Arizer Solo

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I am very confused though over Arizer's practices in handling these warranty claims. i was talking over the process with another member of this board (i will leave out who they are as that is irreverent to this post) who had a different experience with Arizer than me. we are both from the US and in our emails we both spoke to the same "Kevin" person but that is where the similarities stop. the other member was told to send the unit to a US address and was invoiced less than what i was invoiced and was told it was 2 day priority. i was told to send the unit to a Canadian address and was asked to prepay $30.00 for express shipping and and i should return my unit to the using USPS express. none of my prior conversations with "Kevin" did i say i "wanted this back fast" or "i need this back quickly" so i never implied i required express shipping. so why was another member offered 2 day shipping AND a US address to send to??

Those folks are busy, and it's not easy being consistent (as I know from being human). Here's how you do it:

Wait a little bit, a couple weeks or a month. Write a new email to their support (don't reply to a previously one), saying you want to confirm the address to send the unit to, and then put the US address down. Hopefully they'll just scan through the email and greenlight you. Doesn't hurt to herd the process how you want it.

If that doesn't work, I'd just send it priority, which will have tracking. I can't see how anyone would benefit from express, unless he got the impression you were in a big hurry about the whole thing.

syrupy,

2clicker

Observer
i got the o-rings in the mail but i cant get the top to screw on when i use it. any advice?

wasnt able to find anything in my search that wasnt related to other attachments (i'm using the stems that came with the solo).

this is why i prefer a silicone washer over an oring. its thinner and offers more surface area for gripping the stems.

ive had the same washer in my solo since last march and it still works perfectly.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I pack the stem by hand I never mastered the sucking technique!
My hands must be a bit heat sensitive or it might just be my Solo, but I usually finish my stems at 6 through water and the bowl gets real warm. I don't really feel like waiting for it to cool down sometimes to pack a second stem. I had a nice crescent burn mark on my finger from trying that. Plus I know you like flavor and whole nugs, I prefer a medium-fine grind most of the time so it's easier to load by sucking it in. I do like a stem or two of whole-nug from every strain, though, the flavor profile is fantastic! My jhook seems to allow enough air in to swirl the vapor around and thin/cool the hit enough to not irritate me at all and still blow some nice clouds :cool:

And I think the silicone washers are different from the o-rings...

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Silicone washers...hmmm. Just off the top of my head, you could probably make your own out of one of those silicone pot holders. Just take off the top of the solo, flip it over and trace the hole onto the silicone and cut it out. Then cut around the hole you just made to make the washer. Your choice on how wide to make it. The flat surface of the silicone washer edges would hold better than round o ring edges.

Caligula

Maximus
Silicone washers...hmmm. Just off the top of my head, you could probably make your own out of one of those silicone pot holders. Just take off the top of the solo, flip it over and trace the hole onto the silicone and cut it out. Then cut around the hole to make the washer. Your choice on how wide to make it. The flat surface of the silicone washer edges would hold better than round o ring edges.

Cost of washer < cost of pot holder

Quetzalcoatl

Silicone washers...hmmm. Just off the top of my head, you could probably make your own out of one of those silicone pot holders. Just take off the top of the solo, flip it over and trace the hole onto the silicone and cut it out. Then cut around the hole to make the washer. Your choice on how wide to make it. The flat surface of the silicone washer would hold better than a round o ring.
Keep in mind that the silicone o-rings we're using here are high temperature resistant... I would assume (hope) that pot holders are also high temp silicone as well.

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Cost of washer < cost of pot holder
Very true. Only if you don't have a silicone pot holder already. Remember, it was off the top of MY head, lol. I have one of those pot holders.
Keep in mind that the silicone o-rings we're using here are high temperature resistant... I would assume (hope) that pot holders are also high temp silicone as well.
The one I have is. Not sure about others.

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
@wakenvape 13 - that made me laugh :lol:

@mmenzie - I'm sorry to hear that, I can't find a phone # either. A freind of mine always goes to the companies facebook page and posts his issue there, he gets results quicker than calling. There is an FB
page for arizer solo, but it has very little activity. Maybe try it anyway?

I have a question, how little can I load in the Solo's bowl? If I cover the screen is that enough? Mine is "out for delivery" but mail has come already I think..........uh oh.

pigfoot,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I don't think the pot holders are high temp. I have a bunch and never saw anywhere the temp rating. Remember they don't get all that hot. You don't put them in the oven you just grab a pan with them Personally if it wasn't stamped at the temp ratings we need I wouldn't use it.

The new solos will need o-rings or high temp washers just like the older ones. If you are really ocd about the top not turning all the way down you might have to trim. I have one with a washer and one with a ring and neither close 100% but close. I personally don't really care and even loosen it a bit more to pull the stem out without struggling.

Welcome all new solo owners.

@pigfoot , If this is your first time using a solo you are going to have issues only putting in such a small amount. You have to learn the machine. You can dome a screen so that will give you a way smaller bowl size. I think that is a better way to go. The solo doesn't hold all that much with a domed screen.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

@mmenzie - I'm sorry to hear that, I can't find a phone # either. A freind of mine always goes to the companies facebook page and posts his issue there, he gets results quicker than calling. There is an FB

I have a question, how little can I load in the Solo's bowl? If I cover the screen is that enough? Mine is "out for delivery" but mail has come already I think..........uh oh.
You can load as much in the Solo as you want. You can buy the shorty PVHES glass stems from PlanetVape they use less herb, but you don't have to.
I'm hearing some are able to use the PVHES stems from PV and some are not with the new design of the Solo. Is the jury still out on that one?

Quetzalcoatl

You can "dome" a screen to really reduce the amount of bowl space. I managed to get a few screens to sit in such a way that I now have about 1/3 - 1/4 the original bowl space on my straight stem. Basically I put a larger screen in so that when it sat flat inside the extra screen went up around the inside of the stem and then sat a 1/2 inch screen on the rim of the bigger screen... if that makes any sense? Like @Pinnacle Pro said you can buy a shorty version of the stem but the "problem" with those is that you can't load more than what it allows, whereas with regular stems you can reduce the size with screens. When using less I prefer to have it a little closer to the heating element.

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
thanks - domed screen it is.

EDIT - well it arrived. Been reading this thread, so I did my two cycles empty @ 7, but the chamber still smells nasty. Chemically - VOC type smell. One of those smells that "sticks" in one's nose. Urrrgghhh. Does not make me want to vape herbs. This may be going back.

Last edited:

Curiousone

So you're saying that your Eds wooden stem doesnt work well with the newer model Solo?

Well...not exactly. First off, I'm a fan for life for Ed's Solo Stems. However, with the added airflow it isn't as high of a vapor:air ratio. Now more air, less vapor. Basically, instead of starting at 3, I have to start at 5 to get the same performance. So I'm not really crying about it, just stating a fact that might help someone down the road.

I personally used the stock stems for a long time...I got used to the draw and worked with it. If I hadn't broken both stems, I might have never ventured away from stock. Ed's stem takes away (what I call) the "crackpipe" look and adds indestructibility! Edit: It has also has a little more airflow over stock

In other words, I suggest trying it stock and making a decision from there (to new buyers). I seems just about right with the holes at their current size and the draw on the stock stem.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
thanks - domed screen it is.

EDIT - well it arrived. Been reading this thread, so I did my two cycles empty @ 7, but the chamber still smells nasty. Chemically - VOC type smell. One of those smells that "sticks" in one's nose. Urrrgghhh. Does not make me want to vape herbs. This may be going back.
Maybe give her a swab out with a slightly ISO Alcohol dampened q-tip? Then a final burn-off at 7 for 12 mins?

I tried packing a stem when it was hot once... Once ;) now I vacuum the stems like that, too.
I vacuum pack a hot stem, but use the glass EQ Stir Tool, wide end, to lightly tap if stem is too hot...

Mods: Sorry for the back to back post! (Modnote: Merged.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom