Arizer Solo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
CDS, making an angled stem was actually a suggestion from the artist, but the more I think about it, I'll just do the straight stems. They won't be very long because there is not a lot of room to start with when you cut the stem before the angle. I'm thinking 3 - 3.5" max. This will be good for vapor to air ratio I believe. I have my fingers crossed, but I'm excited to test these GonG stems out. I'll keep you posted.

:peace:

Stu,

Nosferatu

Do people know about the deal at puffitup for the new SS Solo for $189 shipped? If not coupon code is arizersolo90. I just grabbed one couldnt pass it up puff puff.

Nosferatu,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'd be happy to buy 2 straight 14mm ground glass solo stems once you have them made, if there are any available once everything is all said & done.

I guess I'm lucky I've never had any smell with my solo, but I've just had some chipping start in my bowl :(

Now I'm waiting on Kevin to get back to me about my warranty.

I got a good 2 1/2 months of moderate use before the chipping started, and it's still only a few very small spots.

Frederick McGuire,
Nosferatu said:
Do people know about the deal at puffitup for the new SS Solo for $189 shipped? If not coupon code is arizersolo90. I just grabbed one couldnt pass it up puff puff.

Are you sure they're stainless steel Solos? I thought the SS units were only available as warranty replacements right now.

Randy at Puffitup is the man and they're a great company with exemplary service, but if anyone is banking on a SS Solo, then I'd email first to make sure.

I bought my Solo at Vaporizerforweed.net and now regret ever giving those filthy swine a penny, given how their company has acted concerning the VXC. Arizer on the other hand deserves honorable mention for providing two warranty replacements and having very good customer service.

charliedontsurf,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I've been using the dome screen and making a sandwhich with a thin layer of herb on the outsides and some of SourD 73 micron ice wax (ice water bubble, pic below) and its working real well. flavorful and potent. recommended for a little somethin xtra. This stuff is so soft, smelly and tasty. Hats off to Matt Rize. serious top shelf. you seem to get extra good and tasty rips with the hash as I had hoped. Thanks for who ever gave me the idea. so many mad scientists on this board :)

DSCN0293.jpg

Photo by Matt Rize

ru_frothi,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Do you know if he has the new stems as well? I'm wondering when we can get the 3 or 4 hole stems as well as the straight ones.

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I kinda like the bend to be honest. It's a nice place to rest a finger and keep the stem in place, I can imagine it would be little less ergonomic to do the same with a straight stem. But it may just be personal preference, idk.

OhTheAgony,

CaptainQ

Have taken the top off my Solo as suggested, and the taste/smell is greatly improved imo. Will try baking the top in the oven when I get a chance, thanks guys for testing this. Does anyone know of any alternative stems available yet (multiple holes, etc.)? I may have bumped one of mine onto tiles and it didnt make it :(

CaptainQ,

arf777

No longer dogless
Was wondering ig anyone else noticed this - from the weather, I had sinus headaches last week, so I didn;t notice until this weekend, when the weather changed. On Monday, had no headache, used my Solo, and within minutes had a huge headache. Didn't use it at all yesterday, used my VHW and PD instead, no headache. Used the Solo this morning, instant headache. Has this happened to anyone else? It isn't the herb - the other vapes I have aren't doing it.

Now, I'm much more sensitive to a whole list of chemicals than other people are - I'm a chronic pain patient, have asthma and a whole bunch of other health problems that increase sensitivity to chemicals, especially those from paint and adhesives. Used to work at EPA, but got so sick just from being in the same building as the labs - which had their own ventilation - that I had to quit. So i wouldn't be surprised if other people don't experience it. None of my friends who have tried it have mentioned this problem. But it demonstrates to me that something in the unit it still off-gassing. I really hope it stops doing so, because if it weren't for this I'd love this thing. Its easy to use, gives big clouds, and is really stealthy. But if I keep getting headaches from it I'll have to get rid of it. :(

arf777,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Stu said:
I'm having some GonG stems commissioned. I'll probably sell the extras that I'm ordering, or just give them to fellow FC members to try out.
Thoughts?

I'd certainly be interested in one [or more?] straight GonG stems ! *drool*

McNerdius,

spgphan

Hey I have been scouring this thread for a while now, and after watching many youtube videos, I had some questions.

How much does gravity affect the fact that the herb is upside-down without a bottom for it to rest on? I would not want the herb to fall down into the heating element if the unit got bumped or started to lose its consistency.

How much will fit into the bowl packing area? How much is needed for it to stay in the bowl so it doesn't fall out?

What is the difference between the Stainless Steel model and the original?

What are the reasons not to buy vaporizers on Ebay? Are they still the same exact products? Are the warranties void? Do you have to buy through a store or online dealer to keep the warranty?

I am seriously considering this vape, and would like to make the right decision. I am also interested in the Herbalaire H2.1, and possibly the Whispr. Any advice between these models would be greatly appreciated also! I know the HA is a completely different style, but I did not want to knock it because I like the design.
Thanks!

spgphan,
spgphan said:
Hey I have been scouring this thread for a while now, and after watching many youtube videos, I had some questions.

How much does gravity affect the fact that the herb is upside-down without a bottom for it to rest on? I would not want the herb to fall down into the heating element if the unit got bumped or started to lose its consistency.

How much will fit into the bowl packing area? How much is needed for it to stay in the bowl so it doesn't fall out?

What are the reasons not to buy vaporizers on Ebay? Are they still the same exact products? Are the warranties void? Do you have to buy through a store or online dealer to keep the warranty?

I am seriously considering this vape, and would like to make the right decision. I am also interested in the Herbalaire H2.1, and possibly the Whispr. Any advice between these models would be greatly appreciated also! I know the HA is a completely different style, but I did not want to knock it because I like the design.
Thanks!
all these answers are here in this 80+ page thread sorry to say but your lazy ass is going to have to go searching. Have fun!

VapeNStone,

Kaptan

spgphan said:

It's not even a concern when using the SOLO
You can probably fit up to .2 in the bowl and you can put as little as you want
The only difference is one has a stainless steel bowl and the other has a ceramic coating over the stainless steel
We have found that if you purchase from an unauthorized dealer, you will still have full warranty through Arizer
Thanks!

I put my answers to your questions in RED
Out of the 3 vapes you mentioned, my preference would be the SOLO.

Kaptan,

spgphan

Thanks Kaptan. I think I am sold on the Solo.

That being said, can anyone convince me to wait on a Stainless Steel model? The ceramic model should be just fine right? Because I assume thats what a high majority of everyone else has right?

Also, can anyone convince me to not buy from Amazon or Ebay? I do enjoy supporting local shops (mostly for local glass) but I cant see myself spending $230-250, if I can get the same product for $160. (Gasoline isn't cheap and I love to travel!)

Additionally, is the issue with the smell more common on units from unauthorized dealers? Or are the units exactly the same regardless? If the $150-160 Solos are less functional or of lower quality, then I could consider spending the extra dough.

Otherwise, as long as I can bake off the residues to decrease the smell issue, I see no reason not to buy one this week online.

All opinions appreciated!!! Thanks.

spgphan,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have the original ceramic-coated model as do the vast majority of users. I've had no chipping or smell issues to date (knocks on wood).

Although Arizer has been good with their warranty replacements from all vendors, I would still strongly recommend buying from an authorized dealer such as Puffitup.com or Rockwise.net. You can email Randy at Puffitup or Kevin at Rockwise and ask if they have any specials for FC members. You will probably get as good a deal from them as from these fly-by-night guys on ebay. Definitely avoid these sites at all costs.

Good luck!

Stu,

spgphan

Sweet, just ordered the Solo from puffitup with a free 4 pc grinder shipped for $189. Great Deal, oem unit from an authorized dealer. Sounds great.

spgphan,

spgphan

I do have one more question though.

How detrimental is it when the herb falls down out of the bowl on the glass mouthpiece and goes down into the heater? The main concern I have is that the heater element will get messed up. Info appreciated.

spgphan,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The bowl is pretty closed. There are only 4 very small holes in the chamber but I personally haven't found a way to get anything in there yet. Two others have reported in this thread that they had some weed in there (Vaped Ape was one of them, if I remember correctly). From what I've understood they only noticed it when they got it out but it didn't seem to cause any problems. But if it does, you do have a 2 year warranty.

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
arf777 said:
Was wondering ig anyone else noticed this - from the weather, I had sinus headaches last week, so I didn;t notice until this weekend, when the weather changed. On Monday, had no headache, used my Solo, and within minutes had a huge headache. Didn't use it at all yesterday, used my VHW and PD instead, no headache. Used the Solo this morning, instant headache. Has this happened to anyone else? It isn't the herb - the other vapes I have aren't doing it.

Now, I'm much more sensitive to a whole list of chemicals than other people are - I'm a chronic pain patient, have asthma and a whole bunch of other health problems that increase sensitivity to chemicals, especially those from paint and adhesives. Used to work at EPA, but got so sick just from being in the same building as the labs - which had their own ventilation - that I had to quit. So i wouldn't be surprised if other people don't experience it. None of my friends who have tried it have mentioned this problem. But it demonstrates to me that something in the unit it still off-gassing. I really hope it stops doing so, because if it weren't for this I'd love this thing. Its easy to use, gives big clouds, and is really stealthy. But if I keep getting headaches from it I'll have to get rid of it. :(

There have been a few times I've thought "this headache seems to be caused by the solo" but I've never been able to prove it for sure or anything.

darkrom,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Hey Guys

I havent gotten around to physically checking this unit out yet . Can someone please tell me what the inside diameter of the mouthpiece is at the connection ? Is it a standard 14mm ? Sorry if the answer has already been posted , Ive only gotten 30% through this thread so far.

Samsquanch,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Samsquanch, not sure what you mean by "connection", but I measured the ID of the mouthpiece and it is 10mm. The ID of the bowl portion is 16mm. I don't understand what the inside diameter has to do with anything, though.

Stu,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Thanks for the info Stu
By connection I am referring to where the mouthpiece connects to the unit.
I'm just wondering if there is an equivalent alternative to the supplied mouthpiece that has been tried.
Example , using a tapered straight pipe with an EQ elbow screen at the connection rather than an angled mouthpiece . My underlying thought here is that I don't think the supplied mouthpiece is very stealthy where as a straight pipe might be a little more natural looking at a distance.
Either way I think Arizer's products kick ass , this one will more than likely end up in my possession in the near future . Battery usage time and initial smells are my only real concerns at the moment , might just wait for the stainless , dunno I'll pipe back in when I get through reading this thread .

Samsquanch,

vape4life

Banned for life
Well my warranty SS solo is on its way and I don't have to send my chipping one in! First time around I did send it in so maybe that's why. Although i'm ecstatic to receive a free replacement, i'm really hoping they include the new glass goodies lol

What would be the best way to remove the rest of the ceramic? It's only flaking on the bottom of the bowl, the sides are flawless, and i'd like to probably keep them. It doesn't look shiny SS on the bottom either, but that could be from use.

I *think* I had a couple of headaches with my old VERY smelly solo, but never with the warranty replacement, and almost never ever get headaches to start with.

vape4life,
Top Bottom