Arizer Solo

poonman

There's no debating ,
The Solo Rocks .
Just trying to help a new member enjoys his , but I think he got a defective one .

BTW , @ataxian ,
I've noticed you've been visiting the My Stash thread , posting pics , I'm guessing .
I just CANNOT visit that thread anymore ....It hurts too much .
Seeing ALL those goodies !
I posted some pics in the early pages , but nothing compare to some of those tasty imageries .

back to the Solo....

edit ;
sure ataxian , make me drool right here with your pics .

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
There's no debating ,
The Solo Rocks .
Just trying to help a new member enjoys his , but I think he got a defective one .

BTW , @ataxian ,
I've noticed you've been visiting the My Stash thread , posting pics , I'm guessing .
I just CANNOT visit that thread anymore ....It hurts too much .
Seeing ALL those goodies !
I posted some pics in the early pages , but nothing compare to some of those tasty imageries .

back to the Solo....
I LOVE CANNABIS!

In 6 weeks the stars will be shining bright!

OF

This is very simple. The NEW car was not delivered to the customer in acceptable condition.

Fuck troubleshooting. Send the fucking car back to the dealer!!!
:bang:

I understand your point, but are you really sure it's defective? I just heard him now say "Its regulating temperature but after half way through one session the top part of the solo becomes extremely hot.". I agree, the top gets hot in use, and 'extremely' is pretty subjective. If the bowl heat is normal, since there's no insulation to leave out, I suspect the cap temperature is also normal? What would you think would be the outside temperature would be if the inside was normal?

Otherwise there was a lot of angst over gaps in the heater covers that are in fact quite common and not a fault AFAIK. I'm not sure exactly what to say is wrong with it at this point aside from the customer is not happy? The next one is very likely to be very similar I think. I'll give odds on gaps in the heater housing and the top getting hot in use with the next one too. Does your heater have gaps and does the top get hot?

Balance that against the OP's stated reluctance to pay the extra costs and suffer further delays and I'd normally suggest we try to troubleshoot.....no matter what you might think of the idea, I would normally offer assistance should he wish to investigate.

Once again, I agreed with you already (twice I think?) the best idea is to send it in at this point.....what more do you want from me?

OF

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I understand your point, but are you really sure it's defective? I just heard him now say "Its regulating temperature but after half way through one session the top part of the solo becomes extremely hot.". I agree, the top gets hot in use, and 'extremely' is pretty subjective. If the bowl heat is normal, since there's no insulation to leave out, I suspect the cap temperature is also normal? What would you think would be the outside temperature would be if the inside was normal?

Otherwise there was a lot of angst over gaps in the heater covers that are in fact quite common and not a fault AFAIK. I'm not sure exactly what to say is wrong with it at this point aside from the customer is not happy? The next one is very likely to be very similar I think. I'll give odds on gaps in the heater housing and the top getting hot in use with the next one too. Does your heater have gaps and does the top get hot?

Balance that against the OP's stated reluctance to pay the extra costs and suffer further delays and I'd normally suggest we try to troubleshoot.....no matter what you might think of the idea, I would normally offer assistance should he wish to investigate.

Once again, I agreed with you already (twice I think?) the best idea is to send it in at this point.....what more do you want from me?

OF
OF - After my last post, I went out for a burger intending immediately upon return to offer my apologies for being a dog with a bone that couldn't let go. Unvaped, the switch in my head too often trips to "argue" mode in which I get carried away unaware that my sentiment can be viewed as mean in spirit. My sincere apologies.

"Balance that against the OP's stated reluctance to pay the extra costs and suffer further delays and I'd normally suggest we try to troubleshoot.....no matter what you might think of the idea, I would normally offer assistance should he wish to investigate."

Again my apologies! I glossed over that part of his post above. Your motivation to delve deeper and investigate was, as always, noble.

Your point about heat transfer from the bowl to the cap is just now sinking in, and I take it as very valid. Our friend's description and reaction to the heated cap may very well be subjective jitters just as you suggested. To answer your question: My Solo cap does not get hot when using glass stems. It does get quite warm though when using the wood stem w/steel bowl for an extended session, but not alarmingly so.

Highest regards:nod:!

21or6fn.jpg

Last edited:

tomshreds

Noob question here, I'm used of smoking half a joint to get really high. I always smoke nice buds, favorite is Purple Kush (grew indoor). It's super effective haha

The question is: How high do you get when vaping compared to say a joint? I always heard you get reallllllly high but I want to get some real testimonies before receiving my first Solo!

Thanks guys!

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Noob question here, I'm used of smoking half a joint to get really high. I always smoke nice bugs, favorite is Purple Kush (grew indoor). It's super effective haha

The question is: How high do you get when vaping compared to say a joint? I always heard you get reallllllly high but I want to get some real testimonies before receiving my first Solo!

Thanks guys!
The onset might take a bit longer. The high is right up there with combustion, but clearer in a way without a certain buzz, and can stay aloft longer. Use much less to get more in my opinion.

WaxOnWaxOff

You've no doubt just disabled it. Turn it on (no beep of course). Now, you know how if you hold the down button down for a few seconds it reloads the last session temperature? Do the same with the up key. Hold it down for a long five count then shut it off and retest (no confirmation for silent you know.....it might not give a confirmation beep).

Thank you very much!! I apparently didn't read all of the documentation.

OF

OF - After my last post, I went out for a burger intending immediately upon return to offer my apologies for being a dog with a bone that couldn't let go.

Wow! Brother it seems clear you don't do anything by half measures? I'm not so sure there's much to be sorry for here, I like passionate people. I suspect you do too. You were honest and civil and explained in clear language why you felt the way you did, I wish I could do as much many times.

We took a different read on a new guy's problem, each reading our own backgrounds into it and freely offered our advice. You were more concise, but otherwise largely a push IMO.

There is no doubt in my mind you're a gentleman and sincerely out to help others......the very sort we need more of in this troubled world. I recognize and highly value your contributions here and look forward to more of the same. Many will benefit then as well I'm sure. We're helping good folks find a better way to live, many in desperate need. Not a bad way to spend your time if you asked me. My sincere thanks for that, it is much appreciated and never mentioned enough. It can be our secret if you wish? One of the jokes from my 'phone support' days was "nobody ever calls you back,, and tells you thank you it's working fine......best you can hope for is they stop calling.....".

I just hope our new found friend comes back and we get a crack at getting him sorted out quickly, cheaply and effectively. If not, IMO sooner or later he'll the results from Solo we all enjoy, I just hope it's sooner....as I'm sure you do. Keep the white hat, it fits you well.

Thank you very much!! I apparently didn't read all of the documentation.

You're quite welcome, glad it's minding you again. No offense but you're not real good with this guy thing about reading manuals are you? Real men don't read manuals, right?

You too should be enjoying your Solo I think.

I agree.
I have a 107 and an 1A.
107 IMO is slower heating but gives me darker ABV.

Interesting. I've heard this before, but never got a handle on it. I believe the heaters and batteries are the same so slower heating should mean higher end temperature? That seems to fit with 'darker ABV'.....

Do you think that's the case? I recall others saying one was X steps hotter than the other.....do you agree with that (is there a temperature difference at say step 4)? How many steps do you think the difference is?

One of these fine days I hope to get access to a 107 so I can stick my thermocouple gizzie down it's little throat and measure the temperature. That thing is turning out to be an interesting tool, BTW, it's pointing to some fun stuff on the Ascent.....hopefully others to come.

Anyway, care to risk your reputation on an estimate of heats? TIA

Best wishes to all.

OF

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Wow! Brother it seems clear you don't do anything by half measures? I'm not so sure there's much to be sorry for here, I like passionate people. I suspect you do too. You were honest and civil and explained in clear language why you felt the way you did, I wish I could do as much many times.

We took a different read on a new guy's problem, each reading our own backgrounds into it and freely offered our advice. You were more concise, but otherwise largely a push IMO.

There is no doubt in my mind you're a gentleman and sincerely out to help others......the very sort we need more of in this troubled world. I recognize and highly value your contributions here and look forward to more of the same. Many will benefit then as well I'm sure. We're helping good folks find a better way to live, many in desperate need. Not a bad way to spend your time if you asked me. My sincere thanks for that, it is much appreciated and never mentioned enough. It can be our secret if you wish? One of the jokes from my 'phone support' days was "nobody ever calls you back,, and tells you thank you it's working fine......best you can hope for is they stop calling.....".

I just hope our new found friend comes back and we get a crack at getting him sorted out quickly, cheaply and effectively. If not, IMO sooner or later he'll the results from Solo we all enjoy, I just hope it's sooner....as I'm sure you do. Keep the white hat, it fits you well.

You're quite welcome, glad it's minding you again. No offense but you're not real good with this guy thing about reading manuals are you? Real men don't read manuals, right?

You too should be enjoying your Solo I think.

Interesting. I've heard this before, but never got a handle on it. I believe the heaters and batteries are the same so slower heating should mean higher end temperature? That seems to fit with 'darker ABV'.....

Do you think that's the case? I recall others saying one was X steps hotter than the other.....do you agree with that (is there a temperature difference at say step 4)? How many steps do you think the difference is?

One of these fine days I hope to get access to a 107 so I can stick my thermocouple gizzie down it's little throat and measure the temperature. That thing is turning out to be an interesting tool, BTW, it's pointing to some fun stuff on the Ascent.....hopefully others to come.

Anyway, care to risk your reputation on an estimate of heats? TIA

Best wishes to all.

OF
Do you think @OF that the SS bowl in an 107 batch could have been a different grade of SS?? , or alloy??
Can a thicker bowl be the difference??
I like all the energy people put into finding this things. Make it all, way more interesting.
TIA.
Stay vaped...

OF

Do you think @OF that the SS bowl in an 107 batch could have been a different grade of SS?? , or alloy??
Can a thicker bowl be the difference??
I like all the energy people put into finding this things. Make it all, way more interesting.
TIA.
Stay vaped...

Interesting question. I doubt they changed alloy, I bet it was chosen for it's ability to be punched into the cup. Past a certain point thicker doesn't matter (the heat is uniform top to bottom), I think we're already there (plenty thick), but it is possible to measure how thick each is. It means dissassembly of the heater, not a casual thing for sure.

I agree, the interest shown is a useful measure of the esteem many of us hold the Solo in for it's performance.....a very good and healthy sign IMO. I think it shows and should inspire confidence in the tool.

Good advice at the end, too!

OF

samirfuzzywuzzy

Frozen Dry bubbler mornings are the best! It stayed cold enough for exactly 2 cylces. The first cycle was obviously colder, almost frozen temps. I got my lips stuck to it for a few seconds but I do not mind my lips stuck to the morning path. I used to think DRY paths were stupid until a robot educated me. Flavor was amazing.
20130721_135508.jpg

DRYpath2.0 inspired by @ataxian

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I am pleasantly surprised to find that my Solo is holding a charge at higher levels for longer periods of time than before. This is the case whether it sits idle for days, or even after sessions w/battery only. Could Tim's PA/Charger system be contributing to this wonderful development? Would love to know how this is happening!

Last edited:

Detonator

My new Solo came from ebay. The new one is on the left. It looks like it is slightly different than the one I bought about 5 or so months ago. Mine was kind of loose with the stock stem when it was brand new. Not this new one.

The new one does not have a little space for the PVHE red O-ring. The top seems to be different and there is no o-ring groove. It seems to me they wanted to eliminate needing that o-ring? But In fact mine was a little too tight and I accidently snapped the stem trying to put it in cold, my bad.

I had to take it apart to get the broken glass out and luckly it just snapped in two. Everything else seems to be exactly the same as my orig Solo

292_zps66168612.jpg

290_zps8ea22ffe.jpg

289_zps29a7910c.jpg

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I always wonder what kind of stress we are putting on the glass shoving it in and out. I guess now I know and should expect a broken stem eventually. I have a tight fit and always feel it might scrap once it gets into the cup or maybe the rubber itself stresses it:shrug:.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

poonman

ya , def. looks different .
sorry about your new stem .
This time , I'm interested in the serial # on the bottom of both .
can you tell us plz ?

poonman,
Top Bottom