Arizer Solo

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So back to the solo ... after I sold my rude boy and killed my cloud
I can't wait to have the 14mm to 18mm gong adapter from PV!

I miss water filtration so much...

PV told me to be careful when connection the joints so I'm thinking about putting some coconut oil so it slides in out and easily...coconut oil is so friendly I want to eat it !!!

Did rub my wood stem with coconut oil and results were great!

I have an 18mm gong adapter from PV, I wish u hadn't gotten one with the carb. That little mf gets hot as hell, Imo go with no carb.

mvapes,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I have an 18mm gong adapter from PV, I wish u hadn't gotten one with the carb. That little mf gets hot as hell, Imo go with no carb.

as if I know what you're talking about? its already sent...as far as I know... but anyway - I don't see that happening...since the GONG is attached to the wood which is not hot at all!

m0sh,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
as if I know what you're talking about? its already sent...as far as I know... but anyway - I don't see that happening...since the GONG is attached to the wood which is not hot at all!

When you order your adapter (gong) as you mentioned they will ask if you want a carb or not. A gong has nothing to do with wood so I assumed your using it just like anyone else. The glass gets super hot so putting your finger over a carb will burn. That's what I was saying.

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
When you order your adapter (gong) as you mentioned they will ask if you want a carb or not. A gong has nothing to do with wood so I assumed your using it just like anyone else. The glass gets super hot so putting your finger over a carb will burn. That's what I was saying.

I just pm'd you about shipping you the 14/18 adapter.

mvapes,

steven22

Hey , I asked this question few months back and I wanted to know if there is an update on how to replace the battery in the solo.

I know how to access it and everything, Just wanted to know a good affordable brand and model to buy.

Thanks

steven22,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So after being swept up in a Cloud for the last week or so, I have to admit, I have not used the Solo much. I am packing for a road trip, and putting together my travel vape set up. I fired up the solo, loaded the PVHES shortie, put the AquaVape on top, and ripped a bowl on 4. I really enjoy how much more I can taste the flavor of the vapor from the Solo, so sweet. A little gear check before I pack it away :ko: yep, it works! I sure will enjoy having my Solo out in the woods for the weekend! It would be so sweet if PV is able to come up with that fbomb or what ever they have up their sleeves for the Solo. My AquaVape works well, but it's a bit silly having a 4" stem, then a 5" water chamber on top of the Solo. Sorta reminds me of Dali art or something.:whoa:

Jhonny

Jhonny,

poonman

someone should consider to sell premade battery packs for the solo.... I would be the 1st customer!

Agreed ...100 % .
Someone like ...Arizer ?
We ALL know batteries do not last forever and starts to lose it's charge over time .
We ALL know the batteries will need to be replaced eventually .

Now even though we have a 2 year warranty on the unit itself .
But only a 1 year warranty on the battery .
Without the battery part , what are you left with ? room decor ?

I think I've read on this thread , that Arizer is offering that service if you send it in under warranty ?
And yes , I have purchased the external PA for direct AC power usage . ( highly recommended )
But that defeats the portability of the Solo .
Plus also , I'm definitely not a handyman , and probably won't try to attempt to change the battery
myself . I still can't figure out where it's located .

Still Loving my 1 month old Solo .:rockon:

poonman,
Reactions: Jurassic

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Agreed ...100 % .
Someone like ...Arizer ?
We ALL know batteries do not last forever and starts to lose it's charge over time .
We ALL know the batteries will need to be replaced eventually .

Now even though we have a 2 year warranty on the unit itself .
But only a 1 year warranty on the battery .
Without the battery part , what are you left with ? room decor ?

I think I've read on this thread , that Arizer is offering that service if you send it in under warranty ?
And yes , I have purchased the external PA for direct AC power usage . ( highly recommended )
But that defeats the portability of the Solo .
Plus also , I'm definitely not a handyman , and probably won't try to attempt to change the battery
myself . I still can't figure out where it's located .

Still Loving my 1 month old Solo .:rockon:

Huh arizer offers battery replacement what I posted was the DIY. This covered in the wiki. There is no cause for concern.

ru_frothi,

Jurassic

Hey poon, it's super easy to get at the battery, just remove the 4 screws from the bottom and slide it open. You'll want to do this anyway regularily as ABV gets all in there pretty quickly, so you'll wanna blow it out.

Glad you're enjoying your Solo...i've moved on to the Inhalater :)

Jurassic,
Reactions: poonman

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Hey poon, it's super easy to get at the battery, just remove the 4 screws from the bottom and slide it open. You'll want to do this anyway regularily as ABV gets all in there pretty quickly, so you'll wanna blow it out.

Glad you're enjoying your Solo...i've moved on to the Inhalater :)

i haven't EVER done this... maybe i should... thanks for the tip

mmenzie,
Reactions: Jurassic

Zookeeper

Hope PV has PVHES bent shorties in stock soon. I need to order one, along with my EQ repair glass. Solo will be here soon, and i want to start things off right!

going with the 4 hole, and gonna get a pack of screens to play with.

Anyone think I will regret getting a shorty bowl over the reg size?

Zookeeper,

Nic

Hope PV has PVHES bent shorties in stock soon. I need to order one, along with my EQ repair glass. Solo will be here soon, and i want to start things off right!

going with the 4 hole, and gonna get a pack of screens to play with.

Anyone think I will regret getting a shorty bowl over the reg size?

I prefer the shorty!! My bent shorty is one of my go-to stems. You will not regret it at all!

Nic,

Jurassic

It's been over a year now, i'm wondering if Arizer will make any changes and release a v.2 soon? I won't hold my breathe, but look at how many Extreme versions there were.

Jurassic,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hey guys, I want to apologize for not moving faster on those battery packs I was talking about a while back. I've been in contact with three different pack manufacturers and experimenting with cells ffor best performance with the solo.

I've completely decided against tenergy, who is terrible, and eneloop, who nearly caused me to loose a finger once. AW's are popular but are heavily counterfeit'd and I have not found a source I trust for them.

However, I was pointed to a brand of cells by a fellow vaporist called callies kustoms. These are 3100 mah cells made custom by Panasonic with some damn impressive specs. Reviews seem to be positive all across the board too, which is rare, for batteries at least. I'm waiting on mine to come in to see if they perform as advertised, and if so I will make packs for the solo with them.

Just to get an idea of demand, who here would be interested in a high performance solo battery pack?

MacNcheesePLZ

HI-Temp Vaporist
I would be interested... this still requires soldering though right? Or is it just a plug? Either way I'm still down.

MacNcheesePLZ,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm going to do my best to get the jst::rcy headers, but that's not so much the hard part as it is getting it on the leads without buying or renting their crazy expensive crimping machines. What I'm trying to do instead is buy them pre crimped and then soldering them on to the packs.

If that does not work out then they will need to be soldered. But that's a worst case scenario. I'd really rather provide them with the headers on it.

McWow

hey guys, tried searching for m106 m105 m107 but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. The guys at vaporizerfast.com said that there is no differnce between m105 and m107, does this mean the m1d is also the same? my local headshop a silver m105 that i've had my eye one but they want $260 for it, seems steep if it is a outdated/inferior model. anyone who can help it would be much appreciated, thanks!
You can get the m107 model for $249. Granted you'd still have to pay shipping but they put in free stuff to make up for that. http://smokinjs.com/store/product/3534/Solo-Arizer-Portable-Vaporizer/

McWow,

Jurassic

Top Bottom