Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
bow, there is a thread here on the vaporlung check it out. Natural farmer makes them nice pm him and maybe he can help.

snappo I know nothing but it has something to do with pressure in and out and no room for it all to move I think.

poonman email him and maybe he has or knows someone that has a solo. I am sure we can get a group sale together in pm of course unless we want marks next to our names lol.

poonman

I just don't get the venturi explanation: It appears to me, according to the File:Venturi.gif, that only a state of equilibrium is occurring at the exit, not a reduction in the original flow resistance. Can someone explain in layman's lingo, please?.

I think ;
You're funneling the vapor thru a pin hole ,
which collects and condenses the vapor thru the small opening .
Allowing you to inhale a bigger volume with more ease .
Kinda like the reasoning for adding cigar tips on the end of cigars , for smoother inhales .
I think it also create a bigger suction/drawing power from the small opening .
That is why I get more resin build up and faster in the herb chamber of my stems . ime

These are my layman's explanations ....not scientific .:mental:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I think ;
You're funneling the vapor thru a pin hole ,
which collects and condenses the vapor thru the small opening .
Allowing you to inhale a bigger volume with more ease .
Kinda like the reasoning for adding cigar tips on the end of cigars , for smoother inhales .
I think it also create a bigger suction/drawing power from the small opening .
That is why I get more resin build up and faster in the herb chamber of my stems . ime

These are my layman's explanations ....not scientific .:mental:
Outstanding chain of reasoning! I think I'm beginning to get it now. "bigger volume with more ease" ...that's the ticket!

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Snappo you're cracking me up :lol:

Are you trying to decide between Pax and Ascent and Solo?
:lol: Ha! Not at all. May end up with all three! I love the Pax concept, but in my view it's not yet ready for prime time (waiting for version 2.0). Have and LOVE the Solo! Ascent on order and paid for. There will come a day when vapes reach a stage of perfection - of that I'm sure. I am a technology chaser:clap:!!!

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Sounds good doesn't it Snappo? I like the cigar tip comparison he made.
You don't use a tip on your Solo? I plan on getting a straight pvhes and attaching either a tip or chillum.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
You don't use a tip on your Solo? I plan on getting a straight pvhes and attaching either a tip or chillum.
Yes!!! I DO use a tip on ALL my Solo stems... all of them except for my Ed's wood. I like the coolness it imparts on the draw, and the feeling of control.

BTW, HH - Jabba The Hutt profile pic was da bomb!!! :rockon:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Hoof Hearted - consider the "Bent Turbo PVHES" over the straight. It'll be more a more comfortable wrist position, IMO. Enjoy!!!

Welcome back, Jabba!

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

dannomac21

Account Closed
Hey guys.

Kinda new here...I've had a Solo since March/April. Love it. An M1A3 model.

Is there any more of those rings to be had around here? Those look amazing and the stems in my unit are so loose it's ridiculous. If not, then I'll look out for the next give away!

dannomac21,

Dreamerr

Oh Stu you are so sweet to the newbie:love: .
dannomac21, welcome to fc and now that you have been treated so well by stu don't disappear. I wonder why you didn't just get the huge amount of o-rings like a 100 and open an o-ring store as some did here:rofl:. Just playing enjoy your stay. I am silly and will remain so.

Is it just me or does resin build up differently in the PVHES vs. the stock stems? The resin buildup in my PVHES is "clearer" and looks wet. I didn't get the same effect with the stock stems. Must be the difference in airflow or something?

letter never sent,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Is it just me or does resin build up differently in the PVHES vs. the stock stems? The resin buildup in my PVHES is "clearer" and looks wet. I didn't get the same effect with the stock stems. Must be the difference in airflow or something?

Not really, do you use screens?

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Hey all I just thought I would come on here and say hi and that the Arizer Solo is absolutely awesome! I haven't been around online for a while, unfortunately I went back to combusting :doh:

I have had a few vapes over the last two or three years, namely the Volcano (gathering dust), DBV (sold), Purple Days (looking pretty on the shelf!), and the Vapor Genie (needs new screen). However I could never quite get off of smoking spliffs. I am from the UK you see and as such was introduced to the herb, through spliffs mixed with tobacco. After 15 years of smoking spliffs with tobacco, I have tried and failed numerous times to give up the evil weed. I have stopped smoking cigs a few times, but then I would still smoke a baccy spliff or two in the evening, so that addiction and association of weed with tobacco never really went away.

Well...that is until now...I hope! I have recently got myself some ecigs (Vision Spinners with Kanger Mini Protanks) and am loving the experience, it is satisfying my nicotine craving. In the past when I did not have these ecigs, vaping or just combusting pure weed would obviously leave me with nicotine withdrawals.

So, these ecigs, combined with an Atmos Bullet 2 go pen for hash, and now my beloved Arizer Solo for herbs, have had me totally off the baccy or cigs for 7 days now...so I think the worst part of withdrawal is over. I still mentally want a spliff, but then the vapour is becoming tastier and tastier to me with every stem, and the spliffs are becoming a distant memory :D

I have pulled out my Green Goddess Mini Vapor bubbler and removed the nail and dome, then used s silicone ecig tip (thanks to the tips in this thread) on the top of my Solo stem which fits in the 14mm bubbler joint...water cooled vapour without the need for a GonG adaptor. I do need to turn up the heat a bit to get some clouds but this has made me love the Solo even more now! I have ordered a 14mm female PVHEGonG from PlanetVape though (the only PVHE piece in stock!), so when that comes it should be even better, I also plan to get some PHVES Turbos for dry vaping and an 18mm male PHVEGonG for my inline bubbler when they come back in stock.

I made a video just for fun to show off my Mini Vapor bubbler setup :nod:

Thanks for the tips in this thread everyone, you all helped me to pick between the Solo and the Pax or Da Vinci, and I am over the moon I chose the Solo :clap: :rockon:

thesoloman

Got busy today! made three modded stems.
Here's my favorite:science:
IMG_6323_zpsba621f57.jpg
IMG_6321_zps8ce16c2f.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey all I just thought I would come on here and say hi and that the Arizer Solo is absolutely awesome! :clap: :rockon:

Super cool video!

The SOLO is full of surprises.
Playing today with my VAPORIZING ideal for a little fun.
I got some Coil screens that I was just placing on the heating element directly and then put the flower on top the coil screen forming a heat shield. Making a little convention herb oven if you will!

I made the mistake of using GIRL SCOUT COOKIES for my flowers.

I need to do another stem with the coil in the stainless steel bowl to see if I get the same sweetness and effect.

Dreamerr

I don't understand what you did ataxian. Did you use brillo or something and put herb inside it?

Oh soloman that is sooooooooooooooooooo pretty.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ataxian

poonman

Super cool video!

The SOLO is full of surprises.
Playing today with my VAPORIZING ideal for a little fun.
I got some Coil screens that I was just placing on the heating element directly and then put the flower on top the coil screen forming a heat shield. Making a little convention herb oven if you will!

I made the mistake of using GIRL SCOUT COOKIES for my flowers.

I need to do another stem with the coil in the stainless steel bowl to see if I get the same sweetness and effect.

Nice ataxian ,
Where did you get those screens ?

mod note: Please do not quote more than necessary. Picture removed.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't understand what you did ataxian. Did you use brillo or something and put herb inside it?

Oh soloman that is sooooooooooooooooooo pretty.
OK Dreamerr you caught me goofing off!
Today is TACO TUESDAY. (LOBSTER)
All the sauces are home made.
Those stainless steel coils are fun to modify and mix up the sessions.
Testing all this vaporizing gear is a blast!
I'm medicating less we forget!

I put some GSC without grinding. Some with grinding.
I like both ways.
They both tasted amazing.
However the flower left whole was like desert!

I bought the coils on ebay pretty cheap.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200938639642?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
They do not really fit so I tweak them to work.

My wife say's, "do you have some strange obsession?
My sheath medication area looks like a smoke shop!
I laughed!

Dreamerr

I am still confused what you are doing with them. I would be throwing them against the wall. Food looks yummy is it infused with goodies? BTW it doesn't say ss so you don't know what it is made out of so be careful.

Dreamerr,
Grabbed a Xacto knife at Walmart to try scraping my dirty stems with. Worked amazingly well and now I have some good stuff sitting in the bottom of my grinder getting covered with keif = )

themosthigh,
Top Bottom