Arizer Solo

OF

Ok so I received my solo in the mail just now and to my surprise they sent me an Air instead! Im not sure if I should be happy or not? I also got a bent stem for the solo and not sure how well it will work with the Air?

That's strange. The packaging is different for the Air, a bent stem doesn't really 'fit in'????

The charger 'matches' (that is it's 5 Volts not 12)?

As to which is better, that's a really tough call. Many of us favor Solo by a bit, others Air? I think you should try both, it seems that for whatever reason fate has decided you should try Air first......don't fight it..... How many clues in life do you expect? IMO best to heed the ones that come your way.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Do you guys prefer the bent stem or straight one? I imagine liking the straight one more but seems like the bent one is more popular.

Do you use a screen in there or its fine without?

oDc86MZ.jpg

I love straight!
I love bent!

Get them all!

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Do you guys prefer the bent stem or straight one? I imagine liking the straight one more but seems like the bent one is more popular.

Do you use a screen in there or its fine without?

I prefer the bent stem with and extra extension. I gave the local glass shop a try and was pleased to find a nice glass piece designed for use as a one hitter or joint holder. At $3.99 each, the price seemed close to online prices, sot I bought four. It has a "pinched area" inside like an hour glass that creates a venturi like effect. The heavy glass, extra length and slight restriction combine to provide a very cool vapor. A short length of silicone tubing connects the two same diameter glass pieces on the outside preserving that "all glass pathway". I examined a whole pile of these pieces and picked several making sure to choose ones with the larger holes so the airflow would not be too restricted. The taste of this cool vapor is amazing.

SoloVenturitip.jpg

I use a screen because I sometimes grind my bud to make a special blend, but the Solo handles whole dry bud just fine without grinding.

Last edited:

VapeHeadz

Ok so I received my solo in the mail just now and to my surprise they sent me an Air instead! Im not sure if I should be happy or not? I also got a bent stem for the solo and not sure how well it will work with the Air?

I used to use the bent stem more as my straight stem seemed a tiny bit looser and would nearly fall out if I tipped the unit the wrong way. But then I bought a 5 pack of o rings and now I do not mind which stem I use at all. I rotate between the straight and bent mostly just for cleaning purposes. When one has been used for a week or so I will put it in the dishwasher to clean it and whist that is happening I will use the other stem for a while until it's time for that one to get cleaned. As far as I can tell they both do pretty much the same job, it's just a difference in the shape.

As much as I like the fan forced vapor from my Extreme Q i'm not even pulling the unit out of the cupboard anymore as I find it's just more to set up and screens need soaking quite a bit if I use it a lot. Also the EQ takes a while to heat up to use and then takes a while to cool down to be able to dismantle the cyclone bowl to put it away.

Some of the main reasons I'm sticking with the solo (even if it breaks or dies, i'll buy another one) is because -

* Ease of cleaning
* Heats up pretty quick for use
* I dont use as much weed with it (compared to my EQ)
* It's more of a solid unit and things just dont seem to break
* I can walk around the house with it, go outside in the yard or take it away easily

I use my Solo on heat setting 7 straight away. I know many people here will not agree with doing this but it's what I enjoy and it gets me very stoned.

What I find interesting is how different weed will last 1 (12 min) cycle and some other weed (with more density?) will last 2 cycles.

I prefer weed that will last 2 cycles as I can then hold and use the unit for approx 24 mins consecutively, and I enjoy the act of blowing out the vapour. When I get a new bag of weed it is really hard to tell how long the buds will last (in terms of solo cycles) just from a visual inspection, the last bag I got looked great, smelt pretty good but when I chopped a bit up and ran it through the solo I found that after 1 cycle it was just about out of vapour. If I re-turned on the solo after the first cycle and kept trying to hit it hardly any vapour would be coming out, so I know that stem pack was spent (still good stone tho!). Whereas the dense buds I got in the bag before this bag they'd keep providing decent amounts of vapour even to shut off after 2 cycles.

Mrbrown81k

That's strange. The packaging is different for the Air, a bent stem doesn't really 'fit in'????

The charger 'matches' (that is it's 5 Volts not 12)?

As to which is better, that's a really tough call. Many of us favor Solo by a bit, others Air? I think you should try both, it seems that for whatever reason fate has decided you should try Air first......don't fight it..... How many clues in life do you expect? IMO best to heed the ones that come your way.

OF
I mainly just feel really bad, I got great service, but at this point I dont feel like sending it back and dont feel like I should pay the difference either. Cant wait to try it!

OF

I mainly just feel really bad, I got great service, but at this point I dont feel like sending it back and dont feel like I should pay the difference either. Cant wait to try it!

Down here if you order a Solo and get an Air (or anything else you didn't order) by mistake it's their problem to sort out. It's flat out illegal to charge you extra for the better model. Or make you pay to send it back. IMO as it should be. Not sure of the rules in the Frozen North......

I suggest you enjoy it, I think you'll have to look long and hard to find a guy who regrets owning an Air?

OF

Mrbrown81k

Down here if you order a Solo and get an Air (or anything else you didn't order) by mistake it's their problem to sort out. It's flat out illegal to charge you extra for the better model. Or make you pay to send it back. IMO as it should be. Not sure of the rules in the Frozen North......
Im worried that if it breaks or something within the two year warranty (which I dont think it will) I wont be covered since my receipt says I got the solo. I guess maybe I should contact retailer I bought it from...

Cojabo

Hi I am reporting back. After I used a wrong polarity adapter it wouldnt charge, Now i ordered a new adapter 7,5 V 3 Amp and am vaping at this moment!!! Thx everybody! Is there a time limit with poweradapter use like dont use it more than 20 mins straight?

WNgd28P.jpg

Getting ready to medicate civilized!
I break glass everyday!

Expensive sometimes!

Breakable GonG's and Waterpieces?

The SOLO I love it's just the attachments add up for me?

Honestly just improve ur habbits with the glass. Like analyse why or when u break the glas and then think how to make sure it can never happen again. If u tell me some situations of how you break the glas i can give u some ideas lol ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Honestly just improve ur habbits with the glass. Like analyse why or when u break the glas and then think how to make sure it can never happen again. If u tell me some situations of how you break the glas i can give u some ideas lol ;)
I like your ideal!

My house has LIME STONE floors everywhere. (no padded carpet anywhere)

My garden has stone paving like JURASSIC PARK.

My first SOLO was $300 and the accessories were $3,000? (mostly glass).

I break more glass than a GREEK WEDDING!

Most of my life I had cat like reflexes!

I medicate with CANNABIS.
Glass is my favorite material.

My disease is late on set.

I just budget for my glass breaking.
It's a part of life!

However if you have a solution I'm all ears?

Chester001

I've recently tried something new w/ my Solo ... my goal was better heat dispersion ... I wanted to use a miniature Stainless Steel 'Jack' (kid's game) to put in the bowl w/ each reload ... the idea being that once things got hot in the bowl the stainless steel fingers would provide more thorough vaping of the bowl ...
Haven't been able to find the "jack" but recently tried rolling up a domed screen into the size of a BB and tossing that into the bowl ... using the same weed w/ the same temps I get a much better vape w/ the little bit of steel in the bowl ... it more than doubles the number of hits I get out of a bowl ... does anyone have any suggestions along this line for an insert for the bowl ...

@OF ... if you make those electric devices for sale I'd be interested in buying one ... :cool:

OF

Haven't been able to find the "jack" but recently tried rolling up a domed screen into the size of a BB and tossing that into the bowl ... using the same weed w/ the same temps I get a much better vape w/ the little bit of steel in the bowl ... it more than doubles the number of hits I get out of a bowl ... does anyone have any suggestions along this line for an insert for the bowl ...

@OF ... if you make those electric devices for sale I'd be interested in buying one ... :cool:

Yes, I did a fair bit of experimenting with the idea a while back, it's what led to the Glass Flowers idea (and the glass spacer WRT heat distribution?). Glass is a bad choice due to poor heat flow (it's a good insulator.....) but 'all glass' is a requirement for many. Any metal is more effective. SS is a bad choice since it's a poor conductor of heat (for a metal). Since surface area, not mass, is the key you might try what I did: Wind 'springs' that fit in the bowl so the herb can 'get inside' and make more contact?

Not as dramatic an improvement as with Ascent of course, but still worth 'playing with'.

No, sorry, I'm happily retired. Not interested in a 'home business', I'm having too much fun not working. However, it's an open design, I've tried a few times to interest someone into making them, that offer is open. It works well, but needs packaging to be a useful product. That packaging determines what the new circuit board should look like. I'm happy to help with that, and set up and train whoever wants to move forward with it. The prototype boards are expensive, about ten bucks each in the few I bought. Total parts count aside from that is well under $10 in 100 unit size 'runs'. The board should come in a bit over a dollar I think after some effort there.

In it's current configuration it also is useful for other Li-ion batteries. I use my (prototype) "Gadget" to charge flashlights, vapes other than Solo, camera batteries and anything else that can be charged by a 12VDC source. And, using a 12 to 5VDC converter (like used in USB auto adapters) lets it charge Air, FM and other vapes that use USB ports.

PM me if you (or anyone else) is interested in a 'kitchen table vape related business'. I've got the first half of that right here.......

OF

Last edited:

Chester001

What did you use for the springs you wound ? They would be easy to make out of copper but I don't know if having copper in the bowl is a good idea ... ?

Chester001,
Reactions: OF

OF

What did you use for the springs you wound ? They would be easy to make out of copper but I don't know if having copper in the bowl is a good idea ... ?

IIRC I used a bamboo chopstick and 20 or 22 gauge SS wire (soft stuff, like at the hardware store and arts and crafts shops). Close wind a few turns more than you need and cut the 'good part' out of the center after stretching the coils out a bit. I found making it slightly long so it made solid contact with the cup in the oven helped as well. I even toyed a bit with the idea of a compound spring, small diameter coils inside larger ones (wind the inner part first, then insert it in a tube and wind the outer coils over that).

A 'tech trick' for winding such coils is to anchor one end of the wire in a bench vice (or around a nail in the wall.....) so you can use both hands on the mandril (chopstick) pulling back as you wind so you get uniform tight turns

Fun stuff, I still like the screens Sinclue found for us better I guess. That's what I use now.

Enjoy the experiments, good luck.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
IIRC I used a bamboo chopstick and 20 or 22 gauge SS wire (soft stuff, like at the hardware store and arts and crafts shops). Close wind a few turns more than you need and cut the 'good part' out of the center after stretching the coils out a bit. I found making it slightly long so it made solid contact with the cup in the oven helped as well. I even toyed a bit with the idea of a compound spring, small diameter coils inside larger ones (wind the inner part first, then insert it in a tube and wind the outer coils over that).

A 'tech trick' for winding such coils is to anchor one end of the wire in a bench vice (or around a nail in the wall.....) so you can use both hands on the mandril (chopstick) pulling back as you wind so you get uniform tight turns

Fun stuff, I still like the screens Sinclue found for us better I guess. That's what I use now.

Enjoy the experiments, good luck.

OF
You have the best ideals!

The GIZMO you made for my SOLO is outstanding!

The FLAVOR is so nice it's hard not to use every hour?
OK I'm not clear?
$400+ you get a portable like a RR for the Super Market!

The SOLO is $130- and the ease of use is my favorite!

Different Strokes for Different Folks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom