Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Well I left my PA on for an hour after my session...it stayed on one light and it also beeped again after I guess I cycle should have been. How long should it take for that last light to go off? I can't imagine I am not waiting long enough but you never know.

Well I am a total:doh: but you all knew that already. I think Red was trying to tell me something but my mind was so stuck in one direction. You all know I wanted to extend my solo and my INH with the glass straws and wanted to do it a certain way. When that way didn't work my brain got stuck. Well it unstuck and here is the end result.

hY8qKO2.jpg

The silicone at the end of the INH was the first I tried and it was to soft since the straw is heavy. I just haven't removed it yet. the one at the bottom is the silicone from TET which is really stiff. ON the solo is a piece of a NO2 tube.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Well I left my PA on for an hour after my session...it stayed on one light and it also beeped again after I guess I cycle should have been. How long should it take for that last light to go off? I can't imagine I am not waiting long enough but you never know.

Well I am a total:doh: but you all knew that already. I think Red was trying to tell me something but my mind was so stuck in one direction. You all know I wanted to extend my solo and my INH with the glass straws and wanted to do it a certain way. When that way didn't work my brain got stuck. Well it unstuck and here is the end result.

hY8qKO2.jpg

The silicone at the end of the INH was the first I tried and it was to soft since the straw is heavy. I just haven't removed it yet. the one at the bottom is the silicone from TET which is really stiff. ON the solo is a piece of a NO2 tube.

Dreamerr - are you going out with yoda tonight? :p

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I sold my pax and ordered a solo from puffitup last night for 160. I was just so sick of cleaning that damn thing and stealth isn't worth it to me. They had a deal for the solo with a case for 190. I wish I'd have known before I loaded 160 on my prepaid card cause I would've pulled the trigger on that shit! Oh well. Randy sent me a message about 2 hours later and said it was shipped. Tracking info says Monday! That's badass for ordering on a Friday night from there to Michigan! Anyways I'll be "flyin solo" by Monday afternoon! (fingers crossed)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You should be pretty happy with the Solo. It's not as small and stealthy as the pax, but man does it work really good, and is pretty hassle free IMO. Plug and play. You also get more control over temp, and I just love running it through a glass piece. Solo for the win!

olivianewtonjohn

Man the solo is so good I might have gone overboard with my medication. I swear im tired of MJ now lol. I dont know if its my medicine or what but I get strong body hi, and very strong mind high then one minute I will be awake and the next asleep. There is no transition state I have fallen asleep at my desk like 3 or 4 times even though my bed is like 3 feet away. Could be medicine since its been the same kind since I bought the solo like 2-3 weeks ago (the solo is really good on use). The solo is so good, I cant wait to see what solo2 brings us

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
You should be pretty happy with the Solo. It's not as small and stealthy as the pax, but man does it work really good, and is pretty hassle free IMO. Plug and play. You also get more control over temp, and I just love running it through a glass piece. Solo for the win!
Every reason you just listed is exactly every reason I decided to make the change! I use portables but not in scenarios where it needs to be as stealth as the pax. I'm just sick of cleaning that little sucker all the time. I know it doesn't seem like much but to have to clean it 1 or 2 times a week just so it will function seems a little redundant to me anymore.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Red Indy
Every reason you just listed is exactly every reason I decided to make the change! I use portables but not in scenarios where it needs to be as stealth as the pax. I'm just sick of cleaning that little sucker all the time. I know it doesn't seem like much but to have to clean it 1 or 2 times a week just so it will function seems a little redundant to me anymore.
You'll love the Solo. I always say that it's the one vape in my collection I couldn't live without.

kingofnull,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
You'll love the Solo. I always say that it's the one vape in my collection I couldn't live without.
That's kinda what I've deducted at this point too. Do you have a pax as well? If so, how's the taste of solos vapor vs paxs? Also longevity of said taste? Cause the pax only tastes great for 5 or so hits before it turns. I like the idea of the smaller load as well because if it forces me to reload sooner then I'll be back to that fresh taste sooner.

That's kinda what I've deducted at this point too. Do you have a pax as well? If so, how's the taste of solos vapor vs paxs? Also longevity of said taste? Cause the pax only tastes great for 5 or so hits before it turns. I like the idea of the smaller load as well because if it forces me to reload sooner then I'll be back to that fresh taste sooner.
I don't have a Pax, but the Solo is widely considered to be one of the best tasting vapes.

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT

hY8qKO2.jpg

It takes a looooong time for the last light to die........mostly 3-4 x 12 mins
Great DIY Dreamerr, love the amethyst color, do they have the intended effect of getting a less harsh vapor and less throat irritation??

Red Indy,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
i have and use one right after each other with WAX rips with my PERSEI's in between.
I love the flavor and its effective!

Man the solo is so good I might have gone overboard with my medication. I swear im tired of MJ now lol. I dont know if its my medicine or what but I get strong body hi, and very strong mind high then one minute I will be awake and the next asleep. There is no transition state I have fallen asleep at my desk like 3 or 4 times even though my bed is like 3 feet away. Could be medicine since its been the same kind since I bought the solo like 2-3 weeks ago (the solo is really good on use). The solo is so good, I cant wait to see what solo2 brings us
i find if I do my first stem with say, OG the the second stem is GIRL SCOUT COOKIES, then later maybe some CATUS COOLER. I think its good to have 3 or more strains to vape with plus WAXES too properly medicate.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

ataxian,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
It takes a looooong time for the last light to die........mostly 3-4 x 12 mins
Great DIY Dreamerr, love the amethyst color, do they have the intended effect of getting a less harsh vapor and less throat irritation??

Yep way cooler and way more fun to use. I am going to pair with the bent stem to see how that is. So far I have tried the stock straight and the hes straight. The INH works awesome. I am taking huger hits on both so have to cut that out cause then I am defeating the purpose. The herb is vaped better because of it as well. I haven't tried but I may be able to even drop down to 2 on the solo. I did drop to 3 on the INH.

That is a lot of cycles to keep it plugged in with the heater on. If I am assuming correctly if the first light is on then the heater is on?

Dreamerr,

hoptimum

Aside from the stem, I doubt I've cleaned my solo twice in the past 4 months.

hoptimum,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I usually just give the SS bowl a quick wipe out with a dry q tip while it's still warm every once in a while, and it stays pretty clean. I also try to keep herb from getting down into the SS chamber, using a ss screen to cap it in my stem, or if it's going to be upside down (on glass), I just pack the load a bit. Also clean stems on occasion when they start to look golden. I keep a jar of ISO for only reclaim soaking.

I also agree that the PA is a good thing to have. I almost always use it plugged in at home, unless I am trying to be mobile around the house or going to bed. Before I got my log vape (HI) that is now on 24/7, I would often wake up in the wee hours and run the solo for a sesh to get me back to sleep for a bit longer, because it's just so easy and fast to heat up. This is the first battery powered portable vape I will go to recommend to a friend who is looking because it's still got the lowest price point for how well it works. :tup:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
So any tips for a guy new to the solo? Best temp setting for flavor and vapor production? Screen? No screen? Fine grind? Packed? Any tips will help.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I say start at lower temps, 3-4 is a good place, you will get good flavor and decent vapor. I use med. grind, gentle pack. I use screens on both sides of the load most of the time, keeps things cleaner. You can experiment and find what works best for you. If I don't want a full stem, I will just load what I want, and light pack it in. You can also dome the screen on the inside of the stem, and make the bowl size a bit smaller, and put the load closer to the end of the stem... many ways to use it. Some like it native, and just load the stem with no screens, but you do get some bits pull through. It's best to charge it first, then do a couple or so "burn off" by turning it on to 7 and letting it run a full sesh. with no stem. Just good to get rid of the factory smells.

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
Yep way cooler and way more fun to use. I am going to pair with the bent stem to see how that is. So far I have tried the stock straight and the hes straight. The INH works awesome. I am taking huger hits on both so have to cut that out cause then I am defeating the purpose. The herb is vaped better because of it as well. I haven't tried but I may be able to even drop down to 2 on the solo. I did drop to 3 on the INH.

That is a lot of cycles to keep it plugged in with the heater on. If I am assuming correctly if the first light is on then the heater is on?

If still plugged in to the PA the first light can be on even if the unit is turned off because on that moment it only indicates how warm the Solo still is. After the beep it goes to idle, it will indicate battery power and right after that the lights will only show how much temperature is still left, you will see it drop.
To start heating up again you just use the 'up' button (you will see it starts from the bottom even if there are still lights on indicating that it still is warm) back to #3 or what ever you had on and you can start vaping again straight away.

BTW my experience using the bent stem this way wasn't that satisfying as the stem is likely to turn around when moving the Solo, if the stem is really tight fit it might work but mine wasn't.
The flexible extension made the straight stem more versatile, that way you can use the Solo laying down as well, I think the stem with the flexible part is the best of my stems now.

Red Indy,
Reactions: Dreamerr

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
Just to be accurate, one thing is the safety of the materials and the other is the smell those materials might give off.

I taste the metals in my vaporizers. I notice the difference between my gn0me with and without the ss screen (the gn0me is a flame vaporizer that is made by just two small glass tubes that lock together. ), so there is some scent lingering no matter what you do.

The only ones i know of that don't do this, are hard ceramics (like the TET Cera body), and glass. I there are some very high grade plastics but i don't know which.. i think the miniVAP is one who has, and the HA also has it.

So, i believe the Solo's airpath to be safe, but i don't agree that is scentless, at least that is my experience and it is replicated by many here.
If you want no scent, you have to use vaporizers that have air and vapor paths isolated from every other material.

Mine had a tiny amount of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_grease around the thermostat in the heater block, which is a good thing for temperature control, but I'd guess that may give off some odour until all the volatiles are gone. The grease is likely to be stable at non-combusting temperatures but there may be solvents and other stuff in there when it's first put there explaining the often reported robofart smell for the first few sessions.

fubar,

bluemonkey

hey guys, looking for a variable temp, digital portable vape
this vape caught my eye, seems like a solid unit?
just wondering if is worth waiting for the davinci ascent?, which has a all glass pathway is smaller and offers similar controls
the arizer solo is available with some great deals at the moment and the newer model is out. So they should have any issues ironed out,
whereas this new unit may have some teething problems, although Davinci does have some pedigree
think it's worth waiting?
because i could purchase a arizer right now for £100, no customs, free next day postage,
whereas the davinci is the end of march in America, who knows when for the U.K, for around £160-£200

bluemonkey,
Top Bottom