Arizer Solo

the next stem is for you mosh!

update on my adventures with the f-bomb:

the more i use it, the more i like it!

- cleaning is very easy (pluck both ends and shake shake shake)
- flavor is fantastic
- weed conservation is even higher than before, just a pinch and i can vape more than one 12 minute cycle without losing the strain-specific taste (i use it with a shorty-turbo-stem btw)

would love a heady one with a donut mouthpiece :D

Last edited:
SoulCaptivesAreFree,

OF

My question is, can I just plug this bad boy in when I get it and use without the initial first charge? I don't want to damage the batteries in doing so. Part two of the question would be, if damage can occur to the batteries by doing this, is it possible to just remove them until I want to charge them and still use the solo? Can this be done easily? Thanks in advance!

My strong advice it to 'hold your horses' a couple hours more. Stick with the drill, change the battery fully before use. The chances of actual damage are probably small, but the batteries will eventually wear out, why take chances when there's no real need?

In theory, the PA should take very little battery under normal use. We have, however, heard exceptions (you can accidentally get into battery mode, several of us have). My advice is to get some experience with the normal battery use pattern first.

Conventional wisdom is you need a functioning battery to get PA mode to work. While it's possible to remove the battery pack it's not what I would call easy and for sure is not without risks of it's own. The mounting ears are very frail, really, lots of us have broken one or more off messing around. Even being careful I've done it several times (of the dozens of times I've cracked units for one reason or another). For sure I'd suggest you wait until you confirm the unit works well. A broken tab (or other evidence of tampering) could easily be the reason to deny you warranty support?

IMO adding only a few more hours to your weeks of wait is cheap insurance.

You'll be enjoying it soon enough. Best wishes.

OF

EdE80

My strong advice it to 'hold your horses' a couple hours more. Stick with the drill, change the battery fully before use. The chances of actual damage are probably small, but the batteries will eventually wear out, why take chances when there's no real need?

In theory, the PA should take very little battery under normal use. We have, however, heard exceptions (you can accidentally get into battery mode, several of us have). My advice is to get some experience with the normal battery use pattern first.

Conventional wisdom is you need a functioning battery to get PA mode to work. While it's possible to remove the battery pack it's not what I would call easy and for sure is not without risks of it's own. The mounting ears are very frail, really, lots of us have broken one or more off messing around. Even being careful I've done it several times (of the dozens of times I've cracked units for one reason or another). For sure I'd suggest you wait until you confirm the unit works well. A broken tab (or other evidence of tampering) could easily be the reason to deny you warranty support?

IMO adding only a few more hours to your weeks of wait is cheap insurance.

You'll be enjoying it soon enough. Best wishes.

OF

Thank You OF, words of wisdom much appreciated!

Mrmrmrmr

Does anyone know if any of the solo gong pieces fit the lsv? I want to attach the f bomb to it

Mrmrmrmr,

eln00b

Solo arrived today. WOOO!

It's currently charging. Was really interested in seeing how the stem fit as that is definitely one of the common topics...The PVES stem from planetvape fit nicely. Snug, but didnt have to force it.

Will get a chance to give it a ride later and will report back.

Mrmrmrmr

Man do I need a gong solo adapter My solo stem fits the 14mm adapter I have but it doesn't have that airtight seal.

Mrmrmrmr,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
MR..............silicone on the tip will do you well.

Ok, oil reclaim in the solo yesterday lasted allllllllllllllllllllllll day. I acutally went to sleep hence why I don't normally do indicas. Anyhow, that reclaim was from an iso jar that just did screens and the solo stem early on and it had a lot of reclaim to me. I forgot to weight the bottle sorry. I also have no idea how I am going to get it back out of the bottle but it is the one that fits in the solo so I may just use it that way. BTW the cotton I used yesterday which was pure cotton has a diff taste then the one I used today which is pure cotton. I think it has something to do with what they bleach it with. I would be unbleached(if they make it that way) organic cotton which is way expensive would be better.

I still don't like cotton but the solo is a champ at it. I heated to 7 with no stem. I then put the stem in with the cotton and as soon as I got vapor backed it down to 5. It goes on forever and I did repeated sessions throughout the day. I did pull the stem when done each time. The best part was it is smooth as anything. I had zero tingle or cough. I was surprised so took a huge hit to test this and still smooth. I will stick to my baby hits as I don't want to waste the goodies.

If you haven't tried the solo with reclaim, even if you hate cotton like I do, try it anyhow.

OF

Man do I need a gong solo adapter My solo stem fits the 14mm adapter I have but it doesn't have that airtight seal.
MR..............silicone on the tip will do you well.

Good advice from the Lady, as usual.

I'd also like to suggest, when nobody's looking, try wrapping a rubber band around the end of the stem, makes a great ghetto gasket. "Ghetto gasket" almost sings, doesn't it?

Not as good as a solid GonG connector, but it'll do until once comes you way.

Good luck.

OF

poonman

Before I got the Gong adapters , I used several O-rings to help with better seal .
Put 2 small ones up front and follow up with a bigger thicker one .
The bigger one will help pushed/squeezed down the 2 smaller ones in front for a better seal .
You don't need special heated ones for this part , because it doesn't get near the heating chamber at all .
You can get a cheap mixed bag of O-rings at any Hardware store .

Enjoy .

OF

Gentle Friends,

There's been some mention of broken tabs lately, many of us seem to have experienced this. I'm certainly in that group, having had a couple of accidents and some others I've no idea how I screwed them up (cracks appeared after messing with the screws for some fool reason.

Anyway, I've been working on a fix for it that seems to be working pretty well, I'd like to get a volunteer to try it on his/her unit?

I uses carefully chosen stainless steel washers that will just cover the lip of the countersink (or what's left of it) and pick up the taper on the countersink section of the factory screw head. You put one under each screw, they just barely reach the outside and transfer the load to the flat part of the plastic base, not the wedge shaped countersink.

This, of course, leaves metal screws sitting slightly proud. Not by very much, but plenty far to scratch the furniture. So the second step is a neoprene (think o-ring material) pad. I'm using 70D gasket material with very strong 'pressure sensitive' adhesive. You peal the backing off and stick it on over the bottom, screws and all. Then use a sharp knife (or razor blade) to trim around the outside edge, notch the corners for the screws and cut a window in the middle to give access to the charger port and air vents.

It works very well as a pad IMO, in fact better than the hard plastic. Might make a good upgrade even without the screws. You can be a lot neater on the window part than I was, of course but I was testing and in a hurry. The pad is 1/32 inch nominal, plus the adhesive layers, making it about .040 inches thick, near perfect to cover our sins.

Anyway, if you'd like to try it, please PM me? I'd like to get an objective opinion or two.

TIA

OF

Dreamerr

OF one problem if the screws sit higher, as I think that is what I read, if people want to use a PA stand it may not make a complete connection. If you have a beta one try it and see for those who want to fix there solo TIA.

Curiousone

Ok guys and gals...tried to buy a used Ed's stem a while back but it didn't work out. Ready to pull the trigger on a new one now...just want to make sure of one thing...will it affect the amount of vapor? IT seems I will have to vape at higher temps to get the same clouds...is this a correct assumption?

My main reason for getting it is to avoid breaking another glass piece (broke both originals) and it looks f*cking cool...what do you Ed's stem owners think? I'm not very worried about taste unless it just ruins it...

Curiousone,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Ok guys and gals...tried to buy a used Ed's stem a while back but it didn't work out. Ready to pull the trigger on a new one now...just want to make sure of one thing...will it affect the amount of vapor? IT seems I will have to vape at higher temps to get the same clouds...is this a correct assumption?

My main reason for getting it is to avoid breaking another glass piece (broke both originals) and it looks f*cking cool...what do you Ed's stem owners think? I'm not very worried about taste unless it just ruins it...
I'm loco for my Ed's stems:ko:! Look sensational, fit snug, won't break, nice draw, good flavor, great vapor...it's all good!!!:rockon:See my signature;)

OF

OF one problem if the screws sit higher, as I think that is what I read, if people want to use a PA stand it may not make a complete connection. If you have a beta one try it and see for those who want to fix there solo TIA.

Yes, I have one and it doesn't work but not for this reason. The rubber makes it worse, but it still doesn't quite make it with no rubber and the connector itself is slanted some (which may be the problem with coming up a bit short). Checking that part did let me take a second try at trimming the new rubber piece, so all was not lost.

Pipes has this part under control, one of the reasons you Beta test, right?

None of the three stands I've made has any problem, again, the rubber is very thin. Just over a paperclip thickness.

If it's a problem, peel the rubber off, take the washers out and pretend it didn't happen?

OF

Dreamerr

I wasn't concerned about the rubber but the screws sticking up higher then the original ones. If it isn't in the way that is great. I have tried the stand on both solos with no issue. They are a solid holder and have great stability...ok better then great fabulous. The weight and form factor are perfect.

eln00b

this thing is sweet. I just finished my first session. I'm definitely a fan. I didn't have any draw problems. Set it to 4 from the beginning and was very happy with the results. Great experience. I have the PVES but took the o-ring that came with it off... i guess at some point I'll have to grab a bubbler and try this water vapin thang.

OF

I wasn't concerned about the rubber but the screws sticking up higher then the original ones. If it isn't in the way that is great. I have tried the stand on both solos with no issue. They are a solid holder and have great stability...ok better then great fabulous. The weight and form factor are perfect.

The rubber is thicker than the screws are tall (no scratches.....). I also got some 1/16 gasket stock, but the 1/32 does the job needed and adds less height/thickness.

I like the stand, if the height can be fixed (I make it about .050 short of contact, with at least that much overtravel?). And again, the connector is crooked, something he's already fixed in the tooling, which may be the cause of the problem. He said he had to 'bump' some to get contact when he tested them, I suspect my Solo is a bit different than his in the jack location?

I think it's a fine product that Pipes is doing another bang up job working the wrinkles out of. I'd recommend it even though this one doesn't work with my Solo. It's a Beta unit, not production.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Pipes

Dreamerr

Mine is beta as well so it is unique just the way it should be. OF really .05 shorter lmfao...I am trying to picture it. What is your reasoning for that as it comes right below the blue light and gives you good surface area to grab? Yes, pipes had told me he had to reposition but I just got the unit so mine must have been a fixed one. He told me there may be issues but I was lucky and the only issue was my brain not being able to figure out how to connect it...was fairly comical.

OF

OF really .05 shorter lmfao...I am trying to picture it. What is your reasoning for that as it comes right below the blue light and gives you good surface area to grab?

The connector doesn't make contact, it's about .1 inch shorter than seems right and by my measurement is about .050 short of contact. And crooked, I don't think you want to be 'tweaking' that poor little jack?

No PA, no charging, but it fits OK otherwise. It grabs just fine (although the fit is a little tight in the well front to back) it's just not as good at passing electrons as one might hope. All things Pipes has under control. No worries.

OF

Top Bottom