Arizer Solo

hoptimum

I know I will! :D

I should have bought one of these a long time ago. :smug:

Now all I need is a waterpipe adapter and some travel tubes w/caps.

You can use silicone tubing over the mouthpiece end to get a good seal on a 14mm downstem. DBV size tubing seems to fit well.

Try slipping some high temp silicone tubing over the stem and use 14mm female joint. The pvhe gong is worth the purchase though!

You beat me to it, that's a good cheap option.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Angus Thermopyle

miner of truth & delusion
Got my Solo Fri night. Lovin' it so far. Draw speed for me is like pulling on a roach. Big hits. Chokers if you want... or not. At temp 4 for the most part. Battery life is better than expected. Nice heft. Feels quality.

Also received my planetvape gong and stealth adapter. Gong will have to wait till' the glass arrives but the stealth adapter has a chip where the straw plugs in. Pretty tough to get an image of the chip. Will call on Monday. Too bad they don't include the endcaps with the stealth adapter. Will have to order some.

What size is the screen they include with the gong?

Angus Thermopyle,
Reactions: rcflo

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
Try slipping some high temp silicone tubing over the stem and use 14mm female joint. The pvhe gong is worth the purchase though!

I wish I had some tubing laying around, it does seem to make an ok seal now. Should be good enough to give me an idea of what it can do through water.

I am going to order the pvhe gong since everyone seems to prefer them over the stock wpa and it is actually in stock for once lol.

Should I also order a high efficiency stem?

Vaponly,
Reactions: OF

Lizard King

So far made progress with the solo.
Have gotten solid clouds, found out you can get more hits than 12 min runs last.
Very satisfied will buy the straight PVHES stem when its in stock!

PlanetVape has the straight PVHES in stock right now, though you have to get it with w/tube.

Lizard King,

exit

So what really makes the PVHES stems different than the stock Solo ones? I feel like I've read a lot about them but still don't really have an idea of what it does different.

exit,
Reactions: Vaponly

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
In a nut shell better air flow.
They have notches in the bottom where the stock is flat. They also have air channels up the side.

Lizard King

Do many of you Solo owners use a carrying/storage case? If so, which one? Are there other options apart from the VAPECASE Quarantine Series Hard Case?

Also, for those of you who use screens in your stems (stock/pvhes), which mesh size have you been getting the best results with? Do the extra/ultra fine ones get clogged quite quickly/easily? I wanted to order the variety pack of mesh sizes from PV but they are sold out.

Many thanks!

Lizard King,

exit

I just keep the Solo in my messenger bag or purse with my stem in a Vatra bag I got from a head shop a while ago. It holds smell inside it very well and offers very good padding, used to keep a bowl inside of it back in my combusing days.

bc9a1fec31746da8fae6e0bccf5e3fe3.image.240x240.jpg

exit,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
So what really makes the PVHES stems different than the stock Solo ones? I feel like I've read a lot about them but still don't really have an idea of what it does different.

Dreamerr has it down, it basically boils down to much more airflow with the slits. There's other options available on them too, such as a shorty bowl, or a 'turbo' version with a screen instead of the usual 4 holes. Apologies if you already know all of this, but I found the whole PVHES deal very confusing at first.

Now that I have a solo, and also wasn't very satisfied with the stock stems, I had to jump on a 14mm shorty turbo gong stem (whew!) while I noticed they were stock. I wasn't fully convinced on needing a pvhes, even with all the great feedback here... but it's been working out really well so far.

OF

I wish I had some tubing laying around, it does seem to make an ok seal now. Should be good enough to give me an idea of what it can do through water.

You might try a rubber band or even a wrap of dental floss to build up the OD and create a seal, I've done both successfully in the past. Not permanent or elegant, but effective.

Do many of you Solo owners use a carrying/storage case? If so, which one?

If it's not in my pocket (the usual case), I use a padded camera case from a camera that died. I'm not sure where to get one like it, but I'm sure if you poked around some you'd find one?

OF

al bundy

Vaporist
Also, for those of you who use screens in your stems (stock/pvhes), which mesh size have you been getting the best results with? Do the extra/ultra fine ones get clogged quite quickly/easily? I wanted to order the variety pack of mesh sizes from PV but they are sold out.
Many thanks!

I use the ultra fine screen and an No2 screen in the mouthpiece of the stem. As you can see the No2 screen does catch alot of stuff. Planet Vape Shorty stem

Detonator

Do many of you Solo owners use a carrying/storage case? If so, which one? Are there other options apart from the VAPECASE Quarantine Series Hard Case?

Many thanks!

I like my Quarantine Case, it's pretty tough, doesn't seem to leak smells and holds my solo, one stem, full grinder, other portable device and has a little storage room left.

clouded vision

Many thanks!

I don't use a case at all, just a plastic tube from a white owl cigar to carry my straight stem in my pocket but you could get a pelican case with the pluckable foam. There is another brand with a similar customizable foam that is even cheaper than pelican but I always forget what it is, maybe seahorse? Either way though both will be cheaper than the vape case and protect it just as well and being customizable, you can getwhatever size you want and make spots for whatever accessories you want; grinders, jars, small bubbler, PA, etc.

clouded vision,

Detonator

I just looked up seahorse cases they seem nice. yeah I probly could have gotten something cheaper or even better. I just got this one cause,..... well it was on ebay next to the solo I was ordering and I wanted one right away. I like it though nice and small, not too much more than I need.

clouded vision

I just looked up seahorse cases they seem nice. yeah I probly could have gotten something cheaper or even better. I just got this one cause,..... well it was on ebay next to the solo I was ordering and I wanted one right away. I like it though nice and small, not too much more than I need.
Yes the vape cases are nice, there's something to be said for not having to do any work or figure out how you will lay out the case to fit everything perfectly. The one thing that would prevent me from ever buying one is that it says vape case on the outside of it, I dont want to announce to the world that I'm carrying around a vaporizer, of course I live in a prohibition state so discretion is important. I suppose at home it could be helpful but I'm careful enough at home not to break the stems and the solo itself is pretty much built like a tank.

clouded vision,
Reactions: Vaponly

Lizard King

I use the ultra fine screen and an No2 screen in the mouthpiece of the stem. As you can see the No2 screen does catch alot of stuff. Planet Vape Shorty stem

Is it the Vapir No.2 'top hat' screen you are using there?

Also, how is stuff getting past the ultra fine screen up to the no.2 screen?

Lizard King,

poonman

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-629#post-408227

Try using some O-rings too , for a better DIY seal .

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-629#post-408239

Yes , 1 stem can last more than 1 session , depending on temp levels also .

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-629#post-408345

Hey al , I never thought of putting an NO2 screen on the top part of the stem .
That's real OCD ....hehe

edit ; oops
How do you get the blue box replies you want to reply to ? like above

bluerap00

Hit the reply button on the post, or use [:leaf:quote]insert quoted text here[/ quote] tags (minus the weed leaf :) )

duh

thnx
how do you more than one ?
That's what I meant .
Ah I see :)

Hit reply to the first post, copy all the text, then hit reply to the next post, and paste the copied text above it. Or you can paste the quote within another by pasting right after the first quote tag, as I did here.

Top Bottom