUTCH TREAT is a nice strain.

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES if grow right yield large COLA'S!

Why is WAX so cheap?
How can I take a T break with CANNABIS being so cheap?

Top Bottom