Arizer Solo

equatorgringo

Hi guys, really looking hard at the Solo. Will be my first "real quality" portable vaporizer purchase (as I don't clasify the last two Atmos pens that I had to be quality vaporizers).

I understand that there are older versions out there and newer versions with the upgraded features of being able to use while charging and improved airflow. I obviously want to make sure and grab that version!

Anyways, after browsing around I found good prices on Ebay, lot's like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEWEST-Ariz...632?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f29e19680

"BRAND NEW ARIZER SOLO PORTABLE VAPORIZERS are Received EVERY 2 WEEKS From Arizer - and have the NEWEST HIGHLIGHTS:
* The Solo can now be used while charging
* The airflow to the heating chamber has been improved for better performance."

Anyone have any reason to doubt this? I mean, it would be a chance and that price seems super cheap so I am wary about it, but how would you know the difference between that listing and another that is $180+ when both sellers are top rated and basically claim the same thing in the listings?

As a newbie any input would be much appreciated! :)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hi guys, really looking hard at the Solo. Will be my first "real quality" portable vaporizer purchase (as I don't clasify the last two Atmos pens that I had to be quality vaporizers).

I understand that there are older versions out there and newer versions with the upgraded features of being able to use while charging and improved airflow. I obviously want to make sure and grab that version!

Anyways, after browsing around I found good prices on Ebay, lot's like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEWEST-Ariz...632?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f29e19680

"BRAND NEW ARIZER SOLO PORTABLE VAPORIZERS are Received EVERY 2 WEEKS From Arizer - and have the NEWEST HIGHLIGHTS:

Anyone have any reason to doubt this? I mean, it would be a chance and that price seems super cheap so I am wary about it, but how would you know the difference between that listing and another that is $180+ when both sellers are top rated and basically claim the same thing in the listings?

I just purchased mine from Golfmeister on ebay for a couple bucks more than your listing shows. I received one of the new models.

Best way would be to contact the vendor and obtain the serial number of a unit that could be sent to you.

You're gonna love this vape!

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You will find most here like both PlanetVape and Puff-It-Up. $160 with discount code and free shipping or call for a price match. You can go off known vendors (maybe save a couple bucks) but if need warranty most make you deal with manufacturer right off the bat.
Just my :2c:

axemexa

i got the o-rings in the mail but i cant get the top to screw on when i use it. any advice?

wasnt able to find anything in my search that wasnt related to other attachments (i'm using the stems that came with the solo).

axemexa,

MinT

Got my M1C1 from ebay seller "easyvape" for just a little more than this. He has been good to me. My M1C1 bit the dust and I had no problem sending it back to him, had to pay shipping back. Got a new M1D2 for an exchange in 4 days.

For anyone interested in the difference in the M1C1 & M1D2. The sweet stop on the C1 was 5-6 and the D2 is 3-4. Also the C1 when to 7 on cold start in 35 seconds and the D2 takes 95 seconds.

Curiousone

In my last post I said that I miss my older M1A solo over the newer M1C with bigger airholes.

I forgot to mention that I exclusively use a wooden stem from Ed's TNT now. So, I imagine the airflow would be great with a stock stem...ultimately, I wished I'd qualified my statement...and of course my opinion is no indictment of the engineers and researchers at Arizer, it's just my opinion.

My suggestion to future solo purchasers, just try it stock before buying aftermarket stems from PV...as dreamerrr and others already said

Caligula

Maximus
In my last post I said that I miss my older M1A solo over the newer M1C with bigger airholes.

I forgot to mention that I exclusively use a wooden stem from Ed's TNT now. So, I imagine the airflow would be great with a stock stem...ultimately, I wished I'd qualified my statement...and of course my opinion is no indictment of the engineers and researchers at Arizer, it's just my opinion.

My suggestion to future solo purchasers, just try it stock before buying aftermarket stems from PV...as dreamerrr and others already said

So you're saying that your Eds wooden stem doesnt work well with the newer model Solo?

Caligula,
Reactions: ataxian

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Pretty sure someone on the forum took a dremel to the end of theirs and flattened it out (Ed's has notches right?), essentially making it a stock flat bottom wooden stem.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
so i thing i am going to NOT send my solo in for repair. paying upwards of $60.00 if not more to have a working solo with a strange light pattern fixed just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I am very confused though over Arizer's practices in handling these warranty claims. i was talking over the process with another member of this board (i will leave out who they are as that is irreverent to this post) who had a different experience with Arizer than me. we are both from the US and in our emails we both spoke to the same "Kevin" person but that is where the similarities stop. the other member was told to send the unit to a US address and was invoiced less than what i was invoiced and was told it was 2 day priority. i was told to send the unit to a Canadian address and was asked to prepay $30.00 for express shipping and and i should return my unit to the using USPS express. none of my prior conversations with "Kevin" did i say i "wanted this back fast" or "i need this back quickly" so i never implied i required express shipping. so why was another member offered 2 day shipping AND a US address to send to??

like i said, my unit works just has a crazy light pattern and no blue light. it heats up and holds a charge just as good as the day i bought it. my 2 year warranty is over this coming march. if it dies before then i will have this debate again on whether or not to send it in. if it dies after march... i will pony up some money and probably buy another.

just it's very interesting how 2 people have 2 different experiences with the same guy don't you agree??

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So you're saying that your Eds wooden stem doesn't work well with the newer model Solo?
GLASS taste wise is my favorite method!

ED"S Wooden Stems are pretty.
With all the glass I've been breaking lately I'm glad to own one.
Very Durable!

I don't know how they work with the new SOLO however no problem with the older models!
we are both from the US and in our emails we both spoke to the same "Kevin" person but that is where the similarities stop.

just it's very interesting how 2 people have 2 different experiences with the same guy don't you agree??

I'm sorry to say I love the "SOLO" however when I had my issue with one of my units this "KEVIN" was the customer service agent.

After a few email exchanges I realized that my unit was compromised! (He thought I was in the wrong!)

I changed the battery pack in my case and everything was fine.

Don't get me wrong I love my SOLO'S it's the response I got from them?

If I was KEVIN'S BOSS I would give him 2x his current earnings.

Last edited:
ataxian,

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
@mmenzie - try calling back, I've done this with other companies, sometimes you'll get a nicer person. Maybe mention you know of someone able to return theirs to a US service center?

Mine arrived in town today @ 4:20 am - out for delivery ! :clap:

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
@mmenzie - try calling back, I've done this with other companies, sometimes you'll get a nicer person. Maybe mention you know of someone able to return theirs to a US service center?

thanks, i would but Arizer does not offer a telephone number to call (or at least i can't find one). i also replied to Kevin's email stating what this other member told me and he has yet to reply to that particular email :(

so i got a reply and it really kinda pisses me off. here it is:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.I am sorry to inform you but we are unable to process warranty claims through our USA service center at this time, and you'll need to send the unit to us in Canada as I have outlined in my previous email. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask me.

this answer makes no sense to me.... another member of this board was able to send through the US service center. why am I not allowed to?? i sent a follow up email asking that as well. lets see what they say

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
am i missing something... does everyone suck the herb into their stem like that...am i dong something wrong

I came to doing that naturally via trial and error. I wasn't aware it was a "thing", but it makes sense that others would do this too, given how well the technique works. I am able to get almost every tiny crumb into the stem, and it packs the load light enough that its perfect (for me) once I tamp the load down ever so gently with my fingers to get a bit of space between the herb and the heater.

Herd Giver

On the discussion of "filling the tank up"/re-upping -- I finally managed to get around to "filling" my tank, if you will.

Picked up 14 grams of herb the other day, and may go back and get another 14-28 grams within the next few days.
It's nice to know you're taken care of for awhile. And, with the Solo, a little goes a long way, and a lot seems to last forever.
I love how everyone here likes to experiment and come up with creative ways to use the Solo.
I'm going to do some work around the house, but will plan on making another video tonight... I'll try to be as *creative* as possible -- we'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom