Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
That sucks, I might have to keep my organic ceramic. I definitely don't want a rougher, dirtier taste from the steel lol

So much for those "inserts"! And as for them saying that the flaking was a small percentage either that's a crock or I've been extremely unlucky. You would think a warranty replacement would have been from a different "batch" but I guess not.

Thanks for the pic! The SS bowl looks sharp!

vape4life,

poonman

Thank you u bwade wunner ,
Please don't mis-understand my questions . ( not being confrontational )

But you did say from the " sellers site " and spoke to the " manufacturer " .
I feel that hype can be a 2 way street ...and I would not expect them to hype it down .

What caught my eye was that you said that Arizer is NOT discontinuing the Ceramic bowls .
Because I was awaiting the new SS bowls to be manufactured ??? I do want one , to partner
with my NO2 .

All the head shops in Toronto ( that I visited ) were out of stock ....or they had the old version .
So I'm under the impression that they are making the new SS bowls ??? Correct ?
At least that's what I've been reading on this thread .

Again
Thank you u bwade wunner

poonman,

poonman

Hey vape4life ,
I will send you e-mail update at home soon .

But ,
I just wanted to thank you publicly on this forum on your assistance regarding on-line purchasing .

I had success with the first vendor and now I'm waiting for the 2nd vendor's customer service .

Thank you for your invaluable advice !

poonman,

poonman

Ok I just saw the pic posted by Flatland ,
It looks good like that...shiny steel .

poonman,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Seriously no one has posted this yet?

bDjov.jpg

X2NKw.jpg

3 hole straight stem reduced drag to significantly better levels. Much improved solo. It tastes the same IMO, but when it is time to kick the bowl you can really tell since it is a little stronger, but only when its done anyway as far as I've noticed.

darkrom,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
@CDS

Does the stainless chamber have 4 small holes in it? Snaps look like maybe not.

Da Ape

Ok I can see three holes in the chamber on one snap so I assume then there are 4-but they look larger in the SS chamber. This thing has to vape different with those changes.

Vaped Ape,
4 small holes. Good eye though, the holes do appear to be larger in the SS bowl Solo than in either of my ceramics, something I hadn't noticed.

I'm thinking the first bunch of serial numbers might be batch numbers. My first solo started 102, then the second 103, and now the SS is 105.

A question for the more technically minded: is it bad for the battery to immediately charge a Solo which was just being used? Like let's say it was used in a marathon session over an hour and a half, going from 7 lights to 1 but not dying. Bad idea to plug it right in while still warm.

charliedontsurf,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks for that info charlie. My warranty replacement solo starts with M102. Not sure about the one I sent it though.

I would have to say for charging that it wouldn't matter.

charliedontsurf said:
4 small holes. Good eye though, the holes do appear to be larger in the SS bowl Solo than in either of my ceramics, something I hadn't noticed.

I'm thinking the first bunch of serial numbers might be batch numbers. My first solo started 102, then the second 103, and now the SS is 105

A question for the more technically minded: is it bad for the battery to immediately charge a Solo which was just being used? Like let's say it was used in a marathon session over an hour and a half, going from 7 lights to 1 but not dying. Bad idea to plug it right in while still warm.

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
My ceramic coated non chipping Solo also starts with M102.

To the guys with old and new glass Solo stems (the ones with 3 holes):

Could you compare the size of the holes for me please? I'm curious if they are the same size or that the ones in with 3 holes have smaller holes. If possible I'd also love to see a photo of a new Solo with the straight stem inserted.

OhTheAgony,

mephisto

Hey FC,
In response to u bwade...
I have been using the solo as my daily driver for the past 4-5 months.
I always use 5 as my level. Unlike several other solo owners, I have yet
to experience any flaking in the ceramic.
Would love to know where to acquire the new 3 hole straight stems.....

mephisto,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
I notice too that the SS Solo has larger vents in the cap. If you remember back the discussion was that the draw on the first gen Solo was seaming fairly optimum and just needed a couple of tweeks to make it draw better and the caution was not to open it too much or the heater may note keep up. This SS version is opened up considerably. Having said that I wonder if this SS has more power also to keep lites from dropping on long draws. Any feedback on that from users.

My warranty return for a SS is held up in customs apparently. Went to post office today and they have no solution but to wait. No accountability and no time line for customs to do their thing. So its been 3 weeks now.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,
I just emailed Steve. Just wanted to ask him more about the new units and where I can get those stems. Also kinda asked him if I could send my unit in for a new one :brow: I'll let you know lol

VapeNStone,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Regarding long hard draws on the stainless model I'd say the vapor density has gone down, BUT the incredible difference in air flow makes it a worthy trade off IMO. Before I felt like I had to suck it harder than a 10 hooker, now the air flows right through. Less dense clouds, way more airflow. I like it better this way honestly.

darkrom,

smokecity

darkrom said:
Regarding long hard draws on the stainless model I'd say the vapor density has gone down, BUT the incredible difference in air flow makes it a worthy trade off IMO. Before I felt like I had to suck it harder than a 10 hooker, now the air flows right through. Less dense clouds, way more airflow. I like it better this way honestly.

Have been using this replacement ss solo since Saturday and I noticed the same thing that alot less effort is needed while drawing on the new solo. A couple other things I noticed is that I used it 2-3 times at level 5 before it dropped 1 bar of battery life on the new solo verses using it 1-2 times on level 5 before dropping 1 level on my first solo. Another difference I noticed so far that my stem that was very snug in my first solo now does complete circles in my replacement solo. I have only used it a handful of times this weekend and will test it out more this week.

smokecity,

darkrom

Great Scott!
The battery thing you noticed is probably simply because it is a fresh battery working at its best. I would wager that no changes were made to the battery. The rest of the solo seems the same besides the bowl holes and stem holes.

darkrom,

smokecity

@darkrom that was my initial thought about the battery but there's nothing wrong with wishing the battery life is better on this one. :brow::brow:

smokecity,

Dberm

IMAG0338.jpg

Haven't seen chipping on the bottom like mine is starting to get -_- just bought it a few weeks ago and I'm really anxious to see what happens with my warranty because my stupid LHS doesn't give out receipts for cash transactions!

Dberm,
^ that will probably scrap away it looks more like the residual matter that mine gets in that area as well. You can see swirls however in my unit which could be in your unit as well.

biojuggernaut,

Dberm

Those are definitely scratches... You can see the raw steel underneath. I've been watching for this problem since I heard about it and this spot keeps growing.

Oh yea, my solo is only like 2 weeks old. I was really hoping I didn't have to deal with this! Hopefully Arizer is as kind with me as they were for you guys!

Dberm,
Top Bottom