Arizer Solo

Hexi

And lots of Planet Vapes discussion in this thread

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-768

Basically PV "high efficiency" stems/GonGs put lil slits in the glass, which allows for more airflow. After-market faux convection so to speak. You get a much easier draw, but the risk is you could draw too much cold air. IMO the PVHE GonG turns the SOLO into a beast. I tried non HE stem and GonG side by side, I can't go back. Must have HE GonG or bust!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It depends on what you're looking for, but I would recommend starting with the standard (non-shorty / non-turbo) PVHES stem unless you specifically want the free-flowing turbo, or smaller-bowled shorty. Personally, I don't care if it's bent or straight, I just buy whatever is in stock. Just yesterday I picked up two straight ones because they were all that was available.

These are constantly selling out, so you may have to check back periodically if what you want is not in stock.

:peace:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
+1. I got 2 solos from them and got them delivered the next day. And the PVHES really does makes a difference for me. I think its a must for new solo users to experience them many times to find your prefered one. And when i got my pvhes in may, it came with an o-ring and normal screen.

I think that since I have the seals in both SOLO'S it's time to branch out like a super cropped flowering cannabis plant!

PVHES I need to try!

So you think it's worth while?

Chill Dude

Looks good but they have a few different models it seems. Anything I should be looking at or avoiding?

@Stu @Hexi

Caligula, do as Stu said, get the bent or straight stem. Don't get the shorty or Turbo versions. The Shorty won't hold enough flowers for your level of consumption and Turbo actually has too much airflow according to some. IMO, the PVHES stems are much better than the stock stems. You won't be disappointed.

On a side note, PGP just stocked some more of that killer Nectar. Pure OG, SFV OG and Blue Dream. Still $80 a g, but as you know "it's Da Shit". I'm going to pick up the SFV tomorrow!!!

Chill Dude,
Reactions: Caligula

Hexi

Looks good but they have a few different models it seems. Anything I should be looking at or avoiding?

@Stu @Hexi

I gave my rundown on what I sampled here

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-758

Others' have interesting tips on using cotton and water!
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-755

Some more on the PVHEs options
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-744
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-749

So I made up a few tiny, glass oil jars for the Solo and am pretty happy with the result. The design needs to be refined so that tipping over is absolutely impossible while leaving room for the stem, but operation Solo Oil Jar is go.

il_570xN.500783801_pfrh.jpg
I missed these the first time through, they look cool, what happened?

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Hey guys, need some advise. Managed to break my stem last night...:ugh:
So was thinking, is it possible to cut just behind the glass internal screen? That would allow for use with an added screen further up where it gets narrower again.

P1050748_zpsb0b32e6a.jpg

Normally I would tape it, etch it and snap, but because of where the break is, there is not much to grip.
Anybody heard of a method for this? Was going to try and grind with dremel, but before I bust it, figured best to ask first.
TIA

I had a similar break on a stock straight stem. Just broke off more glass to make it more even. The glass is soft, so I just sanded it down with super fine sandpaper. Seems like the dremel would work fine.

I gave my rundown on what I sampled here

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-758

Others' have interesting tips on using cotton and water!
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-755

Some more on the PVHEs options
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-744
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-749

I missed these the first time through, they look cool, what happened?

They're up on my Etsy and on Ebay, but I haven't sold a single one curiously enough. I'm going to send some free samples to some longtime members and maybe they'll do a write up.

On another note, I got my Pinnacle water tool and definitely like it for the price. The slits are a little rough and I don't like the silk screened label, but it works absolutely beautifully with the Solo, and I really appreciate TRVB use of American glassblowers. TRVB shipped it out with great haste and included a bonus (AFAIK) PONG attachment for the Pinnacle, too. A combination like the Solo and a good compact Hydratube/Watertool can be a mobile vapor-conversion apparatus, with its impressive portability, huge clouds and admirable smoothness.

I had a similar break on a stock straight stem. Just broke off more glass to make it more even. The glass is soft, so I just sanded it down with super fine sandpaper. Seems like the dremel would work fine.

Not sure if Pipes still needs a hand with this because it happened a while ago, but one thing he could do is something like in this video: putting a good, deep, symmetrical etch or score in the glass where he wants the break, and then shocking the glass at that point with heat. If the heat doesn't pop it then you can apply a small dab of water at precisely the scoremark. I'm not recommending anyone do this without taking all due precautions because you could injure yourself in any number of ways. If you were to do it then you'd want to clean up the resulting hopefully clean and beautiful edge with an initially very soft (low temp) torch flame and then with a hotter flame until the edges become smooth. Then apply the sooty, bic-like, low temperature flame again until it is covered in soot. Set on a heat safe surface (ideally a piece of graphite but maybe a kevlar mitt or a bin of vermiculite) and allow to cool before washing off the soot. Watch youtube videos on glassblowing, watch videos on making glasses from wine bottles as the operation is very similar. Maybe make some wine glasses before risking your nice Solo stem.

From this post on talkglass

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
They're up on my Etsy and on Ebay, but I haven't sold a single one curiously enough. I'm going to send some free samples to some longtime members and maybe they'll do a write up.

On another note, I got my Pinnacle water tool and definitely like it for the price. The slits are a little rough and I don't like the silk screened label, but it works absolutely beautifully with the Solo, and I really appreciate TRVB use of American glassblowers. TRVB shipped it out with great haste and included a bonus (AFAIK) PONG attachment for the Pinnacle, too. A combination like the Solo and a good compact Hydratube/Watertool can be a mobile vapor-conversion apparatus, with its impressive portability, huge clouds and admirable smoothness.

TRVB shipped it out with great haste and included a bonus (AFAIK) PONG attachment for the Pinnacle, too.

Not sure if Pipes still needs a hand with this because it happened a while ago, but one thing he could do is something like in this video: putting a good, deep, symmetrical etch or score in the glass where he wants the break, and then shocking the glass at that point with heat. If the heat doesn't pop it then you can apply a small dab of water at precisely the scoremark. I'm not recommending anyone do this without taking all due precautions because you could injure yourself in any number of ways. If you were to do it then you'd want to clean up the resulting hopefully clean and beautiful edge with an initially very soft (low temp) torch flame and then with a hotter flame until the edges become smooth. Then apply the sooty, bic-like, low temperature flame again until it is covered in soot. Set on a heat safe surface (ideally a piece of graphite but maybe a kevlar mitt or a bin of vermiculite) and allow to cool before washing off the soot. Watch youtube videos on glassblowing, watch videos on making glasses from wine bottles as the operation is very similar. Maybe make some wine glasses before risking your nice Solo stem.

From this post on talkglass

Thanks for the vid. Got it all worked out. And I like it better now with the flex. Easy to hold with thumb too. Knocking the tube a bit is safer as that is how it broke initially.
Hey thanks u2.
Success. I used the dremel with a plastic disc cutter. I have found the plastic works rather well when ever I hear to use diamond. Was going to do the string thing but just kept going round and round with the disc and it just dropped off by itself. Yahoo.

StemFix3_zps4441bb34.jpg

Heated the edges to dull them up. Then I found it was too hard to get the screen to stay. So since I never use my stock bent stem, decided to cut off the bowl part to make a flexible gong.

StemFix7_zps3ade4f91.jpg

Just about to give er a go. Love this Solo, just so many options.
My dog seems to like it too.

StemFix8_zpse2f4a749.jpg

Me throw something out......no way, Not till all avenues have been tried.
And in this case it worked out great.
:D

Da_Man

Get a non-PVHE and stick a slightly dommed screen at the bottom of your Solo's SS bowl. You are good to go! :D
Hey everyone I'm trying to decide what accessories to get with my solo as it will arrive tomorrow. Thinking about getting two PVHE stems which kind would you all recommend for a new user. I was thinking of going with a regular and a shorty. Also thinking about getting the PVHE Gong but I'm hesitant because I have an EQ and am wondering whether the solo hits better or worse than the EQ through a bong because if the EQ hits better than I wouldnt get this PVHE Gong. Thanks in advance.

Da_Man,

Vaper

That's a serious case of the hiccups, son.

How long has this been happening? I find it surprising that they'd have trouble getting stock for the Solo.

It shipped today. I was sent an e-mail from Rachel from torontovaporizer.ca stating that it's rare that they are out of stock on this item and she threw in an extra aroma tube (been looking at the PVHE, but, isn't the bowl capacity larger?) and some screens. I ordered it Thursday of last week and it was shipped Tuesday this week. Not bad.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey everyone I'm trying to decide what accessories to get with my solo as it will arrive tomorrow. Thinking about getting two PVHE stems which kind would you all recommend for a new user. I was thinking of going with a regular and a shorty. Also thinking about getting the PVHE Gong but I'm hesitant because I have an EQ and am wondering whether the solo hits better or worse than the EQ through a bong because if the EQ hits better than I wouldnt get this PVHE Gong. Thanks in advance.
IMO the EQ is better through the bong. Having said that, I still purchased the OG GonG stem and PVHES GonG stem for using my Solo with H2O.

I like options. Ask all my ex's.

:peace:

spoutti

I think that since I have the seals in both SOLO'S it's time to branch out like a super cropped flowering cannabis plant!

PVHES I need to try!

So you think it's worth while?
Yes. I prefer the resistance feeling, and its faster. I think its the perfect airflow with the o-ring addon.

I guess if you just changed the seals, it may balance the airflow to what you had.

Copicutbass11

King Kong ain't got nothin on me
Thanks to this detailed thread I just decided on a solo as my first vape, pretty excited for it to arrive. I also jumped on the pinnacle water tool attachment.
I've read some mention that you don't need the phvegong to use the pinnacle attachment and I can use the stock stem? Anybody have any experience with this?
Cheers

Copicutbass11,
Reactions: havock69

Seren

Away with the fairies
WOW, used my SOLO for the first time last night and I was smashed!...........Think i may be falling in love....

So pleased to hear that you're smitten! Good luck with ditching the J's! The Solo certainly did the trick for me - here's hoping things work out for you too.

Did you buy the power adapter? I waited a while before buying mine, but once I put my hands in my pocket, I wished I had done so sooner - it really is worth that little extra investment IMO.
:) :peace: :leaf:

Thanks to this detailed thread I just decided on a solo as my first vape, pretty excited for it to arrive. I also jumped on the pinnacle water tool attachment.
I've read some mention that you don't need the phvegong to use the pinnacle attachment and I can use the stock stem? Anybody have any experience with this?
Cheers
yea you can use it with the stock stem but IMHO I would use just a little bit of tubing on the end to make a better seal. I mean it makes a good enough seal but like I said IMHO it isn't 100%

VapeNStone,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom