Arizer Solo

Arizer is Awesome!!!!!! I just got an email back from Kevin over at Arizer tech and he assured me that there is absolutely no difference in the units except the bowl. I am not having any flaking or smell issues so that is quite a relief. Then he went on to say that he would send me 4 of the new stems(2 straight 2 bent) with 4 holes instead of 2!!!!!! I freakin can't wait!!!

VapeNStone,

rileyaok

Hello everyone, im sorry if this has been asked there is just so many pages. Where is the best place to buy that includes a warrenty?
also i have read that there is a new bowl, if i purchase one will it come with the new bowl/ straight tube?
thanks a bunch! currently been using my Volcano for the past 6 years and am looking into the arizer :p

rileyaok,
VapeNStone said:
Arizer is Awesome!!!!!! I just got an email back from Kevin over at Arizer tech and he assured me that there is absolutely no difference in the units except the bowl. I am not having any flaking or smell issues so that is quite a relief. Then he went on to say that he would send me 4 of the new stems(2 straight 2 bent) with 4 holes instead of 2!!!!!! I freakin can't wait!!!

Is that correct? They're switching to a four hole stem?

charliedontsurf,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'll be glad when the straight and angle 4 hole ones are avail online to order.... me wants to try one !

ps: no flaking/chipping in everyday use with mine as of yet (fingers crossed) following 3 months use, and I vape at 3-4 settings with leaf/bud, and at 5-6 with hash/oils (in a sandwich).

smokum,

Dberm

Very satisfied with Arizer's response to my issue. They dealt with everything very quickly and easily, honestly one of the fastest responses I've ever had which is a rare thing in this industry it seems.

Dberm,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
I would think if you haven't noticed the problem of a flakey bowl within a few weeks of constant use you should be safe.
My solo presented these problems after two weeks of light use, not daily. As soon as it became apparent I started using my solo a lot to see if it was going to get worse which it did..

But after I kicked up a stink about Arizers policies in relation to warranty, I have to say their service has been execptional once I emailed the right person. I am expecting my new solo in the mail any day now

psyshaman,
charliedontsurf said:
VapeNStone said:

Is that correct? They're switching to a four hole stem?
must be unless he is making some special for me because of the email I sent lol. I did mention "flow" or lack there of many times.

On a side note I was so excited at how Arizer handled it I wanted to call my mother and tell her because I wanted to tell someone lol. I was going to hit the da buddha and threw the wand/mouthpiece on the couch and the bowl end hit the mouthpiece just right and shattered the bowl :( Oh well. I just went on puffitup and got a new one coming! ;)

VapeNStone,

Chrispy3

I have a few questions:
How does the warranty work? Do you need proof of purchase or anything?
Where is the best place to purchase one of these at the best price that would include the warranty as well as be assured to be one of the newer models that don't have the ceramic flaking heater problem?
Where can the charger that allows you to use it while it is charging be found?

Chrispy3,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
psyshaman said:
I would think if you haven't noticed the problem of a flakey bowl within a few weeks of constant use you should be safe.

Alas that isn't so in my case. Had mine since May with daily moderate use, no temps above 4. Chipping just started to appear a couple of days ago. Now three distinct spots. Got mine from Rockwise who is handling it per Arizer.

I'd be surprised if the coating itself isn't the issue, not just one bad production run since they seem to have abandoned the coating entirely now in favor of stainless.

Those with the new bowls: any changes in the heat/temp settings without the coating?

Sinclue,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
u bwade wunner said:
Maybe some peeps who use them can post their experiences on the PSP power supply

Unless you are willing to drop more money on a high-end PS2 slim power supply then I wouldn't bother. I have a cheap Chinese one one for less than a week and the piece of crap has already began to melt itself due to the brick getting too hot. And this was just by having it plugged it, not even while in use.

Guess I'll be buying Arizer's AC adapter.. oh well it was worth a shot.

aesthyrian,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
aesthyrian said:
u bwade wunner said:
Maybe some peeps who use them can post their experiences on the PSP power supply

Unless you are willing to drop more money on a high-end PS2 slim power supply then I wouldn't bother. I have a cheap Chinese one one for less than a week and the piece of crap has already began to melt itself due to the brick getting too hot. And this was just by having it plugged it, not even while in use.

Seriously? Could you have a look if this the exact same one as you had?

meh

I haven't used mine except to test it out for a session or two, but I did leave it plugged in a whole day and checked how warm it got afterwards and mine barely got warm to the touch. I'm gonna have to keep a closer eye on it if we have the same one though. Did you send it back btw? It does says it has a one year warranty in the ebay add, lol.

Oh, I almost forgot: thanks for the picture Darkrom :)

OhTheAgony,

August West

I have the charger from Arizer and it works fine. Never gets warm to the touch even when left in for a long time. It's chinese...I posted the specs awhile back. It's a nice thing to have but I don't use it all the time with my Solo. Definitely helps me not to have to charge my solo more than once a day usually though.

I've had my Solo since late June and have had no chipping issues so far.....(dramatic pause)
But I did just notice what I believe to be chipping in the bottom of the bowl. I need to clean my unit to really check it out but that's what it looks like. That is the area that gets the most friction....what with the stems resting on the bottom. I don't notice any on the sides like some but will keep checking. Guess I should email rockwise too.

I still love my solo and it's not stopping me from using it. Will be waiting to hear more reports on the SS bowls and how that's working out.

August West,

zombonaut

I actually prefer my ceramic one even though it's chipping.

Without the ceramic the stems are just way too loose. I don't like worrying about them falling out. Of course this could be fixed pretty easily with a slightly larger stem. I would love a nice, short, straight, tight fitting 14.4 water adapter.

I do appreciate the increased airflow in the Stainless version, it's not a problem I just set the temp higher to compensate.

zombonaut,

Chrispy3

Thanks for the pic Darkrom.

Does anyone know where you can purchase those (presumably new) straight glass tubes ?

Chrispy3,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Chrispy3 said:
Where is the best place to purchase one of these at the best price that would include the warranty as well as be assured to be one of the newer models that don't have the ceramic flaking heater problem?

Unless things have changed, the "most legitimate/best deal" to be found is via Puffitup using promo code ArizerSolo. This reduces the price to $231, and puffitup *is* both a very reputable site, and a confirmed authorized reseller. Mind you, there are quite likely reputable resellers that are NOT "official authorized resellers." YMMV and it's up to you which route you want to take. Regardless of where you buy it from, i'd definitely contact them beforehand to specifically inquire about the SS model, if that's what you're after.

Seems some have misread your last sentence:
Chrispy3 said:
Where can the charger that allows you to use it while it is charging be found?

Unless i'm mistaken, there is no possibility of such a beast. It's either charge OR use, never both.

McNerdius,

zombonaut

I got mine off a random Ebay seller for $200 and had no problem with my warranty claim.

There are vendors selling them for $160 on Amazon.

I don't think there is much reason to be concerned about the ceramic ones. :2c:

zombonaut,
Oh and I just bought a Blazer stingray micro torch from amazon. Now from what I was seeing Vector is the best butane you can buy? I was going to get the blazer specific stuff but I was reading and seen vector so many times. Did I make the right choice?

VapeNStone,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Got an e-mail from Arizer and my SS Solo is on its way. 21 days to ship back what came to me in 3 days and most of that was with customs. So I can't wait to try it.

On a side note it has been 7-10 days since I sent a detailed note to Steve at Arizer asking him to consider producing a rimmed stainless screen with a mild dome purpose made for the Solo stem. They make something similar for the EQ but the dimensions are wrong. So I guess that idea is going nowhere at least at this time as I have not heard back. After writing the note to Steve I came up with a further idea of producing a cone shaped SS rimmed screen with just a tiny bit of a nub at the point of the cone screen that one could pinch with a tiny micro pair of tweezers so you could pull the screen in and out soak in your iso jar and just keep rotating in a clean screen every couple of days. Remember the more clogged you leave the screen the less oil that will collect on the inside stem so it makes sense to keep the screens in iso.

Also you guys that are just buying your Solos (some asked about the warranty process) make sure the day you get your Solo that you record the serial number on the bottom as it will fade with heat cycling to the point where you can't read it and it only takes a couple of weeks to fade completely away if you are a heavy user of your Solo. Also keep proof of purchase and the original box.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,
zombonaut said:
I actually prefer my ceramic one even though it's chipping.

Without the ceramic the stems are just way too loose. I don't like worrying about them falling out. Of course this could be fixed pretty easily with a slightly larger stem. I would love a nice, short, straight, tight fitting 14.4 water adapter.

I do appreciate the increased airflow in the Stainless version, it's not a problem I just set the temp higher to compensate.

I thought this would be the case too but its not. My new SS solo and new stem are much more snug than my ceramic set, and I thought I would have an issue with it but its great! I'm now a 100% satisfied customer with Arizer and the straight stem they issued to my warranty issue was very thoughtful.

JoeFinny,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
I would like to see a short 6 inch bubby, most likely made apart from Arizer, sitting on top of a 1 inch straight stem from Arizer. I could cut a stem off too and have the same thing but with a bit sharper edge. I guess you could soften the edge with an abrasive.

I also thought about drilling out the aroma stem (oh and there's that double deep herb bowl everyone wants to try) that came with your Solo and then mating that to more glass. Or fill the double deep aroma stem, insert a loaded bent stem into the Aroma "bowl" and try that tonite. Vaping three bowls inline at a time. Now for you guys that have two Solo's load them both up and double down instead of solo......Willeh style.

More glass......more cowbell too.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
OhTheAgony said:
aesthyrian said:
u bwade wunner said:

Seriously? Could you have a look if this the exact same one as you had?

meh

I haven't used mine except to test it out for a session or two, but I did leave it plugged in a whole day and checked how warm it got afterwards and mine barely got warm to the touch. I'm gonna have to keep a closer eye on it if we have the same one though. Did you send it back btw? It does says it has a one year warranty in the ebay add, lol.

Oh, I almost forgot: thanks for the picture Darkrom :)

Looks exactly like the one I bought. I have read that Sony had a problem with the earlier PS2 Slim power supplies overheating, someone who is more into gaming than I can probably answer that one. But yes, with it just plugged in and not in use the brick became very hot to the touch after 2 hours or so and even began to melt and warp the plastic casing. :|

I now have no problem dropping $40 or so for the authentic, authorized arizer ac adapter. I don't need a house fire because I tried to save $30 or so :lol:

aesthyrian,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Heard back from Rockwise regarding my chipping issue.

He will be sending out a warranty replacement unit this week...express-no hassle & no charge.

Another outstanding vendor and FC supporter! Thanks Kevin.

Sinclue,
Top Bottom