Arizer Solo

jpdnkstr

Just wanted to thank everyone here in the Solo thread(and elsewhere on FC) for giving such spot on testimonials and opinions of all these vapes! I was unable to try a Solo, and was afraid it wasn't going to be powerful enough:huh:, but decided to buy one based on everyone's experience's here....sitting here good and medicated.....I'm glad that I did!:) I was able to get some lung busters at 5(haven't vaped any higher temp yet) I received the M1D2 from PuffitUp(excellent Cust. Service and price!) I already have a modified shorty Blackwood WONG on the way!(thanks MileHighLife!) I believe the Solo is going to fill the purpose I intended for it nicely!(I wanted something cordless for plant material, that my wife and I could pass back and forth on the couch while watching a movie!) PERFECT!

kahlilhc

Vaped Crusader/Serial Vapist
Alright my beautiful silver m1d has just finished charging.
  • First i address the fast heat up time and do a side by side cold start race to level 7............m1d reached in 1:20sec while reaching level 5 in 45sec, m1a reached level 7 in 2:00 and level 5 around 1:20. m1d is clearly faster (also i remember timing my m1a brand new and it was around 2min to level 7).
  • Second is the better air flow. initially i unscrew both caps and try and suck air through both units, and right away i notice the difference, m1d still some what restricted but no where near the m1a. i then compare stock stems in both (with o rings), although i never minded the stock stem in the m1a, but it feels like a pvhes in the m1d...........now i remember reading on this thread that people were wonder if the new models would make the pvhes redundant, and IMO i couldnt tell the difference between a stock stem and a pvhes in the m1d.
  • Last but not least the charging with using............definitely works with the m1d, but dont know the long term effects on battery life (i will only do this on very low battery).
i think thats all the major differences but let me know if i missed something.:peace:

Edit: although now that i start playing with the m1d with a pvheGonG and my WT noticed how the increased air flow led to rapid heat loss of up to 3 levels on a hard draw, this was obviously the reason for the draw resistance of previous models.......

Last edited:

OF

• First i address the fast heat up time and do a side by side cold start race to level 7............m1d reached in 1:20sec while reaching level 5 in 45sec, m1a reached level 7 in 2:00 and level 5 around 1:20. m1d is clearly faster (also i remember timing my m1a brand new and it was around 2min to level 7).

Thanks for the info. Would you please do me one additional test? With a fully charged battery, do a step 7 session with no stem (top open). Give it a couple cycles to get stable then time the on and off times in seconds. I did it 3 times and averaged the times to get a more accurate reading.

The off times should match, but if the heater is more powerful the on times for you will be less.

Thanks in advance.

OF

kahlilhc

do a step 7 session with no stem (top open). Give it a couple cycles to get stable then time the on and off times in seconds.

OF
dont know if i got that right, maybe im just enjoying the new solo a bit much right now:brow::ko:
did you mean "run the test 3 three more times up till level seven, timing it in seconds and giving it time to cool down in between"?, what is off time, cool

Last edited:

kahlilhc

@OF i was thinking... if his battery is old in one of the units, cant that lengthen heating times when comparing against a fresh unit?
I'm pretty sure when i tested it back when it was new, i noted that it could reach level 7 (my favourite temp at the time) in or just over 2 minutes, which it still does although its only really about 3 months old (bought it just before the m1c came around:mad:)

OF

did you mean "run the test 3 three more times up till level seven, timing it in seconds and giving it time to cool down in between"?, what is off time, cool

Sorry to not be more clear. Start a single 'dry session' (no stem top open) at step 7. Let it cycle on and off a few times (say two minutes at temperature?). Then time the time the heater is on (light flashing) and also the time it's off (no flash) on each cycle. You can't do both in a row unless you're lots faster than I am. So when I do it I time 3 on times in a row, then 3 off times (six total cycles), writing the values and resetting the watch in the down time (do it in the off period for on session timing and the other way around). Then average (or just tell me) the 3 times for on and 3 for off. It's not easy to measure to the second in one pass, but averaging 3 takes care of that.

The total measurements over 6 cycles takes about 2 minutes at 20 seconds per cycle .

Confusing enough?

Thanks.

@OF i was thinking... if his battery is old in one of the units, cant that lengthen heating times when comparing against a fresh unit?

Actually I was interested in the new unit, I have earlier model Solos with good batteries to compare it to. My tests showed that even the exhausted battery I replaced would run a fairly normal first session (at step 7 on the battery meter).

If the heater is more powerful (which I doubt, that hammers the battery harder for no good reason) I expect the on time to reflect that (be say 2/3 normal?).

The next step is to get hold of one, install a Thermocouple detector in the bowl and see what the actual temperature there is. I suspect what we're seeing is a change in position of the thermistor used to sense temperature??? If, however, it turns out the heater is more powerful that opens some interesting ideas......

Fun stuff.

OF

axemexa

i just ordered a solo on ebay today.

this forum helped a lot.

is there like a best-of version of this thread for someone new to vaporizing who cant read through 900 pages?

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
i just ordered a solo on ebay today.

this forum helped a lot.

is there like a best-of version of this thread for someone new to vaporizing who cant read through 900 pages?

I suggest wade though the last hundred only. To get your started, charge fully, heat on 7 with the rubber cap open and do a few burn offs. Then try to get that stem in as it is hard. Once you can get it in and out fill and enjoy. Read while vaping and come back and ask questions that you have then.

exit

OK so i have been using the stems that came with my M1A in my M1C solo.
The bent stem fits fine but the straight one fits really badly. Even with a cranked down O Ring it still comes right out.

Anything i can do about this? 2 o rings?

exit,

Herd Giver

This is how I ended up rigging my stem last night. Nothing special, just the stock stem with a domed screen, but the metal/meshing is particularly nice. Looking forward to getting my PVHES, o-rings, and pre-cut Solo screens within the next few days.

1453290_674976889231399_683426257_n.jpg

1528545_674976902564731_663565934_n.jpg

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
This is how I ended up rigging my stem last night. Nothing special, just the stock stem with a domed screen, but the metal/meshing is particularly nice. Looking forward to getting my PVHES, o-rings, and pre-cut Solo screens within the next few days.

1453290_674976889231399_683426257_n.jpg

1528545_674976902564731_663565934_n.jpg
get yoself some old(!) scissors or even metal cutting tools and just cut it into shape
at this point i can also recommend ultra fine screens for less particles going thru, altho one has to occasionally torch the screen to get rid of buildup/clogging

Last edited by a moderator:
funkyjunky,
Reactions: ataxian

Herd Giver

get yoself some old(!) scissors or even metal cutting tools and just cut it into shape
at this point i can also recommend ultra fine screens for less particles going thru, altho one has to occasionally torch the screen to get rid of buildup/clogging

Think I'm going to do exactly that. I like the ease of packing and ability to pack more with a flat-screen. To each their own, I suppose.

Curiousone

Is the Solo compatible with any kind of portable battery pack? I've been looking around, but I can't seem to find anything. I'm ok with not being able to use while charging, but I don't want to bring the whole thing inside to charge it. Rather just leave it in my car at all times, and bring out a battery pack to charge it with. Plus, then I can charge it between breaks at work and have a full battery to work with every time.
I just read about this...in the pax thread. Should work as long as you can get the tip for the solo as it is not as common of a size (the charger comes with a crap load of attachments, not sure if one will work for solo). Pretty sure the brand was Anker. Check that thread for better details. peace

Edit: here's the link. the poster included a link to the product in his post.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-vaporizer-by-ploom.6223/page-426#post-518595

Curiousone,

Herd Giver

If you want to pack more , flip the dome screen .
Insert it in the other way .

I just trimmed the screen, but I'll try the inverted dome as well. What are the benefits from using a flipped dome? I'm genuinely curious, as I'd never heard of this before.

Herd Giver,

poonman

I just trimmed the screen, but I'll try the inverted dome as well. What are the benefits from using a flipped dome? I'm genuinely curious, as I'd never heard of this before.

It just allows you to pack more , as you wanted .
I don't have to reload as often , plus bigger hits .
The flat way will let you pack the most tho .

poonman,

cawshook

Solod out.
please let me know how it goes too, deciding if i want to get this or a generic pipes daddy bubbler
I like it. Its very cool and the mouthpiece is perfect. Im not too experienced with glass, especially with vaporizers though. The size is perfect for me. I can easily get lung busters.

That little bubbler looks really cool let us know how it goes when you get it I might have to follow suit
I think it works well with the solo. Its well made. One thing to keep in mind is that you cant make it stand, but you can lay it on the table without water spilling out (while vape is disconnected) if you have any questions let me know.

cawshook,
Reactions: Tom Funk

Tom Funk

I think it works well with the solo. Its well made. One thing to keep in mind is that you cant make it stand, but you can lay it on the table without water spilling out (while vape is disconnected) if you have any questions let me know.

How comfortable is it to hold with the weight of the pipe and the solo? Where do you hold it? Do you need to keep one hand on the solo if using a GonG?

Cheers
TF

Tom Funk,

cawshook

Solod out.
I hold it with one hand from the base. Its pretty comfortable. When you hold it it doesnt feel that the weight of the solo is too much on one side. The bowl is attached to the mouth piece so it improves the balance and rigidity.

cawshook,
Reactions: Tom Funk

Caligula

Maximus
All this talk about using the Solo with glass got me going. Heres a video I made the other day when my 18 to 14mm reducer arrived. And who said the Solo cant milk cans?

Also yes, its kind of long. Sorry I was trying to show the whole process of what I did to get what I got. The TLDR is at 5:00

Last edited:
Top Bottom