Arizer Solo

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I am about to order the standard GonG adapter from PV - can anyone just tell me if I should go with the carb'd version or not? Whats the difference. I searched the thread and couldn't find any conversation about the actual carb issue.
If you look again at my mods, you'll never need a carbed PV GonG.
I know we had some differences before,
but forget our quarrels and pay attention to this:
Make yourself a favor and order from PV,
#1..... 1x. Y GonG adapter
#2..... 1x. Glass stopper
#3..... 1x. PV GonG stem :)
All these items are sold by them.

When you receive your stuff from PV, unless you got lucky and they had available the PVHESGonG,
get yourself a Dremmel and modified the GonG stem, make it full turbo, aka drill that unnecessary 4 holed glass screen, place 2 domed SS screen .5", like a domed sandwich , and voila, ready to go.
Check my posts and videos for more info.
Peace and enjoy the best portable with IMO the best modifications you can make for free :)

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
If you look again at my mods, you'll never need a carbed PV GonG.
I know we had some differences before,
but forget our quarrels and pay attention to this:
Make yourself a favor and order from PV,
#1..... 1x. Y GonG adapter
#2..... 1x. Glass stopper
#3..... 1x. PV GonG stem :)
All these items are sold by them.

When you receive your stuff from PV, unless you got lucky and they had available the PVHESGonG,
get yourself a Dremmel and modified the GonG stem, make it full turbo, aka drill that unnecessary 4 holed glass screen, place 2 domed SS screen .5", like a domed sandwich , and voila, ready to go.
Check my posts and videos for more info.
Peace and enjoy the best portable with IMO the best modifications you can make for free :)

Bro - thanks, I am going to do this. I actually have a brand new dremmel that I am dying to use. If I have any issues finding your posts I will definitely PM you. :peace:

I also wanted to let everyone know that I tried the milk trick with my solo stem - sticksstones actually mentioned it in the past as he heard it from someone else - its f*cking awesome! I filled a pot with enough milk to submerge my straight solo stem in (obviously full of vapor-honey), brought the milk to a boil and let it simmer for a few minutes until all the ickyness parted the glass and now was floating in the milk. The stem came out clean as a whistle - I added some *bosco* to the milk and enjoyed the best hot chocolate I've had in ages. And by best I mean it got me stoned! :drool:

mvapes,
I am about to order the standard GonG adapter from PV - can anyone just tell me if I should go with the carb'd version or not? Whats the difference. I searched the thread and couldn't find any conversation about the actual carb issue.
Did you really just ask what's the difference between a carb and no carb? Are you sure you consume weed? Think about it

VapeNStone,

vape4life

Banned for life
IMO, if you place a SS screen in the bottom of the heating chamber you should solve the tight fit airflow entrance to the stem. Do you ever tried that?? If you want, you can even add a couple slits to the rim, or one at a time and test for airflow, the way I did it.
You wouldn't need any channels, slits on the rim or whatever. Look at the simplest glass stems being made by log manufacterers.
IMO, those channels only cool down the area in between the heating chamber and the glass stem, creating a faster cold air intake from the top of the Solo heating chamber, Tintest already explained this like 100 posts before, creating uneven vaped material at the top of the loading chamber of the stem... makes sense???

If you just manage & prevent the stem from touching the bottom of the heating chamber, you'll succeed and get like 30% more airflow(even with the stock 4 holed glass screen), like PV stated airflow...
After that SS modification, if you drill that glass screen you'll get the 100% more airflow, IMO.

Maybe at the first pull is less airflow, but after the air being compressed and heated in between the heating chamber and the glass stem, ASA enters the Solo stem chamber,
it escapes really fast through the full turbo bored stem :) thus creating more airflow, makes sense??, it's like flasks bongs, after you fill them with vapor, is a piece of cake to get a massive huge rip :)
I hope this make sense and we don't fight :) and argue.

BTW, all my mods been done to Arizer stock stems(4holes) and PV Solo stems and GonG stem adapters.
So I bought before from PV, if it's that the reason why you are upset with me.
I'm not trying to put down PV work, but I think it can be upgraded.
BTW, when I'm done with my own stems, I'll SEND YOU 1 FOR FREE, if you don't like it, you can criticize it or dislike it, but pass it on, maybe someone enjoy it !!!!

BTW, how do you know PV has done all research possible??? Do you work for them???

I already stated before in my posts that my own homemade mods upgraded airflow in more than a hundred percent IMO, yes more than a 100 %, so when PV states 30 % only, is like, what am I doing??

I really want to see what means, is properly done for you???

FYI all PV Solo stem GonG joints are the lowest quality I ever tried, all uneven cut and a pain in the butt at the moment of cleaning that huge vapor cloud from glass pieces, they always get stuck, making a simple task really complicated and clumsy when dealing with glass, water and electricity. Happened to me, unstucked suddenly making the Solo fly to the air :(
Have really sloppy welds and many huge imperfections.
IMO they are using the cheapest glass at hand available.
And considering the price, IMO, $20 bucks or more shipped to the US, I've seen A/Cs for almost that price coming from Canada as well, with a lot of work and much more beautiful than a plain cheap glass stem.

You can check smoketower.ca from your country, I'm not lying, I saw a beauty for $30 shipped free to the US, check our own "Cheap Quality Bubbler thread".

Those 4 warts to avoid them rolling when placed in a flat surface, IMO, a waste of time and glass and work, increasing the cost, IMO.
Use those 4 warts, and make them mini 4 warts but inside the stem, instead of a 4 hole glass screen.
Like ice pinches in a tube, to hold the SS screen in place, and easy to push the screen with a wood skewer when ready to be replaced or cleaned.

I swear I'll laugh so hard If I saw that modification in next PV stems, :) lol

IMO that's the next step in Solo stems, customizable loading chamber by yourself :)

3 loading mode setups,
#1.... SS domed facing to the heating chamber, famous "shorty" stem :) lol
cost in $$$$ cero, zero, 0,00000, niente, thanks,
what's the point of having a "Shorty and a Regular" when you can modify ONLY ONE STEM with a TWIST of a SS SCREEN?? (I'm pretty sure the Shorty PVHES works awesome, but...)
Answer, more money for PV pockets , is that hard to believe??? :)
#2... SS flat, regular loading
#3... SS domed facing the Solo stem mouthpiece, extra loading chamber, for those that can't never get enough of a Solo :) lol

I'm not a glass blower myself but, IMO this stems are really simple and you don't need to be a scientist to figure out airflow in a single stem.
I drill, clean, test,
cut, clean, test, repeat till desired result.
If you over did it, order more stems from PV. I guess I already have like 6 or more modified by my own, bought from them.

I still don't understand what norms or standards or tolerances are you stating with these:

"but i'm pretty sure there are exact tolerances, etc. that need to be adhered to."

Do they have a wind tunnel or any special machine that I'm unknown of to check for airflow???
Are they hiring NASA geeks for designing stems???
DO they have masters in highness and stonerdness???
Am I being sarcastic??? Yes, sorry, I couldn't help it. My apologies at @ vaped4life.

And finally but not last, since when PV has "The Gig" to customize Solo stems??? I didn't know that yet, maybe in Canada, but not here I guess...

BTW,
Who wants carb holes in a Solo GonG stem???
Maybe from 10 people 1 or 2 will like them.
IMO, getting a Y adapter with GonG joints and a glass stopper acting as a carb will make you a fancy customized setup...
(all sold by PV, I got them there, and really cheap quality as well)
You'll have the choice to mix strains, hit 2 vapes (same kind or different) at the same time and clear your huge vapor hits as a pro when using only one vape !!!! :) lol

IMO, I don't want to get married to PV, I want more options, and more local options as well.

If you like PV, good for you, I didn't said I don't like them, but, please, they are trying to sell stuff to us, they are FOR PROFIT, so they are not trying to help me,they are not my friends, they are trying to make money on me, IMO If can try to make my own and upgrade them, good for every FC member, and for you too.
Would you stay with PV word only?????

I would, and I consider PV are my friends... they have completely blown me away with their customer service, something that shouldn't be a rare thing, but seems to be these days; and they were awesome enough to allow me to beta their turbo tube (no notches/cuts). I'm not trying to knock your ambition to modify, but PV themselves have already tested over 60 different prototypes including all of yours, and it's not as easy as you say, to get good vapour. You can have 100% better airflow, but at what sacrafice to vapour quality and density?

EDIT: Re: pvgong.... i think i'm a fan of the non-carbed...simply because I plan to use the solo with my HT, so will work like my cloud and easy to remove. And, not sure why you would want a non-carbed when you wanna take the bowl out so it doesn't cache...unless you hit one after another.

EDIT 2: Although the Cloud is rock solid with temp stability, the Solo give equally dense or denser vapour IMO. I would also give the taste advantage to the Solo, much more flavour. I'm not biased to either vape, own both, love both. Just being honest.

vape4life,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Did you really just ask what's the difference between a carb and no carb? Are you sure you consume weed? Think about it

Point taken - but I may have worded my question wrong. I meant "how did others feel about this' - does anyone have experience with both? Regardless - I got my answers from others. Thanks for calling me out on my wording.

Misoxeny

Hi guys. I just got my Arizer Solo today, and I've never used a vape before, so I have a few questions.

I'll be using this with hash, how does it work? Do I just grind it and throw it in the vaper bowl? Or is it not supposed to be in touch with the heated area? Also, should I just use max temperature?

Thanks. :)

Misoxeny,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I've a question of all you peoples with the modded stems. I am an owner of one of the rarified ceramic m102's and it's got the accompanying 2-hole stems. I've never used anything but. I understand some people prefer (?) these ceramic bowl models for slightly better taste (?) but I wonder if anybody in that boat could clarify whether the 2-hole stem is of preference to any of you who do (or do not) prefer the ceramic Solos, or whether I would resoundingly have a better experience with the 4-hole and/or PVHES stems of some stripe. Comments? I am welcome to feedback in this regard. Also, am I accurate to think there is some difference in flavor or vapor characteristics between that of the stainless steel and the ceramic, or is there really no difference between the two in that regard? I appreciate the input!

:tup:

PhreedomPhries,

Drxx

Bro - thanks, I am going to do this. I actually have a brand new dremmel that I am dying to use. If I have any issues finding your posts I will definitely PM you. :peace:

I also wanted to let everyone know that I tried the milk trick with my solo stem - sticksstones actually mentioned it in the past as he heard it from someone else - its f*cking awesome! I filled a pot with enough milk to submerge my straight solo stem in (obviously full of vapor-honey), brought the milk to a boil and let it simmer for a few minutes until all the ickyness parted the glass and now was floating in the milk. The stem came out clean as a whistle - I added some *bosco* to the milk and enjoyed the best hot chocolate I've had in ages. And by best I mean it got me stoned! :drool:

So awesome! I'm actually lookin forward to dirtying up my stems now!

Was the stem all brown and gunky when you did this? How would you describe the taste? Lastly, how medicated did you actually get from this method? Lol

I'd also like to thank you for asking about "carbed vs non-carbed". You took crap for all the noobies. You sir, are a hero!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hi guys. I just got my Arizer Solo today, and I've never used a vape before, so I have a few questions.

I'll be using this with hash, how does it work? Do I just grind it and throw it in the vaper bowl? Or is it not supposed to be in touch with the heated area? Also, should I just use max temperature?

Thanks. :)

If you want to use hash, best not to put anything directly in the heat chamber, other than the glass stem. Put some in the bowl/stem, cap it on top with a screen, you may want a screen inside to cover the holes in the stem as well, to stop bits from pulling through. Cup your hash like a clam shell inside your screens, then put the stem into the Solo and set your heat to at least 4, maybe 5 to get started, then you can turn it up higher as you notice vapor reducing. Probably good to put loose hash in there, broken up, not too chunky. The important thing is your hash isn't melty, or oily. If it turns liquid when warm, you need to use either herb or a cotton ball to soak it up. You DON'T want oils/liquids to get down into the air holes in the heat core, it could ruin the solo.

jambandphan03,

Misoxeny

If you want to use hash, best not to put anything directly in the heat chamber, other than the glass stem. Put some in the bowl/stem, cap it on top with a screen, you may want a screen inside to cover the holes in the stem as well, to stop bits from pulling through. Cup your hash like a clam shell inside your screens, then put the stem into the Solo and set your heat to at least 4, maybe 5 to get started, then you can turn it up higher as you notice vapor reducing. Probably good to put loose hash in there, broken up, not too chunky. The important thing is your hash isn't melty, or oily. If it turns liquid when warm, you need to use either herb or a cotton ball to soak it up. You DON'T want oils/liquids to get down into the air holes in the heat core, it could ruin the solo.

Thanks for a great reply, will try that now :) If I don't have a screen (even tho I should have some leftovers laying around), is there anything I could use that you usually find at home?

Misoxeny,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
people are soaking up the stem oil with cotton balls and vaping those, so I am guessing it is safe to say maybe a wisp of cotton over your hash would work, to keep it in the bowl. Make it light and airy, and maybe tuck it down into the stem a bit so it doesn't make direct contact in the heat chamber... ?? anyone else want to chime in on this? You can also use the solo upside down, put the stem in, with the solo heat chamber pointing down, so the body is up in the air... seen people using it like this for herb. Just be careful not to drop the stem... hold it by the stem.

Misoxeny

Couldn't find any screen, so I guess I'll try with some cotton. I didn't even know the hash would turn into oil, that's how much experience I have with vapes :) So is that how you know when you've used all the hash, when there's nothing but oil left?

Misoxeny,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It depends on the type of hash. What kind of hash will you be using? Dry sift/pressed kief? Water extracted (bubble hash)? BHO (budder, wax, puddy, shatter)? or something else?
:peace:

edit: @Jam...... I tell you to go ahead, then I step on your toes. Sorry ma'am.

Stu,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, it all depends on the hash. If you have bubble hash or kif, which is dry and has a lot of plant material, no, you are likely to just get really dark brown hash, that just stops giving vapor at some point. If it's extracted with a solvent, you are likely to have hash oil that gets solid at cooler temps and sometimes can be handled, but will liquify at warmer temps. Take a tiny bit of your hash, heat it on a knife or foil to see how it behaves. If it just smokes and stays hard, you can crumble it up and use that in the solo stem w/ just a wisp of cotton. If it starts to melt and puddle up, you have a full melt, wax or oil, that will need to be absorbed into the cotton first then vaped...yes, can get very complicated when diagnosing from afar...

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So awesome! I'm actually lookin forward to dirtying up my stems now!

Was the stem all brown and gunky when you did this? How would you describe the taste? Lastly, how medicated did you actually get from this method? Lol

I'd also like to thank you for asking about "carbed vs non-carbed". You took crap for all the noobies. You sir, are a hero!

Thanks for the kind wars sir - I still consider myself a newbie and I know the forums could be somewhat intimidating at times. Anyways - my stem was pretty gunked up, Id say about two weeks worth of use as my daily driver. With the chocolate syrup there really wasn't much of a taste at all, or I should say hint of the gooky. It made the milk slightly gridy and it made a light skin coating on the pan (I actually mixed that shit right in too), but I will say this - it gave me a good buzz. I actually need to take a little T-Break so this was a nice suprise for me - first time I could say I was phucked up in a while. :nod:

mvapes,

Maynard G Krebs

Haha oh yeah, the Pelican 1150 if you plan the foam right. If you look at the way they cut the foam for the Vape Case, don't cut that much space for the charger. Instead of laying it on its side, cut a space that's slimmer and deeper so it goes in prongs-down and the cord lays on top of it. The Pelican is $10 cheaper and much better quality, also has a handle and better locking capabilities.

I'm curious.. have you actually purchased one? What's the build quality like? I'm assuming you do with the way you describe configuring the foam. Thanks for the advice.. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Solo and was considering getting it with the Vapecase until I saw your post. I'm coming off a bad experience with an Iolite (worked well for about 1 1/2 years then crapped out). Been kinda leery of the whole vape scene until I saw what's going on with the Solo.. Anyway.. thanks..

Edit: Actually, after looking closely at the foam configuration in the Vapecase, I might go for the next smaller Pellican case and leave the charger completely out.. Most of my trips with the solo would be shorter trips and I could keep the charger in my luggage for when I'm in a place to charge it... I do carry an inverter in my car for charging my tablet computer, so I can use that if I need to charge on the go, which would be seldom..

mgk

Maynard G Krebs,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
is it just me, or does the honey in the stems smell really freaking good, a bit like a rose/honey/sweet smell. I am sure it's the strain I use, blackberry kush variety. I have grown to love that smell, like appreciating a fine wine.

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
will it work in soymilk? Not a diary drinker...
Hemp milk for Victory! :myday: All it needs is some fat-laden hot liquid to resolve into. Rich omega fatty acids fit the bill for the win!

Edit: Ironically, the hemp milk is yet another product (alongside the Solo) we must rely on our faithful brethren to the north to reap and sow for us, as the capricious laws in this western land make verboten the domestic manufacture of the industrial hempseed in the Reichland.

PhreedomPhries,
I'm curious.. have you actually purchased one? What's the build quality like? I'm assuming you do with the way you describe configuring the foam. Thanks for the advice.. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Solo and was considering getting it with the Vapecase until I saw your post. I'm coming off a bad experience with an Iolite (worked well for about 1 1/2 years then crapped out). Been kinda leery of the whole vape scene until I saw what's going on with the Solo.. Anyway.. thanks..

I have a Pelican 1520 for my SG Natty King Stemline/VHW setup but not an 1150 for my Solo yet. I was also considering the Vape Case but don't like all the labeling on there (like "Vape Case" & "Quarantine") and the fact that there's no handle. Pelican claims all their cases are watertight, airtight, and crushproof and I doubt the Vape Case can say that. I've never used an Iolite but I can definitely say that the Solo is badass and is perfect for what it is. I bought it to be my only portable and sometimes even find myself using it at home instead of the VHW (just need the Solo GonG adapter now). Go for it man, PuffItUp might still have it for $160!

SoloVape

Fucking Combustion since 2010.

Get the Solo. No need to be leery. You will thank us later.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I have a Pelican 1520 for my SG Natty King Stemline/VHW setup but not an 1150 for my Solo yet. I was also considering the Vape Case but don't like all the labeling on there (like "Vape Case" & "Quarantine") and the fact that there's no handle. Pelican claims all their cases are watertight, airtight, and crushproof and I doubt the Vape Case can say that. I've never used an Iolite but I can definitely say that the Solo is badass and is perfect for what it is. I bought it to be my only portable and sometimes even find myself using it at home instead of the VHW (just need the Solo GonG adapter now). Go for it man, PuffItUp might still have it for $160!
Totally agree about Pelican cases. Bad ass :)

I wouldn't like to be sporting a labeled "Vape Case" & "Quarantine" either, talking about being stealth.
Imagine this movie...
Hwy patrol asking for your ID and insurance card while peeking at your "Vape Case" & "Quarantine" next in your back or passenger seat,
how would you explain "vape" to him??
ooopsss

Zangano Cruel,
Top Bottom