Arizer Solo

OF

Just one question for you seasoned veterans. OMG AM I GOING TO BE OK??? :science:

Gee, beats me, were you ever OK before?

What's the old joke about the guy getting a cast? "Doc, will I be able to play the piano when this cast comes off?". "Why sure". "That's great! I've never been able to and I'd sure like it....".

As guys have pointed out, the dangers are two fold. First you can take more than you intended since the dosage isn't clear. Secondly you can take more than you intended by the well established 'well nothing seems to have happened yet, I think I'll try a little more.....'. By a show of hands, who hasn't done that at least once?

Eating not only has the normal delay, but often having food in your stomach or something else you don't consider can get you to do something really dumb looking back on it. The downside is probably crashing it and wasting what should have been a couple doses if you'd had your whits about you and 'firing on all 4'.

Enjoy it, please, by all means. Remember, "that which doesn't kill us outright makes us stronger".

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
"Doc, will I be able to play the piano when this cast comes off?".

OF
I used a OMICRON tip from a CART for the seal to fix the CHILLUM as a tip for my STOCK STEM. The razor blade is to clean the excess.

This is something I do for my liking.
It's not for everybody!

You have to bring a clean stem in to the SMOKE SHOP with the seal.

Finding one to fit is very CINDERELLA!
35UnWgF.jpg

colgorkan

Arizer solo with small amount of cannabis??
Hi,
I have a pen type and am now looking at the Arizer solo which seems to be a great unit for the price.
I vape only a very small amount at a time, a really small amount helps my med issues and gets me high.
The solo chamber goes in "upside down", on videos they pack the chamber full so it doesn't fall out.
How would this work with a small amount of cannabis/ would it work??
In trying to judge size of the solo chamber, it looks like I'd use about 1/10 of the chamber.
Wouldn't it all fall out when inserted?
Thanks for any help on answering this!!

I get the $.99 variety pack of fine stainless steel screens from my LHS that includes two or three per pack of the appropriate size (approx 3/4") to make "shorty" stems at about 30- 60% of full volume.

Most people use the dumb end of a sharpie pen to produce dome shaped screens. I prefer a flat dome and dome all my screens over the user end of a 1/4" hex head driver bit with a diameter of approximately 0.4" (minutely larger than the diameter of a AAA battery which will work). The resulting screens can be trimmed to reduce the bowl to 30 - 60% of the original volume and retain a flat bottom.

Place the screen flat on a piece of rubber or other similar firm but yielding surface and center the 1/4 driver bit or other 0.4" diameter dowell over the screen to press into the rubber surface. Press hard and set the edge with a few hammer taps. Remove from the rubber and roll the sides on the dowell evenly into a tube shape with your fingers. The goal is to bend the edges all the way over so the screen stays in the tube shape on its own. It will look like a tiny open-bottomed drum when done and be ever so slightly smaller diameter than the stem. Trim the raw edges with scissors so it will set down flat to the glass partition in the stem and work it in to the stem carefully.

The screens are a bit delicate to install the first time but once set they stay in place. I keep a safety pin in my kit in order to poke through the mesh for screen removal.

SpruceGruve

Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue
Hey guy sorry for this,but the search function is down.
Where is the cheapest place to order another solo in canada,I need to get three for some sick people I know.

I know like 40 pages ago somwhere,someone posted a eBay seller selling the newest model for like $129-135$
Normally I would buy from planetvape or PIU,but when buying three as gifts I want a cheep price.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey guy sorry for this,but the search function is down.
Where is the cheapest place to order another solo in canada,I need to get three for some sick people I know.

I know like 40 pages ago somwhere,someone posted a eBay seller selling the newest model for like $129-135$
Normally I would buy from planetvape or PIU,but when buying three as gifts I want a cheep price.
Keep in mind, the last I heard PIU price matches.
:nod:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I tried some G 13 semi bubble it melts if you handle it for a bit but it's not proper melt.

Cotton wool not too successful. Mixed in with herbs. Best method was heat setting 2 then 3 up to 7 in increments and when it auto shut off restored it and another 5 hits.

The cheese was well cooked and the hash now resembled indian/pakistani/afgani black it was malleable but had zero oils in it.

I'm not sure 410 f is hot enough for hash?

Still it wiped me out and I had to lay down
Organic Cotton I've used to encase shatter to vaporize in the SOLO.
I use something else with 2 x 18350's 7.4volts of power for full melt and hash.
Shatter is 10,000,000,000,000,000x better tasting than hash!

Last edited:

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
Organic Cotton I've used to encase shatter to vaporize in the SOLO.
I use something else with 2 x 18350's 7.4volts of power for full melt and hash.
Shatter is 10,000,000,000,000,000x better tasting than hash!

I've got some G 13 oil as well it looks dark and gooey not had oil for 12 ish years I might try freezing it is that a good idea?

I was awaiting the new glass pong for the PnP as it goes to higher temps is the 410 level 7 setting on the solo hot enough for oil/hash?

cityslang,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've got some G 13 oil as well it looks dark and gooey not had oil for 12 ish years I might try freezing it is that a good idea?

I was awaiting the new glass pong for the PnP as it goes to higher temps is the 410 level 7 setting on the solo hot enough for oil/hash?
The SOLO will work.
I'm sure the PnP will work as well.

My approach is a bit different than most.

I use tools made for concentrates.
Tools for FLOWERS.

Sounds like your trying to do it all with one device?

Concentrate Tool's!

For Portable Battery Powered Flower I just use the SOLO.

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
The SOLO will work.
I'm sure the PnP will work as well.

My approach is a bit different

Sounds like your trying to do it all with one device?

Wow that's some serious kit. I'm new to vaping have a solo and now a PnP I usually just use flowers but in last 6 months have had some fresh afgani black and the 2 G 13 variations have 2g of the oil not used it yet.

I'll try the oil in the solo ill try the cotton wool for this or is flower sandwich better?

I think the rise in oils/resins is after cropping the growers are now turning the unsellable matter into oils?

cityslang,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think the rise in oils/resins is after cropping the growers are now turning the unsellable matter into oils?

Concentrates are made from the sugar trim after a harvest.

Flowers are the real deal!

I make my own SHATTER when I have more flower than I can Vaporize.
TOP COLAS (Flower) is the best form of cannabis.
Concentrates are powerful and if made correctly taste pretty good.
I medicate with both.

KIEF, HASH, FULL MELTS, PURE GOLD, CO2 OIL all give me a headache!

SHATTER, CRUMBLED (BLOND) well purged wax are my favorite concentrates!

Right, Wrong or Indifferent!

We all have our take on the subject!

Last edited:

OF

My approach is a bit different than most.

Do tell, Ataxian........

While I doubt you could fool even casual readers who've been around for a month or two more, I think it's a great plan to warn the new guys. Kudos.

Now, if we could just get a couple of these other jokers to own up......

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

vv132

hey sofar on my m1e loving the straight stem at level 4 but bent stem I have to pump up to level 6 to see clouds is this normal? Basically dont use the bent stem now, used to on the m1d2

vv132,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
hey sofar on my m1e loving the straight stem at level 4 but bent stem I have to pump up to level 6 to see clouds is this normal? Basically dont use the bent stem now, used to on the m1d2
Kinda, my straight stem makes a tighter seal than my bent stem, but not enough to require two power levels. It's just that the bent has less resistance and the straight has more resistance, for me anyways.

Burken

Its the opposite for me, my straight stem fits very loose and wiggles around so much I never use it.
Fortunately I really like the bent stem so its all good!

Caligula

Maximus
Got my replacement, replacement Solo from PIU today. For anyone who cares:

20140313_123202_zpscb06e56d.jpg

20140313_123308_zps079a0a7d.jpg

And yes, it charges while heating. Doing burn-off sessions right now, ill update after I get to test it out.

Edit: Yup... I thought maybe I was tripping and that I just forgot what a Solo can do after using my E-Nano for so long. I was second guessing myself, thinking that maybe the Solo is fine and I just forgot how to load it? LOL. No, I was right. My previous model wasnt working properly. Cloud city with this new one my friend. And hardly any draw restriction with the stock stem compared to the older versions too. Very nice.

40b96f717103244d7d9dea023de22820619058efade0a529f2938430963ed6c7.jpg

Edit #2:

@canj00digit? Just tried it through my WT and that 18.8mm HE turbo-shorty GonG you so graciously provided to me free of charge. IT WORKS SUPER TITS! Like I said, I wanted to reserve judgement. ;) Thanks again!

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
easy fix, realign and torch the shit out of it.
magic healing glass. might not work tho :p
I didn't think it would work very well, and probably not be structurally stable since I wouldn't be able to heat both sides like I'd want to. I ended up taking my torch to the jagged stem, and polished the entire crack. Now I just need to find one of those ecig tips to put over it and I'm back in business. Though now I'll need to get another straight stem that isn't broken. Or maybe I'll try to find a chillum that fits? :science:

Top Bottom