Arizer Solo

lowkee00

Was looking for portability and stealth. My wife's family is not on board with my therapy, so I am trying to be accomodating.

Session: load to top lightly, turn to 4, take 5 draws, one after another. turn to 5, draw 5 more, cash bowl. about 5 minutes tops, never pull out bowl as I draw consecutive usually.

lowkee00,

lowkee00

I always start on 4; 2 hits
5; 3 hits
6; 3-4 hits

turn off.

Is this consecutive? do you wait in between puffs and do you have like a time that you take to draw? on my pax, i tried to go slowly and count to 15, seems like this is brown right away imo.

lowkee00,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
I mean one stem gets me feeling good, I'm not complaining.

I'm just itching for clouds, I miss the clouds from combusting.

I'm just not milking it right maybe. I'm waiting for PV to restock some pvhegong's so I can use my bong.

keepsake,

lowkee00

I mean one stem gets me feeling good, I'm not complaining.

I'm just itching for clouds, I miss the clouds from combusting.

I'm just not milking it right maybe. I'm waiting for PV to restock some pvhegong's so I can use my bong.

i really need 2-3 stems, but I agree it's hard to feel good about a small cloud.

lowkee00,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I typically run one load on 3 for the 12 min session, fire it up again after a stir (or tap shake in my case) and run about 5 mins or 5 (or until I don't care for the taste anymore or lack of taste at all).

Sorry, never kept a hit count personally because the reference is mute considering the different ways and limits other inhale. All I know is with the product 'I' use does 'me' fine for an hour or two for what I'm looking for for effect.

<-- Top Quality bud user here too (I can say that because it's organic & my own ;) )

**Added: If your using the stock stems, try lifting the stem off the chamber floor an 1/16th or 1/8th inch... I find this to add to the visual vapor 'if' I'm hunting for it.

Also to note, I'm still using my M102, and that even within the same model numbers there are variances of heat related to the temperature led/number.

smokum,

olivianewtonjohn

I use top meds only also, but you use 1 bowl for 24 minutes? i mean it's brown in like 4 minutes.
You are doing something wrong. I grind mine up, heat to 2 without the stem, place stem in and wait 20 or so seconds and then I start taking hits, I then increase 1 level at a time til I reach 7 I keep going until I get no more vapor. I used bowls that were small. Two bowls got me and a buddy vary medicated

olivianewtonjohn,

lowkee00

You are doing something wrong. I grind mine up, heat to 2 without the stem, place stem in and wait 20 or so seconds and then I start taking hits, I then increase 1 level at a time til I reach 7 I keep going until I get no more vapor. I used bowls that were small. Two bowls got me and a buddy vary medicated

wow, not sure what I could be doing wrong, maybe I have the world's largest tolerance. The solo is pretty much idiot proof imo. Maybe I am pulling the herb too fast but it's pretty dark on 4 after 5 minutes.

lowkee00,

olivianewtonjohn

wow, not sure what I could be doing wrong, maybe I have the world's largest tolerance. The solo is pretty much idiot proof imo. Maybe I am pulling the herb too fast but it's pretty dark on 4 after 5 minutes.
Mine comes out very brown, more black maybe. The taste isn'tgreat but I don't stop until i stop getting a hit. When the bowl is truly cached I empty it. I am usually so medicated at that point I don't really notice the taste. I didn't vape every day but did vape close to other day and 1.75 ($20) lasted me over a month

olivianewtonjohn,

olivianewtonjohn

i start on 2 and usually get 2 or 3 twelve min sessions on a full load.

then bump it to 3 and get another solid twelve min session.

the solo is amazing.
Dam. We have very diff techniques then, I don't do more than maybe 6 hits on 2. Seems like I stop getting vapor after that much and have to go up in temps

olivianewtonjohn,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
i start on 2 and usually get 2 or 3 twelve min sessions on a full load.

then bump it to 3 and get another solid twelve min session.

the solo is amazing.
This is my experience as well. Even after I'm done my abv is still a light golden brown. The ONLY time I get dark abv is when I'm vapebonging. I should mention that I had never hit a solo before last Monday, I've got the newest m1a4 model. Maybe the new models take the herb further than the older models???? Any thoughts from those that use the older models?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

lowkee00

You guys are amazing. I just tried some 3/4/5 and did more for longer, but still might have pulled early. I did say I enjoyed setting 3, as I never got lower than 370 on the pax. I guess it took me time to find the pax amazing, I guess only time will make me appreciate how cool this tool is.

lowkee00,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I've never tried a Solo, but the varying descriptions I see posted here all scream "draw speed" at me. If you're getting light brown or greenish ABV then you probably are pulling too hard. I've never heard of a vapourizer that benefited from drawing harder once it felt restricted, so that should tell you how gently you have to pull.

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Does your stem get pretty cloudy when you're pulling on 2?

It gets harder to see any vapor moving thru the stem when I draw harder.

So I always draw pretty slow, I try to see the vapor actually flow thru the stem.

keepsake,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
I picked up a Solo recently for my mother-in-law. She LOVES it. I like it a lot too....and will most likely acquire one after things settle down a bit(in the middle of a move). Seems it'd fit in nicely with my line up...

There's been some discussion on here about worked/colored stems. I have a number of friends who are glass blowers...when I get a solo I will certainly investigate getting a custom stem made...and when that happens, I'll report back.

Cheers!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
You know what's funny? I always questioned the durability of my Solo until today.
My friend accidentally ran over the Solo and the straight stem with his mustang.... The Solo is still intact and the glass stem isn't even cracked. It works the same as before too!
How the hell do you accidentally run over a vaporizer???

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Right on Al, I actually was thinking along those lines as well. A straw for 'out and about' and a worked stem for the house. :cool:

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
There's been some discussion on here about worked/colored stems. I have a number of friends who are glass blowers...when I get a solo I will certainly investigate getting a custom stem made...and when that happens, I'll report back.

Cheers!

Please do! I'm really eager to get my hands on something like this. :)

sam reynolds,

drbluntastik

I love the idea of a McDonalds straw styled tube. Better than the stealth adapted and straw idea. Maybe closer to the size of an actual straw. Just ordered my solo this morning. So exited

drbluntastik,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Ok guys, a little help would be appreciated.

I think my original M102 is on its last legs :|

Basically, last night I went to use it, so I packed a stem, turned on the solo and set it to 4.

After about 5 minutes, I noticed it was still only showing a heat level of 1, and the heater light was on solid, not flashing.
(Interestingly, the top of the stem was warm, so it definitely heated up a little bit)

I tried plugging it into the charger, and I just get a flashing green light, no indicators of the current batt level at all.

I then did a search here, and found this:
I copied the mail from Kevin for you here!

You may be able to manually reset your Solo.
Please try the following:
  • plug in the Solo unit to charger
  • press and hold both buttons for approximately 4 seconds
  • wait for 10 seconds then unplug from charger
Once you have done this try out the unit again.
If the problem persists, please let me know and I will advise you further.

Best Regards,
Kevin,
Arizer Tech

GOOD LUCK, I hope you manage to get it going again.
BTW If you have a PA you probably will still be able to use the Solo.

So I tried that, and it now seems to be heating up properly :)
But I still get the strange charging behaviour of just a flashing green light :\

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this or what I should do with it?
(I'm hoping it just means I no longer have the batt indicator while charging, but everything else will run ok :shrug:)

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Red Indy
Top Bottom