Arizer Solo

poonman

Or support our trusted friend Randy at Puffitup for $160 free shipping latest M1D model. oh yeah, and free quality 4 piece grinder. No brainer!

If anyone knows of a better deal from a reputable authorized retailer please do share.

No , I just checked their site .
It's no longer on sale for 160
Dang !!!

and Oh ,
Is CZ taking pre-orders for the super battery pack ?
I'm in .

poonman,

Jurassic

You must be doing something wrong poon, the SOLO160 still surely does work!! Props to PIU for such a wicked deal, and for soooo long.

Just to get an idea of demand, who here would be interested in a high performance solo battery pack?

What would be a ballpark cost? And what exactly will this do, provide a longer battery life for usage? Any other benefit?

Jurassic,

poonman

You must be doing something wrong poon, the SOLO160 still surely does work!! Props to PIU for such a wicked deal, and for soooo long.

You are correct my friend !!!
If you scroll down the Solo page , at the bottom , it has it listed for $150 ( Black )
But why don't they have it at the top part of page and even on the Home page menu is listed for $249

Maybe I should get some sleeeeeep .

poonman,

Jurassic

Yeah the M107's are $150. The newest (M1D) is listed as 249 cuz that's regular price until you input the discount code.

Jurassic,

poonman

Yeah the M107's are $150. The newest (M1D) is listed as 249 cuz that's regular price until you input the discount code.

Not to confuse Jhonny anymore ,
But I was told that the new M1D = M107,M108 .
Either way , you'll be getting the latest version from PIU .
You will not be disappointed .

Sometimes Randy is online and can respond quickly .
Tell him FC referred you and the Poonman says Hi .

Happy Vaping

poonman,
No , I just checked their site .
It's no longer on sale for 160
Dang !!!

and Oh ,
I'm in .
I just checked and it is on sale for $160 with a free grinder still. You need to go on the site and when you click on the solo there is a spot where it says "click for the best price" Then a picture of bender comes up with the solo in his hand for $160.

EDIT: Someone already answered it.

Jurassic

the sequence is something like this:

M102, M103, M104, M105, M106, M107, M1D. AFAIK, there may be something after M1D now but i'm not positive. Regardless, for the record, M102 to M104 were the older flaky ceramic models, M105 they made the switch to SS bowls, and had a lower temp profile, and then M106/M107/M1D they upped the heat back to normal levels. You can't go wrong with an M106/M107/M1D though, and personally i'd avoid anything else.

Jurassic,
Reactions: poonman

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm in .

not yet, but I will as soon as I finish building a working prototype that passes my tests. I want to make sure I can get this built up proper before I start stringing people up for them.

Good news however, I've found a source for pre-crimped JST::RCY connectors, as well as a protection circuit which seems to be the perfect size for the Solo's battery compartment. I've placed orders, just waiting on the parts.

poonman

I just checked and it is on sale for $160 with a free grinder still. You need to go on the site and when you click on the solo there is a spot where it says "click for the best price" Then a picture of bender comes up with the solo in his hand for $160.

EDIT: Someone already answered it.

Plus , I think everyone is getting the Silver color units .
Because they are selling the Black color units for $ 150 ???
At least I hope , I got that one correct .:doh:

If that's true , I don't see the color will make any difference in my enjoyment of the Solo .
My wallet will enjoy the difference . Fudge , that is a long freakin sale at PIU .:clap:

poonman,

poonman

not yet, but I will as soon as I finish building a working prototype that passes my tests. I want to make sure I can get this built up proper before I start stringing people up for them.

Good news however, I've found a source for pre-crimped JST::RCY connectors, as well as a protection circuit which seems to be the perfect size for the Solo's battery compartment. I've placed orders, just waiting on the parts.

Excellent .
I also agree with the earlier comment of " no soldering needed " please .
For us laymen who just wants an easy slide it in .( giggiddy )

Double posted ; sorry

poonman,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms

Excellent i've been looking into this myself too but if the price is right and you ship to europe id go for them. Typically the battery life on the solo is about 1 hour 24 minutes if you start on 2 then go 4 then 7 as it thins off or less than an hour if you use it on 7 constantly. To charge the battery from flat takes me 2 hours 48 minutes at a rate of 620mA @ 12.24v. Now from what I found when testing the unit at 8.5v using AC adapter it uses more when heating I found as you turned it on it pulsed slow at 1.2A as the temp got up then it started backing off to 800mA and pulsing faster and then trimming at around 600mA - 750mA then staying at 750mA and pulsing slower as you inhale. Hopefully this may help you when looking at discharge curves of battery specifications.

On another note in the planetvape thread they are discussing the possible custom solo water attachment designs based on peoples needs before they get finalized and released. One design is for a big chunky device requiring multiple parts and careful handling but another is for a super slimline one that is no bigger than a regular tube for uber stealthlyness and ease of use. Pop over and vote on which one you think will be better for the solo. :D

Forum link below
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/p...-vapes-on-the-planet.4404/page-20#post-264147

AceTK,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
On another note in the planetvape thread they are discussing the possible custom solo water attachment designs based on peoples needs before they get finalized and released. One design is for a big chunky device requiring a multiple parts and careful handling but another is for a super slimline one that is no bigger than a regular tube for uber stealthlyness and ease of use. Pop over and vote on which one you think will be better for the solo.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/p...-vapes-on-the-planet.4404/page-20#post-264147

You're kinda "leading the witness" :lol:

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
You're kinda "leading the witness" :lol:

Lol I'm excited about solo exclusive accessories. I just spoke over in the other thread and the new slimline unit I describe is called the PVH2O and is already in the design phase. I may have overstated about the other design a little but really its meant for more than one vape so the design has to accomodate that. I'm sure there are lots of solo users like myself who would rather an ultraslim custom fit solo exclusive tube nearly no bigger than the existing tubes, pocketable and fits into a standard doob tube.

AceTK,
Reactions: Jurassic

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Cool stuff centiZen will def be following, those Callie custom packs would be crazy amazing. On another note, has anyone else ever day dreamt about how cool the solo would look in a wooden casing? Like a log vape almost and you could extend the base to fit the power supply even a right angle adapter. Also the top could be shaped to accept a stem or wooden stem more carefully with better airlfow. With the easy to remove sliding casing, I feel like with the right lathe it could be a fun solo mod. (here's looking at you Ed) cheers solo'ers

kushcabbage,

dorkus_molorkus

@frederick- I have been out of this thread for a bit, and only just read about your question regarding strange blinking lights. I did a quick scan of the rest of the thread & didnt notice a reply.

Both of my solo's started doing this. My original M103 was replaced (but I got to keep it) with a m106.
The m103 started doing it ages ago, I never really liked it compared to the m106 so I dont use it much.
The m106 started doing it only a month or so ago, I havent noticed any difference in performance.

But it has been my daily driver while my ud was overseas for a makeover, although if its not in my bong its on the charger.

I would say 'hope this helps', but in reality it probably doesnt. lol

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Any specific differences between m107 and m1d? My black m1d Teflon ring broke, I prefer it over the silver which I have a m107. I switched the bodies of the two.. Just curious :tinfoil:

kushcabbage,

mr_

Any body find a good replacement stem cap other than the MFLB battery caps?

I only have 1 battery cap for 3 stems, and I kind of like having stems pre-packed. I've heard of saran wrap but that just sounds like it would melt if it touched a hot stem.

The battery caps do a good job of holding up to the heat but I don't need anything else from any vendors.

Home depot maybe?

mr_,

mr_

Also, anyone buy the power adapter and never end up using it? I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger for vapor-bonging but not sure I'll use it as much as I'd like.

mr_,

mr_

I wish I could find something similar to the MFLB battery caps locally at Home Depot or something.

I'd say the size is about 3/8", as a 1/2" screen can be slightly too big for the bowl.

mr_,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Hmm I don't know of any replacements sorry. But I will say it would be good to know what the caps are made of so we can tell if any off gassing or micro particles sticking to the tube that could potentially gunk up my solo or worse be inhaled. So far I just use the caps to preload a bowl on a cold stem which works great. If you do find a replacement cap do checks and make sure its safe for hot caps. The solo can get up at 230c so really you want a material that has good safety margin and is safe up to 300c+ like the stuff in the solo itself which if I remember correctly is mica and thermoplastic.

AceTK,

Jurassic

I wish I could find something similar to the MFLB battery caps locally at Home Depot or something.

I'd say the size is about 3/8", as a 1/2" screen can be slightly too big for the bowl.

Are you THAT hard up for cash? lol They're $1.49 for 2 at Planet Vape :) I used to have a bunch but not anymore, otherwise I would have mailed them to you for free.

Hmm I don't know of any replacements sorry. But I will say it would be good to know what the caps are made of so we can tell if any off gassing or micro particles sticking to the tube that could potentially gunk up my solo or worse be inhaled. So far I just use the caps to preload a bowl on a cold stem which works great. If you do find a replacement cap do checks and make sure its safe for hot caps. The solo can get up at 230c so really you want a material that has good safety margin and is safe up to 300c+ like the stuff in the solo itself which if I remember correctly is mica and thermoplastic.

You make some good points AceTk, I personally hated them because the contents of my bowl would stick to the insides so I just used saran wrap. I never had the need to cap a hot stem, but i'd be concerned as well about how resilient they were to the heat, considering that wasn't there true intention of application I don't think, but may be wrong.

There has to be some sort of high heat teflon tape or something that works for hot glass though.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
the tape plumbers use for drain threads is heat resistant teflon tape. I have it wrapped around all my wooden stems, will try to wrap around glass stem.

kushcabbage,

Jurassic

Hey kushcab, never thought of that.... it's sometimes a nightmare to work with if you don't have scissors and you tear it...shreds everything.

Honestly though, if you use the battery caps on a hot glass stem, does it really even leave any residue? I've only use them on cold stems for preloads.

Jurassic,
Top Bottom