Arizer Solo

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
jambandphan03 said:
CentiZen said:
So today I accidentaly inserted my right pinky finger into the heater while it was heating up. Needless to say it was exceedingly painful, I no longer have a fingerprint on it and I highly recommend against anyone else doing that.

Now back to normal stuff. I think it's come to the time where I need to replace the arizers battery. It's just not pulling like it used to unless I use my power adapter. I'm thinking I'm going to do it myself since I never got proof of purchase so I can't send it back. I already know what part to buy, and I'll make a video demonstrating to someone without electrical knowledge to replace the battery themselves.

A video would be great, and just wondering, how long have you been using your solo and how heavy? Just trying to get an idea of battery life... I have the replacement battery pack saved in my amazon account so when I do need it, I can find it easily.

I think I got it in may last year, and I've been daily driving it many times a day since then. This is the unit that switched me from smoking to vaping, and I use it all the time.

rufrothy said:
hogleg said:
What is the part number, how much?

Its in the Solo vaporpedia wiki entry in my Signature. Enjoy

Quite honestly it would be much better for people to buy a pack with the JST connector already on it. I'll post a link to the cells I'll be using, they come with the connectors. As well I would shy away from both of those high capacity packs, Tenergy is well known for not meeting their claims and that other pack is impossible.

CentiZen,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
CentiZen said:
jambandphan03 said:
CentiZen said:
So today I accidentaly inserted my right pinky finger into the heater while it was heating up. Needless to say it was exceedingly painful, I no longer have a fingerprint on it and I highly recommend against anyone else doing that.

Now back to normal stuff. I think it's come to the time where I need to replace the arizers battery. It's just not pulling like it used to unless I use my power adapter. I'm thinking I'm going to do it myself since I never got proof of purchase so I can't send it back. I already know what part to buy, and I'll make a video demonstrating to someone without electrical knowledge to replace the battery themselves.

A video would be great, and just wondering, how long have you been using your solo and how heavy? Just trying to get an idea of battery life... I have the replacement battery pack saved in my amazon account so when I do need it, I can find it easily.

I think I got it in may last year, and I've been daily driving it many times a day since then. This is the unit that switched me from smoking to vaping, and I use it all the time.
/
If you find a source for the connector (evidently fairly common) please post it and I will be sure and add this and any info you provide to the wiki. As far as I know you're the first FC'er to venture into this. good luck.

ru_frothi,
CentiZen said:

I have done that, didn't feel pleasant. Only I did it on purpose.

Blackpanthaa,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks for the reply :) good to know it goes a while before needing to be replaced. I don't use mine so often, so it should last a while.

jambandphan03,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
rufrothy said:
If you find a source for the connector (evidently fairly common) please post it and I will be sure and add this and any info you provide to the wiki. As far as I know you're the first FC'er to venture into this. good luck.

So it looks like I was mistaken about being able to get a pack presautered with a male JST connector unless I was ordering in the hundreds. Oh well, that's not a major problem, I have found a source that will sell male JST that do not require sautering to connect to the wire, which is good because there is no way any lead based solder is going to be used in my solo.

Here is the link:

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-jst-male-connector-set-unassembled-5-pcs-p-6492.html

I'm placing the order for my power pack tonight, as well as for the connectors. I'll make a video of the replacement process and post it back here.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tenergy-Li-I...604876628?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item43a9668354

This is the cell I will be purchasing. I don't like tenergy because of how they messed with Magic Flight and just generally lie on high capacity cells; but the 2200's will be legit, in fact, they will be the same as every other pack their advertising as higher capacity.

CentiZen,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
CentiZen said:
rufrothy said:

So it looks like I was mistaken about being able to get a pack presautered with a male JST connector unless I was ordering in the hundreds. Oh well, that's not a major problem, I have found a source that will sell male JST that do not require sautering to connect to the wire, which is good because there is no way any lead based solder is going to be used in my solo.

Here is the link:

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-jst-male-connector-set-unassembled-5-pcs-p-6492.html

I'm placing the order for my power pack tonight, as well as for the connectors. I'll make a video of the replacement process and post it back here.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tenergy-Li-I...604876628?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item43a9668354

This is the cell I will be purchasing. I don't like tenergy because of how they messed with Magic Flight and just generally lie on high capacity cells; but the 2200's will be legit, in fact, they will be the same as every other pack their advertising as higher capacity.

Lead based solder is old news. That went away 5 years ago or so. No need to worry about lead based solder anymore.

BTW: it seems that same battery is cheaper on amazon (at least in the USA).

also added to the wiki

ru_frothi,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Why not go for some 2600mah 18650's?

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/batteries/aw-18650-2600.html

Just pinch the pcb off your old cell pack or trust the ones already built onto cells and just wire up and wrap tape round and bung a jst connector on. The difference between 2200mah and 2600mah could potentially give you more cycles. May take longer to charge but oh well lol.

AceTK,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
A higher mAh rating on the label doesn't always guaranty a longer battery life. If you want to switch to other batteries then are used I'd do some solid research first.

Good luck with the transplant Centi!

OhTheAgony,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I am not willing to do that Ace, though I appreciate your help. Take a look at this article

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/safety_concerns_with_li_ion

2200 mAh is about the highest amount of power that can be stored in a 18650 without making some serious alterations to the internals. 2600 - 3000 mAh batteries are either blatantly mislabeled 2200's or push past the limits of safety. Even 2400's can get extremely hot, and in the enclosed, already hot environment of the Arizer I don't want that. I think that Arizer made the choice to use 2200 mAh cells for a reason and I am not going to risk my safety or my vaporizer. As well, for ease's sake I would rather have a premade pack and I am only willing to purchase that pack from a reliable seller. And no reliable seller is selling packs with anything higher than 2200, it's only the chinese off brand cells and Tenergy.

CentiZen,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Heat and safety issues I can understand centiZen it just a shame that 18650 lithium phosphate batteries are not widely available yet as they do not suffer from overcharge, overheating, short circuit or catastrophic impact explosion.

AceTK,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
So the orders are placed for my parts and i'm just playing the waiting game untill i get them in. As well i ordered several accesssories from planetvape like that new 14mm gong stem and some new parts and sillicone tubing for my herbalaire. i ordered this stuff last night, and as i walked out of my place this morning the desk attendant called me over. (I thought they were going to complain about them smell of weed because what i have right now smells more than burning rubber), but no, somehow planetvape broke the laws of time and space and got the parts i ordered at 12 o clock last night to me by 9:30 this morning. Needless to say i was late for work :D, very impressed with the service though.

CentiZen,
The gong stem from planet vape looks absolutely solid. The stealth attachment however I think has some issues. For one, its a pain to get a nasty cup every time and have to punch holes in it (or carry around a cup). Does the straw make a good enough seal when your puffin away?...my biggest concern is in order to be stealthy and walk around without anyone knowing is you would have to find a bathroom or another private location then put this contraption together then walk around I guess...why not just vape in the bathroom in the time it took to set up. It would also jiggle around in a cup and you wouldn't be able to turn it on/off/adjust the temp. It just seems like a huge hassle in order to be stealthy. Also, what the hell do people think when you blow vapor out and don't swallow anything? It would work as a whip attachment I guess. Maybe i'm just completely off base here...

Blackpanthaa,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
If you get a slimmer can like a 250ml you could even stick a little blocks on the inside of the can and make little marks on the outside of the can so that you can turn the device on and resume last preset with ease. Don't worry about having the straw attached just use it like a mini stumpy. If you get a can that has painted black metal itl even match the solo without the fake top. If you only have aluminum or steel then use a fake can top to hide the black solo under. Now you don't even have to remove the solo and could even add a charger hole at bottom. All you need now is a way to stealth re-load the bowls, ideally it would be good to have 2 or 3 preloaded stealth stems and capped with MFLB battery caps.

AceTK,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
U
Blackpanthaa said:
The gong stem from planet vape looks absolutely solid. The stealth attachment however I think has some issues. For one, its a pain to get a nasty cup every time and have to punch holes in it (or carry around a cup). Does the straw make a good enough seal when your puffin away?...my biggest concern is in order to be stealthy and walk around without anyone knowing is you would have to find a bathroom or another private location then put this contraption together then walk around I guess...why not just vape in the bathroom in the time it took to set up. It would also jiggle around in a cup and you wouldn't be able to turn it on/off/adjust the temp. It just seems like a huge hassle in order to be stealthy. Also, what the hell do people think when you blow vapor out and don't swallow anything? It would work as a whip attachment I guess. Maybe i'm just completely off base here...

Yeah honestly I'm not interested in walking around exhaling clouds of what looks like smoke from a McDonald's cup. I think where that will really come in useful is putting a whip on it and pulling on it while its in a coat pocket or sonething

CentiZen,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I plan to use the stealth to use a whip, so I can put more distance from the heat source, and I can see that being useful if you need to hide it, run down a coat sleeve or something. I usually do not have to sneak around, but in the off chance that i do, it's good to know I have options. I think some of us just like to accessorize... I know that in the end, if I find I am not using my toys very often, they will get cycled out in the classifieds or to a close friend.

jambandphan03,

norcal

Got My Solo today. One of my relatives brought the package to the town I work in, so I had it as soon as I got off work. Without hesitation i opened it up, set it up, no smell whatsoever while heating up btw. One of thebest things about this thing is the fact the battery comes somewhat charged, so you dont have to wait impatiently to try your new product, it is ready out of the box. I continued to pack a bowl of sour maui and proceeded to drive around town with my Solo just chilling in my hand. I love this machine. One of the best things about the Solo is how sturdy it feels. Its not cumbersome or heavy, but it feels like its made with precision and good craftsmenship.

The clouds are easy to obtain on the Solo and I found my temp I liked it at was around 3-4. I was so irie off the Solo I forgot how it feels to vape, it had been a while. Now I put my pipe and lighter away and am gonna be really saying fuck combustion.

I like the milkshake draw style and I ordered some screens and a water piece adapter from planetvape.ca, im curios to see how having a screen in there makes for better airflow or not?

Great vape!! Recommended!!

norcal,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
the screen shouldn't effect the airflow, but it recommended to keep hot herb from flying into your mouth.

ilovebOObs,

norcal

i dont grind my herb, i just pinch off a little nug and stuff it in there, it works great and I havent had any thing come through the four holes in the stem.

norcal,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
well if that works for you, then you should be good. does the herb vape evenly doing it that way?

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom