Arizer Solo

maremaresing

After giving up and just going for setting 7 (I prefer high temps), I'm loving the solo. I see what all the fuss is about. It's deceptively small and very easy to get huge clouds from. The effects are great, and it's currently replaced my desktops. Really fast heat up, too.

Additionally, I really prefer vapes that either let you remove the chamber from the heat source, or cool down instantly. It's better for smell and conservation.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Also, about leaving the stem in the unit loaded with half-vaped flower: do you guys think it will work if I shut it off, and then hit it one last time to cool it down?
In addition to OF's post, I routinely divide the session into 2, 10 minute sessions.
To go out for lunch at work it's a 10 minute drive to the plaza, (@level 5) and a 10 minute drive back, (@level 6). Generally a good cool down between. The trip back is just as filling, should I say, as the ride out. :\

OF

To go out for lunch at work it's a 10 minute drive to the plaza, (@level 5) and a 10 minute drive back, (@level 6). Generally a good cool down between. The trip back is just as filling, should I say, as the ride out.

Now that's a thought through plan for sure. Seriously refined. What do you do it there's too much traffic? Do you have an 'emergency reload location' identified?

When I grow up, I wanna be just like you.......

OF

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
So I've seen some discussion on this already in the thread, but just to confirm: is there any use for the supplied potpourri bowl apart from covering Arizer's arse? Without seriously modding it, that is...

I only know of a serious mod!!:science:
You may already have seen it.

Other than than I think the "cover" theory is right on.
A larger Aroma Therapy bowl with holes in it and the forced air feature found on their other product: the Arizer Extreme Q actually works well.

falcopus

Hello,
I received me solo last week. I had some good sessions with it.
The first time I took my hits to short (10 sec). Now I take draws of 20-30 sec.
A good tip to make it easy to take a draw:
Put the stem in the solo and when you take a draw, lift it up a little bit so the stem doesn't hit the heating element.
This way it is easier to take long hits.
I hope I explain it good.
Does someone else also take draws this way?
Regards

MGG

Hello,
Put the stem in the solo and when you take a draw, lift it up a little bit so the stem doesn't hit the heating element.
Regards

Yeah man, I actually recently got a Solo and i've been really enjoying it, I find it's easier to clear if I lift the glass up a tiny bit like how you're describing. Recently purchased a PVHES GonG so i'm looking forward to when that comes through :D.

Out of interest guys i'm still a little confused how everyone feels about running the new solo whilst charging? I bought a car charger for the solo for this exact purpose of being able to use it whilst parked in the car, is this a 'no-no' and I'd be better off letting it charge then using it? :S

Thanks guys.

Herr_Dampf

Yeah man, I actually recently got a Solo and i've been really enjoying it, I find it's easier to clear if I lift the glass up a tiny bit like how you're describing. Recently purchased a PVHES GonG so i'm looking forward to when that comes through :D.

Out of interest guys i'm still a little confused how everyone feels about running the new solo whilst charging? I bought a car charger for the solo for this exact purpose of being able to use it whilst parked in the car, is this a 'no-no' and I'd be better off letting it charge then using it? :S

Thanks guys.

As far as I understand it, its pretty much the same way your cellphone works. That means even plugged in the Solo still runs off the battery. That said, I don't feel that is much of an issue as the battery pack is self serviceable.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hello,
Regards
Pulling the stem up a millimeter or two helps like you found out! Another hint is when it times out you can get a few more hits from it... Like I just did...with kief. Pretty good for this stuff too :razz:

Question for Solo users with the D020, but I guess it could be with any water attachment.

I've had my Solo for about 6 months, and I find it to be really inconsistent. One time I'll get good vapor production and a good high, and then next time nothing.

I've tried fine grind, less, more, tight, loose... anything on the product, but I can't reproduce a good session.

So now I'm thinking I have to much water in the bubbler. I've been filling to just over the top of the holes on the D020. Am I using to much water? Where should I fill it to?

olivianewtonjohn

Question for Solo users with the D020, but I guess it could be with any water attachment.

I've had my Solo for about 6 months, and I find it to be really inconsistent. One time I'll get good vapor production and a good high, and then next time nothing.

I've tried fine grind, less, more, tight, loose... anything on the product, but I can't reproduce a good session.

So now I'm thinking I have to much water in the bubbler. I've been filling to just over the top of the holes on the D020. Am I using to much water? Where should I fill it to?
You should post in the solo thread. Not getting vapor production has nothing to do with the bubbler. Sounds like it might be defective? For reference I like mine a little ways above the top slit, feels like less resistance than what others seem to do just above the perc

I'm trying to figure out the issue.

I'll get a nice session and then the next time it's poor. It's always fully charged.

I only ask about the WT as, even though I'm 40, I don't have any prior experience. So I'm trying to logically figure out where my problem is.

ratnamedbob,
Reactions: OF

420democrat

I'm thinking of buying a pinnacle water tool for my solo, as little as it is does the water filtration it provides significant? Like would it make a huge difference over stock stem how would it compare to standard no diffusion water pipes

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I'm thinking of buying a pinnacle water tool for my solo, as little as it is does the water filtration it provides significant? Like would it make a huge difference over stock stem how would it compare to standard no diffusion water pipes

It does make a huge difference. Very little throat irritation, so I can hit it for hours, if I want. Makes a lot less bubbling noise than my old bong, so my wife likes it better as well. The taste is best with the stock stem and no water, however.
I love the way it sits on top, usually without leakage.
There is a sweet spot, I fill to about 1/4" below where it starts to drain.
Had it drain while using a couple of times, but there is very little water involved and the weed stops most of the water from entering the Solo. It sizzles like hell if it does happen, so I just disconnect in a hurry.

I added this old bong stem by inverting it and putting it through a wine making cork:
solowtupgrade2.jpg

The draw is smoother this way.

masaki

It does make a huge difference. Very little throat irritation, so I can hit it for hours, if I want. Makes a lot less bubbling noise than my old bong, so my wife likes it better as well. The taste is best with the stock stem and no water, however.
I love the way it sits on top, usually without leakage.
There is a sweet spot, I fill to about 1/4" below where it starts to drain.
Had it drain while using a couple of times, but there is very little water involved and the weed stops most of the water from entering the Solo. It sizzles like hell if it does happen, so I just disconnect in a hurry.

I added this old bong stem by inverting it and putting it through a wine making cork:
solowtupgrade2.jpg

The draw is smoother this way.
I can't find a decent video of this combo :(

masaki,

OF

I'm trying to figure out the issue.

I'll get a nice session and then the next time it's poor. It's always fully charged.

I only ask about the WT as, even though I'm 40, I don't have any prior experience. So I'm trying to logically figure out where my problem is.

Thanks for the try, but I still don't see an answer here? Must be my day to be dense. Because of the 'only ask about the WT...' part I'm going to assume it's about the Solo itself.

First off, charge has nothing to do with it. As long as it's in regulation, it's in regulation. There's a small chance temperature sensing is erratic, but then so would be the heating pattern.....you don't see that, right?

First variable to eliminate is herb. Same batch? You can load 4 times in a row the same way and get at least two different results?

TIA, interesting problem......

OF

Thanks for the try, but I still don't see an answer here? Must be my day to be dense. Because of the 'only ask about the WT...' part I'm going to assume it's about the Solo itself.

First off, charge has nothing to do with it. As long as it's in regulation, it's in regulation. There's a small chance temperature sensing is erratic, but then so would be the heating pattern.....you don't see that, right?

First variable to eliminate is herb. Same batch? You can load 4 times in a row the same way and get at least two different results?

TIA, interesting problem......

OF
Same product. Same relative moisture content.

I thought I might have been overpacking the bowl- I have the PV GonG- so I used half the amount, and no real change.

Once in a while I'll get massive clouds, I'll try to do the same thing next time- same herb, same grind, same amount, and it will be minimal.

I'm considering moving on to a plug in like the Life Saber which I can easily use with a WT- but with the plug in power. I hate to spend the money, so I want to try to figure this out first.

ratnamedbob,

Nu11ington

Same product. Same relative moisture content.

I thought I might have been overpacking the bowl- I have the PV GonG- so I used half the amount, and no real change.

Once in a while I'll get massive clouds, I'll try to do the same thing next time- same herb, same grind, same amount, and it will be minimal.

I'm considering moving on to a plug in like the Life Saber which I can easily use with a WT- but with the plug in power. I hate to spend the money, so I want to try to figure this out first.
FYI the LS is on mass drop for $140. might take awhile to get to you but definitely a cheaper option if you're looking to buy one

Nu11ington,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Practice Makes Perfect ! using a bubbler can be an art and not every bubbler will produce clouds, Keep working at it. If you get clouds "once in a while" I'd say its more in your technique and not the vape or bubbler.

Top Bottom