Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
Curious just how good a seal you would get with a straw inserted into the glass? I'm guessing not great?

vape4life,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I posted this before I think, but I retrofitted a soda can by opening the top with a can opener, and then putting some felt "shims" into the sides so that it holds the Solo a little more snugly inside the can. I also punched a few small holes in the bottom of the can for ventilation. It's pretty cool to drive around sipping my "soda"!! :ninja: I only spent about 2 bucks on the felt (they are floor protecters for furniture feet with adhesive backing) While the drink cup looks like a good idea, it seems silly to spend $$$ on it.

:2c: (and I'm keepin' it) :lol:

Bluntcrush,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
In the pictures of the cup, it looks like it would shake around a bit... maybe stuff some cotton or something around the sides?

What about a glass holder just for the solo (or a waterproof solo). Some tubing that runs through ice, and maybe even real soda :ko:

Edit: Thanks Bluntcrush - felt pads FTW. I have a new project to do this weekend :)

sessnet,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
sessnet said:
In the pictures of the cup, it looks like it would shake around a bit... maybe stuff some cotton or something around the sides?

What about a glass holder just for the solo (or a waterproof solo). Some tubing that runs through ice, and maybe even real soda :ko:

Edit: Thanks Bluntcrush - felt pads FTW. I have a new project to do this weekend :)

Yah mon! :D

I used 4 of the large felt dots around the inside of the can and it still provides good airflow. A sleeve would be a good idea too, you could turn it on to desired heat level, slide it into sleeve, slide sleeve into can. You would just have to make sure that the bottom of the sleeve were open so the unit can "breathe"

Bluntcrush,

thecragus

MrNorml said:
sessnet said:
Xchadb said:
i have that vapor tamer..... i honestly never use it, i would of gave it to ya sess... haha its fun at first tho :) esp if you have a GONG mouthpiece for it like i do :brow:

Haha! I'll take it! :p

I read that it's only good for about 15-30 seconds? Then it gets warm? Or maybe I misread....

If that was true - I was thinking of getting another one just to keep it in rotation (freezer), so maybe they will be good for at least 1 minute? :/

15 minutes. Not 15 seconds.

I just picked up one of these (they are running out, color choices limited) and I think they're great. Definitely 15 minutes. And there is no real need to do anything more than insert the long stem into the Tamer, no need for a seal. So cool are refreshing....I bought two (as I know I will eventuall y break one :lol: )!

thecragus,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yeah, +1 Vaper Tamer rocks. I will take a picture of my "setup" this weekend.

However, vapor is killing me slowly, vaping seems harsher than smoking...I wonder why?

I used my Vaper Tamer, and it helps a little, the vapor is cooler, and travels farther, but for some reason, it's still super harsh to me. I can rarely finish a bowl without coughing/choking. :(

Also, I have asthma.

Smoking a decent amount everyday didn't affect me as much as vaping two/three tiny Solo Bowls a day... which would be less than 1/3 of what I would haved smoked, without that much irritation :(

I am sort of bummed out that I can't comfortably vape, even with a Vapor Tamer. I think I will need to add water to the equation, and hope it helps me, otherwise I may be SOL.

sessnet,
Maybe a real desktop vaporizer wouldn't make you feel so shitty. Nothing against the solo, but I felt like shit when I used to use my UD v1 and my Solo ceramic daily.

biojuggernaut,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I have a feeling it is the oil...not sure...even though I don't get any oil in my Vaper Tamer.

I have a SS model, and an MFLB or ThermoVape gives me the same reaction (leaves me feeling like I am winded or short of breath), which isn't great for someone like me that already has trouble breathing :(

sessnet,

Pcpvapors

sessnet said:
I have a feeling it is the oil...not sure...even though I don't get any oil in my Vaper Tamer.

I have a SS model, and an MFLB or ThermoVape gives me the same reaction (leaves me feeling like I am winded or short of breath), which isn't great for someone like me that already has trouble breathing :(
Have you checked your strains/herb in general? I had a batch a while back that made my chest really heavy.

Pcpvapors,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I don't know what strain I get since I am not in a medical state, and I don't know any growers etc. It's just whatever I get :uhoh:

EDIT: I did check the buds for mites under a microscope....that's about all the quality control I can do...

sessnet,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
I just saw the stealth attachment and within minutes I'm on a screen telling me my order has been successfully placed hehe.

AceTK,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
lol, yeah kinda wanted to get 2 but then they aint cheap and I needed the 12v adapter too. The M107 arrived and all I can say is wow. I gave it a sniff and it didnt smell, I gave it a few heat ups to see if it smelt of nasties like the M105 did and it did not. Im very happy about not inhaling those nasty fumes. The tubes fit really tight to put in but make a perfect seal which is awesome compared to the M105s loose rattley fit. On the M105 I could not get any useful vapor till around 4, on the M107 im rocking from 2 yes 2! Looking at the ABV after its clear that this unit works miles better. Even with the perfect seal at top it was not too difficult to inhale and was a vast improvement over the M105 when I sealed the top with a foil ring I could feel my lungs hurting from effort. The peak extraction at 7 on the M107 was even and left the ABV a dark brown all through with a nearly black side facing the bottom of the bowl. I have to be honest though the battery really gets slurped as just running 2 cycles at 7 I was down to 4 bars of battery compared with 6 bars on M105 but then also the M107 runs a little hotter in turn using more power. Also ive found that im able to obtain a sweet tasting smooth cool extraction at 2 for 2 cycles then 5 for 1 cycle but the battery is left with only 2 bars. This M107 is a whole new beast and I'm loving it. Bring on the stealth adapter!

AceTK,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sessnet said:

There is a thread somewhere in FC about this. I think the assumption was that vaping warm dry air can irritate people with sensitivities. Putting a water pipe in the mix should help, as it will bring moisture back into the equation. I hope you are able to work it out. I tend to rotate between combusting and vaping depending on how I feel, or what is available at the time. Both have their strong points, and down sides which can be different for each person. I also notice that vaping irritates my throat more, and I think its from breathing in the dry warm air. I try to take slower draws to help give it time to cool down a bit, and prefer to have more distance between my lungs and the heat source (whip). The stealth adapter should also fit inside the tubing I use for my desk vape, so I am hoping that will all work out when it gets here. I have a pretty full set up now w/the solo and accessories. I hope it works for me in the long run. If not I guess there will be a pretty good deal showing up in the classifieds in a few months. We will see.....

jambandphan03,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
AceTK said:
lol, yeah kinda wanted to get 2 but then they aint cheap and I needed the 12v adapter too. The M107 arrived and all I can say is wow. I gave it a sniff and it didnt smell, I gave it a few heat ups to see if it smelt of nasties like the M105 did and it did not. Im very happy about not inhaling those nasty fumes. The tubes fit really tight to put in but make a perfect seal which is awesome compared to the M105s loose rattley fit. On the M105 I could not get any useful vapor till around 4, on the M107 im rocking from 2 yes 2! Looking at the ABV after its clear that this unit works miles better. Even with the perfect seal at top it was not too difficult to inhale and was a vast improvement over the M105 when I sealed the top with a foil ring I could feel my lungs hurting from effort. The peak extraction at 7 on the M107 was even and left the ABV a dark brown all through with a nearly black side facing the bottom of the bowl. I have to be honest though the battery really gets slurped as just running 2 cycles at 7 I was down to 4 bars of battery compared with 6 bars on M105 but then also the M107 runs a little hotter in turn using more power. Also ive found that im able to obtain a sweet tasting smooth cool extraction at 2 for 2 cycles then 5 for 1 cycle but the battery is left with only 2 bars. This M107 is a whole new beast and I'm loving it. Bring on the stealth adapter!

wow the difference is really that big, dam looks like i will have to order another solo in the near future.

ilovebOObs,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Question is can you just sip direct from stealth adapter without burning mouth? We will find out soon lol. Just walk with a 250ml can and the fake can top on the top part of the stealth adapter and discretely emulate can swigging motions hehe. If I can get away with up to setting 4 il be very happy and yes boobs I would consider giving one a try its totally different. I never expected setting 2 to deliver such thick clouds and extract so well.

AceTK,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
So today I accidentaly inserted my right pinky finger into the heater while it was heating up. Needless to say it was exceedingly painful, I no longer have a fingerprint on it and I highly recommend against anyone else doing that.

Now back to normal stuff. I think it's come to the time where I need to replace the arizers battery. It's just not pulling like it used to unless I use my power adapter. I'm thinking I'm going to do it myself since I never got proof of purchase so I can't send it back. I already know what part to buy, and I'll make a video demonstrating to someone without electrical knowledge to replace the battery themselves.

CentiZen,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
CentiZen said:
So today I accidentaly inserted my right pinky finger into the heater while it was heating up. Needless to say it was exceedingly painful, I no longer have a fingerprint on it and I highly recommend against anyone else doing that.

Now back to normal stuff. I think it's come to the time where I need to replace the arizers battery. It's just not pulling like it used to unless I use my power adapter. I'm thinking I'm going to do it myself since I never got proof of purchase so I can't send it back. I already know what part to buy, and I'll make a video demonstrating to someone without electrical knowledge to replace the battery themselves.

A video would be great, and just wondering, how long have you been using your solo and how heavy? Just trying to get an idea of battery life... I have the replacement battery pack saved in my amazon account so when I do need it, I can find it easily.

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom