Arizer Solo

salivape

OF, yep the ring seal is as tight as it ever was. Still loose but not overly so. I worried that as the heater wasn't aligned, the stems wouldn't fit right but I guess my bad luck is over, thankfully.

My minds now at rest, now I can just enjoy the damn thing. Thanks again.

clouded vision

WTF $110 ,- thats a little bit to much for me :)
Where can i get the stylish mouthpieces everyone talk about ?
those mouthpieces are just straight glass pipes you can get at your LHS I would suggest bringing a clean stem in with you to find one that fits.
you could check out the infamous which will cost $50 shipped abd I think they are having a 4th of July sale right now but I don't know the details or promo code offhand. I never really understood the point of the aqua vape when you can get the infamous for the same price and eliminate all the tubing, nothing but glass in the vapor path.
http://www.pipesdaddy.com/mobile/default.aspx#P38255

Since I'm tred of waiting for the Ascent, I went ahead and just purchased the solo!

It might not be as small but for $90 dollars less it will have to due. I honestly never considered the solo but I have heard nothing but good things. So at that price, and the fan base behind the solo it should've been an easier buy than it was for me. I guess I really have had my heart set on a pocket size portable.

salivape

Since I'm tred of waiting for the Ascent, I went ahead and just purchased the solo!

It might not be as small but, for $90 dollars less it will have to due. I honestly never considered the solo but I have heard nothing but good things. So at that price, and the fan base behind the solo it should've been an easier buy than it was for me. I guess I really have had my heart set on a pocket size portable.

I was in the same position waiting for the ascent. I didnt regret my purchase and I dont think you will either. It may be smaller than you think. It fits in my back pocket ok, it does make a big bulge though. The stems hinder the portability a bit and make it look like a crack smoking device.. so its not as discreet as the ascent or pax would be but they are my only 2 issues with it. The functionality is spot on.

It always pays to have 2 vapes as I found out by breaking my stem in the unit, with all my tools to remove it at work.... I didn't enjoy the combustion that followed.

exit

I'll personally be SHOCKED if you get the Solo and try it out and regret your purchase of it. I was saving up for the Ascent to see if it had good reviews but they missed their chance ;) and I spend it on a Solo!

I was waiting for the ascent too, but it seemed like too much hype and not enough manafacturer backing up their own stuff (I think i was right about this), and the initial reviews were not very impressive. If it was going to live up to the hype we would have known about it, no question ,from the very first reviews. But it isn't so I think it's nothing special. I'd be shocked if it could hold it own against a Solo. :2c:

I remember trying to pick between a solo and NO2 something like 3 or 4 years ago, and the solo was still steadily coming out with new revisions that changed a lot about the unit back then so I decided to put it off for a while as they made more revisions. I'm certainly glad I waited for the newest/best Solos :D

OF

OF, yep the ring seal is as tight as it ever was. Still loose but not overly so. I worried that as the heater wasn't aligned, the stems wouldn't fit right but I guess my bad luck is over, thankfully.

My minds now at rest, now I can just enjoy the damn thing. Thanks again.

You're very welcome. It's a tough call sometimes to know what to worry about and for sure not a good time to go making guesses and resorting to tools without a plan. IMO that's exactly the sort of stuff these Forums are for, not the uses we typically put them to.....

Solo's a good machine, IMO, you should be enjoying it.....not worrying about things.

OF

clouded vision

I agree with everyone else, I wasn't saving for the ascent at all but was a little interested until I thought to myself there is no way the ascent is twice the vapor the solo is to justify being almost double the money. in fact I don't think you could make a portable that is $100+ better than the solo. like salivape said I think you will be surprised at the size of the solo, it was smaller than I thought it would be. while not the most pocket friendly vape it will still fit comfortably in my jeans pocket. you can add one of eds stems for durability or I just bring my straight stem out in a plastic blunt tube which does a great job of protecting it. also to add some stealth you can just put the solo in a small to go cup with the stem sticking through the lid like a straw

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
^^^
The solo is just all around small vaporizer that can be easily used as a desktop and can still be taken out...the power adapter makes it even better and well the design is just IMO the perfect design for a vaporizer - sure its not discreet but I don't enjoy vaporizing in public so...

Where did you find it for 90$? that's so cheap...

And IMO, we're always wait for the next big thing, I think its better to buy something trustworthy that has spent a bit of time in the market...and soon enough we'll see the mini solo and I'm gonna bet it will be awesome.

clouded vision

I think he said $90 less than the ascent which goes for about $250. the best price I have seen on a solo (except used ora lucky ebay auction) is $130 for a BIN on ebay

clouded vision,

jds32

Hey folk,

I just got one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TDNAM/

You can probably guess what happens next...

Empty 14mm PVHES GonG with screen - 10.822g
GonG filled with GodBerry - 10.930
After vaping (@ 6) with PN WT - 10.893
Empty 14mm PVHES GonG with screen - 10.822

So, there was 108mg of GodBerry in there and 37mg were gone after vaping. Therefor, 34% of the GodBerry was "active" or at least boils off under 400F.

I weighed the GonG both before and after use to determine if any abv or condensate remaining was enough to register.

Can someone please peer review my findings?

clouded vision

I didn't check your math but 34% "actives" is wrong, but if the math is right then yes 34% of substances that boiled off. it will still have water weight and other substances that will vaporize in addition ti your actives

jds32

It will still have water weight and other substances that will vaporize in addition ti your actives

THAT'S IT!

I knew I was missing something obvious. I'd need to get the moisture content way, way down to get accurate. If I try vaping at 1, that won't help because it's only 122F. At 2 and 365F, lots of stuff is boiling away.

Boiling points:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/543218-Specific-boiling-points-and-roles-of-cannabinoids

Any ideas?

FYI, OF got me started on this over in the "Vaping with Cotton" thread. I want to run these same tests with concentrates and cotton.

wilvape

I too was waiting for the ascent, but not anymore, I need a spare portable incase my solo goes down. I don't combust and don't wanna start. I have come to the conclusion that the best portable to suit my needs which is herb , no concentrates and sometimes thru water, stealth is not an issue is without a doubt hands down another 'SOLO'. The complaints that are the most frequent are stealth, hard to draw, neither one bother me. I will get another solo and the pa adapter and wait till another new portable to makes it debute Till then my solo won't be solo.

olivianewtonjohn

Hey folk,

I just got one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TDNAM/

You can probably guess what happens next...

Empty 14mm PVHES GonG with screen - 10.822g
GonG filled with GodBerry - 10.930
After vaping (@ 6) with PN WT - 10.893
Empty 14mm PVHES GonG with screen - 10.822

So, there was 108mg of GodBerry in there and 37mg were gone after vaping. Therefor, 34% of the GodBerry was "active" or at least boils off under 400F.

I weighed the GonG both before and after use to determine if any abv or condensate remaining was enough to register.

Can someone please peer review my findings?

I also bought that scale. I first bought another model but the weight of my typical chill bowl didnt even register so I returned it and bought this scale. A user suggested to add a washer to improve accuracy since apparently there is some interference (bottoms out). IDK yet since I havent had a chance to test that.

EDIT: Just weighted it. I am AMAZED. My bowl for relaxation is .02g and full non packed is .06g, thats a ridiculously low amount.

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: ataxian

jds32

I bought that scale. A user suggested to add a washer to improve accuracy since apparently there is some interference (bottoms out).

Yeah, $20 for a milligram scale left me scratching my head, but I pulled the trigger. From what I can tell, it's about +/-2mg maybe 2.5. That's the same margin of error (divided by 10) as the 100g x .01g scale I have from the same manufacturer.

In about 2 minutes I realized the execution error in the design. I'm currently using a US dime ($0.10) coin to fill the gap between the pressure plate and the "dish". I may use some of that blue-tack to hold the dime in place. If I like the scale, I may grab a sweet piece of wood off the shelf and turn a custom bowl with a correct foot for it on the wood lathe :-)

In the mean time, I'm vaping concentrates for science!

Edit: For those interested in following the thread on cotton and vaping, I've started posting here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaping-with-cotton.9892/page-2#post-417959

chib

Kush please
Is it just me or do people love when their glass stem is dripping in reclaim.

Just looks so pretty to look at, mmmm :)

chib,
Hey guys, first off thanks for all the comments and reassuring me on my purchase.

As far as accessories, I've seen mention of PVHE stems. Do the PVHE stems make that big a difference from the stock stems included with the Solo?

Stupendamatic,

Curiousone

^^agreed...thought I'd want a PVHE but they were out of stock when I originally bought my Solo. By the time they were in stock again, I was used to the stocks...Use the money for a jameco PA

I know people have been getting them off eBay, but I grabbed a PN WT from Vaporblunt's website... 20% off until 7/10. Came to about $113 with tax. Free shipping. I also have a 14mm PVHEGonG on the way. This will be my first time using water filtration with a vaporizer.

exit

I've used mine every day several times a day for weeks! How long does it take before you have a stem full of reclaim! Mine still looks barely used actually, with the exception of the flakes of ABV being stopped by a screen at the bend...

exit,
Top Bottom