Arizer Solo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have the og 2 hole bent stems. Would the straight stems gather less resin than the bent ones? I would think so, but if anyone has both could you let us know?
I was surprised to find that the straight stems seem to collect resin on par with the bent stems. I assumed that without the bend, the straight stems would collect less, however IME this has not been the case.
:peace:

Stu,

MacNcheesePLZ

HI-Temp Vaporist
Panic mode! My solo is not turning on at all :( I don't have access to a charger right now but it was fully juiced when I left. I bought thru pv so at least that's a weight off my chest.

Edit: its working now! My advice is never leave your solo in a hot car ;-) I'm impressed that it kept ticking.

MacNcheesePLZ,
Reactions: Nick Brand

poonman

Poonman, the power adapter doesn't allow for usage while charging. It only allows usage while bypassing the battery (still uses a trinkle). IMO it's a must have.

Thank you for clarifying v ,
So it's not like my NO2 where you can use while charging .
Don't matter , I still bought it , because you suggested it :)
Payment just got confirmed with PIU .

Yippee

Just need to chime in and say I've really been enjoying the Solo. I can hardly believe how long these sessions are and how much less bud I use compared to smoking. I've used the MFLB and other vapes, but the solo gives such a steady, consistent, and accurate heat it's on a totally different level.

Aight so my Solo will be here Friday according to the tracking info...I've been reading about this new GonG adapter that PlanetVape is making but does anyone know how it's going to be different than the one that is currently on their website?

nugghuffer,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
They cut air channels into the stem to increase airflow so you get a better hit, at least that seems to be popular opinion.

lol its not a popular opinion its physics

anyway, when the draw is restricted its just harder to get a good hit, you have to drag harder
also, try inhaling air with the stock stem and the improved stem and you'll notice how uncomfortable is to suck air restricted like that...I think its even not healthy...

m0sh,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, I just know there was mention that the PVHES did not work for at least one person, that they preferred the tighter draw of the stock stems, so I didn't want to exclude their opinion. I on the other hand I LOVE my PVHES and can't wait for the GonG!!

m0sh

well, I just know there was mention that the PVHES did not work for at least one person, that they preferred the tighter draw of the stock stems, so I didn't want to exclude their opinion. I on the other hand I LOVE my PVHES and can't wait for the GonG!!
The results with a restricted draw are not as good, but you should know how to use the improved stem...usually it takes a bit time before you get the full power big hits :D

m0sh,

sundaddy

Would the solo be good with honey oil hash? The kind that's like play dough until it's heated, then it liquifies. Thanks

sundaddy,

vape4life

Banned for life
I use Iso in a ziplock bag, shake shake shake, or soak, and run through hot water and they are like new. I air dry or roll up a single paper towel sheet to dry.

I've used the hot chocolate method successfully many times too but i'm anal and like my stems to be clean like all the time so I usually don't let them get all gummed up for that.

vape4life,
Reactions: poonman

poonman

The results with a restricted draw are not as good, but you should know how to use the improved stem...usually it takes a bit time before you get the full power big hits :D

Wasn't that the reason they switched from the 2 holes stems to the 4 holes stems ?
PIU told me , I'll be getting the 4 holes stems , 1 straight and 1 bent .

I've already made plans to order the PHVES 2 holes stems , once I get the Solo .
Should I order the 4 holes too ?
Are they that much better ?
I'm guessing having extra stems is the way to go , just like having extra batteries
for the mflb .
But no wood yet ..." that's what she said " :)

poonman,

vape4life

Banned for life

How do you use the PVHES then? Is there a technique? I know when I was a beta testing PV's turbo stem I still had to rock it back and forth to maximize the advantage of the full open bore, but then again it didn't have the notches or grooves to improve airflow. I figured the new PVHES are fool proof?

Would the solo be good with honey oil hash? The kind that's like play dough until it's heated, then it liquifies. Thanks

I'd say no, either with the unit upright it will run down into the bowl past your herbs (if you mix), or if you use it inverted it will simply run back down into the stem, like the oil resin builds up. I've tried it. Hash or bubble hash and kif work great though, or even maybe a drop or two of oil, but $90/g wax of budda, i wouldn't.

Wasn't that the reason they switched from the 2 holes stems to the 4 holes stems ?

I've already made plans to order the PHVES 2 holes stems , once I get the Solo .
I'm guessing having extra stems is the way to go , just like having extra batteries
for the mflb .

Pretty sure the PVHES is either 4 hole or turbo "full open bore" and PV plans to only keep producing the 4 hole, because there wasn't enough difference to justify the cost of the turbo since performance was the same. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe there is no 2 hole PVHES.

vape4life,
Reactions: poonman

m0sh

for the mflb .

I have no idea about the reason but there is a limit to how much air u can pull through the heating elements and still have great results...

I can tell you that the wood has 1 hole and it takes few mins to get thick heats and you just have to be patience and have slow draws...

How do you use the PVHES then? Is there a technique? I know when I was a beta testing PV's turbo stem I still had to rock it back and forth to maximize the advantage of the full open bore, but then again it didn't have the notches or grooves to improve airflow. I figured the new PVHES are fool proof?

Nothing to worry about PV gives a note with some tips on how to use (can someone post the note? I must have lost it)
Basically just wait from an hit to an hit about 30 seconds ...

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Mosh, it's on their website.

What's this about taking a few minutes to get thick hits with the wood stem? You mean like after a hit for the temp to go back up?

vape4life,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
IMO, why to wait for PV to release a simple mod. DIY and save $$$$$
Dremmel the 4 or 2 hole glass screen from the bent and straight.
Airflow really changes. It's like day and night IMO. If PV don't see any difference in airflow between no screen and regular Solo stems they really need to test more.

BTW, new comers are politely welcomed again to read the whole thread again :)
As well, someone nicely set Vaporpedia.
Do yourself a favor, read to not repeat questions :) thanks :)

Zangano Cruel,

m0sh

Thanks Mosh, it's on their website.

What's this about taking a few minutes to get thick hits with the wood stem? You mean like after a hit for the temp to go back up?

Well first off I'm using my solo with this setup (thanks jrr :) )
Now every hit I pull my stem out (with the wood I can hold the glass with one hand-no silicon yay)

What I mean, IMO it takes a bit more to heat up the wood chamber (more time for the temperature to drop as well), so with my method it will take few hits until you get a massive cloud and with the PVHES you wait a bit less...

Once the SS is hot, it delivers fine hits...even sometimes I feel bit harshness with the hit...the temp does drop but inside the heating element...chamber stays hot as hell!

Airflow really changes. It's like day and night IMO. If PV don't see any difference in airflow between no screen and regular Solo stems they really need to test more.

Easier said then done...would if I could

m0sh,
Reactions: Vitolo

vape4life

Banned for life

Do yourself a favor, read to avoid posting more questionsssss :) thanks :)

Because for one many of use down own Dremmel's and are not about to buy one just to do this. Secondly because it takes some skill and i'm sure many would fuck up their stems.

They are what $18? That's $8 more than a stock stem, I think i'll just pay PV to have them done for me, and that way they can make some money to keep their awesome business open for us!

I agree about the new comers, I see the same questions over and over and over... the best ones are the ones that are already answered the the exact same page or maybe one back lol

EDIT: Thanks Mosh, I know what you mean now...

vape4life,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Well first off I'm using my solo with this setup (thanks jrr :) )
Now every hit I pull my stem out (with the wood I can hold the glass with one hand-no silicon yay)

What I mean, IMO it takes a bit more to heat up the wood chamber (more time for the temperature to drop as well), so with my method it will take few hits until you get a massive cloud and with the PVHES you wait a bit less...

Once the SS is hot, it delivers fine hits...even sometimes I feel bit harshness with the hit...the temp does drop but inside the heating element...chamber stays hot as hell!

Easier said then done...would if I could
Someone, friend, neighbor, cousin, relatives, a doctor, your dispensary.
I'll do it myself for you, if you pay the mail :) or if you are in the area.
I know many people have medical problems, like arthritis or spascisity or physical hands related problems, but there's always someone ready to help.
As I told you before, I'll do it for you.
PM me!!

Dremmel are getting cheaper and cheaper. I know some people don't need a Dremmel , but someone needs to have one. It's an awesome tool. Drill?? Regular drill would make it too. Everybody in the neighborhood has a drill.
Sorry, it's just me against spending more money in things I can DIM. Besides PV is always out of stock.

Zangano Cruel,

vape4life

Banned for life
Dremmel are getting cheaper and cheaper. I know some people don't need a Dremmel , but someone needs to have one. It's an awesome tool. Drill?? Regular drill would make it too. Everybody in the neighborhood has a drill.
Sorry, it's just me against spending more money in things I can DIM. Besides PV is always out of stock.

I have a drill, yet wouldn't go near my glass stem with it. You are right on the stock bit, but it's a brand new product so hopefully once they get going they stay going, like the gong's.

Drxx

Do yourself a favor, read to not repeat questions :) thanks :)

The vaporpedia entry is still very early in its development and doesn't address many of the questions that I've seen asked.

An issue with the solo that I've come across by just reading around is that the model/serial number throws many off because of the different stems that are packaged with it and the initial changes that early models displayed.

With that being said, I agree with you on reading up. But you need to cut some newbies some slack because they join the community, see all this confusion, and assume their units are different.

Consequently, you vets get repeat questions because of it. :p

Drxx,

vape4life

Banned for life
The serial number issues and old ceramic problems should be long gone....if any retailers are selling ceramic solos with 2 hole stems i'd be very surprised.

Top Bottom