Arizer Solo

Hi again folks,

Once more I must thank you all for your comments, advice and help after my first couple of posts. The Solo is working a lot better after giving it (and the stems) a good clean. Maybe the cleaning helped to fix the issue, maybe not. I don't much care at this point.

My next question might seem like an odd one to be asking as a Solo owner, but it's a common one about an electronic device when you can't see. Do the temperature settings wrap, i.e. if you're on temp 7 and you press the up arrow, are you still on 7 or has it cycled around to 1?

Related to that, a short anecdote and warning for any other blind Solo users who may read this thread. If you have light perception and you disable the unit's beeps, make sure the unit is fully ready for user input before you start trying to set the temperature. If you press a button even half a second too soon, you could find that you're on temp 3 instead of 5 without realising until you take a hit. :D

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hi again folks,

Once more I must thank you all for your comments, advice and help after my first couple of posts. The Solo is working a lot better after giving it (and the stems) a good clean. Maybe the cleaning helped to fix the issue, maybe not. I don't much care at this point.

My next question might seem like an odd one to be asking as a Solo owner, but it's a common one about an electronic device when you can't see. Do the temperature settings wrap, i.e. if you're on temp 7 and you press the up arrow, are you still on 7 or has it cycled around to 1?

Related to that, a short anecdote and warning for any other blind Solo users who may read this thread. If you have light perception and you disable the unit's beeps, make sure the unit is fully ready for user input before you start trying to set the temperature. If you press a button even half a second too soon, you could find that you're on temp 3 instead of 5 without realising until you take a hit. :D
No power wrapping on mine. Pushing up to 7 and then continuing to push keeps it at 7 on my older M1B1 model.

TRIGON391

I've lurked here for a while and purchased a solo a few weeks ago and I'd like to share my experience.

I have the M1C1 solo purchased from a local head shop. I threw out the box before filling out the warranty info (big mistake) so I don't have a warranty. My solo with its stainless steel heater works great. The stems fit will (curved one is a little loose) it heats up quick and produces great tasting vapor. It started acting up earlier today. I turned it on like normal and it started heating up but after five minutes beeped and shut off and the idle light was dimly flashing. Plugging it in and holding the buttons down caused a boot loop where it would turn on and off beeping each time.

I looked up this problem and found other people had similar problems. I tried resetting it but holding the buttons down with the charger plugged in and unplugging it after 10 seconds which did nothing.

I then took it apart and unplugged the battery and let the components sit for a few minutes before testing again. It worked for a minute or so and then shut off in the same way as before.

I looked at the circuit board carefully with a flashlight and magnifying glass and saw nothing wrong. I also tested each cell of the battery with my multimeter and both were charged to 4v.

At this point I was stumped and bummed out. I even chopped the little protection circuit off the battery to see if the was the problem but it wasn't.

I tried every combination of button pressing and resetting I could think of. Plugging it in without the battery connected... anything I could think of. Eventually I decided to unlplug the heater and turn it on. This worked! Obviously it didn't heat up but it stayed on and operated as normal otherwise. After plugging the heater back in it continues to work. I have my fingers crossed.

If I still had the warranty I would not go through all of that trouble but maybe if someone else has a defective m1c1 that they are trying to revive this will help.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hi again folks,

Playing with water toys!

Last edited:

Curiousone

hi all. my battery has gone all blinky. forgive if this is, as i'm in no doubt, tired, but is there a trick to get service@arizer.com to respond to repeated emails? cheers.
I am currently dealing with warranty...so I can comment. It took 24-48 hours before I received a response to my first inquiry. I noticed on the last exchange of messages that they always respond late evenings...so I started watching email around 6pm. (maybe it was 7pm...something like that) We were able to "volley" messages during this period.

I should have my broken unit off to the post office tomorrow. We'll see how long it takes for replacement. Hope this was somewhat helpful.

al bundy

Vaporist
I've lurked here for a while and purchased a solo a few weeks ago and I'd like to share my experience.

I have the M1C1 solo purchased from a local head shop. I threw out the box before filling out the warranty info (big mistake) so I don't have a warranty. My solo with its stainless steel heater works great. The stems fit will (curved one is a little loose) it heats up quick and produces great tasting vapor. It started acting up earlier today. I turned it on like normal and it started heating up but after five minutes beeped and shut off and the idle light was dimly flashing. Plugging it in and holding the buttons down caused a boot loop where it would turn on and off beeping each time.

I looked up this problem and found other people had similar problems. I tried resetting it but holding the buttons down with the charger plugged in and unplugging it after 10 seconds which did nothing.

I then took it apart and unplugged the battery and let the components sit for a few minutes before testing again. It worked for a minute or so and then shut off in the same way as before.

I looked at the circuit board carefully with a flashlight and magnifying glass and saw nothing wrong. I also tested each cell of the battery with my multimeter and both were charged to 4v.

At this point I was stumped and bummed out. I even chopped the little protection circuit off the battery to see if the was the problem but it wasn't.

I tried every combination of button pressing and resetting I could think of. Plugging it in without the battery connected... anything I could think of. Eventually I decided to unlplug the heater and turn it on. This worked! Obviously it didn't heat up but it stayed on and operated as normal otherwise. After plugging the heater back in it continues to work. I have my fingers crossed.

If I still had the warranty I would not go through all of that trouble but maybe if someone else has a defective m1c1 that they are trying to revive this will help.

Does it work without the charger?

I'd bring it back to where you bought it if problem still exists.

TRIGON391

It seems to work alright now with or without the charger. If I have any more problems I will talk to the store but I don't have my receipt or the box so I'm not sure if they'll be able to do anything.

TRIGON391,

Curiousone

I threw out the box before filling out the warranty info (big mistake) so I don't have a warranty.

For warranty, email service@arizer.com. Tell them you want to register your unit and you are having problems. They will ask for proof of purchase, your info, etc but you don't need anything from the box to register. As long as you purchased from an authorized seller, you'll have no problems.

EDIT: after reading poonman's post, I realize you don't have a receipt and I meant to say you will def. need serial number. distractions!

Last edited:

poonman

It seems to work alright now with or without the charger. If I have any more problems I will talk to the store but I don't have my receipt or the box so I'm not sure if they'll be able to do anything.

This is when the serial # is of real significance , for warranty .
Also see if they can re-print you a copy of receipt , even for a small fee . It'll be worth it .

TRIGON391

Thanks I'll try to sort out the warranty stuff in case I have future issues. I like tinkering with stuff though I have some peace of mind knowing what my device looks like on the inside and knowing how to take it apart so I'm glad I didn't just send it out right away.

For now it's working just like it should I vaped a few stems and got the battery down to 3 and it's slowly working it's way back up to 7 on the charger like it always does. I can vape with the charger plugged in or just on battery power everything is back to normal.

I gotta say thanks again to everyone in this thread I have referred to it throughout the process of fixing my solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
@ TRIGON391 glad is all working again as normal. One thing you left off your list is the charger one or two at the most pages back I wrote all the instructions for the reset as you did and taxi put the charger specs with pic from radio shack. I suggest saving both posts.

Campers Crumpet

What has been seen can not be unseen :|
Hi guys. I'm new here. I wanted to know your opinions on how good an Arizer Solo is for hiding from family members inside the house. I tend to smoke in my basement bathroom with the window open. And would like to know your opinions on how easy it is to hide the actual machine + parts.

I'm debating between the Arizer Solo over the Magic Flight Launch Box. Personally, I prefer the Solo.

Thanks for your help.
I've just received my first solo and am very happy with it. Mine came with two vaping attachments and a glass aromatherapy attachment. With the aromatherapy attachment you fill a small glass vial with regular botanicals to make it look like an incense type burner. Let me know if you want me to post a photo.
It would be easy to hide it in plain sight.

TRIGON391

I'd prefer the solo over the flight box I have both. Both are pretty inconspicuous when not in use. The arizer solo stems are a give away to most people but they only need to be out when you are using it. It's very easy to hide both vapes they don't take up much space. Arizer solo might be a bit more conspicuous when charging because you have to plug the whole thing in and leave it near an outlet whereas with the flightbox you can charge they batteries separately.

Overall I prefer the solo it's much more capable than the flight box with the only drawback being that it's slightly more conspicuous.

malelz

Well my first night with the Solo was amazing. Gotta get used session style vaping. I definitely need a screen and I want to dome it to make my bowl smaller. It's a 1/2" screen I need right? What's the best way to dome it? I'll also be in the market for a gong and a bubbler soon. My throat is a little sore this morning.

malelz,
Reactions: Seren

jasong

Hey everyone I gotta quick question. I left my solo on the charger and fell asleep you don't think it will hurt it right?

jasong,
Reactions: OF

OF

nice paint job ataxian. been considering changing the finish on mine as well. although i may wait until ive got a second solo.

Now that's planning ahead! What are you going to do for a vape while the paint dries?

Kind of explains the guys you see with paint on their hands though, doesn't it?

Hey everyone I gotta quick question. I left my solo on the charger and fell asleep you don't think it will hurt it right?

It's fine. There are two levels of protection in play from out and out abuse. Once the charge light goes solid it's basically shut down. The most you've done is taken a few dozen sessions off the battery service life by not stopping earlier.

OF

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
Ok folks, I have had my new Solo M1D2 since Tuesday. It charged quickly, did 3 burn offs at level 7. I tied using the PVHES stem on the 1st try, but was unable to get the stem in! After 3 burn offs at 7, it was heated up, but the PV stem would not work. I used the original stem, it fit well, and I had great hits and taste on 3, then went up to 4, good taste and hits. I checked the abv, it was gold, and it did the job well. I then immediately, reheat and get good VAPE til the end of the session, and abv was still gold. I continued using the stock stem until yesterday, when I was finally able to use a PV stem. Love the draw with the PV! I have used it both plugged in and not, and it works great both ways!

I have retired my EQ as my desktop. I now crown my M1D2 as my NEW desktop, AND portable, and my M1A Solo as my back up, and will donate the EQ to someone not able to afford a VAPE in my community!

Oh yes, I got to break in my new Solo with Sour Diesel! Awesome stuff! First time I try it! Peace and Love

Top Bottom