Arizer Solo

OF

At risk of being outcast, I admit it! ...I have on occasion stirred my stems, with positive effect.

Makes you glad you didn't use your real name when you joined, doesn't it?

Real cowboys know not to use their real name when they go to town......

@OF you off your meds again or on better ones as you have been making a lot of jokes lately and not only that they are funnier then normal.

Feather underwear.

Christmas present.......

No, no pictures.

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OF, I have seen now that you know how to take pics and I want pics pronto:rofl:
I saw snappo's birth certificate so it is his real name. I wonder where his mom got the name from :hmm:

Now for the children who are paying attention, when you get a solo you get happy:lol: . Now who doesn't want to be solorized:smug:? Some even get funnier:freak:

All aboard on the solo train.................toot toot

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Sure it is.......

OK, Oakie logic, "you lie, I'll swear to it"?

OF
Matter of fact: I strongly identify with the name Snappo, as it signifies the precious life and hereafter of my cat and soul mate, who's name was Snappo. My heart and soul were his, and is still who I am, inside & out. I wear the name proudly! No lie;-)

PNWMMJ

:rant:
OF, I have seen now that you know how to take pics and I want pics pronto:rofl:
I saw snappo's birth certificate so it is his real name. I wonder where his mom got the name from :hmm:

Now for the children who are paying attention, when you get a solo you get happy:lol: . Now who doesn't want to be solorized:smug:? Some even get funnier:freak:

All aboard on the solo train.................toot toot

The Eagle has landed. :D

Running it through a few heat cycles as I type this up.

Come on get happy!! Can't help but play the Partridge Family song in my head whenever I read or hear "get happy". Showing my age a bit, I know.

I'll be onboard and happy here in about a half hour...........:smug:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
This is mostly the old people thread so all good pnw. Now if you have questions for us let us know. We want you to get solorized. Do I have to patent that?
You should 'Copyright' that immediately!:nod:

Snappo,
Reactions: Dreamerr

PNWMMJ

well poop, gotta run to the store and get some food for the fuzzybutts before I try this baby out. It's charging, I've done 4 full heat cycles.

what temp should I start with? 4?

Gonna get after it when I get home in a bit.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
well poop, gotta run to the store and get some food for the fuzzybutts before I try this baby out. It's charging, I've done 4 full heat cycles.

what temp should I start with? 4?

Gonna get after it when I get home in a bit.
Try 3. If you didn't add a screen to the stem I suggest you do that first. Grind up some goodies and suction it up (the screen really helps not get bits in your mouth). Enough to fill it at least 2/3 full. Gently tamp down so that it is just under the edges of the stem. Put it in your solo, turn on to 3, when it reaches temp give it another 15 seconds or so. Draw slowly. Fall in love.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Snappo

Dreamerr

It is spelled right and copyrighted in my sig:nod:

I agree with Q...........3 all the way for me. Start hitting right before the solid if you can judge or right as soon as it gets there. You will get some great tasting hits. Do them slow so you warm up the herb and by the third or fourth hit cloud time. Good luck.

Poopoo exit lmao.

Weeb

This is mostly the old people thread so all good pnw. Now if you have questions for us let us know. We want you to get solorized. Do I have to patent that?
Should be getting mine in a few days, whats the first thing I should do apart from charge it? I heard you have to heat it up to 7 and leave it on for the 12 minutes before it shuts off then do it again and fit the stem in?

Weeb,

PNWMMJ

Need a screen for sure. Have to get one tomorrow. Not going out again today. Filled it up 3/4 full of stuff I was saving to roll up, a mishmash of all the good stuff from the bottom of the jars. Too fine, got some through. Started on 4, went to 5, then hit 7 and inserted it into one of my waterpipes so it could filter out the stuff that was coming through, just about fit like a glove. As long as I hold it steady it works great in my one of my empty charcoal filter housings and my Grav Labs ash catcher stem. A 14mm F-M adapter would be perfect and get rid of the charcoal device. But I have a hydra tube showing up around weds so I can wait and deal with it till the. I'll pop out and see if true value has some screens.

Just fired off a bowl of Dutch Treat. Haven't tasted it like that before.

Man, this Chiefs vs Colts game turning into is a heck of a ball game. Going to do some more temp testing and get SOLORIZED©(this logo is property of Dreamerr)with some Blueberry OG. I'll try it on 3 and see what happens.

Dreamerr

Should be getting mine in a few days, whats the first thing I should do apart from charge it? I heard you have to heat it up to 7 and leave it on for the 12 minutes before it shuts off then do it again and fit the stem in?

Yep you got it right, but I suggest three burn offs to be safe. Make sure you leave the silicon top open.

PNN use a piece of cotton till you get a screen if you so desire.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
So I just found something else out about my M1D2 unit...

Now there used to be a small recessed area around the heater bowl (in the plastic section) where you could put the O rings to help secure stems, etc... not so much on my new one:

7lsc.jpg

In fact, quite the opposite! And what does this mean? It means I can't get the cap on my Solo with the O ring in place. I tried for a good 15 minutes and short of "modifying" parts, I don't think it can be done. The threading just wont catch properly, and if it does catch it gets close to x-threading real quick so I didn't force the matter.

Now this isn't a real issue for me (and to be fair the stock gasket is still holding onto my stems just fine. I can turn the unit upside down without fear of them falling out) however I thought you ought know.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Use a little bit of cotton as a screen for now. I suggest different screen sizes if you can, my favorite is the extra fine one I have.

So I just found something else out about my M1D2 unit...

Now there used to be a small recessed area around the heater bowl (in the plastic section) where you could put the O rings to help secure stems, etc... not so much on my new one:

7lsc.jpg

In fact, quite the opposite! And what does this mean? It means I can't get the cap on my Solo with the O ring in place. I tried for a good 15 minutes and short of "modifying" parts, I don't think it can be done. The threading just wont catch properly, and if it does catch it gets close to x-threading real quick so I didn't force the matter.

Now this isn't a real issue for me (and to be fair the stock gasket is still holding onto my stems just fine. I can turn the unit upside down without fear of them falling out) however I thought you ought know.
Double sided sticky tape and some sandpaper. OF mentioned this pages ago? The cap is smaller on the new ones (he had pics). Just needs to be thinner to fit.

PNWMMJ

Oh yeah, I soaked the glass in very hot water with some Dawn. Charged her up and off I went

I just checked mine, it's a M1C1, anything I should worry about with it? Got a good deal so I guess ya get what ya pay for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreamerr

Calig you can also heat it and turn the solo upside down cap off and press the ring back....I use the flat end tweezer on the old model but not since I got the oring.

I edited my other post to say use cotton in the mean while just a smidge to act as a screen and damn you all answered.

OF

Calig you can also heat it and turn the solo upside down cap off and press the ring back....I use the flat end tweezer on the old model but not since I got the oring.

This is an interesting point. I notice it too, I 'wrote it off' to the ring pressing the seal down while hot? For whatever reason I found it got 'ironed flat' over time, including the dents I had put in it pressing on the edge while hot (at your suggestion....it's all your fault this time....).

I also found while messing around with the Solo with the thick lid (needed to sand the ring to fit) that after some use the ring didn't work as well and I had to sand a second one down (a little less) to get a solid grip, I wonder if the seal shifted????

One thing sure there's not a lot to guarantee the top of the oven landing .XX inches under the cover (or even square....). The gap includes the case and cap, frame, both covers (neither of which is all that flat....) and the seal itself. Lots of thinks to be 'only a little off'. Most seem to fit rings well, but it's not a given I think.

OF

Dreamerr

I agree it is alllllllllllll my fault. I wanted the solo to match wrinkled and dented. On a serious note if you press it against a flat surface it won't dent. I also used lady hands so mine has no dents even though I used the back of a tweezer.

As the long timers on dis thread know I have now found two solo's that need the smaller ID of the high temp washer as the oring was useless. The washer is a bit tight so in between would be better but you gotta go with what you got.

All our solo's, I think have there own personalities and off things. Tis what makes them perfect:love:.
Now go solorize© Yep I copyrighted that one too.

exit

Poopoo exit lmao.

No but seriously I feel like I barely feel anything when inhaling or exhaling on temp 4. Temp 2 and 3 i honestly can not tell if i am getting hits. It is just evrey time i tried to run it that low, i felt like i didn't even get anything. Maybe i was doing it wrong?

Snappo

Accessory Maker
No but seriously I feel like I barely feel anything when inhaling or exhaling on temp 4. Temp 2 and 3 i honestly can not tell if i am getting hits. It is just evrey time i tried to run it that low, i felt like i didn't even get anything. Maybe i was doing it wrong?
At levels under 4 we are likely to get more of a light wispy vapor, but don't let that fool you into thinking a kick to the head will miss you. The vapor is there, but less visible at those temps where the terpenes are freshest. Enjoy the temps at 4 and below where the flavors are freshest, and the desired effects are sure to follow!

Dreamerr

I wonder why exit. Maybe the way you draw:shrug:. I get nice size clouds on 3. I don't recall trying two but have dragged on two while warming up. Maybe make a vid if you feel like it but I say as long as you are getting what you need all good.:smug:

What snappo says too but I still get clouds :rofl::rofl:and so does many of us. I take very short hits as you know less then ten seconds and I don't hold it in long which can account for some in the exhale.

Top Bottom