Arizer Solo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Thank you so much Snappo for your quick reply and your direct links.

I am planning to order the Pinnacle Water Attachment, but regarding the PVHEGONG, is the one I need:
PVHEGonG 14MM
PVHEGonG 14MM Shorty
PVHEGonG 14MM Turbo (+$1.50)
PVHEGonG 14MM Shorty Turbo (+$1.50)

I have no idea the difference between them. To give you an idea, currently my girlfriend and I don't really have any issues with the draw on the stock straight stem that came with the solo, we would just like it to be a little cooler. So since the draw on the stock stem don't bother us, would just the regular PVHEGonG 14MM suffice? Thanks again for your help.

Also, I plan to buy a few other accessories for the solo and would perhaps if not too much trouble get some thoughts and comments, possibly a better deal.

I plan to buy: after 15% discount at puffitup
Arizer Solo Power Adapter $38
Arizer Solo Vape Case $38
Arizer Solo 12v Car Charger $25

At Thevaporblunt.com
14.4 mm Micro-shower Water Tool Attachment $ 50

At planetvape. Any promo codes?
PVHEGonG High Efficiency GonG PVHEGonG 14MM $33
PlanetVape.com is currently out-of-stock on the Turbo & Shorty versions, which you really don't need. Don't wait for them to re-stock. The PVHEGonG High Efficiency GonG PVHEGonG 14MM is only $24.95...not $33. Go for it!!! They deliver fast! You'll be up & running in no time.

Snappo,
Reactions: Hexi

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could someone tell me the differences between water filtration and dry use of the Solo? What are the benefits of water filtration?
Personally, I find the water cools and moisturizes the vapor making it less harsh. I use the solo on 7 but I need water cooling at that level. Even on 3 for me I find the vapor dries my throat, but I don't general use that low.

farscaper

You know that moment you feel like a stubborn jackass for waiting so long? Yup.

Already ran a smal load through of some jack herr and grapefruit. Used a screen I had formed for my wychwood, it fit just right. That load went down faster than I have ever been able to vape before. Now im tootn on some oil on cotton!

Float on.

OF

Also, I plan to buy a few other accessories for the solo and would perhaps if not too much trouble get some thoughts and comments, possibly a better deal.

I plan to buy: after 15% discount at puffitup
Arizer Solo Power Adapter $38

Arizer Solo 12v Car Charger $25

Sounds like you're off to a running start.

You might want to rethink the two purchases above a bit, Forum Members Pipes an SameOldTim are offering "All In One" systems that do PA and charging both at home and in the car (the factory won't do PA in the car even 'maxed out'). You can search Pipes' posts on this forum and PM him for details, Tim has a business started at:
http://dtsvape.com/menu/

While similar, each system has different features worth considering.

You should also know you can hold off on buying a dedicated GonG stem for a while if you want. You can use the straight stem directly into the 14mm GonG fitting on the WT. Many of us did this for a while to try the idea out, some using o-rings, short pieces of rubber tube or even a few turns of a rubber band for a seal. You can even do it 'barefoot' (no seal at all) but it takes two hands.

Enjoy your Solo, great choice you know.

OF

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Sinclue,

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Just wondered if anyone else has reeeeaaaaally loose 14mm Shorty GonGs...I have bought two and both are so loose its hard to use them, especially with the f-BOMB tube, because when clearing the tube sometimes the GonG comes with it and all the herb falls out of the GonG into the bottom of the Solo heating chamber. With bubblers etc where the GonG is inverted it is not so much of an issue, as I just leave the GonG attached to the bubbler and remove the Solo...

My non shorty GonGs are nice and tight.

I am using o-rings as well...in fact I have found I can squish two o-rings under my Solo cap and this stops the issue with my shorty GonGs but then I can't get any of my other stems/GonGs in lol...

GSH,
Welcome! I just ordered the Pinnacle WT you referred to above...use PNTW50 coupon code (only $50.00!): http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.c...-4-mm-Micro-shower-Water-Tool-Attachment.html. You will need the PVHEGonG High Efficiency GonG from Planet Vape: http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhegong-high-efficiency-gong.html.
ENJOY!!!
The GonG is not NEEDED but nice to have. The PVHESGonG were always out of stock so I just use a little bit of 7th floor tubing on the end of my regular stem.

bbonline1234

PlanetVape.com is currently out-of-stock on the Turbo & Shorty versions, which you really don't need. Don't wait for them to re-stock. The PVHEGonG High Efficiency GonG PVHEGonG 14MM is only $24.95...not $33. Go for it!!! They deliver fast! You'll be up & running in no time.

Thanks for the comments about the turbo and shorty versions.

I said $33 for the PVHEGonG due to shipping costs of $8. Unless there is a free shipping promo code.

Yesterday, after writing my questions and getting some feedback, the GF and I decided that instead of pimping out the solo with a lot of accessories, we would instead use that money towards a desktop vape, like the volcano, SS, Da Buddha, and possibly also buy a more portable vape, like the pax.

The solo just isn't hitting either of us very strong and usually requires us to do 4 sessions and packing it twice. So each small bowl is used for TWO 12 minute sessions that we both vape from. I don't think we are doing anything wrong cause we get a great amount of vapor, and our botanicals are medical grade top shelf stuff.

So we're thinking of getting the desk vape for those really hard hits and for when we have people over, the solo for around the house while moving about the house, and the PAX for outdoor activities like running, disneyland, and the beach. Granted that is a lot of money at the moment, which is why I want to try new things with the Solo to see if perhaps we are doing something wrong, correct it, and then not have to buy a desk vaporizer and get really sold hits from the solo.

I just bought the pinnacle water attachment so when I get that, I will see if it helps by itself, then maybe buy the PVHEGonG adapter if I can't the attachment and the stock stem to play nice.

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. This is an awesome world I'm becoming a part of.

salivape

I thought the solo wasn't hitting the spot when I first got it, now it puts me on my ass. I assume this is a new ish unit? Give it time. Once the seal around the stems loosens up you might be surprised.

I've only used a bootleg pax but people who have tried both say they perform the same as ones from ploom. IMO the solo hits way harder with less herb so I think you may be even more disappointed with a pax.

Vaporito

So I just got my PV Shorty Turbo GOng and Shorty Stem.

I swear it's way better than the full size... Much tastier and the AVB does not get black on the bottom.. it's nice and even brown by the time the vapor stops.

Cant's believe a 30% reduction in the bowl would do that but it totally rocks.

I still have my full size GonG for a bigger load for two, and my Ed's Wood stem for the road.

But these shorties seem to be the best in efficiency and taste.

GSH

On a Möbius plane
So I just got my PV Shorty Turbo GOng and Shorty Stem.

I swear it's way better than the full size... Much tastier and the AVB does not get black on the bottom.. it's nice and even brown by the time the vapor stops.

Cant's believe a 30% reduction in the bowl would do that but it totally rocks.

I still have my full size GonG for a bigger load for two, and my Ed's Wood stem for the road.

But these shorties seem to be the best in efficiency and taste.
I agree. I much prefer my shorty GonG for flavour and efficiency...it rocks. I find it much better than a half filled standard GonG or a domed screen in a standard GonG.

I wanna get some shorty stems too, but PV has been out of stock for a bit. As soon as they are back in, I am grabbing a couple :D

GSH,
Reactions: Hexi

farscaper

I use the bent stem and have zero draw issues. I did notice the strait tube tends to be much harder to draw through at times because it naurally seals to the bottom so well. I assume its due to the natural lever action of the bent stem. Love the ease of use.

farscaper,

JoeKickass

I thought the solo wasn't hitting the spot when I first got it, now it puts me on my ass. I assume this is a new ish unit? Give it time. Once the seal around the stems loosens up you might be surprised.

I've only used a bootleg pax but people who have tried both say they perform the same as ones from ploom. IMO the solo hits way harder with less herb so I think you may be even more disappointed with a pax.

I've tried both and find the Pax to be more powerful, and if you use a screen I get thicker vapor from the Pax from the same 0.1-0.15g bowl size, but I did like the taste of the solo. I hope that's how my Could tastes!

JoeKickass,

Hexi

Thank you so much Snappo for your quick reply and your direct links.

I am planning to order the Pinnacle Water Attachment, but regarding the PVHEGONG, is the one I need:
PVHEGonG 14MM
PVHEGonG 14MM Shorty
PVHEGonG 14MM Turbo (+$1.50)
PVHEGonG 14MM Shorty Turbo (+$1.50)

At Thevaporblunt.com
14.4 mm Micro-shower Water Tool Attachment $ 50

At planetvape. Any promo codes?
PV Code is FCLOVE10 (other codes for specific purchaes, they have a forum thread here with the link to the codes.) the FC10 code basically gives free shipping to the US.

I use the PVHEGonG 14mm Shorty and 18mm Shorty. Love them both. 14mm is for the f-BOMB or pinWT, 18mm is for other glass etc... Love the PVHE GonGs, but they are not all 100% exact same size and not all Solos are exactly the same so there can be fitting issues for people sometimes.

Just wondered if anyone else has reeeeaaaaally loose 14mm Shorty GonGs..
when clearing the tube sometimes the GonG comes with it
With bubblers etc where the GonG is inverted it is not so much of an issue, as I just leave the GonG attached to the bubbler and remove the Solo...

My non shorty GonGs are nice and tight.

I am using o-rings as well...in fact I have found I can squish two o-rings under my Solo cap and this stops the issue with my shorty GonGs but then I can't get any of my other stems/GonGs in lol...

My 18mm Shorty PVHE Gong is slightly looser than my 14mm. I think it's just the 2 variances, Solo variance and glass variance. There is s +/- I believe

instead of pimping out the solo with a lot of accessories,
we would instead use that money towards a desktop vape, like the volcano, SS, Da Buddha, and possibly also buy a more portable vape, like the pax.

The solo just isn't hitting either of us very strong and usually requires us to do 4 sessions and packing it twice. So each small bowl is used for TWO 12 minute sessions that we both vape from.

I just bought the pinnacle water attachment so when I get that, I will see if it helps by itself, then maybe buy the PVHEGonG adapter if I can't the attachment and the stock stem to play nice.

It takes me 2x 12 min sessions of Shorty to get through, but that includes heat up time. I've found that 2x sessions is often overload because what I really 'needed' was 1.3 sessions ;)

I would think that with 2 people, it would definitely stretch out the time it takes. Which is exactly in line with your thinking about desktop. IMO Cloud EVO is promising some nice things... we shall see. It will be my first 'desktop'

I've tried both and find the Pax to be more powerful, and if you use a screen I get thicker vapor from the Pax from the same 0.1-0.15g bowl size, but I did like the taste of the solo. I hope that's how my Could tastes!

This

Pax is slick looking, portable, and hits very hard on high. But those hard hits are the result of mostly conduction heating and not as 'clean' as more convection based vaping. Which is partly why the clouds can get so thick and dank with a Pax.

However those thick, dank clouds on a PAX = major heat and throat irritation for those of us that are sensitive. If you can't do straight stem on 7 without irritation, no way you can do PAX on high, IMO PAX hits were hotter than SOLO.

Either way, you'd need a water tool to cool it. There is a PAX thread you can read up on it. Basically it's a great stealth device if you can get it to work and stay working the way you want.

As far as Solo accessories, people here swear by the chargers Pipes and Tim make, turns the Solo into a pseudo mini desktop vape. It seems that the Solo works better with 80%+ Charge, and if you let the charge get too low it may lose some efficiency (someone please correct me if I am revising historic research)

But in terms of accessories, IMO once you get a GonG you like, you're pretty much set and free to then do whatever you want. Big giant water tube, tiny mini tube, J-Hook/Ashcatcher, Ed's Wood Stems... whatever you'd like.

I personally see no need for a $50 case for the Solo. Others would use it all the time.

I'm kinda glad I didn't have vaping in college, don't think I would have made it out in 4 years if I had a nice glass bubbler and a solo to keep me busy. :love:

OF

It takes me 2x 12 min sessions of Shorty to get through, but that includes heat up time. I've found that 2x sessions is often overload because what I really 'needed' was 1.3 sessions ;)

Very well put, thanks Bro. That describes just how a bowl/stem often works out for me as well. It times out (bummer when I miss the beep....) before I want, so I restart. But as often or not I should not really have run out the second 12 minutes......

Just tidying up, right?

OF

Top Bottom