Arizer Solo

Ralph

Try the stem that comes with it to compare. That is your "baseline" testing. Your out of the box, fully charged solo with normal stem packed should give you an idea if your SOLO is working properly.

In general most of us would say that the size of the bowl for the normal stem and normal PVHES stem is too big. Which is why someone came up with the 'domed screen' approach, ( check this thread for it) and PVHES came up with the "shorty" stems/GONGs which are 30% smaller.

Even with a shorty stem, I can still fit a full Pax-sized load in it.

Another tip I do for smallish packs, is use AVB to bugger the pack if you have a small amount of fresh herb.

All of the above are just suggestions and the herb, how it's ground, the humidity in your area etc.. a million other variables could impact your vaping.

My first SOLO experience was huge hits off a fully packed OEM stem. I could not handle it and it took me 3 sessions to get through a fully packed OEM Stem. (about 1.5 PAX loads). I'm built like a NFL lineman so it's not like tiny whisps knock me over...

However despite being a huge fan of the SOLO, I would say that the Da Vinci and Pax both offer a more immediate indication if your bowl is ready/still waiting or spent. The SOLO has a higher learning curve than both IMO. It's quite easy to have a pack sitting there and hit it too late or too early or too hard or not hard enough etc...

EDIT: Just noticed Dreamerr mentioned setting of 4.

I found that with my SOLO< (newer model) 4 is like LOW setting for PAX. 7 is like medium/high for PAX.

But for a stem draw, 4-5 was max temp for me due to harsh/heat etc... But with a water bubbler + PVHE, I just run with temp 7 all the time.

The PVHE allows air to come in, but if you draw too much, that air will be cool, which reduces efficiency big time if you draw too much.
Thanks Hexi!!!! That's the answer I was looking for. I'll keep on experimenting.

Ralph,

Lizard King

Back on my computer now.

OF confirmed there are slightly different cap sizes

See below for his post...

Thank you!

I think the number 015 ring (same basic ID but 1/16 not 3/32 cord) would probably grip fine but might want to turn under the cap (needing a shim to stop rotation??). Unfortunately I no longer have access to the Solo with the thick cap I did (and have any such rings to test......).

Ordering Buna or Viton rings to test for fit would probably be worth a try for those who feel inclined (and have the 'right' Solo)?

OF

Thanks OF! I will look into those. I got two Solos for friends, both MIA4's. One had the thick cap but the other one didn't. So now, one friend has the silicone o-ring in place and one doesn't.

Last edited:

Hexi

At what level temp and how long to you wait to pull after it reaches the desired temp ?

This session was 7 all the way, once pre-heated, very little waiting. The shorty bowl or a domed screen IMO means you have to hit it at the top more. You gotta be quick so to speak.

Thanks Hexi!!!! That's the answer I was looking for. I'll keep on experimenting.

some crap phone pics to give you a visual , just a small bit of this nug will end up in the bowl
v3uc.jpg

Shorty GonG vs. OEM stem.
That grind is going to be ~2 shorties. Slice of Durban glass to mix things up
Compare the depth of the 2 diff bowls, + PVHE air slot
puhl.jpg

ok maybe I got greedy on the first load
8htw.jpg

This is some leftover cloud in the fbomb top chamber after I blew out a huge cloudy hit.
y6zy.jpg

I was toast after 5 huge rips, had to turn it off before the first 12 min cycle. The durban glass was a bit harsh, and my rips were one after another, no waiting after pre-heat so overdid it on my throat.

(Sorry blury pic) just wanted to show the darkness of the ABV, this load probably has another 5 solid rips in it, I can just shake off the super dark and it's good to go. (Shorty)
xqbv.jpg

Zorbak

Hexi, from those pictures, it's clear you like the shorty stem better. I already have a full size PVHEGonG, but I like to do little one-hitter like sessions throughout the day. I'm thinking the shorty efficiency might make it worth the additional 30 bucks or so. Do you agree?

Zorbak,

Hexi

I have a few other stems on order, normal GonG and tall-boy HEGonG coming to compare (got a non HE one)... but I haven't really hit the OEM stem in a while since I got the bubbler and shorty GonG. The PV GonGs seem a bit pricey for the size, but they are pretty well made specialty items.

With the bubbler, it's hard to resist packing good loads, and going for bigger hits. The smaller load was more of a stem thing for me.

I'll try a half-short load tonight with a domed and report out. But I think the air slot design makes it trickier the lighter the load.

Hexi,
Reactions: ataxian

Zorbak

I've been putting in very small loads loosely packed in my pvgong, and have been getting surprising amounts of vapor for many hits at 5. I'm just wondering if I can get even better efficiency with the same amount in a shorty. I'll have to get one next month to test out.

Zorbak,
Reactions: Hexi

as

I have just bin using my he gong with a big domed screen which leaves me about 1/5 of stander solo steam I still get thck hits just less per bowl but it works wellvwhen using a vapor lung and this bowl I get 3 1.75l lungs one for flavour one a big hit and a last to finish it off at this point the vapor fins out

as,
Reactions: Hexi

TechnicalToker

I have used my Solo a couple of times. I have only the factory stems but I don't seem to be getting very good vapour. I have read that because its so new I may have trouble drawing through. I do have the Extreme Q and have no problem with it. What might I be doing wrong?

TechnicalToker,

tomshreds

After the whole DaVinci Ascent production delay I'm really excited about getting my first vape but damn it won't come! So now I'm starting to think I should get a Solo instead. I read a LOT of good things about it. How is it? If you had to tell me 5 cons about it what would they be?

Thanks a lot!

tomshreds,

OF

After the whole DaVinci Ascent production delay I'm really excited about getting my first vape but damn it won't come! So now I'm starting to think I should get a Solo instead. I read a LOT of good things about it. How is it? If you had to tell me 5 cons about it what would they be?

A much better call, IMO. Lean to fly on a proven plane, not an experimental one.

No hidden negatives. It could be smaller, cheaper, have better battery life, come with free bud.......

It's well known and respected....good recommendations.

OF

tomshreds

A much better call, IMO. Lean to fly on a proven plane, not an experimental one.

No hidden negatives. It could be smaller, cheaper, have better battery life, come with free bud.......

It's well known and respected....good recommendations.

OF
I 100% agree with the proven plane! Thanks OF! You're a very useful community member, you've been answering all my questions! :D

tomshreds,
Reactions: OF

Vaporito

I can only second that about the Solo. I own the original Davinci and it's great... portable, pocket sized etc... sadly the ascent subpar to say the least.

I bought a solo and have not looked back, talk about a proven plane. There' accesories, nice glass & wood stems, it performs reliably every time etc.

Negatives, none that I have found so far, other than the edge of the metallic paint chipping a bit... other that it's the best tool I have had for my flower needs since I was a teen and I'm pushing 52 here!

So I would say go for it and welcome to the Solo crowd... ;-)

tomshreds

I can only second that about the Solo. I own the original Davinci and it's great... portable, pocket sized etc... sadly the ascent subpar to say the least.

I bought a solo and have not looked back, talk about a proven plane. There' accesories, nice glass & wood stems, it performs reliably every time etc.

Negatives, none that I have found so far, other than the edge of the metallic paint chipping a bit... other that it's the best tool I have had for my flower needs since I was a teen and I'm pushing 52 here!

So I would say go for it and welcome to the Solo crowd... ;-)
Thanks for sharing your wisdom! Experience is the key!

Very good to know, I heard very little bad about it. Only "almost con" would be that there's resistance when taking a hit, how hard is it? I'm used to puff on hard rolled joints so I guess I'll be alright! :p

Thanks guys! This place rocks!

tomshreds,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
@ Tommy Bergeron I would say stealth but you can use the cup mod and I made one on this page or last page. I am with OF give me free bud and maybe unbreakable glass but I personally wouldn't trade the glass in for non glass. I guess self cleaning would be nice. I find it hard to find negs of this vape and that is no small feet for a woman. Really it is just the learning curve that to me is the hardest to get through. Good luck with your choice.

tomshreds

@ Tommy Bergeron I would say stealth but you can use the cup mod and I made one on this page or last page. I am with OF give me free bud and maybe unbreakable glass but I personally wouldn't trade the glass in for non glass. I guess self cleaning would be nice. I find it hard to find negs of this vape and that is no small feet for a woman. Really it is just the learning curve that to me is the hardest to get through. Good luck with your choice.
When a woman finds no negatives in something, then that means it's near perfection! ;-)

Stealth isn't a problem since I'm mostly doing it with my girlfriend on the couch :p I might bring it to the cinema sometimes or when on vacation to visit my parents, etc but that's all about stealth.

The glass straws look easy to clean IMO, which is very nice. I'm used of non-cleanable small glass pipes and such so I'll be happy if it's easy to clean.

Thanks, I'll look for the cup the mod!

Dreamerr

The mod is on this page and you can see the mcdonalds one on Planetvapes site.
Easy to clean is an understatement. The glass can just be dropped in iso and left there. I am now doing year old reclaim from it that is assume. It is the first time I have done it. I got a lot of reclaim from the iso jar. If you look through the thread not to far back you will see pics of my now very oily stem. It became a game for me and I might even cry when I clean it lol.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Snappo

tomshreds

Woah the mod looks awesome! Good job :p

About the oily stem, how bad will it be to clean? And how long did it take to get that dirty? I'm new to vaping altogether so I'll be asking lots of questions :p

Thanks a lot!

tomshreds,

Vaporito

Pull is not a problem, as I'm completing a set of planetvape glass stems and eds wood for on the road use.

All of these have better airflow than the stock stems. I like the variety of glass, wood, shorty, and of course fbomb.... It's always fun to have these alternatives for any one vaping session.

As for cleaning, my stay very clean, I just drop them in ISo every few days for an hour or so, then rinse them out real well.

Vaporito,
Reactions: Snappo

Dreamerr

I think maybe a year but I really have no idea. I have a bunch of stems but that has been used almost exclusively for months with some exceptions. I don't think it will take long to clean at all but I can't be bothered so will more then likely let it soak in either iso or everclear. When I decide which could be a while I will let you know how long it took. Here is a pic from just now...kind a sucky pic though sorry.
le8fcyy.jpg

I have boiled stems as well btw.

tomshreds

Pull is not a problem, as I'm completing a set of planetvape glass stems and eds wood for on the road use.

All of these have better airflow than the stock stems. I like the variety of glass, wood, shorty, and of course fbomb.... It's always fun to have these alternatives for any one vaping session.

As for cleaning, my stay very clean, I just drop them in ISo every few days for an hour or so, then rinse them out real well.
Good to know, thanks! What's your favorite stem for the Solo?

I think maybe a year but I really have no idea. I have a bunch of stems but that has been used almost exclusively for months with some exceptions. I don't think it will take long to clean at all but I can't be bothered so will more then likely let it soak in either iso or everclear. When I decide which could be a while I will let you know how long it took. Here is a pic from just now...kind a sucky pic though sorry.
le8fcyy.jpg

I have boiled stems as well btw.

No worries about the pic quality, we can see the point haha

What % of iso do you take? Any suggestions to clean my future Solo vape? :)

Thanks

tomshreds,

Dreamerr

Don't stress about cleaning at all. I have used 50% and it worked with no issue. A matter of fact that is what I just got the reclaim from the other day. Glass is easy to clean and there are many options. I have now moved to 91% but no because of the solo. Like I said I have boiled the stems and had a wonderful buttered bagel cause I put butter in the water and let it separate back in the fridge. Yummy time the next day. I suggest reading the thread backwards and you will find lots of fun stuff. Some make hot chocolate with there stems to clean them.

tomshreds

Don't stress about cleaning at all. I have used 50% and it worked with no issue. A matter of fact that is what I just got the reclaim from the other day. Glass is easy to clean and there are many options. I have now moved to 91% but no because of the solo. Like I said I have boiled the stems and had a wonderful buttered bagel cause I put butter in the water and let it separate back in the fridge. Yummy time the next day. I suggest reading the thread backwards and you will find lots of fun stuff. Some make hot chocolate with there stems to clean them.
This sounds AWESOME! First time I read that kind of stuff. Definitively going to try those tricks when I have to clean my stems! Thanks for sharing, I'll surely take the time to read backward the thread!

tomshreds,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
This sounds AWESOME! First time I read that kind of stuff. Definitively going to try those tricks when I have to clean my stems! Thanks for sharing, I'll surely take the time to read backward the thread!
Keeping the Solo gear clean is ridiculously easy! ISO 91 & Q-tips are all you need, and very rarely if just a casual aficionado. Using the Solo, once you've found her G-spot, couldn't be more effortless and enjoyable. I feel guilty for having flirted with the Davinci Ascent. But Solo Mia has forgiven me, just like it never happened.

Dreamerr

I just found a pic from March 31st so I guess that was close to the start date. It had some oils on it and I am sure the pic is here in the thread but it was very much early on. I guess it wasn't a year lol.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: tomshreds
Top Bottom