Arizer Solo

OF!

However, after a lot of use it seems that the o-ring that holds the glass stem has become a little loose, specially after a few heating cycles. I had a simple homemade solution that was to put an additional o-ring between the cap and the heater, and it seems to work ... anyone with any better tips?

View attachment 520 View attachment 519

Hi!! Take care about that !! Putting a oring between the cap and heater and close the cap to the finish can give pressure to the bottom . This can finished in broken base , the ages of screws start to broke and you got a little problem . This can be explain a bit better by our proffesional , SOLO connoisseur and big friend at FC @OF! ( if im not wrong )
:rockon::cheers:

Due caution advised indeed. In fact if you're not mechanically inclined I suggest you pass.

Unfortunately I'm responsible for this idea. Years ago, with the OG Solo. I was annoyed that the seals that hold the stem (there are no o-rings per se) were loose enough that the bent stem would rotate so I proposed that fix. Never intended to do more that resist rotation under gravity. Not make it a handle........

I even went so far as to give out little baggies of the rings to any owners free if they'd send me their name and address for my own 4/20 celebration, several years ago, just shy of 100 sets IIRC. Then Arizer made the cap thicker. Later the oven top 'moved' with changes. Making the original fit too tight or too loose. Lots of guys took to screwing the cover down even tighter, breaking the tabs that hold the base in. No replacement bases since it has the S/N so we went to stacks of tiny SS washers. And stick on pads on the base notched out so the screws wouldn't scratch the table top. Along the line 'I read it on the web' took over and guys went nuts with it after ignoring the initial instructions trying to get tightness never intended on the mod in the first place. Unfortunate,

Sadly, at my suggestion, one of the major sellers started including rings. I regret that, it helped it get out of hand I think.

Arizer doesn't consider a loose stem to be a fault, ask 'em. They won't replace one because (some) stems are loose.

It's yours to wreck of course, but unless you really understand things I suggest avoiding it. A loose stem is not a fault. There are fixed limits to what it can do (not much) without risk and these days with modern Solos calls for careful fitting. For sure no new guys should take it at face value and order up some rings.

Regards.

OF

sacred buddha

The Stoned Divinity
Due caution advised indeed. In fact if you're not mechanically inclined I suggest you pass.

Unfortunately I'm responsible for this idea. Years ago, with the OG Solo. I was annoyed that the seals that hold the stem (there are no o-rings per se) were loose enough that the bent stem would rotate so I proposed that fix. Never intended to do more that resist rotation under gravity. Not make it a handle........

I even went so far as to give out little baggies of the rings to any owners free if they'd send me their name and address for my own 4/20 celebration, several years ago, just shy of 100 sets IIRC. Then Arizer made the cap thicker. Later the oven top 'moved' with changes. Making the original fit too tight or too loose. Lots of guys took to screwing the cover down even tighter, breaking the tabs that hold the base in. No replacement bases since it has the S/N so we went to stacks of tiny SS washers. And stick on pads on the base notched out so the screws wouldn't scratch the table top. Along the line 'I read it on the web' took over and guys went nuts with it after ignoring the initial instructions trying to get tightness never intended on the mod in the first place. Unfortunate,

Sadly, at my suggestion, one of the major sellers started including rings. I regret that, it helped it get out of hand I think.

Arizer doesn't consider a loose stem to be a fault, ask 'em. They won't replace one because (some) stems are loose.

It's yours to wreck of course, but unless you really understand things I suggest avoiding it. A loose stem is not a fault. There are fixed limits to what it can do (not much) without risk and these days with modern Solos calls for careful fitting. For sure no new guys should take it at face value and order up some rings.

Regards.

OF

Thank you so much for letting me know!

The o-ring that I put on is actually very thin, many times it even gets loose under the cap, so I don’t think it is applying too much pressure... but certainly I’ll avoid it and go back to the basic configuration.

I think that Arizer could provide some repair kit or seal replacement that would make the stems more rigid again, a loose one greatly impairs the overall vape experience and even the portability to some extent...

OF!

Thank you so much for letting me know!

I think that Arizer could provide some repair kit or seal replacement that would make the stems more rigid again, a loose one greatly impairs the overall vape experience and even the portability to some extent...

You're welcome, glad to inform. That's what Forums are for.......

Besides, as I said, I feel kind of guilty for the whole idea when it led to good folks damaging their Solos.

It's worth noting that changing the oven to incorporate 3 stiffer seals (mistakenly called o-rings but are actually one molded piece with annular 'ribs') to address just this. As I recall the OG oven doesn't lend itself to the necessary disassembly by average owners, selling replacement parts would cause more problems and they'd have 'to admit' there was a flaw? Remember,, the OG has this 'loose stem' as a feature, you can tip the stem to control air flow. Not possible with Solo II.

OG Solo is a truly great vape IMO, and should be enjoyed as it comes to us. I probably use my OG units more than the Solo II, despite shorter battery etc.

Regards to all.

OF

arb

Semi shaved ape
Solo is still one of the best choices for a portable.
I prefer it over a mighty and only shelved mine when I got a stempod.
Just a rock solid unit all around.

IMG-20180918-152729-hdr.jpg

VANVAS

Solo is still one of the best choices for a portable.
I prefer it over a mighty and only shelved mine when I got a stempod.
Just a rock solid unit all around.

IMG-20180918-152729-hdr.jpg
What about that solo stem ?? Is not from ed right ?

VANVAS,
Reactions: arb

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Arizer experts: Does the Solo “hit harder” than the Air? I have the original Air since the day it was released and it has honestly never gotten anyone here stoned. I once killed a fully charged battery in a group of 3 people, vaping 5 bowls in a row and everyone still felt unsatisfied. I have a moderately high tolerance, but catching a buzz is not unobtanium for me.

For some time now I’ve wondered if it was defective from day one since so many people rave about Arizer vapes.

invertedisdead,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
so many people rave about Arizer vapes

I wonder if you might be inhaling too hard? If you are hitting it as if it were a joint (fast and furious), the rush of cold air cools the cannabis down so low that vapor production ceases. Try hitting it as if you were sucking air through a cocktail straw: slow and easy. I've had very good luck with Arizer portables, and I am a chronic user of cannabis.

Last edited:

Spaced Invader

wow, for hash??
Yes. You can pick up a pack of bowl shaped mesh screens/gauzes from ebay and place the hash in there. Then insert the fully loaded bowl mesh screen into the glass stem. This will stop the hash from falling out of the stem. It provides really good vapour for hash at 210 degrees Celcius (top temperature on the Solo).

OF!

Yes. You can pick up a pack of bowl shaped mesh screens/gauzes from ebay and place the hash in there. Then insert the fully loaded bowl mesh screen into the glass stem. This will stop the hash from falling out of the stem. It provides really good vapour for hash at 210 degrees Celcius (top temperature on the Solo).

An alternative, and perhaps easier, technique is to use a bit of cotton. Either to wrap the hash or to put in after to keep it in place. Cotton is OK at these temperatures.

Important to note this works only with pressed hash, bubble hash (same stuff without pressing) or 'dry' kief. Modern extracts run the serious risk of melting and should be avoided.

High heat is important as are longer than normal 'heat soaks' since conduction will be slower, but it does indeed work well.

OF

sacred buddha

The Stoned Divinity

An alternative, and perhaps easier, technique is to use a bit of cotton. Either to wrap the hash or to put in after to keep it in place. Cotton is OK at these temperatures.

Important to note this works only with pressed hash, bubble hash (same stuff without pressing) or 'dry' kief. Modern extracts run the serious risk of melting and should be avoided.

High heat is important as are longer than normal 'heat soaks' since conduction will be slower, but it does indeed work well.

OF

That is interesting... I've tried several techniques to use hash with a dry herb vape, but even at high temps I always think that the extraction was not adequate enough leaving a lot hash material behind as waste...

Spaced Invader

That is interesting... I've tried several techniques to use hash with a dry herb vape, but even at high temps I always think that the extraction was not adequate enough leaving a lot hash material behind as waste...

With pressed resins/imported hash it always leaves hash abv/residue behind as it's not a full melt extract. If it was a shatter/crumble or similar concentrate it would melt away.

Spaced Invader,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

happynomoretobacco

OF
I am always very positiv surprised how much Meditation vapor came from so little amount of bubblehash. I can go to 220 with the Solo2. Its perfect at end of the day for me.

PoisonousHydra

Arizer experts: Does the Solo “hit harder” than the Air? I have the original Air since the day it was released and it has honestly never gotten anyone here stoned. I once killed a fully charged battery in a group of 3 people, vaping 5 bowls in a row and everyone still felt unsatisfied. I have a moderately high tolerance, but catching a buzz is not unobtanium for me.

For some time now I’ve wondered if it was defective from day one since so many people rave about Arizer vapes.

I have tried both in group settings and have never really gotten satisfactory results from them. When I use it by myself, however... this thing gets me ripped.

I always kind of felt like it was named the Solo for good reason: they never really intended for this to be a "pass around" unit.

When I pack a bowl in my Solo I run it two times on Level 4 and then finish off by running it once on Level 5. I usually start to feel pretty medicated somewhere around the end of the second Level 4 run, but when using it in a group it is nearly impossible to get enough hits from it to maintain a decent buzz from my personal experience.

I do not own an Air but I do not recall there being too much of a difference between the quality / consistency of the vapour from trying one that belongs to a friend. Perhaps someone who owns both can chime in with more info here?

Buzzbomb Almighty

Besides, as I said, I feel kind of guilty for the whole idea when it led to good folks damaging their Solos.
Don't beat yourself up too much, OF, I suspect just as many if not more bases were damaged not by O-rings, but by tight-fitting stems being jabbed into the Solo hard enough that when they strike the bottom of the oven, they jar the works enough to crack the plastic at the anchor points. 2 out of my 3 have tape over the bases.

Modnote: Edited to remove reply from quote tags.

Last edited by a moderator:

dormouse

Just logged on after some years of absence, great to see there's still a lot of activity. Sorry for not reading through all the pages, but can anyone tell me where to get stems and GonG adapters for the Solo / Solo 2 these days, particularly High Efficiency? They seem to be always out of stock at Planetvape, and Arizer does not presently ship to Europe.

My Solo 1 remains my absolute favorite vape, even after many years of use. It's time to upgrade to the Solo 2, though, just ordered one. Am I correct in assuming that all the stems and GonG adapters that will fit with the Solo 1 will also fit with the Solo 2? Planetvape seems to indicate otherwise, so it's a bit confusing.

Also, what's your opinion on High Efficiency stems/GonGs vs. regular ones. I've always used HE, but perhaps the regular ones are fine. The Atomic Flow Booster Stem looks interesting, any opinions on it?

Thanks.

OF

Just logged on after some years of absence, great to see there's still a lot of activity. Sorry for not reading through all the pages, but can anyone tell me where to get stems and GonG adapters for the Solo / Solo 2 these days, particularly High Efficiency? They seem to be always out of stock at Planetvape, and Arizer does not presently ship to Europe.

Also, what's your opinion on High Efficiency stems/GonGs vs. regular ones. I've always used HE, but perhaps the regular ones are fine. The Atomic Flow Booster Stem looks interesting, any opinions on it?

AFAIK, 'High Efficiency' stems come exclusively from Planet Vape, unfortunately. They are hard to find in stock, but I managed to somehow get them to tell me when they had stock again. It's been long enough that there may have then been a 'tell me when they're back in stock' link, or maybe it was begging the Customer Service types.

Your second question is a good one. IMO since this is a conduction vape, vapor can only be made as fast as heat conducts in. Increasing the flow of (cold) air coming in can only lessen that? You get more volume, easier draw, but THINNER, LESS POTENT vapor. Total THC in the hit is less? Sipping, with whatever stem, gets you the best results.

Your call, of course. But I think most of us have gone back to stock stems? BTW consider the plastic topped short stems for the Air (they fit 14mm GonG fittings). Yes, the Solo (both models) and Air (both models) use the same stems. Argo is an exception (smaller in diameter, deeper oven.

Nice to be 'home again' on FC, isn't it?

Regards to all.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
AFAIK, 'High Efficiency' stems come exclusively from Planet Vape, unfortunately. They are hard to find in stock, but I managed to somehow get them to tell me when they had stock again. It's been long enough that there may have then been a 'tell me when they're back in stock' link, or maybe it was begging the Customer Service types.

Your second question is a good one. IMO since this is a conduction vape, vapor can only be made as fast as heat conducts in. Increasing the flow of (cold) air coming in can only lessen that? You get more volume, easier draw, but THINNER, LESS POTENT vapor. Total THC in the hit is less? Sipping, with whatever stem, gets you the best results.

Your call, of course. But I think most of us have gone back to stock stems? BTW consider the plastic topped short stems for the Air (they fit 14mm GonG fittings). Yes, the Solo (both models) and Air (both models) use the same stems. Argo is an exception (smaller in diameter, deeper oven.

Nice to be 'home again' on FC, isn't it?

Regards to all.

OF
SOLO is basic however medicate’s CANNABIS if that is your medicine?

Muttley

The temperature setting that works best for me with the Airizer Solo 1, is the fourth or fifth indicator light settings. I am constantly amazed at the sheer volume of vapor that the Airizer Solo 1 extracts from just one single bowl-full. One could literally keep exhaling billowing clouds of flavorful vapor until the unit times out and shuts off.

I could ramble on, waxing lyrical about the sublime qualities of the Airizer Solo 1, but I'll save that for later ha ha.

Top Bottom