Arizer Solo

OF

thanks
I did some more research also and found most stoppers are EPDM which is completely safe with iso, now I just need to figure out if it well create a nice seal with those air notches in the stem

Good find WRT A rating for ISO. Thanks.

I'm more than a little worried that jamming a wedge into the tube looking for a dicey seal around those notches (which will be left 'high and dry' by the angle of the stopper at the notch bottoms without some compression) will come to grief. I advise caution trying to push it in to get a good seal.

I wonder if an o-ring of the right size, a spacer to hold it up in the bore and a smaller plug inside the o-ring wouldn't be a safer and more sure bet? Maybe if I get bored later on I'll go looking for my o-ring kit....

OF

Edit: After some reflection I decided I was working to hard on this (something I try to avoid....). Here's a simple solution I just tested I hope you'll like:

I inserted a one inch piece of 1/2 inch OD Silicone tube into the bowl end about half way. It tightly hugs the walls below the notches on its' own. Then, using some hemostats (old school 'roach clip'), I clamped off the open end of the tube. Seals great, no stress around the notches, cheap and easy. All good points IMO. Forget o-rings and spacers......and rubber stoppers.

Give it a try?

OF

OF

thanks OF, that sounds like the perfect solution

Yer, welcome fer sure. It's probably not perfect, but it sure seems effective and safe.

Looks like next time I 'do the deed' I won't be dripping ISO into the sink...... Good exchange I think.

Thanks guys, this is another part of what makes this so powerful IMO. Open exchange of ideas and information. No one guy has to find the whole answer....teamwork, that's what made America great.....or so they tell us.

Cool.

OF

vapomancer

Thanks guys, this is another part of what makes this so powerful IMO. Open exchange of ideas and information. No one guy has to find the whole answer....teamwork, that's what made America great.....or so they tell us.

Exactly . I love this forum for that same reason . There is an ENORMOUS amount of info in these threads . The reason I post so infrequently is that I always seem to find the answer to any question I might have , and often can find my exact question , previously posed by another member , usually with pix and video ! The real user reviews and discussions here have informed all of my vapor related purchases for the last 18 months or so , I can't even imagine making a purchase without checking FC , first . and if it doesn't work as well as I'd like - someone here has a tweak or a fix .

BowChamp

Has anyone ordered from Kustom Kulture? http://www.kustomkultureshop.com/
They have the Pinnacle Hydro Tube for $99 Canadian with free shipping over $100, which would be the cheapest way that I've seen for Canadians to get it.

Also, how do you know when the stem has been used enough to make hot chocolate?
Ha! i live fairly close to kustom kulture and bought my MFLB and solo from there. definitely reputable. I was actually thinking of picking up the pinnacle water tube soon. I find I still get a sore throat/coughing from vaping and really need cooler vapour.

BowChamp,
Reactions: fluffhead

olivianewtonjohn

Ha! i live fairly close to kustom kulture and bought my MFLB and solo from there. definitely reputable. I was actually thinking of picking up the pinnacle water tube soon. I find I still get a sore throat/coughing from vaping and really need cooler vapour.
Yeah vapbonging is the way to go its kinda hard going back to just the stem. I cant believe how much more I enjoy it. The hits are less tastey but it seems I dont mind giving it up for way smoother less harsh hits.

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: OF and b0

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Yeah vapbonging is the way to go its kinda hard going back to just the stem. I cant believe how much more I enjoy it. The hits are less tastey but it seems I dont mind giving it up for way smoother less harsh hits.

Tell me about it... awaiting my new water tool...its been a week without and should be about 3 more weeks till I get my new one :(

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Tell me about it... awaiting my new water tool...its been a week without and should be about 3 more weeks till I get my new one :(
mOsh I tried your double screen method on the solo stem.
I must say it works really well.

You will like the BLACK LEAF Bubbler.
I added some attachments to mine and it is versatile.

The larger water pipes don't work as well as this thing.
Simple but full of FLAVOR and EFFECT.

My point is you will appreciate your new water path device!
http://www.planetvape.ca/black-leaf-8-arm-slitted-tree-perc-bubbler.html
Get a 18mm GonG apapter.
I'm hooked on water path!

Michael Perski

Drums320
Hey guys so Im picking up a gram of hash oil later today. Im not in a medical state unfortunately but this is supposed to be from a dispensary in Michigan, and he says it's solvent-less oil apparently. Any tips on how to use this out of the Solo to conserve it the most? This is the first time I've had access to good quality hash oil, so I don't want to end up wasting it lol. I've heard of the cotton ball technique but I'm not sure how well that would work. Thanks for the help!

Michael Perski,

rcflo

Hey guys so Im picking up a gram of hash oil later today. Im not in a medical state unfortunately but this is supposed to be from a dispensary in Michigan, and he says it's solvent-less oil apparently. Any tips on how to use this out of the Solo to conserve it the most? This is the first time I've had access to good quality hash oil, so I don't want to end up wasting it lol. I've heard of the cotton ball technique but I'm not sure how well that would work. Thanks for the help!

A couple pages back, you can see pictures of an 'eclipse vape' style oil attachment i whipped up, if you search my posts. It worked alright, definitely the conservative way to go due to only being able to get a lot of small hits. But then again, some prefer larger clouds.

I still think that the best way is to sandwich a dab in between some herb, results in lots and lots of milky hits.

So my orings came in the mail yesterday, they are awesome. My two solos definitely benefit from having them installed. Another thanks to Bluerap! helping make the community what it is :tup:

Cheers

rcflo,

Vitolo

Vaporist

And... micro dab style
ArizerSolo%7CPage591%7CFCVaporizerReviewForum2013-05-1114-56-12.png
ArizerSolo%7CPage591%7CFCVaporizerReviewForum2013-05-1114-56-40.png

poonman

Mr. Vito ,
Yup , that 3rd vid with the Eclipse H2O stem , is the 2 piece I was imagining ...or saw .
Easy to load and easy to clean , plus ALL glass .
That will be my next project for my Solo , I hope my LHS has an Eclipse stem .

Still learning from you ,
Thanx again .

Darb

I have a Solo on the way. Hopefully it will be here Monday.
I'm picking out a water piece to match it up with as well as a PVHES and PVHEGong.
Any other suggestions as to other things I will need/want? (Besides the herb to go in it)
I see people talking about orings but I have a dozen different oring kits that I will match one of those from.

OF

I see people talking about orings but I have a dozen different oring kits that I will match one of those from.

Probably not a good idea, heat issues you know. You want a high temperature Silicone one, size 113. There's a fellow here that's ordered a bag (not for sale in any but specialty shops, hardware store plumbing rings don't cut it). Last I heard he was going to offer the excess to members. You might dig back in this thread about a week or so?

Otherwise, you can of course order a bag......

Good luck, I think you'll like the Solo.

OF

Darb

Probably not a good idea, heat issues you know. You want a high temperature Silicone one, size 113. There's a fellow here that's ordered a bag (not for sale in any but specialty shops, hardware store plumbing rings don't cut it). Last I heard he was going to offer the excess to members. You might dig back in this thread about a week or so?

Otherwise, you can of course order a bag......

Good luck, I think you'll like the Solo.

OF
Thanks OF. I have high temp kits as well. Used in hydraulic control valves. As long as I have the right size.

Darb,
Reactions: OF

poonman

Update on the budda project ;

I picked up the glass vials , but couldn't get the Eclipse H2O stem .
But I did find a glass Coke straw that is adaptable with o-rings to fit inside the vials .
It's basically in the shape of a baseball bat with a shute down the middle .
The thin handle end fits into the vial , while the fat end collects the vapors on top .
The only thing is , it's a little too long . ( 5 inches )
So the vapors are tasty but wispy , even with the micro-hit method .

Waiting to see if the Ascent can fulfill my Glass air path needs for budda/wax.
Until then , I'm gonna rock it with my Solo .

But it's Vito's catalyst idea of using the glass vials as a base/oven .
I will try and find another ' shorter ' glass stem/straw .
Preferably in the shape of a baseball bat also .

You've heard of ...' Carlito's way ' ...
Well this is ' Vito's way ' !!!

Vitolo

Vaporist
I can't take credit....
It was "Dr. Ray" on youtube.. a friend of mine, that told me about "Micro-Dabs... meaning he uses that little vial as an oven... and he would use an "eyedropper" tube to suck vapor..
My innovation was to use a taller vial and a fitted piece of glass~

poonman

I can't take credit....
It was "Dr. Ray" on youtube.. a friend of mine, that told me about "Micro-Dabs... meaning he uses that little vial as an oven... and he would use an "eyedropper" tube to suck vapor..
My innovation was to use a taller vial and a fitted piece of glass~

You are too much ! :bowdown:
Glass "eyedropper" tube , :clap:
I'm on it , I'll look for one .

GoGreen

@OF - I would have replied a lot sooner, been so busy this weekend - my apologies. So yeah I want to get a small battery pack like the one Armerad l;inked to on the last page and like Monsoon linked to around 50 pages back to power a solo but know they are for USB mostly - so I want to find someone who knows more about them to even find out if its even possible/any experience with these packs for one of those packs (they can putput at 9v) could be adapted to power the Solo.

Of course if you put your mind to it, anything is possible!

I saw a video of someone with a motorcycle battery and step up convertor powering a Volcano vaporizer in the middle of nowhere! That same setup would also do a solo, but would require so much kit - easily carried in a backpack, but still something the same/smaller size as a solo but just a battery it could plug into would be awesome.....perhaps.....maybe someone could make a plug in extra battery pack that output at 9v and mimicked the charger to charge the solo on the go.

@ataxian, you are a wizard with the electricity, and dabbled with solo batteries before - would it be possible to make something maybe resembling a charging stand/small box but with batteries in the bottom that could be taken on the go, with a pin connection to plug in and a port to charge the batteries when its done?

I know nothing about batteries and power stuff, its just something I want as i always run out of juice when i am out with it! Next weekend im going away and wont be able to charge it for 24 hours, so i just have to use it sparingly. Who wants to do that! ;)

Top Bottom