Arizer Solo

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Does anyone ever put their solo in a mcdonalds cup or something when they go out? Living in the NYC area makes things tough to conceal things, and I wanted to know what everyone uses to keep their solo hidden or discreet in public (if anything).
yup. sure do i built a mcdonalds cup solo mod with a door so i can access the buttons. i used the packaging the solo came in from the box and shaped it to fit in the cup so the solo does not move and i use the PV stealth stem with a straw i cut so its a normal length coming out of the cup. works like a charm and super stealthy

Haymaker94

yup. sure do i built a mcdonalds cup solo mod with a door so i can access the buttons. i used the packaging the solo came in from the box and shaped it to fit in the cup so the solo does not move and i use the PV stealth stem with a straw i cut so its a normal length coming out of the cup. works like a charm and super stealthy

Mind if you put up a pic showing the cup, I have a general idea of how you built it, just wanna see. Also where did you purchase your PV stealth stem?

Haymaker94,
Reactions: Sativape

GenYHippie

Can someone recommend a decent case for a Solo? Mrs PoopMachine gave me a Solo but sadly it showed up with all the glass busted. Waiting for replacement glass to show up now.

Im kind of handy so I plan to make one but you can take any container that will fit it just get some foam (hardware store or from a florist) to cut out spaces for the unit and glass. Im going to make a custom oak box for mine with area for herb jars when I feel up to it

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Can someone recommend a decent case for a Solo? Mrs PoopMachine gave me a Solo but sadly it showed up with all the glass busted. Waiting for replacement glass to show up now.

I just use old camera cases. This tiny Tamrac is my favorite now. Big enough to hold Solo, charger, stems, mouthpieces and herb containers(35mm film cannisters):

tamrac1.jpg

tamrac2.jpg

I have another(a Lowen Pro) that holds a PA and external battery pak as well as my Pinnacle Water Tool. Goodwill, 2nd hand stores and garage sales are good for finding this kind of thing.

GenYHippie

I just use old camera cases. This tiny Tamrac is my favorite now. Big enough to hold Solo, charger, stems, mouthpieces and herb containers(35mm film cannisters):

tamrac1.jpg

tamrac2.jpg

I have another(a Lowen Pro) that holds a PA and external battery pak as well as my Pinnacle Water Tool. Goodwill, 2nd hand stores and garage sales are good for finding this kind of thing.

That is a really AWESOME idea! Im going to go see if I have anyt hat will fit mine tillt he box gets built. Right now I have it and my herb in a craft caddy organizer, not ideal

GenYHippie,

as

Grinders fuck that solo dose hole buds no need to grind so why grind

You could go all out and get a exapensive grinder or you could buy more flowers!

With vaping I only grind for vapes I have to grind in or if I want to mix it up

I just use a cheap 2 part grinder and can grind as fin as I wish

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Let's do it DDave.

How do we make a thread?

I have a Super Silver Haze crossed with another Sativa dominant strain, but my buddy couldn't remember.

Can you create the new thread?
DUTCH TREAT crossed with JACK HERER = DUTCH CRUNCH (DUTCH TREAT #5)
HYBRID + SATIVA = FAVOR/EFFECT using a SOLO
Grinders fuck that solo dose hole buds no need to grind so why grind

I just use a cheap 2 part grinder and can grind as fin as I wish

Two part grinders I like.
You can remove the KEIF collector from most grinders!
I like my sessions to include the complete profile of the flower.
Never understood the logic of separating the KEIF?
For $10 - $15 you can buy a gram and add a small scoop to some of your sessions!

Plus a fine grind like for a MFLB is not necessary.
A pair of scissors is enough (just cut the flower up for your load).

Do what ever your needs are!

Coarsely broken up is the way I like it.
Some like a finer grind!

Right, Wrong or indifferent?

Last edited:

omar

Been using my PVES stem and turbo gong, personally I find it a bit airy but my friends who had trouble with the inhaling technique for the solo seem to enjoy the PVES stem. I will be ordering a ground stem from planetvape because I want a gong attachment to my solo but do not want any air slits.

Awhile back I read in this thread people were using honeycomb glass screens on the top of the bowl, anyone care to chime in on that? Worth it? Would protect the weed and help the convection process

omar,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
. I will be ordering a ground stem from planetvape because I want a gong attachment to my solo but do not want any air slits.

Awhile back I read in this thread people were using honeycomb glass screens on the top of the bowl, anyone care to chime in on that? Worth it? Would protect the weed and help the convection process
I just started using the PHVES and installed the seal under the cap.
I love the PHVES.
However I still love my stock stems and in fact like the resistance it provides.
So I like both for different reasons.

Get the stock stems you love them. (mix it up!)

Sometimes I let the flower make contact with the bowl direct & sometimes I add a glass DAISY or DISC to create more of a indirect effect!

I have to set the Heat Level higher than my normal settings when I use the separation.

There is not a right or wrong way!
MIX IT UP!

omar

I have installed the thin seal and like it a lot. On the planetvape site, when they refer to "Solo Ground Gong adapter" it just means no PHVES slits correct?

And thank you again for the guidance Ataxian, happy vaping brother

OF

Believe that when charging the heat mode can be used by setting the heat level. When actually heating the charge is reduced to a trickle. However the battery will probably last longer if not used in this way. Best practice is to get the proper PA to avoid using the battery as much as possible when external power is available.

IMO good advice with one important correction. The heater uses about twice the power the charger can deliver (2 Amps and 1 Amp respectively). This means when the heater is off (LED not flashing) the battery charges at about 1 Amp, when it heats the battery discharges at about that same rate to make up for the needed power. Not 'reduces to a trickle' (which would be no big deal probably) but it literally sucks the charge from 20 seconds before back out again......no net progress in charge despite lots of charging action going on. Nothing but needlessly charging and discharging the battery that sooner or later will fail from being charged and discharged too often. No net gain.

And if, as I suspect most owners will, you leave it plugged in so 'it's always ready' this means you're constantly charging to full capacity......a known battery killer. Ideally you want to 'store' at less than full charge for longest battery life. Like happens to cell phones and laptops where this is the common scheme. I think we all know examples of such gear that now has basically no useful battery and must be 'constantly plugged in' to use?

I think I can successfully defend the stand that this is the worst possible battery management technique? Well short of constantly running it into the mud perhaps. IMO a stand alone PA that doesn't charge and stopping charge before the LED stops flashing will give longest battery life.

Again, I think it's worth considering that this new scheme (traditional in other products) is the easier/cheaper scheme of the two to use. They went to a LOT of trouble to make the charge and PA functions separate (IMO for battery life reasons) and it wasn't until we demanded this 'better' scheme that they changed. IMO once again the Engineers doing the R&D on the product knew what they were doing.....perhaps better than the traditional 'always right' customer?

Any specific reason why some people dome their screens as opposed to just fitting the flat screen in the glass stem?

Aside from reducing the load (on which I'm in the 'I don't really want that' boat as well) doming has a great anti fouling/airflow advantage. Flat screens are blocked except for the part opposite the holes in the glass. Automatically you block between about 35 and 75% of the area of the flow path. Screens are mostly metal (especially the finer grades), the holes are a small fraction of the total. And localized fouling quickly reduces that further as the small holes in the mesh close up quickly. Doming lets vapor pass through the entire screen, the whole screen is active. Fouling is slowed to a crawl (over a ten fold improvement IIRC) and the restriction is reduced a fair bit initially and a LOT over all.

I recommend doming 5/8 screens (1/2 ones lay flat), and using a bent pin tip to hook the mesh and pull it out when fouled. Flame it with your lighter, brush it off, and put it back. Clean again in under a minute.

OF

poonman

RE ; screens
These are still my favorite to use from the very beginning .
I will however , have to try @OF flame torch cleaning advice method .Even tho a 2 minute quick soak in iso works well , I find it helps in the deterioration of these screens . ie fraying and losing it's top-hat dome shape .

vo0FUkO.png

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
These are still my favorite to use from the very beginning .

Level 5 was too warm I had to drop it to 4.
Next session I will start at level 3!
Vo63db9.jpg

I did some crazy path with the D020 and SOLO with 14mm gong no screen course ground GPD!

I watched a YOU TUBE VIDEO of the 2014 Portables?

What lies to compare portables against one ran through water.
Then to claim the one through water is Superior? Why not judge them all with water path?
Trickery!

I need to clean my D020 I know!

Last edited:
Top Bottom