Arizer Solo

Q_

Q...I think hte Solo is an excellent log vape replacement. I don't use my logs around the house anymore (except my HI with a bubbler) since getting my Solo.

Thanks. I've lurked enough to think your opinion counts for something. I'm ordering a solo, a CRZ, and a Pax, to replace an MFLB and a MZ. I only need one portable and one home unit, so there will be a lot of stuff sitting on the shelf, but I have to try them to see what works best for me.

Q_,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I have a question and hope someone knows... I have an Iolite. It has a spring-like thing holding screen in place. Anyone tried that spring/screen in the bottom chamber of a Solo? I looked at each and both and it looks like it should work. That would be a very simple and effective way to get the bowl off the bottom of the chamber, would it not? It might also work to screen the (2/3/4) holes in the glass easily (not that that isn't simple anyhow...)
I am hesitant to try, as I have no spare spring/screen for the Iolite and don't have the initiative or ability to try right now... So, all of you who have already done this and posted about it 10 pages back, forgive a newbie and let me know : does it work or not? ... And I thank you in advance...

I actually did try, it doesn't fit. Now, with that being said - I tried it for a whole different reason. I had hoped the spring would fit around the outside of the glass in order to tighten up the fit for the stem. Unfortunately it didn't fit either way. BTW - No2 screens fit absolutely perfectly in the solo stems and their already shaped like a cup.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Thanks. I've lurked enough to think your opinion counts for something. I'm ordering a solo, a CRZ, and a Pax, to replace an MFLB and a MZ. I only need one portable and one home unit, so there will be a lot of stuff sitting on the shelf, but I have to try them to see what works best for me.

when you get to a 50 message count in this forum you will be then qualified to list your unused vapes in the classified section of the forum and get recoup some of your money back. that's what i have been waiting to do so i can sell my MFLB that i never use.

hey look at that..... this post takes me to the 50 message count limit... YAY!!! my MFLB will be up for sale soon!!

mmenzie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
when you get to a 50 message count in this forum you will be then qualified to list your unused vapes in the classified section of the forum and get recoup some of your money back. that's what i have been waiting to do so i can sell my MFLB that i never use.

hey look at that..... this post takes me to the 50 message count limit... YAY!!! my MFLB will be up for sale soon!!

NO SELLING IN THIS THREAD!!!

just fucking with you...congrats on the 50th post! now go make some $$$.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

That would be a respectable lineup! May I suggest holding off on the CRZ to see if you need it after the Solo? Maybe order the Solo first, then the PAX (unless you want to do that one at the same time), then the CRZ if the Solo doesn't quite do it for you (but it sure does it for me).

If I were starting from scratch right now I would get on the Cloud and HI waiting lists and order a Solo. That would get me up to speed for any situation except what the MFLB calls for. And right now there are enough options to compete with the MFLB that I am just going to wait and see which one proves to be the people's choice around here.

Buenas noches y buenos das :) I was wondering the net for hard cases, since to read 184 pages again to find a case looks to me ridiculous, and some members of this forum get really mad with new people that ask questions ( I wonder if those members were knowing everything about life since they were born :) cheers for that and thanks we have smart people in this world). Ok, enough talk, cut the cheese to the point,

http://www.pelican-case.com/1150.html

There are many more, in cigar cases like Cigar Kady or Caddy or etc. Just search, and sorry that my search ended in a gun related site, I don't support guns, wars or violence, but those Pelicans things are worth a look.
Screw Vape Case, almost $45 for cheap plastic, those gun hard cases are the real deal. But again, how screwed we are when the best solutions for our everyday life come from gun/war related sites :(
Have a nice day and I hope this helps someone.

p.d: sorry if the link is not really linked, but it's something else to add so people can complaint against newbies :)

So I was looking around for a good case for my Solo recently and came across this post when I searched "Pelican" in the Solo thread (over four months old). I prefer Pelican cases because of their quality so I wanted to see which one was most similar to the Solo Vape Case. iloveb00bs was one of the only people I found with one of these cases so I asked him to give me the measurements of the inside of the Vape Case and he responded in less than thirty minutes (thanks again man, I really appreciated that). I also noticed how this^ post was made by a member who posts quite frequently in this thread and who recently went off on a few people who asked questions about the Solo.

Zangano Cruel, you were also once one of these "newbies" who thought reading 184 pages of a thread was ridiculous when you just needed a simple, quick answer. I've only had my Solo for four days now and have had zero problems operating it since it's pretty user-friendly. I totally understand how annoying and frustrating it is when new members ask the most obvious questions about some of the more established vapes (i.e. the Cloud), but just take a deep breath or draw from your Solo and answer their simple question in a friendly manner. This forum has schooled me so much on vapes and glass, and if it wasn't for some of these great members I might not know what I do now. I use this forum for gaining knowledge about vapes mostly and only post when I feel it's helpful/necessary.

It's great that FC is made up of mostly mature, helpful, chill people who all share the same passion so let's keep it that way and take it easier on people new to the forum who ask the same questions that were answered 100-200 pages ago in certain threads. I'm sorry for rambling, but it just pisses me off when I see people go off on others for asking certain questions. I know there's a Search option for these threads, but it's hard to really find the info. you're looking for unless you type it in word-for-word. Let's lose the elitist attitude because you've been posting in a certain thread for a year or however long it's been. :peace: :love: :leaf:

To be honest, I couldn't care less if I have to set a light to "4" or "6' as long as I get predictable results. As for "flow" it appears from dilligent reading of posts that this is hardly limited to a M105 (hence alternative stems). But your post makes me curious - what do you mean by "kill the flow" - is your experience with the glass thqt it needs further impedence?
I mean I got too much flow and airy hits on my M105. So I would pack the shit out of the stem and it would make it flow less so therefore I was able to get more even extraction. I used it as my party bowl as I would jam at least .5 in there. That was the last model that I have tried and can comment on btw.

VapeNStone,

MrNorml

I actually did try, it doesn't fit. Now, with that being said - I tried it for a whole different reason. I had hoped the spring would fit around the outside of the glass in order to tighten up the fit for the stem. Unfortunately it didn't fit either way. BTW - No2 screens fit absolutely perfectly in the solo stems and their already shaped like a cup.
Thanks for that. I was considering the abilities of all the iolite users joining the Solo wagon together with the 2 basic problems I see in the glass stem and bowl setup as it comes from the factory.

MrNorml,
Reactions: mvapes

Maynard G Krebs

So I was looking around for a good case for my Solo recently and came across this post when I searched "Pelican" in the Solo thread (over four months old). I prefer Pelican cases because of their quality so I wanted to see which one was most similar to the Solo Vape Case. iloveb00bs was one of the only people I found with one of these cases so I asked him to give me the measurements of the inside of the Vape Case and he responded in less than thirty minutes (thanks again man, I really appreciated that). I also noticed how this^ post was made by a member who posts quite frequently in this thread and who recently went off on a few people who asked questions about the Solo.

Zangano Cruel, you were also once one of these "newbies" who thought reading 184 pages of a thread was ridiculous when you just needed a simple, quick answer. I've only had my Solo for four days now and have had zero problems operating it since it's pretty user-friendly. I totally understand how annoying and frustrating it is when new members ask the most obvious questions about some of the more established vapes (i.e. the Cloud), but just take a deep breath or draw from your Solo and answer their simple question in a friendly manner. This forum has schooled me so much on vapes and glass, and if it wasn't for some of these great members I might not know what I do now. I use this forum for gaining knowledge about vapes mostly and only post when I feel it's helpful/necessary.

It's great that FC is made up of mostly mature, helpful, chill people who all share the same passion so let's keep it that way and take it easier on people new to the forum who ask the same questions that were answered 100-200 pages ago in certain threads. I'm sorry for rambling, but it just pisses me off when I see people go off on others for asking certain questions. I know there's a Search option for these threads, but it's hard to really find the info. you're looking for unless you type it in word-for-word. Let's lose the elitist attitude because you've been posting in a certain thread for a year or however long it's been. :peace: :love: :leaf:

So.. with all that said, which one of the Pelican cases closest matches the size of the Vapecase?

mgk

Maynard G Krebs,

SoloVape

Fucking Combustion since 2010.
Vito put together a video showing off a panasonic camcorder case that works quite well... go back a few pages and check it out. I looked up the case on ebay, $13.99

SoloVape,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Just ordered one of these and can't wait till it gets here! Is there a less expensive (Amazon or eBay) car charger that is confirmed to charge the unit other than the "official" $20 one? Thanks!

happyTrails,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Just ordered one of these and can't wait till it gets here! Couple of questions. Is there a less expensive (Amazon or eBay) car charger that is confirmed to charge the unit other than the "official" $30 one? Can it be run when hooked up to the car charger? Thanks!
Make yourself a favor and google for a good car inverter.
Arizer OEM car chargers are just cheapo worst Q Chinese crap car charger ever. Maybe 2cents cost sold by $30. I returned it promptly ASA I got it, telling my retailer what I thought of Arizer OEM car charger :) they agreed and refund me ASAP, kudos to my retailer.
I got one myself the first time, believing they would be constructed like the OEM Arizer bypass wall Power Adapter, only to be compatible with the Solo, but not, just generic crap.
That Arizer bypass PA IMO is the worthiest thing for a Solo.
You don't drain your battery while using it plugged.
If you have your Solo topped to charge you'll be fine to go ASA you cut the cord :)

I know the bypass PA don't charge the Solo while using it.
I don't have experience with the car charger because I didn't drive and vape plugged it in, I own a manual car and can get really tricky with cords in the middle while driving and shifting, sorry.

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: poonman

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Good to know Zangano! Thanks. I have a car inverter and will plan to just use that... Imagine I will be using my UD at home still when being tethered to a cord is a non issue, but good to know that the PA is worth it.

happyTrails,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I don't know if it's advisable, but I've had no issues whatsoever using a standard unregulated car charger that was about £2 off ebay. It's got a 2.1mm plug, so I had to get a 1.7mm adaptor, which was only about £1 more. I'm not sure if the Arizer version is regulated or not- it looks kinda small compared to regulated car chargers I've seen in the past. :2c:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I am about to order the standard GonG adapter from PV - can anyone just tell me if I should go with the carb'd version or not? Whats the difference. I searched the thread and couldn't find any conversation about the actual carb issue.

mvapes,
So.. with all that said, which one of the Pelican cases closest matches the size of the Vapecase?

mgk

Haha oh yeah, the Pelican 1150 if you plan the foam right. If you look at the way they cut the foam for the Vape Case, don't cut that much space for the charger. Instead of laying it on its side, cut a space that's slimmer and deeper so it goes in prongs-down and the cord lays on top of it. The Pelican is $10 cheaper and much better quality, also has a handle and better locking capabilities.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I am about to order the standard GonG adapter from PV - can anyone just tell me if I should go with the carb'd version or not? Whats the difference. I searched the thread and couldn't find any conversation about the actual carb issue.
I have the non-carbed version, and after using it for a while, I wish I had gone with the carbed version. To me it's a little bit of a pain to have to lift off the stem (w/ solo affixed above it) to clear each hit. If I had the carbed version, it would just be a matter of removing my finger from covering the carb hole.

Differen't Strokes I guess. Either carbed or non-carbed the stems are worth it IMO.

:2c:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I have 2 of the non carbed ones, and I'm very happy with them.

I'm happy pulling out the solo+stem to clear, and I don't plan on going carbed for when I get a GonG pvhes.

Stu said it best
Differen't Strokes I guess. Either carbed or non-carbed the stems are worth it IMO.

:2c:

Frederick McGuire,

MrNorml

Just ordered one of these and can't wait till it gets here! Is there a less expensive (Amazon or eBay) car charger that is confirmed to charge the unit other than the "official" $20 one? Thanks!
I personally find the 12V to 110V converters that plug into the lighter work absolutely fantastic, easy to find, cheap. Of course, you could use it for your Extreme Q in the car too!

MrNorml,
Reactions: poonman

poonman

I personally find the 12V to 110V converters that plug into the lighter work absolutely fantastic, easy to find, cheap. Of course, you could use it for your Extreme Q in the car too!

True
Now I can also shave in the car too :)
Mine has a 3 prong outlet .

poonman,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I don't know if it's advisable, but I've had no issues whatsoever using a standard unregulated car charger that was about £2 off ebay. It's got a 2.1mm plug, so I had to get a 1.7mm adaptor, which was only about £1 more. I'm not sure if the Arizer version is regulated or not- it looks kinda small compared to regulated car chargers I've seen in the past. :2c:
Yea,well done Wat.
You need to see that POS with your own eyes to believe it.
When I see it, was like, are you kidding me?? $30??? :)
From now on , lesson learned, OEM mostly all the time are generic crap disguised as cool/labeled/branded with a total 1000% at least mark-up profit :(
No more OEM for me unless totally needed, like this infamous bypass PA :)

Zangano Cruel,
Top Bottom