Arizer Solo

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
The noise your hearing is the switching power supply when the unit starts to heat the 15khz noise will start. after its done it should stop.
Basically u have super stoned hearing abilities lol

Robob,

vape4life

Banned for life
Robob said:
The noise your hearing is the switching power supply when the unit starts to heat the 15khz noise will start. after its done it should stop.
Basically u have super stoned hearing abilities lol

It can't be JUST that, because I have super stoner hearing abilities too, and my m107 or m105 didn't make any noise whatsoever, but my very first m102 did (second m102 didn't). So I know the noise, and it's not occuring on my m107 so unless it takes time to develop, I don't think it's just hearing.

@blackpanthaa:

I agree that there won't be a MAJOR redesign, but there will always be improvements and little tweaks. Arizer has just introduced the 2012 Extreme-Q with more updates/improvements and it's been out for what 3 years now? Longer if you include the original Extreme which was somewhat of a redesign in comparison.

Agreed too that the "beta testing" is complete....with the M107.... the only thing i'd like now is the RETURN of the ceramic (non flaking) or something to make the SS work AS well as the ceramic.

vape4life,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
K well,

After a few weeks with my m106:

1. I have heard the high pitch - but I am also sensitive. Only happened once or twice?

2. I have smelled the robofart. It isn't strong, and I have a theory...below.

If you blow into your Solo, you may be blowing tiny dust and oils in the inside. I have a feeling this is what causes the robofart. Why? I never smelled it before - then one day I set it to 7 to try to vape some oil. I then smelled the robofart. I also realized over time I've "puffed" on it, and sometimes when you puff - you may blow instead. When the solo is set to its highest - I assume that is when the most oil/resin is released. So, high heat + small oil coat inside on some heater = robofart?

Wondering if I am way off...or onto something...

sessnet,

darkrom

Great Scott!
So it's been a while since I reared my ugly head in here. I see the robofart smell hasn't been COMPLETELY fixed yet, and whats this noise issue. Is that new?

I keep checking back here waiting to see that Arizer has either released a new re-design, a whole new vape, or thrown in the towel.

This is one hell of a beta testing period at the cost of the consumers.

darkrom,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
I can't comment on older units, but I can tell you that I'm extremely happy with my m107. I'd easily recommend it to others.

GReYAReA,

vape4life

Banned for life
darkrom said:
So it's been a while since I reared my ugly head in here. I see the robofart smell hasn't been COMPLETELY fixed yet, and whats this noise issue. Is that new?

I keep checking back here waiting to see that Arizer has either released a new re-design, a whole new vape, or thrown in the towel.

This is one hell of a beta testing period at the cost of the consumers.

Darkrom, pretty sure you know my history, like you I was an early adopter and ranted and raved about the Solo, and then did a complete about face and was disgusted with it. Well, due to the M107 i've done another about face and am a fanboy again. The M107 is nearly perfect....no problems, smells, etc. and i'll be getting a new one next week (wanted a colour change, from silver to black)

vape4life,
VapeNStone,

norcal

havent tried bubble hash but i used my Solo while in the drive through line at in n out in Chico today. It was sick..

and yummy...

norcal,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
sessnet said:
K well,

After a few weeks with my m106:

1. I have heard the high pitch - but I am also sensitive. Only happened once or twice?

2. I have smelled the robofart. It isn't strong, and I have a theory...below.

If you blow into your Solo, you may be blowing tiny dust and oils in the inside. I have a feeling this is what causes the robofart. Why? I never smelled it before - then one day I set it to 7 to try to vape some oil. I then smelled the robofart. I also realized over time I've "puffed" on it, and sometimes when you puff - you may blow instead. When the solo is set to its highest - I assume that is when the most oil/resin is released. So, high heat + small oil coat inside on some heater = robofart?

Wondering if I am way off...or onto something...

I've been doing tests with my devices and with the new battery pack I got, and I'm pretty sure I've figured it out.

The battery packs are wrapped in a special plastic sheathe that is tight to the packs. This is heat shink wrap tubing, they put some around the batteries, apply heat and it constricts to form that tight seal. I think that the battery pack supplier that arizer is using are not properly heating this tubing, and because of that it is not getting as tight as it can get. When it is used inside of a hot vaporizer, this tubing starts shrinking again causes the smell.

This could also explain why many people saw the issue go away after baking their units in the oven or simply disappearing over time.

CentiZen,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Thanks! Interesting notion. Do you know if there is any way to remove this plastic, or fix that problem?

sessnet,

vape4life

Banned for life
Pcpvapors said:
vape4life said:
Pcpvapors said:
Anyone try bubble hash in a stem? Non layered?

Yep works awesome!
What level do you use? I'd assume start at 4 and work up?

absolutely you can, but you'll get more vapours and bigger clouds at 6/7. Oh and it lasts forever it seems like, I fill about 1/2 to 3/4 the bowl.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
If Arizer is reading this, bring back the ceramic!!! I think I would tolerate flaking for that heat retention/battery life, and if the flaking could be fixed, perfection.

vape4life,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
vape4life said:
If Arizer is reading this, bring back the ceramic!!! I think I would tolerate flaking for that heat retention/battery life, and if the flaking could be fixed, perfection.

Love my ceramic. After 9 months have lost approx. 10% of the coating to flaking in about a half dozen spots. Have the SS replacement too.
Given the choice I always reach for the ceramic first.

Sinclue,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Ditto here.. I always go back to my M102 over the replacement M105 SS I received.

My concern over the ceramic flaking got beat out by my desire for awesome clouds and battery life in comparison.

smokum,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Where is everyone getting the impressions that the older ceramics had better battery life? Is there anything that has been said by Arizer to back this up? I remember Kevin saying that they did make the m105's cooler but never read anything about them lower the battery life.. :shrug:

I think I am going to do what vapelexus did and swap the internals of my old 102 ceramic with my new SS 105 so I can run the SS at higher temps. It's nice to have that extra headroom for extracts and such.

aesthyrian,

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
I believe they switched chargers for the 106 and 107. I saw complaints of the charger on the old ones charging at an incorrect voltage. Leading to a quicker dying battery, makes sense seeing as my 105 wouldn't even charge after the first day lol

Robob,

norcal

my 107 lasts a good ammount of time before needing charge....i get at least 7 sessions per charge.

also the ss gives me huge clouds of vapor, not sure u could get more out of mine ss or ceramic

love my solo

norcal,
Top Bottom