Arizer Solo

TheWhisper

Good call, but I suggest at PM or other direct contact will be more effective than leaving such a post in this thread (one of several vapes he supports) without at least 'calling him out' (using the "@" thing so he'll be notified there's a post about him?).

OF

Yup, I PMed him on Saturday, right after I made my original image post :D

Fightra

How does Arizer solo compare to lets say S&B Mighty? Does it need a bong adapter to really shine?
Or does it shine at all? Is it a satisfying vape compared to mighty? :) I know MFLB sucked..

Fightra

Mostly good clouds will do and as I said the price is a point...
What flaws there is in Solo then? :p I remember hearing that it has quite a draw resistance?
How about Solo vs Air then?

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Mostly good clouds will do and as I said the price is a point...
What flaws there is in Solo then? :p I remember hearing that it has quite a draw resistance?
How about Solo vs Air then?
Do you want clouds or price? Solo can definitely deliver clouds at 7 with the appropriate grind and a water tool, however the Mighty will do it with a lot less effort. You're also looking at well over $200 price difference, and from what has been reported on FC, seems like the Mighty likes to break more often, meaning more downtime between getting it sent in, looked at, and sent back. I've seen multiple people in the Mighty thread go on to their second or third (some even more!) Mighty... meanwhile I still have and regularly use the same ol' Solo from some years back. Solo has preset temperatures vs the Mighty's much wider range where you can select a specific amount of heat. All I know is I'll replace my Solo with another Solo if I have to :shrug: oh yeah... the battery is a lot easier to replace on a Solo than it is on the Mighty, when the time comes...

TheWhisper

Looks like Ed doesn't have any 18mm WonGs and is too focused on his current log vape project (which is shaping up to be very cool!) to make any more :(

Now what to do? Anyone looking to sell theirs? :p

TheWhisper

PIU has some in stock.

I just checked and, unfortunately, those are the 14mm WonGs.

EDIT: I guess I could find some sort of seamless 18->14 adapter and then get one of Ed's 14mm WonGs? Anyone know a good low-profile 18mm -> 14mm adapter that I can just leave sitting in my D020-D and that will be snug?

EDIT2: Something like this?

EDIT3: Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do — this adapter from AquaLab and then one of Ed's 14mm WonG WPAs.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I just checked and, unfortunately, those are the 14mm WonGs.

EDIT: I guess I could find some sort of seamless 18->14 adapter and then get one of Ed's 14mm WonGs? Anyone know a good low-profile 18mm -> 14mm adapter that I can just leave sitting in my D020-D and that will be snug?

EDIT2: Something like this?

EDIT3: Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do — this adapter from AquaLab and then one of Ed's 14mm WonG WPAs.

Yeah...the gong thang got a little confusing for me so I worked with @stickstones and he was able to steer me in the right direction. Maybe you and him should get together. He purchased a few items for testing and then allowed me to buy the ones that worked best. Try messaging him for advice.....

OF

You should be very happy with the quality of that part, I have one, it's top notch for sure.

However, be careful, it's also longer than many/most. That is the 18mm OD fits deep into the mating female (let it pass, guys........). This can interfere and hold it up preventing a seal. I don't have a D-20 so can't test if for you. But beware?

OF

TheWhisper

You should be very happy with the quality of that part, I have one, it's top notch for sure.

However, be careful, it's also longer than many/most. That is the 18mm OD fits deep into the mating female (let it pass, guys........). This can interfere and hold it up preventing a seal. I don't have a D-20 so can't test if for you. But beware?

OF

18mm OD? What's OD stand for?

How would it being deep prevent it from forming a seal? I feel like that would make it more likely to seal, unless the female 18mm was too shallow.

I already purchased it though, so we'll see how it goes.

OF

18mm OD? What's OD stand for?

Outside Diameter.

How would it being deep prevent it from forming a seal?

Sorry for not being clear enough. When I said it was longer than most, could enter the female far enough to interfere and that could prevent a seal, I meant it can stick too far in, hit interference and not seal..........

You'll find out or not, depending.

Outside diameter

Tough to pass on the jokes @OF. Way too easy. Hardly know where to start.

Yeah, I know. I'd hoped by being blunt I'd get the point across.......

You're right, a guy doesn't get many straight lines around here.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
How does Arizer solo compare to lets say S&B Mighty? Does it need a bong adapter to really shine?
Or does it shine at all? Is it a satisfying vape compared to mighty? :) I know MFLB sucked..
I have high powered vaporizers. (BEFORE BED)
I have medium powered vaporizers. (EXTRA SESSIONS)
I have a SOLO after coffee, lunch appointment, 420, gardening, reading. (so cheap)

You will have many vaporizers for various reasons.
UBSqejT.jpg

Find your sweet spot!
Be CIVILIZED!
@Morty being CIVILIZED

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've been using my Enano basket screen in my shorty stem and it works great. I couldn't remember where my stash of screens went for the Solo? I like using this. Check out the new glass over in the glass section for the Solo under Ed' TnT Glass section.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/eds-tnt-glass-section-say-what.22689/
I need try some of @Ed's TnT s stuff!
ycQcTaQ.jpg

I was 90% h2o so wanted to run dry so I had a old JHOOK from TEXAS that was the size as the GonG I had left!(need to order some PHVES GonG's)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nice hook!
@CarolKing is right the SOLO taste great with a SHERLOCK.

I have some 14mm and 18mm JHOOKS (SHERLOCKS) to play with.

The one above is 14mm

A SOLO is very light however it will FUCK you up!

I love lab work with this device = CIVILIZED

Every-end of the spectrum: {HIGH; MEDIUM; LOW} = VAPORIZERS or WATER CAN'S

This is CIVILIZED = SOLO

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
Please measure somebody caliper external dimensions of the plastic base? I need a plastic outer (length and width) dimensions.

I have created the first prototyp for replacing the damaged bottom. Produced on the 3D printer. Only unscrew the screws and put on the bottom and screwed over the original.

I have not got the original bottom for testing. I offer free - I pay postage :-) - to send to someone in one piece. Someone who try it and give me feedback. But beware might not fit 100%.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5c2xneurg800bs/prototyp_botom_09_2016.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tojgyy8jkuftgf/prototyp_botom_09_2016_2.jpg?dl=0

Thank you for your help

Last edited:
kilrtjat,

VANVAS

I have high powered vaporizers. (BEFORE BED)
I have medium powered vaporizers. (EXTRA SESSIONS)
I have a SOLO after coffee, lunch appointment, 420, gardening, reading. (so cheap)

You will have many vaporizers for various reasons.
UBSqejT.jpg

Find your sweet spot!
Be CIVILIZED!
@Morty being CIVILIZED
Hello @ataxian , can you tell us what's your high and medium vaporizers please ??
Im interesting about this...

Top Bottom